Skip to content

Sandejo

The Browns Board
90 23 2.7k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    In what way? I ask because I don't see it... not in a single season anyway. Now if I were to be promoting that we give Sendejo another season, then you'd have a point.

    Where's Delpit's best fit? How much are you willing to spend in draft capital and salary to land a FS (Sendejo's position) only to find out in 2021 Camp that you filled Delpit's best position?

    What I see is gross, fan impatience. Not everything wrong with the 2019 Browns was going to be fixed by one off-season.

    And I'll save you some heartache... all our remaining issues are not going to be fixed in just one more offseason either.

    Respectfully disagree. Nothings guaranteed in this league, progress in the right direction next year included. We need to win now. This franchise is starved for wins. One bandaid away from being more competitive in a playoff season is worth the risk, especially with 7 draft picks as barter. 

    @cbus-brownie said:

    Respectfully disagree. Nothings guaranteed in this league, progress in the right direction next year included. We need to win now. This franchise is starved for wins. One bandaid away from being more competitive in a playoff season is worth the risk, especially with 7 draft picks as barter. 

    Back at ya...

    But we neither need, nor are ready, to "win now"... not with one side of the ball so far from being competitive. Were we only a Sendejo replacement away from having a competitive D, then I, and I suspect our F.O., would be calling for his replacement.

  • I'll take that bait -- Eric Reid declined an offer yesterday to join washington's practice squad. He's FA by choice not because of politics.  If it was political, can't think of a bigger finger than to play in Washington.

    And Panthers of all people cut Reid this offseason... because he's no better than Sendejo. PFF 2019 Reid = 46. Sendejo this year = 45. 

    This is not unlike thinking to yourself that old washed-up Carlos Dunlap is somehow better in 2020 than Olivier Vernon.. because you're having visions of sugarplums and 2015 Carlos Dunlap.  Unfortunately, Father Time always wins - and Dunlap is this year a more expensive version of Adrian Clayborn. Dunlap is not a starter in Cincinnati this season.. he's worse against the run for the Bengals DL position group than one of their UDFA rookies.

    Pretty sure nobody had me with that take...

    You don't trade for someone else's garbage player.. because the reason they're available is their original team doesn't want them.  Wanting to win now is great -- trading for a player who is no better than the one you want to put on the bench simply decreases your resources [draft picks] and doesn't in any way address the problem.

  • Sandy better step up. I just see him looked confused after he gets burned literally every game.

  • @hish747 said:

    They way I see it, you are essentially arguing that we stay with Sendejo simply because of what we already have invested in him. By doing that we are wasting opportunity for wins. We have 4 other safeties on this team who are better than Sendejo. So I don't see why he gets as much playing time as he does. I would think there must be someone out there we can trade for before the deadline.

    It's not gross fan impatience either. Impatience would have been after the first game. I waited until at least the second! His poor performance is evidenced on just about every play he's on the field. It always seems that any play he's involved with is late and with a lowered helmet. And then he scrambles to get into every frame he can after others have contributed. Give me a break, in addition to a fraud, the guy is a ticking time bomb on our side of the field and sooner or later his blatant incompetence will turn into disaster when we get a 4th down stop and he goes in with a late headbutt.

    I'm not making any investment argument. The coaches are putting him on the field for a reason. They seem to think he's the best option we have on our roster. Despite the plays I have seen him miss making... and there have been a few a game... I have no basis for disagreeing with them.

    As for "wasting opportunity for wins", how many wins has he cost us to date? Put another way.... which of our two, got-our-butts-whipped, team losses was he solely responsible for?

    lol... well at least you waited until the 2nd game. That said... I have seen Sendejo get in camera shots late though after a teammate has made a play... to celebrate a teammates play. Leaders tend to do that kind of stuff.

    The impatience of which I spoke is not measured in one, 2020 game... it's season long. As I wrote elsewhere a few minutes ago, the 2020 offseason was focused upon the Offense. The only significant D-side acquisition is sitting on IR after blowing out his achilles.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'm not making any investment argument. The coaches are putting him on the field for a reason. They seem to think he's the best option we have on our roster. Despite the plays I have seen him miss making... and there have been a few a game... I have no basis for disagreeing with them.

    As for "wasting opportunity for wins", how many wins has he cost us to date? Put another way.... which of our two, got-our-butts-whipped, team losses was he solely responsible for?

    lol... well at least you waited until the 2nd game. That said... I have seen Sendejo get in camera shots late though after a teammate has made a play... to celebrate a teammates play. Leaders tend to do that kind of stuff.

