DPJ
-
So JoJo Natson is just under 5'7" and ran a 4.46, both according to his pro day.
DPJ is 6'2" and ran a 4.48 (combine numbers).
He's never really going to look as fast or as "sudden" as the small guys.
Cribbs was 6'1" and was faster than he looked. He also had the size (a few pounds on DPJ) so that when he got up to speed he could break arm tackles. I'm not saying DPJ is Cribbs I'm just giving a comparison.
My money is that DPJ isn't physically slow, he's just processing slowly / overthinking. Remember, no preseason. Less training camp. Etc. He basically just finished a preseason's worth of returns.
Physically he's there he just has to learn how to turn that into results (trusting blocking, etc) on an NFL field. (We could block better too)
-
So JoJo Natson is just under 5'7" and ran a 4.46, both according to his pro day.
DPJ is 6'2" and ran a 4.48 (combine numbers).
He's never really going to look as fast or as "sudden" as the small guys.
Cribbs was 6'1" and was faster than he looked. He also had the size (a few pounds on DPJ) so that when he got up to speed he could break arm tackles. I'm not saying DPJ is Cribbs I'm just giving a comparison.
My money is that DPJ isn't physically slow, he's just processing slowly / overthinking. Remember, no preseason. Less training camp. Etc. He basically just finished a preseason's worth of returns.
Physically he's there he just has to learn how to turn that into results (trusting blocking, etc) on an NFL field. (We could block better too)
So JoJo Natson is just under 5'7" and ran a 4.46, both according to his pro day.
DPJ is 6'2" and ran a 4.48 (combine numbers).
He's never really going to look as fast or as "sudden" as the small guys.
Cribbs was 6'1" and was faster than he looked. He also had the size (a few pounds on DPJ) so that when he got up to speed he could break arm tackles. I'm not saying DPJ is Cribbs I'm just giving a comparison.
My money is that DPJ isn't physically slow, he's just processing slowly / overthinking. Remember, no preseason. Less training camp. Etc. He basically just finished a preseason's worth of returns.
Physically he's there he just has to learn how to turn that into results (trusting blocking, etc) on an NFL field. (We could block better too)
Right. I actually liked the pick, really not a gamble at all on the Browns part.
He's going to get a chance for more time on the field it appears, as OBJ's injury might be serious.
-
For a 189th pick Peeps has already contributed according to his draft status.
-
So JoJo Natson is just under 5'7" and ran a 4.46, both according to his pro day.
DPJ is 6'2" and ran a 4.48 (combine numbers).
He's never really going to look as fast or as "sudden" as the small guys.
Cribbs was 6'1" and was faster than he looked. He also had the size (a few pounds on DPJ) so that when he got up to speed he could break arm tackles. I'm not saying DPJ is Cribbs I'm just giving a comparison.
My money is that DPJ isn't physically slow, he's just processing slowly / overthinking. Remember, no preseason. Less training camp. Etc. He basically just finished a preseason's worth of returns.
Physically he's there he just has to learn how to turn that into results (trusting blocking, etc) on an NFL field. (We could block better too)
So JoJo Natson is just under 5'7" and ran a 4.46, both according to his pro day.
DPJ is 6'2" and ran a 4.48 (combine numbers).
He's never really going to look as fast or as "sudden" as the small guys.
Cribbs was 6'1" and was faster than he looked. He also had the size (a few pounds on DPJ) so that when he got up to speed he could break arm tackles. I'm not saying DPJ is Cribbs I'm just giving a comparison.
My money is that DPJ isn't physically slow, he's just processing slowly / overthinking. Remember, no preseason. Less training camp. Etc. He basically just finished a preseason's worth of returns.
Physically he's there he just has to learn how to turn that into results (trusting blocking, etc) on an NFL field. (We could block better too)
Woody, I don't care where he went to college. Great game winning catch...
-
So JoJo Natson is just under 5'7" and ran a 4.46, both according to his pro day.
