Skip to content

STEELER WEEK!

The Browns Board
358 36 9.1k 1
  • * WEEK 6 *   Ok the AFCN shakeout is on and all games are unfortunately at 1 pm.  🙁

    BAL -7.5 at PHI  -and-. CIN +8.5  at IND  on the undercard and then the main event,. Cleveland opened at +5.5 now +4.5 at Pittsburgh  after the INDY game results.

    For all of the lines from our friends at vegasinsider.com see. https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=892

    Screenshot_2020-10-12_092638.jpg

    @mjp28 said:

    * WEEK 6 *   Ok the AFCN shakeout is on and all games are unfortunately at 1 pm.  🙁

    BAL -7.5 at PHI  -and-. CIN +8.5  at IND  on the undercard and then the main event,. Cleveland opened at +5.5 now +4.5 at Pittsburgh  after the INDY game results.

    For all of the lines from our friends at vegasinsider.com see. https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=892

    Screenshot_2020-10-12_092638.jpg

    I don't get what's up with how they're assigning who gets what game anymore CBC\FOX.  By all rights both the Browns and Bengals should be CBS. But thankfully they're not. The Bengals\Colts are FOX, Browns\Steelers CBS. 506 sports week 6 isn't out yet, but I'll be surprised if the Browns game isn't the National broadcast one... Glad that's the case, as I dropped Sunday Ticket for this year. Wouldn't have been able to DVR the game at home. Fortunately, the group of guys I watch the game with has Sunday Ticket. (And I'll be able to hang out with them- my covid quarantine is over on Saturday. Apparently the person who tested positive wasn't contagious yet. Everyone else who who was at that dinner tested negative. 🙂 )  So a word of advice- be careful out there- even someone you know could be positive, and doesn't know it.  

    @the-gipper said:

    Greedy has not been around all year at all.   Teller, yes, is big in the run game.  But "day to day" on a Monday means he should be ready by the following Sunday.

    Greedy to IR yup...  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/cb-greedy-williams-heading-to-injured-reserve-could-return-this-season

    Nerve injury, the docs thought best to shut him down for a few weeks.... MHO is the league should make that 3 week return, and you can put an unlimited number of players eligible to return permanent.

    You're about the only one who is constantly giving Vag crap BTW. I enjoy his takes.   

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I think offensively we can run on them and the play-action passing would give them fits. We'd essentially play keep-away with the ball and then wait for Myles to make his usual game-changing play. ?

    Maybe you will but literally no one has successfully run on us the entire game. Melvin Gordon did alright but second half adjustments were made and they did nothing. Miles sanders had a big run courtesy of a hold on Terrell Edmunds that wasnt called. Good luck running on our front seven. The one factor is the health of TJ Watt. It's up in the air. 

    @vagitron said:

    Maybe you will but literally no one has successfully run on us the entire game. Melvin Gordon did alright but second half adjustments were made and they did nothing. Miles sanders had a big run courtesy of a hold on Terrell Edmunds that wasnt called. Good luck running on our front seven. The one factor is the health of TJ Watt. It's up in the air. 

    Well, let’s take a peek at the teams Pitt has faced so far and where their rushing offense ranks in the league:

    NY Giants ranked #32 (yep dead last)

    Denver ranked #29

    Houston ranked #30

    Philly ranked #18

    The Browns are #1 so we’re going to find out how good they are at stopping the run.

    https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

  • Here we go....

    image.thumb.png.664ab02e0b79fc203f2dded2b66d8de6.png

    image.thumb.png.cbe5374d2213bb4e5c31d4248ffcd780.png

    @tour2ma said:

    Here we go......

    Next man up.....ok where are the DBs, .....LBs.......hello ?    Fellas ?

  • MONDAY AFTERNOON LINES - Cleveland now +3.5 pretty much across the line.

    Money obviously going on the BROWNS !  The AFC  "Game of the Week"......yet again ?     😁

    GO BROWNS, just do it again......baby !

  • @vagitron said:

    Maybe you will but literally no one has successfully run on us the entire game.

    As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).

    @tour2ma said:

    As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).

    The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?  

    I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers. 

    I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Maybe you will but literally no one has successfully run on us the entire game. Melvin Gordon did alright but second half adjustments were made and they did nothing. Miles sanders had a big run courtesy of a hold on Terrell Edmunds that wasnt called. Good luck running on our front seven. The one factor is the health of TJ Watt. It's up in the air. 

    Well, let’s take a peek at the teams Pitt has faced so far and where their rushing offense ranks in the league:

    NY Giants ranked #32 (yep dead last)

    Denver ranked #29

    Houston ranked #30

    Philly ranked #18

    The Browns are #1 so we’re going to find out how good they are at stopping the run.

    https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

    @canton-dawg said:

    Well, let’s take a peek at the teams Pitt has faced so far and where their rushing offense ranks in the league:

    NY Giants ranked #32 (yep dead last)

    Denver ranked #29

    Houston ranked #30

    Philly ranked #18

    The Browns are #1 so we’re going to find out how good they are at stopping the run.

    https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

    You were one with nick chubb and hunt. Chubb is out. We held Barkley to near negative yardage before he blew out his knee. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).

