Skip to content

STEELER WEEK!

The Browns Board
358 36 9.1k 1
  • @vagitron said:

    Did you spend time on the political board today sir spins a lot?  It was a bad "tackle" but he does not have a career issue with tackling. 

    You said "never"... only takes one time to invalidate that.

    Quit arguing with yourself.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    You said "never"... only takes one time to invalidate that.

    Quit arguing with yourself.

    As in it has never defined his game, everyone...even the best players have bad tackles so the latter is not something i'd say johnny spins.

  • @tour2ma said:

    To an extent, yes... as I am a Browns fan. Same as you... except for the wrong team.

    But I stand by my analysis, such as it's been to this point, of this game as I am sure you do yours.

    Again, while we have played and failed against one good team, you have faced none... you are about to face your first.

    Going to double back now to SDBackers analysis and dive a little deeper.

    I was just giving you a hard time.  I definitely throw on my shades too.

    HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss.  Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second.  The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines.  You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    I was just giving you a hard time.  I definitely throw on my shades too.

    HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss.  Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second.  The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines.  You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.

    The Eagles are 1-3-1 with the tie being a lucky miracle that they didn't lose to the Bengals.

    Let's be real, if this was me saying "I don't care about wins/losses, Browns are a good team" while sitting at the same record - you'd have a good laugh.    

    Philly's dline isn't what it was.  You have Fletcher Cox and then went? Hargrave is a below average starter - Josh Sweat and Derek Barnett are just-above-average starting ends and Brandon Graham is a serviceable starter who is getting long in the tooth.       If Cox goes down, that Philly line is super fucked.

  • @vagitron said:

    1. I was just giving you a hard time.  I definitely throw on my shades too.
    2. HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss.  Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second.  The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines.  You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.
    1. Fair enough...
    2. Thanks... I'll be here all week?

    But (once again) I must point out that HOU:

    • quit playing for O'Brien.
    • is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
    • is -5 in turnover ratio.
    • T-27th in sacks allowed.

    HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.

    And PHI...

    • is #18 in run D.
    • is -6 in turnover ratio.
    • 14th in rushing.
    • 30th in sacks allowed.

    The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    1. Fair enough...
    2. Thanks... I'll be here all week?

    But (once again) I must point out that HOU:

    • quit playing for O'Brien.
    • is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
    • is -5 in turnover ratio.
    • T-27th in sacks allowed.

    HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.

    And PHI...

    • is #18 in run D.
    • is -6 in turnover ratio.
    • 14th in rushing.
    • 30th in sacks allowed.

    The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.

    Hey you better hope the eagles aren't healthy when you all play them, i was really just talking about that d-line and Slay is a very good corner.  It's a banged up team, not a bad team. You should also check to see who houston has played, "gipper"

  • and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.  Decastro is almost certainly not playing this week.  Pouncey was a full participant today, as was diontae johnson.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.

    Cool... what was his run rating?

    BTW... our right side were both rated the best at their position at the quarter pole... that's Teller and Conklin... run and pass.

    Guess I am not a fan either*... 😵

    * Actually I am a fan of PFF's OL work. I graded ours for a couple years and found we agreed a high percentage of the time.

  • @vagitron said:

    I was just giving you a hard time.  I definitely throw on my shades too.

    HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss.  Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second.  The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines.  You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.

    The Eagles are 1-3-1 with the tie being a lucky miracle that they didn't lose to the Bengals.

    Let's be real, if this was me saying "I don't care about wins/losses, Browns are a good team" while sitting at the same record - you'd have a good laugh.    

    Philly's dline isn't what it was.  You have Fletcher Cox and then went? Hargrave is a below average starter - Josh Sweat and Derek Barnett are just-above-average starting ends and Brandon Graham is a serviceable starter who is getting long in the tooth.       If Cox goes down, that Philly line is super fucked.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    The Eagles are 1-3-1 with the tie being a lucky miracle that they didn't lose to the Bengals.

    Let's be real, if this was me saying "I don't care about wins/losses, Browns are a good team" while sitting at the same record - you'd have a good laugh.    

    Philly's dline isn't what it was.  You have Fletcher Cox and then went? Hargrave is a below average starter - Josh Sweat and Derek Barnett are just-above-average starting ends and Brandon Graham is a serviceable starter who is getting long in the tooth.       If Cox goes down, that Philly line is super fucked.

    Hargrave is not a below average starter, hargrave was a beast for us but miscast as a nose tackle.  Brandon Graham doesn't ring a bell? you may want to check that man's career sack totals.

  • @vagitron said:

    and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.

    Cool... what was his run rating?

    BTW... our right side were both rated the best at their position at the quarter pole... that's Teller and Conklin... run and pass.

    Guess I am not a fan either*... 😵

    * Actually I am a fan of PFF's OL work. I graded ours for a couple years and found we agreed a high percentage of the time.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Cool... what was his run rating?

    BTW... our right side were both rated the best at their position at the quarter pole... that's Teller and Conklin... run and pass.

    Guess I am not a fan either*... 😵

    * Actually I am a fan of PFF's OL work. I graded ours for a couple years and found we agreed a high percentage of the time.