DPJ is 6'2" and ran a 4.48 (combine numbers).
He's never really going to look as fast or as "sudden" as the small guys.
Cribbs was 6'1" and was faster than he looked. He also had the size (a few pounds on DPJ) so that when he got up to speed he could break arm tackles. I'm not saying DPJ is Cribbs I'm just giving a comparison.
My money is that DPJ isn't physically slow, he's just processing slowly / overthinking. Remember, no preseason. Less training camp. Etc. He basically just finished a preseason's worth of returns.
Physically he's there he just has to learn how to turn that into results (trusting blocking, etc) on an NFL field. (We could block better too)
Woody, I don't care where he went to college. Great game winning catch...
-
So JoJo Natson is just under 5'7" and ran a 4.46, both according to his pro day.
DPJ is 6'2" and ran a 4.48 (combine numbers).
He's never really going to look as fast or as "sudden" as the small guys.
Cribbs was 6'1" and was faster than he looked. He also had the size (a few pounds on DPJ) so that when he got up to speed he could break arm tackles. I'm not saying DPJ is Cribbs I'm just giving a comparison.
My money is that DPJ isn't physically slow, he's just processing slowly / overthinking. Remember, no preseason. Less training camp. Etc. He basically just finished a preseason's worth of returns.
Physically he's there he just has to learn how to turn that into results (trusting blocking, etc) on an NFL field. (We could block better too)
So JoJo Natson is just under 5'7" and ran a 4.46, both according to his pro day.
DPJ is 6'2" and ran a 4.48 (combine numbers).
He's never really going to look as fast or as "sudden" as the small guys.
Cribbs was 6'1" and was faster than he looked. He also had the size (a few pounds on DPJ) so that when he got up to speed he could break arm tackles. I'm not saying DPJ is Cribbs I'm just giving a comparison.
My money is that DPJ isn't physically slow, he's just processing slowly / overthinking. Remember, no preseason. Less training camp. Etc. He basically just finished a preseason's worth of returns.
Physically he's there he just has to learn how to turn that into results (trusting blocking, etc) on an NFL field. (We could block better too)
He made some key catches down the stretch, so that's great.
But seriously, he is not good at returning kicks. Whether he's physically slow or mentally slow it literally looks like he's carrying a piano when he returns kickoffs. Like if the entire kick coverage team spontaneously died as DJP caught the kickoff, he MIGHT be able to run it back for a touchdown. ?
But he went to TSUN, so I get it, you are all tingly in your nether region tonight. Let's let Woody enjoy it. ?
-
jus cuz the video wasn't in here yet
-
Yup... it's called being a "developmental player"... pretty common with Day 3 draft picks. Which starter was he going displace?
Now he has the opportunity... good start on making something of it today, but more to be done.
We were talking about Higgins, not DJP.
How he went from being important to Baker during his #6's rookie season, but then finding himself buried on the bench the next season and most of this one.
We were talking about Higgins, not DJP.
How he went from being important to Baker during his #6's rookie season, but then finding himself buried on the bench the next season and most of this one.
OK....
That's it...
Pronouns are now banned...
-
jus cuz the video wasn't in here yet
Anybody else think right after the catch..... 11 seconds is to much time for the Bengals against our defense.... hahaha
-
Zombo said:
We have two guys on the practice squad, JaMarcus Bradley, 6', 198, rookie LA Lafayette, and Ryan Switzer, 5'9, 183, 4th year out of UNC.
Anybody know anything about this guys?
There is no picture of Ryan Switzer on the Browns roster, but without googling, I feel pretty safe saying "gritty" white possession receiver.
Zombo
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-wr-ryan-switzer-to-practice-squad
Switzer is a bit of a journeyman type guy. Been with Dallas, Raiders and Steelers before. 50 career receptions and a fair shake of kick and punt returns.
-
Zombo said:
We have two guys on the practice squad, JaMarcus Bradley, 6', 198, rookie LA Lafayette, and Ryan Switzer, 5'9, 183, 4th year out of UNC.