    The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?  

    I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers. 

    I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well. 

    @vagitron said:

    The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?  

    I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers. 

    I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well. 

    I think that no one is saying that we match up well at all. Every reasonable Browns' fan knows that it will be very hard to win the Steelers as of today.

    But:

    1. This team has improved from last year in some key aspects (coaching, Oline, Baker) and if I remember correctly we won you one game last year. 
    2. Let's say the 1-4 Texans and the 1-3-1 Eagles are not bad teams. They rank 15th and 26th on rushing yards. Wentz has 9 INTs (most in the league). They are 28 and 30th on sacks allowed per game. 29-30 on turnover ratio. We can admit that they're not shining in thes season beginning. 
    3. I think Steelers offense is the key here, as you said, but I don't think after the injury and father time your offense is better than last seasons, in which, once again, we got to beat you last year and we tied in the 2018 opener by pure luck. 

    I expect a great game and if any fan of either Browns or Steelers looks down on the other team, as of today, is making a mistake. Having said that, I think we have the tools to win. 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Well, let’s take a peek at the teams Pitt has faced so far and where their rushing offense ranks in the league:

    NY Giants ranked #32 (yep dead last)

    Denver ranked #29

    Houston ranked #30

    Philly ranked #18

    The Browns are #1 so we’re going to find out how good they are at stopping the run.

    https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

    You were one with nick chubb and hunt. Chubb is out. We held Barkley to near negative yardage before he blew out his knee. 

    @vagitron said:

    You were one with nick chubb and hunt. Chubb is out. We held Barkley to near negative yardage before he blew out his knee. 

    NYG's Oline was ranked as dead last by Football Outsiders before Week 5, and I don't think it improved it's rating this weekend. 

    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/offensive-line/2020

  • @tour2ma said:

    As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).

    The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?  

    I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers. 

    I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well. 

    @vagitron said:

    You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great.

    FYI, “Old Phil” is 38 years old...you know the same age as “Old Ben”.

  • @kvoethe said:

    He is the worst ranked passer in the conference. 

    By what measure?

    In passer rating he's 3rd behind Big Ben and Lamar in the AFCN...

    ... unless you include Landry's 158.3 and OBJ's 118.8...

    ... which still leaves him ahead of Burrows.

    @tour2ma said:

    By what measure?

    In passer rating he's 3rd behind Big Ben and Lamar in the AFCN...

    ... unless you include Landry's 158.3 and OBJ's 118.8...

    ... which still leaves him ahead of Burrows.

    By conference,  I assume he means the entire AFC, not just the division.  Is he really claiming that  Baker is ranked  16th of all the QBs in the AFC? ...by whatever measure? 

  • Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics. 

  • Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    * WEEK 6 *   Ok the AFCN shakeout is on and all games are unfortunately at 1 pm.  🙁

    BAL -7.5 at PHI  -and-. CIN +8.5  at IND  on the undercard and then the main event,. Cleveland opened at +5.5 now +4.5 at Pittsburgh  after the INDY game results.

    For all of the lines from our friends at vegasinsider.com see. https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=892

    Screenshot_2020-10-12_092638.jpg

    I don't get what's up with how they're assigning who gets what game anymore CBC\FOX.  By all rights both the Browns and Bengals should be CBS. But thankfully they're not. The Bengals\Colts are FOX, Browns\Steelers CBS. 506 sports week 6 isn't out yet, but I'll be surprised if the Browns game isn't the National broadcast one... Glad that's the case, as I dropped Sunday Ticket for this year. Wouldn't have been able to DVR the game at home. Fortunately, the group of guys I watch the game with has Sunday Ticket. (And I'll be able to hang out with them- my covid quarantine is over on Saturday. Apparently the person who tested positive wasn't contagious yet. Everyone else who who was at that dinner tested negative. 🙂 )  So a word of advice- be careful out there- even someone you know could be positive, and doesn't know it.  

    @the-gipper said:

    Greedy has not been around all year at all.   Teller, yes, is big in the run game.  But "day to day" on a Monday means he should be ready by the following Sunday.

    Greedy to IR yup...  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/cb-greedy-williams-heading-to-injured-reserve-could-return-this-season

    Nerve injury, the docs thought best to shut him down for a few weeks.... MHO is the league should make that 3 week return, and you can put an unlimited number of players eligible to return permanent.

    You're about the only one who is constantly giving Vag crap BTW. I enjoy his takes.   