    He's a road grader so he's good on the ground too.  I guess you are about to find out.

  • @vagitron said:

    1. I was just giving you a hard time.  I definitely throw on my shades too.
    2. HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss.  Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second.  The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines.  You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.
    1. Fair enough...
    2. Thanks... I'll be here all week?

    But (once again) I must point out that HOU:

    • quit playing for O'Brien.
    • is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
    • is -5 in turnover ratio.
    • T-27th in sacks allowed.

    HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.

    And PHI...

    • is #18 in run D.
    • is -6 in turnover ratio.
    • 14th in rushing.
    • 30th in sacks allowed.

    The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron

    @tour2ma said:

    1. Fair enough...
    2. Thanks... I'll be here all week?

    But (once again) I must point out that HOU:

    • quit playing for O'Brien.
    • is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
    • is -5 in turnover ratio.
    • T-27th in sacks allowed.

    HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.

    And PHI...

    • is #18 in run D.
    • is -6 in turnover ratio.
    • 14th in rushing.
    • 30th in sacks allowed.

    The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.

    Let me help you out.  The texans have played

    Chiefs

    Ravens

    Steelers

    Vikings 

    Jags

    The Browns record would likely be the same with that schedule, are the browns a bad team?

    I will wait for you to reevaluate your previous position on the Texans.

  • @tour2ma said:

    1. Fair enough...
    2. Thanks... I'll be here all week?

    But (once again) I must point out that HOU:

    • quit playing for O'Brien.
    • is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
    • is -5 in turnover ratio.
    • T-27th in sacks allowed.

    HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.

    And PHI...

    • is #18 in run D.
    • is -6 in turnover ratio.
    • 14th in rushing.
    • 30th in sacks allowed.

    The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.

    Hey you better hope the eagles aren't healthy when you all play them, i was really just talking about that d-line and Slay is a very good corner.  It's a banged up team, not a bad team. You should also check to see who houston has played, "gipper"

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @vagitron said:

    Hey you better hope the eagles aren't healthy when you all play them, i was really just talking about that d-line and Slay is a very good corner.  It's a banged up team, not a bad team. You should also check to see who houston has played, "gipper"

    PHI is a bad team and a good "d-line" does not make them better.

    HOU was not a good team when you played them... I've seen them three times this year. I am married to a Texans fan.

    How many times have you seen them O great PA-Gipper?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Does anyone think it will matter one iota whose schedule was tougher come Sunday at 1pm? 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    Enough playtime... Practice reports are up...

    Need to see a couple "DNPs" at least turn into "LPs" tomorrow...

    ... and a few "LPs" into "FPs" wouldn't hurt either.

    image.thumb.png.ebea92ff2e1f8f769ba329072824b4d5.png

    image.thumb.png.24a9eeeeaa8c4b96fb89fe00e23ffaae.png

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    And today's Injury Reports... our lists are going in opposite directions...

    image.png.b9b0b495361f9b8d0654f1ef03b565e9.png

    image.png.1faa5499f08954b459e1a97c71a1a807.png

  • @tiamat63 said:

    The Eagles are 1-3-1 with the tie being a lucky miracle that they didn't lose to the Bengals.

    Let's be real, if this was me saying "I don't care about wins/losses, Browns are a good team" while sitting at the same record - you'd have a good laugh.    

    Philly's dline isn't what it was.  You have Fletcher Cox and then went? Hargrave is a below average starter - Josh Sweat and Derek Barnett are just-above-average starting ends and Brandon Graham is a serviceable starter who is getting long in the tooth.       If Cox goes down, that Philly line is super fucked.

    Hargrave is not a below average starter, hargrave was a beast for us but miscast as a nose tackle.  Brandon Graham doesn't ring a bell? you may want to check that man's career sack totals.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Hargrave is not a below average starter, hargrave was a beast for us but miscast as a nose tackle.  Brandon Graham doesn't ring a bell? you may want to check that man's career sack totals.

    Hargrave has been roasted pretty bad this year playing next to Cox.  Right now he is not playing anything like a "beast".    They've faced 2 teams with quality lines and guess what..?

    Vs Rams they gave up 191 yards on the ground.

    vs Steelers 146 yards on the ground. 

    And I'm very well aware of who Brandon Graham is.  Notice how I mentioned him?  Sack career totals are great, but if the Eagles can't limit anything on the interior then their pass rush really doesn't mean a damn thing.

  • And today's Injury Reports... our lists are going in opposite directions...

    image.png.b9b0b495361f9b8d0654f1ef03b565e9.png

    image.png.1faa5499f08954b459e1a97c71a1a807.png

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    And today's Injury Reports...

    image.png.b9b0b495361f9b8d0654f1ef03b565e9.png

    image.png.1faa5499f08954b459e1a97c71a1a807.png

    See, this is why I wanted to bring Bell in on the cheap. The Browns are rolling right now and can't trust that unproven guys like Johnson can carry the load. Bell can do it all, he may be a head case, but just sign him on a 1-year deal. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    One reason I can see the Browns winning Sunday is that this team under Stefanski seems way more mentally tough, more resilient than any Browns team since coming back in '99. 

