Baker Mayfield
-
Good performance from Baker, but I would take it with a grain of salt. He wasn't under pressure all day. And even right at the end when Cincy brought pressure I thought he was going to shit the bed.
Good performance from Baker, but I would take it with a grain of salt. He wasn't under pressure all day. And even right at the end when Cincy brought pressure I thought he was going to shit the bed.
I'll just tell it like it is.. he carried the team on his shoulders today... He was BIG TIME!
-
Good performance from Baker, but I would take it with a grain of salt. He wasn't under pressure all day. And even right at the end when Cincy brought pressure I thought he was going to shit the bed.
Good performance from Baker, but I would take it with a grain of salt. He wasn't under pressure all day. And even right at the end when Cincy brought pressure I thought he was going to shit the bed.
The Bengals are the equivalent to Baker getting the University of Kansas on the schedule at just the perfect time.
But the thing is, the schedule is the schedule. He played great today vs who was on the schedule.
He needs to be given the rest of the season, and then the coaching staff can really evaluate what they have in him.
-
Welp, if you can't pressure Baker Mayfield and you can't cover at the intermediate level, Baker proved that he can still torch you. I mean, he got red hot. I even made a comment on the chat like, "Wow, Baker can't complete a single pass and he's 0-5 with a pick." After that comment, he decided to go full scrotum on people. Unbelievable performance, and hopefully people like Mary Kay will eat a bag of dicks and leave him alone.
He had a helluva game, especially after a shaky start.
Today's game kind of reminded me of the 2007 shootout between Derek Anderson and Carson Palmer
Today's game kind of reminded me of the 2007 shootout between Derek Anderson and Carson Palmer
Yessssssss! Do you also remember the Kelly Holcomb shootout against the Bengals?
-
Today's game kind of reminded me of the 2007 shootout between Derek Anderson and Carson Palmer
Yessssssss! Do you also remember the Kelly Holcomb shootout against the Bengals?
Yessssssss! Do you also remember the Kelly Holcomb shootout against the Bengals?
Honestly, I don't. My memories of Holcomb seem to be pretty much that great playoff game he had vs the Steelers and Butch Davis telling the media that Holcomb had a "teensy weensy broken leg".
-
Bungles have the 4th worst passD. Browns have the second worst pass D in the league.
Calling Sendejo a "professional athlete" is pushing it. I'm sure Bungles have a couple of those too.
Is Dunlap available for the cost of a 3-hour Lyft ride north?
OTOH: Perhaps Mayfield in the shotgun is worth continuing.. The square peg goes in the square hole..
-
Bungles have the 4th worst passD. Browns have the second worst pass D in the league.
Calling Sendejo a "professional athlete" is pushing it. I'm sure Bungles have a couple of those too.
Is Dunlap available for the cost of a 3-hour Lyft ride north?
OTOH: Perhaps Mayfield in the shotgun is worth continuing.. The square peg goes in the square hole..
Bungles have the 4th worst passD. Browns have the second worst pass D in the league.
Calling Sendejo a "professional athlete" is pushing it. I'm sure Bungles have a couple of those too.
Is Dunlap available for the cost of a 3-hour Lyft ride north?
I call him "Pendejo" It fits...
-
I was curious to how Baker has fared vs Cincinnati in his career.
vs. Cincinnati: 4-1 Record, 91 com/142 att, 64.1 comp%, 1310 yds, 9.2 yds/att, 15 td, 6 int
vs. Everyone Else: 13-18 Record, 661 com/1076 att, 61.4 comp%, 7643 yds, 7.1 yds/att, 49 td, 36 int
-
Just read that Baker’s 21 consecutive completions is a franchise record. Previous record was 16 co owned by Kosar and Holcomb.
-
Zombo said:
Congratulations on getting the last bitch post of this epic bitchfest in before our Quarterback threw 5 TDs in three quarters and shut everyone the fuck up.
Fuck Joe Burrow, he has won one NFL game, we are 5-2 with Baker and he played the last part of the Colts game and the whole Steeler game with injuries that would have sat most QBs.
Go tear up the Raiders, Baker, then the women around here won't know what to do with themselves over the bye week.
Zombo
Gping to have to beat a defense a little more worthy than the Raiders to quell reasonable concern.
-
Zombo said:
Congratulations on getting the last bitch post of this epic bitchfest in before our Quarterback threw 5 TDs in three quarters and shut everyone the fuck up.
Fuck Joe Burrow, he has won one NFL game, we are 5-2 with Baker and he played the last part of the Colts game and the whole Steeler game with injuries that would have sat most QBs.
Go tear up the Raiders, Baker, then the women around here won't know what to do with themselves over the bye week.
Zombo
Thanks, I guess?
If you read my earlier posts in this thread, I've made it pretty clear that I like Baker Mayfield as a person, and I want him to succeed for this team.
But, the critics do have a point: he plays well enough against middle of the road teams and crap teams, but he's horrible playing against good teams. He's also prone to make stupid throwing decisions at a concerning rate.
Am I glad he balled out on Sunday? Absolutely; a win is a win. But if we're going to make a deep run in the playoffs, we'll have to go through some great teams to do that, and I'm concerned about Baker's decision making in those types of games.
-
Zombo said:
Congratulations on getting the last bitch post of this epic bitchfest in before our Quarterback threw 5 TDs in three quarters and shut everyone the fuck up.
Fuck Joe Burrow, he has won one NFL game, we are 5-2 with Baker and he played the last part of the Colts game and the whole Steeler game with injuries that would have sat most QBs.
Go tear up the Raiders, Baker, then the women around here won't know what to do with themselves over the bye week.
