Skip to content

STEELER WEEK!

The Browns Board
358 36 9.1k 1
  • @icecube said:

    I know it doesn't matter, but trying to say Ben sucks is just not true. Did any of you check out the Philly game? He called audibles that most QBs wouldn't know to do, and clicked with Claypool for 3 passing TDs, one run. I hope the Browns don't take Ben lightly. 

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    Why do you keep calling him Andrew V. When it's Alejandro Villanueva???? If you want to change it, it would be Alexander. Respect the Spaniards.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    Why do you keep calling him Andrew V. When it's Alejandro Villanueva???? If you want to change it, it would be Alexander. Respect the Spaniards.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Why do you keep calling him Andrew V. When it's Alejandro Villanueva???? If you want to change it, it would be Alexander. Respect the Spaniards.

    Sorry my bad.  

    Alejandro.  

  • @icecube said:

    I know it doesn't matter, but trying to say Ben sucks is just not true. Did any of you check out the Philly game? He called audibles that most QBs wouldn't know to do, and clicked with Claypool for 3 passing TDs, one run. I hope the Browns don't take Ben lightly. 

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    Ben leads the league or close to it in getting the ball out quickly. Averaging like 2.2 seconds per drop back, compared to 2.8 to Baker.

    We have so many injuries, and I'm not sure what we're going to do. 

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    If baker doesnt freak we can expose their defense.

  • @icecube said:

    I know it doesn't matter, but trying to say Ben sucks is just not true. Did any of you check out the Philly game? He called audibles that most QBs wouldn't know to do, and clicked with Claypool for 3 passing TDs, one run. I hope the Browns don't take Ben lightly. 

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    Not really, which is why they will bring a TE over to help or chip him with a RB. MG will get a sack or 2. But that won't be enough to stop Pitt from scoring over 30. Who's gonna handle Claypool? Ebron? Cleveland's safeties are trash. 

  • If baker doesnt freak we can expose their defense.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    If baker doesnt freak we can expose their defense.

    Yea, I heard today, Baker was one of the very worst QBs when under pressure and Pitt is #1 at QB pressure. That's why they must get a rushing game going. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    easy to get the ball out when your wr's get wide open. and offensive line pass blocking has a lot to do with that.

    and the pass defense capability has a whole lot to do with it.

    rapistbooger tosses a five yard pass to wide open wr or te.big whoopee.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  
     

    the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?
     

    Not really, which is why they will bring a TE over to help or chip him with a RB. MG will get a sack or 2. But that won't be enough to stop Pitt from scoring over 30. Who's gonna handle Claypool? Ebron? Cleveland's safeties are trash. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @icecube said:

    Not really, which is why they will bring a TE over to help or chip him with a RB. MG will get a sack or 2. But that won't be enough to stop Pitt from scoring over 30. Who's gonna handle Claypool? Ebron? Cleveland's safeties are trash. 

    I don’t know how they stop any of these guys!!! Claypool had six catches in his pro career prior to the Eagles game.  Seriously We better play in a box well tackle these WRs on the inevitable quick throws and keep Conner in check (has he really gone off this year?) 
     

    maybe we have to score over 30 like we’ve done quite a few times this year- deploy OBJ, Landry, Hooper, Hunt and strut into town with our elite Oline. 
     

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Ebron can handle himself, the dude has bricks for hands.

    That being said, the line is -3 Pittsburgh.  I'm taking them to cover, but not by much.

  • Ebron can handle himself, the dude has bricks for hands.

    That being said, the line is -3 Pittsburgh.  I'm taking them to cover, but not by much.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Ebron can handle himself, the dude has bricks for hands.

    That being said, the line is -3 Pittsburgh.  I'm taking them to cover, but not by much.

    I have Claypool and Smith-Schuster on my FFL team. I'm playing them both because of Sendejo.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Local hero nabs sex offender! 

    myles ben.jpeg

  • Ebron can handle himself, the dude has bricks for hands.

    That being said, the line is -3 Pittsburgh.  I'm taking them to cover, but not by much.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    That being said, the line is -3 Pittsburgh.  I'm taking them to cover, but not by much.

    Considering the game is in Pittsburgh, basically this game is a push.

    Pretty amazing, considering the Browns have won in single digits in Pittsburgh in the last 50 years. 

  • @icecube said:

    Not really, which is why they will bring a TE over to help or chip him with a RB. MG will get a sack or 2. But that won't be enough to stop Pitt from scoring over 30. Who's gonna handle Claypool? Ebron? Cleveland's safeties are trash. 

    I don’t know how they stop any of these guys!!! Claypool had six catches in his pro career prior to the Eagles game.  Seriously We better play in a box well tackle these WRs on the inevitable quick throws and keep Conner in check (has he really gone off this year?) 
     

    maybe we have to score over 30 like we’ve done quite a few times this year- deploy OBJ, Landry, Hooper, Hunt and strut into town with our elite Oline. 
     

    hish747H hish747 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    deploy OBJ, Landry, Hooper, Hunt and strut into town with our elite Oline. 
     