    The impatience of which I spoke is not measured in one, 2020 game... it's season long. As I wrote elsewhere a few minutes ago, the 2020 offseason was focused upon the Offense. The only significant D-side acquisition is sitting on IR after blowing out his achilles.

    Coaches put in "their guy" just to try to prove that they were right in selecting a given player. And "their guy" gets more rope than others. We've seen this with just about any WR over Rashard Higgins for example even though it's clear to fans that Higgins is better than just everyone except Jarvis.  Yet, somehow, the coaches last year couldn't see this. Why? Because he wasn't "their guy." Same with Sendejo, he came with Stefanski so they are loyal to a fault with him.

    At least you agree that he pops into photo ops. We disagree that this has anything to do with leadership. I have not seen his teammates treat him as a leader.

    Does he need to strip the ball from a fellow defensive player who just made an interception and run it back the wrong way for you to acknowledge his weakness? It seems that you just want to wait until what I don't know what...oh wait, "procrastination" is listed as an interest in your signature....never mind. 🙂

  • Sandy better step up. I just see him looked confused after he gets burned literally every game.

    @stillmotion said:

    Sandy better step up. I just see him looked confused after he gets burned literally every game PLAY.

    Fixed it for you. YW.

  • I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

    Sendejo’s PFF scores 

    2017: 80.9

    2018: 69.7

    2019: 71.3

    Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

    So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

  • I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

    Sendejo’s PFF scores 

    2017: 80.9

    2018: 69.7

    2019: 71.3

    Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

    So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

    Sendejo’s PFF scores 

    2017: 80.9

    2018: 69.7

    2019: 71.3

    Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

     So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

    Nice try. You're trying a little too hard by leaving out his PFF score for 2020... 44.7!

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

    Sendejo’s PFF scores 

    2017: 80.9

    2018: 69.7

    2019: 71.3

    Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

     So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

    Nice try. You're trying a little too hard by leaving out his PFF score for 2020... 44.7!

    @hish747 said:

    Nice try. You're trying a little too hard by leaving out his PFF score for 2020... 44.7!

    Disclaimer- I’m trying to make an argument for him.

  • @hish747 said:

    Nice try. You're trying a little too hard by leaving out his PFF score for 2020... 44.7!

    Disclaimer- I’m trying to make an argument for him.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Disclaimer- I’m trying to make an argument for him.

    Hiding his current numbers undermines your argument. Unless your goal is also to delude yourself, it makes it clear that even you know how bad he is.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Disclaimer- I’m trying to make an argument for him.

    Hiding his current numbers undermines your argument. Unless your goal is also to delude yourself, it makes it clear that even you know how bad he is.

    @hish747 said:

    Hiding his current numbers undermines your argument. Unless your goal is also to delude yourself, it makes it clear that even you know how bad he is.

    I’ve been harsh in other posts about him.  He’s an easy target.

    In pointing out the 17-19 numbers it shows he’s played at a really high level and most recently at a solid level (less than 12 months ago).   Maybe he adjusts to our scheme gets comfortable.  I don’t like the prospects of that but who knows.

  • @hish747 said:

    Hiding his current numbers undermines your argument. Unless your goal is also to delude yourself, it makes it clear that even you know how bad he is.

    I’ve been harsh in other posts about him.  He’s an easy target.

    In pointing out the 17-19 numbers it shows he’s played at a really high level and most recently at a solid level (less than 12 months ago).   Maybe he adjusts to our scheme gets comfortable.  I don’t like the prospects of that but who knows.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’ve been harsh in other posts about him.  He’s an easy target.

    In pointing out the 17-19 numbers it shows he’s played at a really high level and most recently at a solid level (less than 12 months ago).   Maybe he adjusts to our scheme gets comfortable.  I don’t like the prospects of that but who knows.

    If he gets any more comfortable in the secondary, he will start snoring.  A 44.7 PFF score is not even a quality backup

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’ve been harsh in other posts about him.  He’s an easy target.

    In pointing out the 17-19 numbers it shows he’s played at a really high level and most recently at a solid level (less than 12 months ago).   Maybe he adjusts to our scheme gets comfortable.  I don’t like the prospects of that but who knows.

    If he gets any more comfortable in the secondary, he will start snoring.  A 44.7 PFF score is not even a quality backup

    @marvin-the-martian said:

    If he gets any more comfortable in the secondary, he will start snoring.  A 44.7 PFF score is not even a quality backup

    ? 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'm not making any investment argument. The coaches are putting him on the field for a reason. They seem to think he's the best option we have on our roster. Despite the plays I have seen him miss making... and there have been a few a game... I have no basis for disagreeing with them.