Zombo
Thanks, I guess?
If you read my earlier posts in this thread, I've made it pretty clear that I like Baker Mayfield as a person, and I want him to succeed for this team.
But, the critics do have a point: he plays well enough against middle of the road teams and crap teams, but he's horrible playing against good teams. He's also prone to make stupid throwing decisions at a concerning rate.
Am I glad he balled out on Sunday? Absolutely; a win is a win. But if we're going to make a deep run in the playoffs, we'll have to go through some great teams to do that, and I'm concerned about Baker's decision making in those types of games.
Thanks, I guess?
If you read my earlier posts in this thread, I've made it pretty clear that I like Baker Mayfield as a person, and I want him to succeed for this team.
But, the critics do have a point: he plays well enough against middle of the road teams and crap teams, but he's horrible playing against good teams. He's also prone to make stupid throwing decisions at a concerning rate.
Am I glad he balled out on Sunday? Absolutely; a win is a win. But if we're going to make a deep run in the playoffs, we'll have to go through some great teams to do that, and I'm concerned about Baker's decision making in those types of games.
Well if he played poorly against those good things it’s because they are good things. And it’s probably because our defense is giving up nearly 40 points a game to those teams. Whine if you will about Baker but it was our defense it is the problem
-
Zombo said:
Congratulations on getting the last bitch post of this epic bitchfest in before our Quarterback threw 5 TDs in three quarters and shut everyone the fuck up.
Fuck Joe Burrow, he has won one NFL game, we are 5-2 with Baker and he played the last part of the Colts game and the whole Steeler game with injuries that would have sat most QBs.
Go tear up the Raiders, Baker, then the women around here won't know what to do with themselves over the bye week.
Zombo
Gping to have to beat a defense a little more worthy than the Raiders to quell reasonable concern.
Gping to have to beat a defense a little more worthy than the Raiders to quell reasonable concern.
If the Browns beat the bums on their schedule they could End up with 8 wins easily. Then they have to meet a few teams that are on par with them like the Raiders and probably the Colts. With victories against them they could end up 10 and six. And I still think they have a chance to beat a couple of the top notch teams. Remember both the Steelers and the ravens now have to come to Cleveland later this year.
-
Zombo said:
Congratulations on getting the last bitch post of this epic bitchfest in before our Quarterback threw 5 TDs in three quarters and shut everyone the fuck up.
Fuck Joe Burrow, he has won one NFL game, we are 5-2 with Baker and he played the last part of the Colts game and the whole Steeler game with injuries that would have sat most QBs.
Go tear up the Raiders, Baker, then the women around here won't know what to do with themselves over the bye week.
Zombo
Thanks, I guess?
If you read my earlier posts in this thread, I've made it pretty clear that I like Baker Mayfield as a person, and I want him to succeed for this team.
But, the critics do have a point: he plays well enough against middle of the road teams and crap teams, but he's horrible playing against good teams. He's also prone to make stupid throwing decisions at a concerning rate.
Am I glad he balled out on Sunday? Absolutely; a win is a win. But if we're going to make a deep run in the playoffs, we'll have to go through some great teams to do that, and I'm concerned about Baker's decision making in those types of games.
Thanks, I guess?
If you read my earlier posts in this thread, I've made it pretty clear that I like Baker Mayfield as a person, and I want him to succeed for this team.
But, the critics do have a point: he plays well enough against middle of the road teams and crap teams, but he's horrible playing against good teams. He's also prone to make stupid throwing decisions at a concerning rate.
Am I glad he balled out on Sunday? Absolutely; a win is a win. But if we're going to make a deep run in the playoffs, we'll have to go through some great teams to do that, and I'm concerned about Baker's decision making in those types of games.
This is pretty impressive for a guy who supposedly sucks..."Here is a little of Bakers stats, 37 games, 64 TDs 42 int 8900 yards not bad for 3 years" -
Baker shut my ass up. I fell to the floor when he threw that ball to DPJ. Bake needs to keep up the consistency, that’s his issue right now. We need him to be like that every game!
-
Zombo said:
Congratulations on getting the last bitch post of this epic bitchfest in before our Quarterback threw 5 TDs in three quarters and shut everyone the fuck up.
Fuck Joe Burrow, he has won one NFL game, we are 5-2 with Baker and he played the last part of the Colts game and the whole Steeler game with injuries that would have sat most QBs.
Go tear up the Raiders, Baker, then the women around here won't know what to do with themselves over the bye week.
Zombo
Well said, Z
As far as people who were saying what I thought about Baker. I still think he's our guy.
For those that haven't had rib injuries (I broke mine boxing last May) they hurt like an absolute bitch. It hurts to breathe....
What I don't get is how people are willing to bail on him after a few mediocre games. As long as we're winning, that's what I care about.
When Aaron Rodgers or Big Ben have bad games (even when they're healthy), everyone moves on. Let Baker play.
And lastly, it's important for Baker to play his game and find the open receivers. OBJ might've made him force the ball to him in the past. Now he's back to playing his game, and finding TE's and Higgins like he did in the past. I predict the Browns only getting better, but Gruden and the Raiders are no joke.
-
Baker will likely light up the Raiders Sunday. Unfortunately for him and the offense, the Raiders will also light US up. I think it's going to be a very difficult game to win because they don't turn it over (Carr has 2 picks somehow). Our defense has been atrocious but they've come through with turnovers. If they can find a way to get a couple, we can win. Without them, it's a tall order. You can't expect your offense to score in the 30's every victory. Sometimes the defense has to step up.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login