Anybody know anything about this guys?
There is no picture of Ryan Switzer on the Browns roster, but without googling, I feel pretty safe saying "gritty" white possession receiver.
Zombo
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-wr-ryan-switzer-to-practice-squad
Switzer is a bit of a journeyman type guy. Been with Dallas, Raiders and Steelers before. 50 career receptions and a fair shake of kick and punt returns.
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-wr-ryan-switzer-to-practice-squad
Switzer is a bit of a journeyman type guy. Been with Dallas, Raiders and Steelers before. 50 career receptions and a fair shake of kick and punt returns.
Always cast in that Welker/Edelman/ role, but doesn't quite have "the stuff", i.e., quicks and strength combo, to get to that level. But the rosters he has been crowded off of tend to have pretty deep WR rooms... deeper than ours anyway.
Zombo said:
Tawan Taylor becomes #4.
We have two guys on the practice squad, JaMarcus Bradley, 6', 198, rookie LA Lafayette, and Ryan Switzer, 5'9, 183, 4th year out of UNC.
Anybody know anything about this guys?
Taywan Taylor is the fools' gold I see in ours. Guy has been forever viewed as having the promise of bringing that Tyrek Hill kind of impact to a roster... and has failed to deliver at a Switzer level.
Bradley? Decent size (6' 0-3/8", 198#) and speed (4.5-ish) with big hands (10-3/8") and disproportionately long arms (77-1/4" wingspan). Doesn't look especially quick or strong... major competition level questions...
-
-
I've seen the name Adam Thielen, WR from the Vikings a few times in connection with the Browns.
-
I've seen the name Adam Thielen, WR from the Vikings a few times in connection with the Browns.
I've seen the name Adam Thielen, WR from the Vikings a few times in connection with the Browns.
I like him a lot, mostly because I think he can give us a bigger frame in the WR corps, but I think he will and actually can ask for big money.
Trading OBJ away and getting Thielen? We would still keep a mighty WR group with a more friendly cap approach, but I even would be OK with Landry, Higgins and other reliables WR2/WR3 (Hodges and DPJ aren't there yet, for me) to use the cap somewhere else; I've heard our D has some glaring holes.
Idk how are the Vikes doing with cap, but Justin Jefferson is doing well so they might think about getting some relief because they're tied to the not-so-great-but-man-does-he-have-a-contract Cousins.
On the other side, I don't know if I would consider going from Cousins to Mayfield...
-
I was just looking at the predraft rankings and was wondering where DPJ was located, well.......
WR89 D. Peoples-Jones CLE bye 9. So he was the WR #89, hmmmmm. With the season about half done it's interesting to take a look back to FL Draft Day.
Oh and other notables: WR (Wide Receiver) # Name Bye. The hits and misses.....and IRs.
WR1 D. Adams GB 5
WR2 D. Hopkins ARI 8
WR3 C. Ridley ATL 10
WR4 T. Hill KC 10
WR5 Q ... J. Jones ATL 10
WR6 D. Metcalf SEA 6
WR7 A. Thielen MIN 7
WR8 A. Brown TEN
WR9 T. Lockett SEA 6
WR10 K. Golladay DET 5
WR11 Q M. Thomas NO 6
WR12 S. Diggs BUF 11
WR13 T. McLaurin WAS 8
WR14 Q. A. Robinson CHI 11
WR15 A. Cooper DAL 10
WR16 W. Fuller HOU 8
And I had trouble finding this one:
WR110 IR. O. Beckham CLE 9.... #110 but originally #1 on the IR list.

-
Huh?
Just sayin' Hodge kept Higgins on the bench so what are the odds Peeps gets snaps now?
Zombo said:
Double huh?
Just sayin' Hodge kept Higgins on the bench so what are the odds Peeps gets snaps now?
Just sayin' Hodge kept Higgins on the bench so what are the odds Peeps gets snaps now?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login