    Ok Kitchens...don't forget about Hollywood Higgins...geesh...

  • Ebron can handle himself, the dude has bricks for hands.

    That being said, the line is -3 Pittsburgh.  I'm taking them to cover, but not by much.

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Ebron can handle himself, the dude has bricks for hands.

    That being said, the line is -3 Pittsburgh.  I'm taking them to cover, but not by much.

    Whats the over under?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Updates... and it ain't good... Teller and Joseph OUT.

    image.png.ebc427bffa0ed1dd4732c0ca2df39b86.png

    image.png.a179972843f75f14cf05246545836e91.png

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    And on the practice side... better news. More "FPs" as a lot of vets have rested up...

    image.thumb.png.26d9914ef32911f03282ddf8fb035380.png

    image.thumb.png.e6817f859ec29ff1a99fd39fd1b784d5.png

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    deploy OBJ, Landry, Hooper, Hunt and strut into town with our elite Oline. 
     

    Ok Kitchens...don't forget about Hollywood Higgins...geesh...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @hish747 said:

    Ok Kitchens...don't forget about Hollywood Higgins...geesh...

    If you don’t wear Brown and Orange Sunday you don’t matter 

  • Updates... and it ain't good... Teller and Joseph OUT.

    image.png.ebc427bffa0ed1dd4732c0ca2df39b86.png

    image.png.a179972843f75f14cf05246545836e91.png

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Updates... and it ain't good... Teller and Joseph OUT.

    image.png.ebc427bffa0ed1dd4732c0ca2df39b86.png

    image.png.a179972843f75f14cf05246545836e91.png

    I really don't know what we're going to do on defense. The Steelers' offense is cooking right now and I think we'd have a tough time stopping them if healthy, but now we look like such a MASH unit that I don't see a plausible way of stopping them consistently. 

    The issue is time. The strength of our defense is our DL, but that's not going to matter much to Ben because he leads the league in quickest release (2.2 seconds) and virtually all of their passing attack stems from quick hitters and drag routes across the middle. Where is our defense most vulnerable? Yeah...right there. When you factor in all of the injuries, it really looks bad, mainly because Pittsburgh doesn't turn it over, and that's largely how our defense has made up for several shortcomings. 

    Offensively, it doesn't look much better. We're totally and utterly beat up, with Teller and Chubb both out (our best players minus Myles so far) and we're going up against one of the best rush defenses in the league. We saw last week that our powerful rushing attack was largely stymied by a stout defense, and while Hubbard provided solid pass protection, he was nowhere near as effective in the run game. (DeForest Buckner is also not fun to play against btw) 

    Perhaps most importantly, Baker Mayfield is injured, and it's likely worse than the he's letting on. I also think he hurt more than just his ribs and that his shoulder and/or wrist is hurt. Of all the effing games to be injured in, it's THIS one. The game where Mayfield is going to be hit the most. It's terrible luck and it's not going to surprise me if he doesn't make it all game. 

    The Steelers have some important injuries as well but not as dramatic as ours. I almost think it's worth resting Mayfield for this game so he can rest his injuries and get a solid two weeks of healing. Of course that would never happen because this game is just too important, but the car can be made to heal Baker up because I can promise you one thing....Baker will not be feeling ANY better on Monday morning. We risk losing him for more time, but whatever. It's hardly worth talking about because it won't happen. 

    My last point isn't fun to discuss, but it's something that is being pointed out week after week. Baker is missing too many easy reads and continues to avoid hitting the RB out of the backfield. I've seen multiple film reviews that all say and show the same thing. Baker is simply missing far too many EASY plays and it's got to stop. I'm not even talking about the high throws that he still does, I'm talking about missing wide open easy throws that are directly in his line of sight. Can he fix this? I don't know. It's rather mind-melting that it happens at all. He's not finding the passing lanes, he's not climbing the pocket, and he's not hitting check downs. 

    And yet we're winning and he's still playing pretty well despite the shortcomings. I'm very proud of Baker and I definitely AM seeing some progress, but he really needs to find some way to increase his percentage of making simple completions when they present themselves. OBJ is beginning to get a bit frustrated, and I don't blame him. Baker missed him a ton the last two weeks and it's hard to watch at times. The good news is that it's Baker's first year in the system and he's still playing WINNING football. He's got the tools to be better, but I don't think we should be too harsh on him this weekend if he doesn't play well. This game is not shaping up to be great for us, but you never know....any given Sunday!

    I'm 4-1 calling games this year, and unfortunately I'm predicting Steelers 36 and Browns 19.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Updates... and it ain't good... Teller and Joseph OUT.

    image.png.ebc427bffa0ed1dd4732c0ca2df39b86.png

    image.png.a179972843f75f14cf05246545836e91.png

    I really don't know what we're going to do on defense. The Steelers' offense is cooking right now and I think we'd have a tough time stopping them if healthy, but now we look like such a MASH unit that I don't see a plausible way of stopping them consistently. 