    @hoorta said:

    I don't get what's up with how they're assigning who gets what game anymore CBC\FOX.  By all rights both the Browns and Bengals should be CBS. But thankfully they're not. The Bengals\Colts are FOX, Browns\Steelers CBS. 506 sports week 6 isn't out yet, but I'll be surprised if the Browns game isn't the National broadcast one... Glad that's the case, as I dropped Sunday Ticket for this year. Wouldn't have been able to DVR the game at home. Fortunately, the group of guys I watch the game with has Sunday Ticket. (And I'll be able to hang out with them- my covid quarantine is over on Saturday. Apparently the person who tested positive wasn't contagious yet. Everyone else who who was at that dinner tested negative. 🙂 )  So a word of advice- be careful out there- even someone you know could be positive, and doesn't know it.  

    Greedy to IR yup...  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/cb-greedy-williams-heading-to-injured-reserve-could-return-this-season

    Nerve injury, the docs thought best to shut him down for a few weeks.... MHO is the league should make that 3 week return, and you can put an unlimited number of players eligible to return permanent.

    You're about the only one who is constantly giving Vag crap BTW. I enjoy his takes.   

    So? It is no longer politically correct round here to plant facials on Steeler fans?  

    What kind of snowflakes have we become that we catch bitch slap stupid Steeler fans?  Yes, I pull the wings off that little fly,  mostly time in an attempt to counter his absolute homerism.   Some of the  the time in jest, sometimes in earnest.  But, seriously....when did this become the place for the limp wristed? . 

  • @vagitron said:

    Maybe you will but literally no one has successfully run on us the entire game. Melvin Gordon did alright but second half adjustments were made and they did nothing. Miles sanders had a big run courtesy of a hold on Terrell Edmunds that wasnt called. Good luck running on our front seven. The one factor is the health of TJ Watt. It's up in the air. 

    Well, let’s take a peek at the teams Pitt has faced so far and where their rushing offense ranks in the league:

    NY Giants ranked #32 (yep dead last)

    Denver ranked #29

    Houston ranked #30

    Philly ranked #18

    The Browns are #1 so we’re going to find out how good they are at stopping the run.

    https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

    @canton-dawg said:

    Well, let’s take a peek at the teams Pitt has faced so far and where their rushing offense ranks in the league:

    NY Giants ranked #32 (yep dead last)

    Denver ranked #29

    Houston ranked #30

    Philly ranked #18

    The Browns are #1 so we’re going to find out how good they are at stopping the run.

    https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

    His counter arguement, not that I fully buy it necessarily , could be that those teams are so low rated because they had to pay their defense.  To a very small extent that is true.  But the Steeler's were only one of like 5 defenses those teams had to play....so they were bad against everyone, not just them. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).

    The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?  

    I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers. 

    I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well. 

    @vagitron said:

    The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?  

    I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers. 

    I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well. 

    Is anyone else going to counter this purile  BS....or is it left up to me.  You all have at it. 

  • @vagitron said:

    This message board is also totally fucked if you are on your phone. I don't know who needs to know that these days but it's borderline unusable. 

    Yep, it certainly is.

    In regards to the game, my main concern is the Steelers speed on offense vs our secondary. I also worry about the officiating- funny things happen in Steeler home games. 

    Also, Baker has to be the guy we saw in the 1st half yesterday. I do think it will be tough to run on the Steelers, but they'll continue to try.

    Question.....did James Connor ever find a better barber? ?

  • Garrett is gonna feast...3 oline hurt against philly..pouncey left at end of game...

  • Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics. 

    @vagitron said:

    Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics. 

    Ben is not better than Rivers.  They are very close.   Ben HAS had better coaching than Rivers, better surrounding players than Rivers for the most part, much, much better defenses to play with than Rivers over the years. . Rivers stats are better.  And, I don't know about him not losing his game.  The jury is still out there.  He has become a dinker/dunker for the most part.  So far his yards per attempt and yards per catch are at the lowest of his career, except for his injury year last year....and his ypc is helped tremendously by a lot of YAC....even then, he still has the lowest numbers in his career in those areas....but his completion pct. is at its best...courtesy of the 3-5 yard passes.   

    But, hey, if that is what he can do, and it works.....as it seems to be doing, then by all means go with the flow. 

    And, by the way, it is likely good strategy vs. the Browns.  Our LBs who would have a lot of the responsibility for covering those dinks and dunks and not letting them good much YAC...are really kind of bad at that. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).

    The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?  

    I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers. 

    I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well. 

    @vagitron said:

    You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?  

    I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers. 

    I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well. 

    There was a damn good reason we got routed by the Ravens. Call it essentially no team practices and no preseason in a new system. The schedule makers did the Browns no favors playing the Division champs on the road for the opener. OTOH, Ravens were able to hit the ground running. Baker in his 4th? offensive system. The bold is straight homerism.... BTW, PFF currently has Bush with a sub 60 rating, that means sort of sucky.... 

    @the-gipper said:

    Is anyone else going to counter this purile  BS....or is it left up to me.  You all have at it. 

    Done.... 

  • Ben leading the league in time to get rid of the ball.  He's not taking the hits and throwin quick.  I hope we gameplan accordingly