Skip to content

STEELER WEEK!

The Browns Board
358 36 9.1k 1
  • And today's Injury Reports... our lists are going in opposite directions...

    image.png.b9b0b495361f9b8d0654f1ef03b565e9.png

    image.png.1faa5499f08954b459e1a97c71a1a807.png

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    And today's Injury Reports...

    image.png.b9b0b495361f9b8d0654f1ef03b565e9.png

    image.png.1faa5499f08954b459e1a97c71a1a807.png

    See, this is why I wanted to bring Bell in on the cheap. The Browns are rolling right now and can't trust that unproven guys like Johnson can carry the load. Bell can do it all, he may be a head case, but just sign him on a 1-year deal. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    One reason I can see the Browns winning Sunday is that this team under Stefanski seems way more mentally tough, more resilient than any Browns team since coming back in '99. 

    But I won't lie, I'm scared to see a good veteran QB against our defense... especially considering that good vet QB has a very good defense behind him. 

  • One reason I can see the Browns winning Sunday is that this team under Stefanski seems way more mentally tough, more resilient than any Browns team since coming back in '99. 

    But I won't lie, I'm scared to see a good veteran QB against our defense... especially considering that good vet QB has a very good defense behind him. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @dutch-oven said:

    One reason I can see the Browns winning Sunday is that this team under Stefanski seems way more mentally tough, more resilient than any Browns team since coming back in '99. 

    But I won't lie, I'm scared to see a good veteran QB against our defense... especially considering that good vet QB has a very good defense behind him. 

    I’m more concerned with legit dual threat QBs. Guys like Jackson, Watson...we can call it right on D and we still give up a big play.

    Let’s go down the list...good vet QBs and very good defenses.

    The schedule: Squealers, Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Titans, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jax, Ravens 

    are we calling Ben good?

    Titans fit with Tannehill? 

    the Raiduhs? 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    One reason I can see the Browns winning Sunday is that this team under Stefanski seems way more mentally tough, more resilient than any Browns team since coming back in '99. 

    But I won't lie, I'm scared to see a good veteran QB against our defense... especially considering that good vet QB has a very good defense behind him. 

    I’m more concerned with legit dual threat QBs. Guys like Jackson, Watson...we can call it right on D and we still give up a big play.

    Let’s go down the list...good vet QBs and very good defenses.

    The schedule: Squealers, Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Titans, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jax, Ravens 

    are we calling Ben good?

    Titans fit with Tannehill? 

    the Raiduhs? 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m more concerned with legit dual threat QBs. Guys like Jackson, Watson...we can call it right on D and we still give up a big play.

    Let’s go down the list...good vet QBs and very good defenses.

    The schedule: Squealers, Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Titans, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jax, Ravens 

    are we calling Ben good?

    Titans fit with Tannehill? 

    the Raiduhs? 

    Oh yeah, I've mentioned that before... the Browns schedule has become pretty weak.

    But they still have those four games vs the Steelers (twice), Ravens and the Titans, and I still think the Texans and Eagles are very capable of producing a tough game. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m more concerned with legit dual threat QBs. Guys like Jackson, Watson...we can call it right on D and we still give up a big play.

    Let’s go down the list...good vet QBs and very good defenses.

    The schedule: Squealers, Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Titans, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jax, Ravens 

    are we calling Ben good?

    Titans fit with Tannehill? 

    the Raiduhs? 

    Oh yeah, I've mentioned that before... the Browns schedule has become pretty weak.

    But they still have those four games vs the Steelers (twice), Ravens and the Titans, and I still think the Texans and Eagles are very capable of producing a tough game. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh yeah, I've mentioned that before... the Browns schedule has become pretty weak.

    But they still have those four games vs the Steelers (twice), Ravens and the Titans, and I still think the Texans and Eagles are very capable of producing a tough game. 

    They are all toss ups with our defensive being a mystery. Maybe Jax, Jets and Giants we need to play poorly to lose. 
    I was trying to take our schedule and fit Good Vet QB and Very good D. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Hey you better hope the eagles aren't healthy when you all play them, i was really just talking about that d-line and Slay is a very good corner.  It's a banged up team, not a bad team. You should also check to see who houston has played, "gipper"

    PHI is a bad team and a good "d-line" does not make them better.

    HOU was not a good team when you played them... I've seen them three times this year. I am married to a Texans fan.

    How many times have you seen them O great PA-Gipper?

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    PHI is a bad team and a good "d-line" does not make them better.

    HOU was not a good team when you played them... I've seen them three times this year. I am married to a Texans fan.

    How many times have you seen them O great PA-Gipper?

    I've watched a lot of those games for fantasy football reasons. I watch a lot of games period for that reason, I'm in 4 leagues this year.

  • N Neo

    @tour2ma said:

    And today's Injury Reports...

    image.png.b9b0b495361f9b8d0654f1ef03b565e9.png

    image.png.1faa5499f08954b459e1a97c71a1a807.png

    See, this is why I wanted to bring Bell in on the cheap. The Browns are rolling right now and can't trust that unproven guys like Johnson can carry the load. Bell can do it all, he may be a head case, but just sign him on a 1-year deal. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    See, this is why I wanted to bring Bell in on the cheap. The Browns are rolling right now and can't trust that unproven guys like Johnson can carry the load. Bell can do it all, he may be a head case, but just sign him on a 1-year deal. 