    The issue is time. The strength of our defense is our DL, but that's not going to matter much to Ben because he leads the league in quickest release (2.2 seconds) and virtually all of their passing attack stems from quick hitters and drag routes across the middle. Where is our defense most vulnerable? Yeah...right there. When you factor in all of the injuries, it really looks bad, mainly because Pittsburgh doesn't turn it over, and that's largely how our defense has made up for several shortcomings. 

    Offensively, it doesn't look much better. We're totally and utterly beat up, with Teller and Chubb both out (our best players minus Myles so far) and we're going up against one of the best rush defenses in the league. We saw last week that our powerful rushing attack was largely stymied by a stout defense, and while Hubbard provided solid pass protection, he was nowhere near as effective in the run game. (DeForest Buckner is also not fun to play against btw) 

    Perhaps most importantly, Baker Mayfield is injured, and it's likely worse than the he's letting on. I also think he hurt more than just his ribs and that his shoulder and/or wrist is hurt. Of all the effing games to be injured in, it's THIS one. The game where Mayfield is going to be hit the most. It's terrible luck and it's not going to surprise me if he doesn't make it all game. 

    The Steelers have some important injuries as well but not as dramatic as ours. I almost think it's worth resting Mayfield for this game so he can rest his injuries and get a solid two weeks of healing. Of course that would never happen because this game is just too important, but the car can be made to heal Baker up because I can promise you one thing....Baker will not be feeling ANY better on Monday morning. We risk losing him for more time, but whatever. It's hardly worth talking about because it won't happen. 

    My last point isn't fun to discuss, but it's something that is being pointed out week after week. Baker is missing too many easy reads and continues to avoid hitting the RB out of the backfield. I've seen multiple film reviews that all say and show the same thing. Baker is simply missing far too many EASY plays and it's got to stop. I'm not even talking about the high throws that he still does, I'm talking about missing wide open easy throws that are directly in his line of sight. Can he fix this? I don't know. It's rather mind-melting that it happens at all. He's not finding the passing lanes, he's not climbing the pocket, and he's not hitting check downs. 

    And yet we're winning and he's still playing pretty well despite the shortcomings. I'm very proud of Baker and I definitely AM seeing some progress, but he really needs to find some way to increase his percentage of making simple completions when they present themselves. OBJ is beginning to get a bit frustrated, and I don't blame him. Baker missed him a ton the last two weeks and it's hard to watch at times. The good news is that it's Baker's first year in the system and he's still playing WINNING football. He's got the tools to be better, but I don't think we should be too harsh on him this weekend if he doesn't play well. This game is not shaping up to be great for us, but you never know....any given Sunday!

    I'm 4-1 calling games this year, and unfortunately I'm predicting Steelers 36 and Browns 19.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm 4-1 calling games this year, and unfortunately I'm predicting Steelers 36 and Browns 19.

    Great post! But you have the score wrong. lol I'm calling Browns 51-31. lol

    dammit.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Can we get Jiggins to change his name to "Panic Pete?" ?  we are now allowing weed smoking on the outside patio Tavern😉  ? We can't tell Tour2ma ?

    It's Not easy finding a team weakness between these 2 teams.. The one that sets up well for us would be "Pittsburgh ranks dead last (32) in the NFL in 'open field tackling".. And they ain't played a team that blocks as well downfield as our RB/TE*/*WR* core... This is not the game to see Baker hold on to the ball longer than 3 seconds in pocket. Get the ball out, and let the playmakers go to work downfield on passing downs..Stef won't miss this, cause it's that clear on pitts. gametape.. This early, while mixing in the RB's playbook, should lead to taking some, single cover deep shots if called for.. Were the offense with the most Offensive weapons.. This game will take using every single one of them//

    Running the ball directional charts will show you don't run east & west against this team.. The ground & pound game goes north & south, between the 2 tackles in this one.The push has to happen at C & both G's.We can't see slow developing running plays & RB's can't set-up to deep in the backfield. Tape shows these are quick hitters,with not much wasted steps in hitting these holes.. We will certainly see what we fixed in pass pro, in the tackle position upgrades of Conklin & Wills ?..Both teams missing starting Guards feels like a true dead heat scratch till further review..

    Good to see is our front defensive 7 may be back & ready to go in this one.. But, No wonder we drafted a Safety with our 2nd pick..Drafting 3 more may have been a better idea😒... S Karl Joseph will be out again just like the Colts game. Ronnie Harrison played 37 snaps..RedWine saw his first 19 defensive snaps finishing up for Harrison, who will now also be out vs. Pittsburgh with a concussion.. So we Rock & Rollout Sendejo & Redwine at starting Safeties.. watching for a PS add most likely would be S Jovante Moffatt who was brought up last week to 53.. But they also have liked protecting PS player S **Elijah Benton..stay tuned..

    We can do this, and the 17 years of losing at Pittsburgh's jinx house could come off the books also.. This team was built to knock the losing jinx walls down.. It's their time to make their own history books..And we're all sure, as heck Enjoying this ride!! Win or Lose..  Go Browns!!