Skip to content

Baker Mayfield

The Browns Board
630 59 21.5k 1
  • Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak
    #Browns OC Alex Van Pelt said he'd rather have 5-yard completion than 20-yard throw with chance for INT. Continues to stress to Baker Mayfield importance of protecting ball, which has shown up in 123 straight passes without INT.
  • 123 attempts without a pick? Wow, I would not have said that. Impressive to say the least. 

  • 123 attempts without a pick? Wow, I would not have said that. Impressive to say the least. 

    @d-bone said:

    123 attempts without a pick? Wow, I would not have said that. Impressive to say the least. 

    Yeah, it really is amazing. Especially when you consider that he's not just taking care of the ball and getting lucky, but he's really making correct reads and understanding the game. One of the PFF guys said the other day that Baker didn't have a single missed read in multiple games this season. That's impressive. And I know PFF is kind of debatable, but the overall point is that Baker is seeing the field, making the correct decision, and generally making the play...ESPECIALLY on 3rd and 4th down. 

    Something else that Baker needs credit for is his ability to really sell the play-action game. Is there a better QB at selling fakes? There was a play against the Jags where the DE chased Baker, didn't see the ball on Baker's front hip, and then turned around to chase Chubb who didn't have the rock. Baker is really thriving in the offense and working on the nuances of the system. 

    If we were healthier I'd predict us to win. If OBJ is out there with Denzel Ward and Ronnie Harrison...I'm confident in our ability to give the Titans all they want. But as we all know, that's not the case. We're BEYOND banged up, and our defense wasn't great even WHEN healthy. 

    If we have a chance to win its because of Baker's Mayfield. Wouldn't surprise me if he throws for 350 yards and 3 tds. And we still lose by 2 scores. I really do think we're on trouble this week, but I guess we'll see. 

  • unleash that dog on sunday 

  • Below is the stat I was talking about. 

    Screenshot_20201204-163503_Twitter.jpg

  • @d-bone said:

    123 attempts without a pick? Wow, I would not have said that. Impressive to say the least. 

    Yeah, it really is amazing. Especially when you consider that he's not just taking care of the ball and getting lucky, but he's really making correct reads and understanding the game. One of the PFF guys said the other day that Baker didn't have a single missed read in multiple games this season. That's impressive. And I know PFF is kind of debatable, but the overall point is that Baker is seeing the field, making the correct decision, and generally making the play...ESPECIALLY on 3rd and 4th down. 

    Something else that Baker needs credit for is his ability to really sell the play-action game. Is there a better QB at selling fakes? There was a play against the Jags where the DE chased Baker, didn't see the ball on Baker's front hip, and then turned around to chase Chubb who didn't have the rock. Baker is really thriving in the offense and working on the nuances of the system. 

    If we were healthier I'd predict us to win. If OBJ is out there with Denzel Ward and Ronnie Harrison...I'm confident in our ability to give the Titans all they want. But as we all know, that's not the case. We're BEYOND banged up, and our defense wasn't great even WHEN healthy. 

    If we have a chance to win its because of Baker's Mayfield. Wouldn't surprise me if he throws for 350 yards and 3 tds. And we still lose by 2 scores. I really do think we're on trouble this week, but I guess we'll see. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Something else that Baker needs credit for is his ability to really sell the play-action game. Is there a better QB at selling fakes? There was a play against the Jags where the DE chased Baker, didn't see the ball on Baker's front hip, and then turned around to chase Chubb who didn't have the rock. Baker is really thriving in the offense and working on the nuances of the system.

    We're about to play the other one in this league who's great at selling the run in PA. Tannehill is a pro at that as well, often with a planned run for 1st downs because of his WR speed.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Something else that Baker needs credit for is his ability to really sell the play-action game. Is there a better QB at selling fakes? There was a play against the Jags where the DE chased Baker, didn't see the ball on Baker's front hip, and then turned around to chase Chubb who didn't have the rock. Baker is really thriving in the offense and working on the nuances of the system.

    We're about to play the other one in this league who's great at selling the run in PA. Tannehill is a pro at that as well, often with a planned run for 1st downs because of his WR speed.