    Too late, that ship has sailed- Bell to KC...  

  • @neo said:

    See, this is why I wanted to bring Bell in on the cheap. The Browns are rolling right now and can't trust that unproven guys like Johnson can carry the load. Bell can do it all, he may be a head case, but just sign him on a 1-year deal. 

    Too late, that ship has sailed- Bell to KC...  

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Too late, that ship has sailed- Bell to KC...  

    Why does every player of importance have to be banged up during steeler week??

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by

    20191127_140435.jpg

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    I know it doesn't matter, but trying to say Ben sucks is just not true. Did any of you check out the Philly game? He called audibles that most QBs wouldn't know to do, and clicked with Claypool for 3 passing TDs, one run. I hope the Browns don't take Ben lightly. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    I don't think anyone is saying that Ben sucks. He's a HOF QB, but his best times are behind him. Understandably so. Steelers have been considered one of the top teams of the league and it's legit since they have performed well for many years, and sometimes that makes you value the names more than the performance, and I don't think that Ben or other veteran Dlinemen's names are as scary as they were some years ago. 

    The worst thing is as Dutch said is that he's a veteran and can find the weak spots of our secondary easily, so it's vital for us to keep him guessing, and give enough time for our pass rush to reach him and at least force some hurries. 

  • BrownsfaninPaB BrownsfaninPa wrote on last edited by

    Well its Steelers week. Time to face our arch rivals. And even though the Browns aren't actually playing in London, we are facing Big Ben. Our defense led by Myles Garrett has to put major pressure on #7, make him rush his decision on what to do, and hit him and bring him down. Hoping he has elbow problems to prevent him from passing. Our offense has to dominate the field in all areas. Spread the ball around to make the Steelers wonder where the ball is going next. Make sure our receivers catch everything that is thrown, and gain massive yards and sum it up with a TD. If our defense can suffocate their offense, we can win this game. Remember , big ben doesn't come down easily, but the bigger they are, the harder they fall.  GO BROWNS !!

  • Well its Steelers week. Time to face our arch rivals. And even though the Browns aren't actually playing in London, we are facing Big Ben. Our defense led by Myles Garrett has to put major pressure on #7, make him rush his decision on what to do, and hit him and bring him down. Hoping he has elbow problems to prevent him from passing. Our offense has to dominate the field in all areas. Spread the ball around to make the Steelers wonder where the ball is going next. Make sure our receivers catch everything that is thrown, and gain massive yards and sum it up with a TD. If our defense can suffocate their offense, we can win this game. Remember , big ben doesn't come down easily, but the bigger they are, the harder they fall.  GO BROWNS !!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Man... don't do that. I was ready to go to London again... still have to visit Ireland.

    @brownsfaninpa said:

    ... and sum it up with a TD.

    Pretty sure we are going to need more than one... 😉

  • I know it doesn't matter, but trying to say Ben sucks is just not true. Did any of you check out the Philly game? He called audibles that most QBs wouldn't know to do, and clicked with Claypool for 3 passing TDs, one run. I hope the Browns don't take Ben lightly. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @icecube said:

    I know it doesn't matter, but trying to say Ben sucks is just not true. Did any of you check out the Philly game? He called audibles that most QBs wouldn't know to do, and clicked with Claypool for 3 passing TDs, one run. I hope the Browns don't take Ben lightly. 

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

  • BrownsfaninPaB BrownsfaninPa wrote on last edited by

    May I ask if your an Irishman? My ancestry dates back to Ireland, but I don't know where exactly. My Great Grandfather was from Ireland.

  • @icecube said:

    I know it doesn't matter, but trying to say Ben sucks is just not true. Did any of you check out the Philly game? He called audibles that most QBs wouldn't know to do, and clicked with Claypool for 3 passing TDs, one run. I hope the Browns don't take Ben lightly. 

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    Why do you keep calling him Andrew V. When it's Alejandro Villanueva???? If you want to change it, it would be Alexander. Respect the Spaniards.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    Why do you keep calling him Andrew V. When it's Alejandro Villanueva???? If you want to change it, it would be Alexander. Respect the Spaniards.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Why do you keep calling him Andrew V. When it's Alejandro Villanueva???? If you want to change it, it would be Alexander. Respect the Spaniards.

    Sorry my bad.  

    Alejandro.  

  • @icecube said:

    I know it doesn't matter, but trying to say Ben sucks is just not true. Did any of you check out the Philly game? He called audibles that most QBs wouldn't know to do, and clicked with Claypool for 3 passing TDs, one run. I hope the Browns don't take Ben lightly. 

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    Ben leads the league or close to it in getting the ball out quickly. Averaging like 2.2 seconds per drop back, compared to 2.8 to Baker.

    We have so many injuries, and I'm not sure what we're going to do. 

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    If baker doesnt freak we can expose their defense.

  • @icecube said:

    I know it doesn't matter, but trying to say Ben sucks is just not true. Did any of you check out the Philly game? He called audibles that most QBs wouldn't know to do, and clicked with Claypool for 3 passing TDs, one run. I hope the Browns don't take Ben lightly. 

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    Not really, which is why they will bring a TE over to help or chip him with a RB. MG will get a sack or 2. But that won't be enough to stop Pitt from scoring over 30. Who's gonna handle Claypool? Ebron? Cleveland's safeties are trash.