    As for "wasting opportunity for wins", how many wins has he cost us to date? Put another way.... which of our two, got-our-butts-whipped, team losses was he solely responsible for?

    lol... well at least you waited until the 2nd game. That said... I have seen Sendejo get in camera shots late though after a teammate has made a play... to celebrate a teammates play. Leaders tend to do that kind of stuff.

    The impatience of which I spoke is not measured in one, 2020 game... it's season long. As I wrote elsewhere a few minutes ago, the 2020 offseason was focused upon the Offense. The only significant D-side acquisition is sitting on IR after blowing out his achilles.

    Coaches put in "their guy" just to try to prove that they were right in selecting a given player. And "their guy" gets more rope than others. We've seen this with just about any WR over Rashard Higgins for example even though it's clear to fans that Higgins is better than just everyone except Jarvis.  Yet, somehow, the coaches last year couldn't see this. Why? Because he wasn't "their guy." Same with Sendejo, he came with Stefanski so they are loyal to a fault with him.

    At least you agree that he pops into photo ops. We disagree that this has anything to do with leadership. I have not seen his teammates treat him as a leader.

    Does he need to strip the ball from a fellow defensive player who just made an interception and run it back the wrong way for you to acknowledge his weakness? It seems that you just want to wait until what I don't know what...oh wait, "procrastination" is listed as an interest in your signature....never mind. 🙂

    @hish747 said:

    Coaches put in "their guy" just to try to prove that they were right in selecting a given player. And "their guy" gets more rope than others. We've seen this with just about any WR over Rashard Higgins for example even though it's clear to fans that Higgins is better than just everyone except Jarvis.  Yet, somehow, the coaches last year couldn't see this. Why? Because he wasn't "their guy." Same with Sendejo, he came with Stefanski so they are loyal to a fault with him.

    At least you agree that he pops into photo ops. We disagree that this has anything to do with leadership. I have not seen his teammates treat him as a leader.

    Does he need to strip the ball from a fellow defensive player who just made an interception and run it back the wrong way for you to acknowledge his weakness? It seems that you just want to wait until what I don't know what...oh wait, "procrastination" is listed as an interest in your signature....never mind. 🙂

    I finally got around to responding... 😉

    You keep talking about this and that being clear to all, when it is anything but clear. We don't get to see practices. We don't sit in on film sessions. We watch games. And when games are watched impressions can be formed from bits and pieces, anecdotes, if you will. But the basis for these impressions is not equal across all positions and is weakest for DBs and WRs because unlike the Lines and RBs they are not in every plays' shot.

    I can dissect OL play as well as anyone on this board, and far better than most, but I don't pretend to do so from simply watching a game.

    As for "guys"...

    First, last year was last year. Higgins clearly did nothing to earn PT under Freddie. Stef comes in and all our WRs except Peeps were already here... so he had no guy(s). Yet Higgins still rode the pine. Why would this clearly superior choice ride the pine in the absence of favoritism?

    Sendejo? I think saying he's Stef's guy, thus insinuating that Woods has no choice but to start him, is just weak. I don't see Stef as that kind of HC and I don't see their time in MN, where Stef only ever coached on the Offensive side of the ball, as generating that kind of relationship.

    As for popping into photos... I honestly don't know what you are talking about. League-wide entire Defensive units race downfield to endzone-camera video-screens to celebrate turnovers. Sometimes the celebrations are choreographed; sometimes they look like a "look-at-me" competition. Again, I have seen Sendejo celebrating teammates plays... and that is not a negative.

  • I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

    Sendejo’s PFF scores 

    2017: 80.9

    2018: 69.7

    2019: 71.3

    Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

    So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

    Sendejo’s PFF scores 

    2017: 80.9

    2018: 69.7

    2019: 71.3

    Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

    So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

    Do you know what position he played to earn those decent grades...

    @hish747 said:

    Nice try. You're trying a little too hard by leaving out his PFF score for 2020... 44.7!

    ... and what position he is playing now?

    Feel free to collaborate in coming up with your answers...

  • @hish747 said:

    Coaches put in "their guy" just to try to prove that they were right in selecting a given player. And "their guy" gets more rope than others. We've seen this with just about any WR over Rashard Higgins for example even though it's clear to fans that Higgins is better than just everyone except Jarvis.  Yet, somehow, the coaches last year couldn't see this. Why? Because he wasn't "their guy." Same with Sendejo, he came with Stefanski so they are loyal to a fault with him.

    At least you agree that he pops into photo ops. We disagree that this has anything to do with leadership. I have not seen his teammates treat him as a leader.