    But I won't lie, I'm scared to see a good veteran QB against our defense... especially considering that good vet QB has a very good defense behind him. 

  • One reason I can see the Browns winning Sunday is that this team under Stefanski seems way more mentally tough, more resilient than any Browns team since coming back in '99. 

    But I won't lie, I'm scared to see a good veteran QB against our defense... especially considering that good vet QB has a very good defense behind him. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @dutch-oven said:

    One reason I can see the Browns winning Sunday is that this team under Stefanski seems way more mentally tough, more resilient than any Browns team since coming back in '99. 

    But I won't lie, I'm scared to see a good veteran QB against our defense... especially considering that good vet QB has a very good defense behind him. 

    I’m more concerned with legit dual threat QBs. Guys like Jackson, Watson...we can call it right on D and we still give up a big play.

    Let’s go down the list...good vet QBs and very good defenses.

    The schedule: Squealers, Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Titans, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jax, Ravens 

    are we calling Ben good?

    Titans fit with Tannehill? 

    the Raiduhs? 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    One reason I can see the Browns winning Sunday is that this team under Stefanski seems way more mentally tough, more resilient than any Browns team since coming back in '99. 

    But I won't lie, I'm scared to see a good veteran QB against our defense... especially considering that good vet QB has a very good defense behind him. 

    I’m more concerned with legit dual threat QBs. Guys like Jackson, Watson...we can call it right on D and we still give up a big play.

    Let’s go down the list...good vet QBs and very good defenses.

    The schedule: Squealers, Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Titans, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jax, Ravens 

    are we calling Ben good?

    Titans fit with Tannehill? 

    the Raiduhs? 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m more concerned with legit dual threat QBs. Guys like Jackson, Watson...we can call it right on D and we still give up a big play.

    Let’s go down the list...good vet QBs and very good defenses.

    The schedule: Squealers, Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Titans, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jax, Ravens 

    are we calling Ben good?

    Titans fit with Tannehill? 

    the Raiduhs? 

    Oh yeah, I've mentioned that before... the Browns schedule has become pretty weak.

    But they still have those four games vs the Steelers (twice), Ravens and the Titans, and I still think the Texans and Eagles are very capable of producing a tough game. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m more concerned with legit dual threat QBs. Guys like Jackson, Watson...we can call it right on D and we still give up a big play.

    Let’s go down the list...good vet QBs and very good defenses.

    The schedule: Squealers, Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Titans, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jax, Ravens 

    are we calling Ben good?

    Titans fit with Tannehill? 

    the Raiduhs? 

    Oh yeah, I've mentioned that before... the Browns schedule has become pretty weak.

    But they still have those four games vs the Steelers (twice), Ravens and the Titans, and I still think the Texans and Eagles are very capable of producing a tough game. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh yeah, I've mentioned that before... the Browns schedule has become pretty weak.

    But they still have those four games vs the Steelers (twice), Ravens and the Titans, and I still think the Texans and Eagles are very capable of producing a tough game. 

    They are all toss ups with our defensive being a mystery. Maybe Jax, Jets and Giants we need to play poorly to lose. 
    I was trying to take our schedule and fit Good Vet QB and Very good D. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Hey you better hope the eagles aren't healthy when you all play them, i was really just talking about that d-line and Slay is a very good corner.  It's a banged up team, not a bad team. You should also check to see who houston has played, "gipper"

    PHI is a bad team and a good "d-line" does not make them better.

    HOU was not a good team when you played them... I've seen them three times this year. I am married to a Texans fan.

    How many times have you seen them O great PA-Gipper?

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    PHI is a bad team and a good "d-line" does not make them better.

    HOU was not a good team when you played them... I've seen them three times this year. I am married to a Texans fan.

    How many times have you seen them O great PA-Gipper?

    I've watched a lot of those games for fantasy football reasons. I watch a lot of games period for that reason, I'm in 4 leagues this year.

  • N Neo

    @tour2ma said:

    And today's Injury Reports...

    image.png.b9b0b495361f9b8d0654f1ef03b565e9.png

    image.png.1faa5499f08954b459e1a97c71a1a807.png

    See, this is why I wanted to bring Bell in on the cheap. The Browns are rolling right now and can't trust that unproven guys like Johnson can carry the load. Bell can do it all, he may be a head case, but just sign him on a 1-year deal. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    See, this is why I wanted to bring Bell in on the cheap. The Browns are rolling right now and can't trust that unproven guys like Johnson can carry the load. Bell can do it all, he may be a head case, but just sign him on a 1-year deal. 

    Too late, that ship has sailed- Bell to KC...  

  • @neo said:

    See, this is why I wanted to bring Bell in on the cheap. The Browns are rolling right now and can't trust that unproven guys like Johnson can carry the load. Bell can do it all, he may be a head case, but just sign him on a 1-year deal. 

    Too late, that ship has sailed- Bell to KC...  

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Too late, that ship has sailed- Bell to KC...  

    Why does every player of importance have to be banged up during steeler week??