    @texasag1969 said:

    We're about to play the other one in this league who's great at selling the run in PA. Tannehill is a pro at that as well, often with a planned run for 1st downs because of his WR speed.

    LOL, I know. It's like I said in another post....we're basically the Diet Titans. ?

  • There are numerous QBs that excel at Play Action... Russell Wilson, Brees, Brady, Mahommes, Cousins... even Hoyer. Brian Sipe was one of the best to play for us. It's not a difficult skill... just takes reps with attention to detail.

    And just as important to their PAP success is what they do on run plays after they actually hand the ball off. When they carry out fakes on run plays they start setting up the opponents Edge for chasing Play Action. Baker has done more and more of this as the season has progressed.

    The hard part of of Play Action is picking up targets because almost all of it involves the QB turning his back to the D. It is less true of boots and roll-outs since the field is halved and there's little or no traffic in the QB's face. It is especially true in the confines of the pocket after faking a dive or off-tackle run. Bake is still developing here.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    We're about to play the other one in this league who's great at selling the run in PA. Tannehill is a pro at that as well, often with a planned run for 1st downs because of his WR speed.

    LOL, I know. It's like I said in another post....we're basically the Diet Titans. ?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    LOL, I know. It's like I said in another post....we're basically the Diet Titans. ?

    Well mini-Titans anyway. ?

    Baker 6'1" (maybe)       Tannehill   6'4" 

    Nick Chubb 5'11"          Derrick Henry  6'3"

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    LOL, I know. It's like I said in another post....we're basically the Diet Titans. ?

    Well mini-Titans anyway. ?

    Baker 6'1" (maybe)       Tannehill   6'4" 

    Nick Chubb 5'11"          Derrick Henry  6'3"

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well mini-Tits anyway. ?

    So if they're a 34 DD, that makes us what, a 34 C? 

    I'll take either by the way...

    ... or both. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well mini-Tits anyway. ?

    So if they're a 34 DD, that makes us what, a 34 C? 

    I'll take either by the way...

    ... or both. 

    @d-bone said:

    So if they're a 34 DD, that makes us what, a 34 C? 

    I'll take either by the way...

    ... or both. 

    I'll take all four. 

  • @d-bone said:

    So if they're a 34 DD, that makes us what, a 34 C? 

    I'll take either by the way...

    ... or both. 

    I'll take all four. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll take all four. 

    Should I drag out more photos of Sarah Spain's boobs? 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'll take all four. 

    Should I drag out more photos of Sarah Spain's boobs? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Should I drag out more photos of Sarah Spain's boobs? 

    For some reason, she was not very popular on here. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Should I drag out more photos of Sarah Spain's boobs? 

    For some reason, she was not very popular on here. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    For some reason, she was not very popular on here. 

    That seals it then:

    NP1HwWxZp0mwNvVzI5U3bko9nrpG-uJWJFMlZdty

  • The 2018 Baker was our QB today. Simply lights out, elite level ball... minus that one snap. 

  • The thing about Baker that impressed me today was he threw with touch when it was called for.

    Best example was his TD pass to Higgins.... easy enough to arch over the trailing DB, but firm enough to get to Higgins comfortably before he reached the endline.

  • Sarah Spain | Stupid shirts, Sarah, Women

  • The thing about Baker that impressed me today was he threw with touch when it was called for.

    Best example was his TD pass to Higgins.... easy enough to arch over the trailing DB, but firm enough to get to Higgins comfortably before he reached the endline.

    @tour2ma said:

    The thing about Baker that impressed me today was he threw with touch when it was called for.

    Best example was his TD pass to Higgins.... easy enough to arch over the trailing DB, but firm enough to get to Higgins comfortably before he reached the endline.

    Great point, Tour. Additionally, how about the pass to Lamm? Yes, he was wide effing open, but watch that play again. Baker calmly looks left at the RB which caused the linebacker to shoot over there, and that leaves Lamm wide open. Baker tosses a pillow that is easily caught. Little things that add up. 

  • Idiot.jpg