    Does he need to strip the ball from a fellow defensive player who just made an interception and run it back the wrong way for you to acknowledge his weakness? It seems that you just want to wait until what I don't know what...oh wait, "procrastination" is listed as an interest in your signature....never mind. 🙂

    I finally got around to responding... 😉

    You keep talking about this and that being clear to all, when it is anything but clear. We don't get to see practices. We don't sit in on film sessions. We watch games. And when games are watched impressions can be formed from bits and pieces, anecdotes, if you will. But the basis for these impressions is not equal across all positions and is weakest for DBs and WRs because unlike the Lines and RBs they are not in every plays' shot.

    I can dissect OL play as well as anyone on this board, and far better than most, but I don't pretend to do so from simply watching a game.

    As for "guys"...

    First, last year was last year. Higgins clearly did nothing to earn PT under Freddie. Stef comes in and all our WRs except Peeps were already here... so he had no guy(s). Yet Higgins still rode the pine. Why would this clearly superior choice ride the pine in the absence of favoritism?

    Sendejo? I think saying he's Stef's guy, thus insinuating that Woods has no choice but to start him, is just weak. I don't see Stef as that kind of HC and I don't see their time in MN, where Stef only ever coached on the Offensive side of the ball, as generating that kind of relationship.

    As for popping into photos... I honestly don't know what you are talking about. League-wide entire Defensive units race downfield to endzone-camera video-screens to celebrate turnovers. Sometimes the celebrations are choreographed; sometimes they look like a "look-at-me" competition. Again, I have seen Sendejo celebrating teammates plays... and that is not a negative.

    @tour2ma said:

    We don't get to see practices. We don't sit in on film sessions. We watch games. And when games are watched impressions can be formed from bits and pieces, anecdotes, if you will.

    I used to tell my girls' parents when they asked me about play time, defensive position or any other questions, that "They only get to see the tip of the iceberg (the game), I see the entire iceberg."

    I asked them to trust me and was lucky enough to have all but 4 of them do so in my 11yr career.... I'm not friends on FB with those 4 players or any of their families. Weird?   

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

    Sendejo’s PFF scores 

    2017: 80.9

    2018: 69.7

    2019: 71.3

    Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

    So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

    Do you know what position he played to earn those decent grades...

    @hish747 said:

    Nice try. You're trying a little too hard by leaving out his PFF score for 2020... 44.7!

    ... and what position he is playing now?

    Feel free to collaborate in coming up with your answers...

    @tour2ma said:

    Do you know what position he played to earn those decent grades...

    ... and what position he is playing now?

    Feel free to collaborate in coming up with your answers...

    What stop are we talking about?  He was brought in because of his versatility and he had a background with Joe Woods system.  

    Minnesota apparently moved him around he played closer to the line of scrimmage and even most recently with Minnesota Some Nickle corner.  

    The Eagles cut him last season during the year he had a couple senseless penalties and was largely ineffective so the Vikes  picked him up as a backup.  

    He’s been asked to tackle and cover in every stop as he’s moved around and played multiple roles.

  • He had a cup of coffee in Philly... spent a career in MN.

    Answer the question...

  • He had a cup of coffee in Philly... spent a career in MN.

    Answer the question...

    @tour2ma said:

    He had a cup of coffee in Philly... spent a career in MN.

    Answer the question...

    Haha too funny.

    funny how one organization just cut him loose midseason last year - I guess it is too outlandish for another organization to do the same thing a year later.  

    why don’t you answer your own question.  You are the expert 

  • He had a cup of coffee in Philly... spent a career in MN.

    Answer the question...

    @tour2ma said:

    He had a cup of coffee in Philly... spent a career in MN.

    Answer the question...

    Regardless of whatever he may have done, wherever, whomever he played for, what  position he may have played;   Right here, right now,  Sandejo sucks.

    There is your answer.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

    Sendejo’s PFF scores 

    2017: 80.9

    2018: 69.7

    2019: 71.3

    Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

    So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

    Do you know what position he played to earn those decent grades...

    @hish747 said:

    Nice try. You're trying a little too hard by leaving out his PFF score for 2020... 44.7!

    ... and what position he is playing now?

    Feel free to collaborate in coming up with your answers...

    @tour2ma said:

    Do you know what position he played to earn those decent grades...

    ... and what position he is playing now?

    Feel free to collaborate in coming up with your answers...

    Don't know and don't care about his past. I care about what's happening now and that's what matters. 44.7 on PFF confirms what we are seeing on the field. You can choose to ignore what the evidence shows. It's up to you.