Skip to content

The polls

Political Discussion
49 14 1.0k
  • Hey leftists you remember when I said the polls were bullshit and you guys vehemently disagreed that they weren't (I'm looking at you woody) and they could be trusted to get it right this time?

    Well guess what? They were bullshit. You guys should try, you know, looking at reality once in a while. I don't expect you to eat the crow you should and say you were wrong because that takes other than a fragile ego and we all know your egos are as fragile as china glass but you know in your hearts you were wrong. 

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/11/03/the-pollsters-were-wrong-again-why-do-we-listen-to-them/amp/

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/11/04/polls-wrong-will-no-biden-landslide-trumpism-has-stunningly/amp/

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/world/north-america/how-us-election-polling-got-it-wrong-again/news-story/143dc90c8337024ec3d24e4d93e0e981

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/world/north-america/why-the-polls-were-wrong-and-will-never-be-right-again-20201104-p56bf4.html

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/think/amp/ncna1245282

  • Wife and I were talking about the polls this morning and how they have not been accurate at all.  
    IMO, they are used in the media to sway the mindless voters to the media's preferred candidate.  

  • The polls are as accurate as my Horoscope.

  • A bunch of opinion pieces vs the entire careers of polling experts and data scientists. 

    538 had a great article on the 2016 polling that I've already posted on here. It breaks it down nicely. 

    Showing Biden with a 5/6 chance of winning doesn't mean his most likely win is a "landslide". 

    But sure, appreciate the call out, "leftists", etc. 

    I'm really not interested into a whole bunch of back and forth where I share articles going into polling error, bringing up the votes the still need counted, etc. Sorry, I'm just not. You can claim a victory if you'd like and the usual MAGA minions can all come in to try and pile on. 

    Polls aren't perfect. Trump is a unique candidate. There is still a whole field if statistics, science, etc behind this that never really gets examined because it isn't easily digestible (not necessarily to you, just the country at large). 

    So, again, instead of propping up click bait opinion articles calling polls meaningless, I'll choose to wait on the final results and to realize what the predictions meant and the standard error involved. 

  • 538? Nate Silver, huh? How are his predictions faring? Not too accurate, it seems. Not sure what it's going to take for you to see the truth on this one but if you can't admit the polling industry is completely worthless; that is without worth - Nothing will make you see. 

  • Was expected more Polish jokes based on the thread title.

  • Yes woodpecker Biden voters, supporters and sycophants are lefties.

    They were wrong about Hillary and they're wrong about Biden even if Trump loses.

    Furthermore watching the results on either of the main opinion Networks will lead to either a full sense of dread or security.

    WSS

  • Yes woodpecker Biden voters, supporters and sycophants are lefties.

    They were wrong about Hillary and they're wrong about Biden even if Trump loses.

    Furthermore watching the results on either of the main opinion Networks will lead to either a full sense of dread or security.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes woodpecker Biden voters, supporters and sycophants are lefties.

    They were wrong about Hillary and they're wrong about Biden even if Trump loses.

    Furthermore watching the results on either of the main opinion Networks will lead to either a full sense of dread or security.

    WSS

    Yes I couldn't imagine watching CNN or Fox's coverage. 

    I've been watching the 538 live updates and when I was watching an actual broadcast it was NBC. 

  • A bunch of opinion pieces vs the entire careers of polling experts and data scientists. 

    538 had a great article on the 2016 polling that I've already posted on here. It breaks it down nicely. 

    Showing Biden with a 5/6 chance of winning doesn't mean his most likely win is a "landslide". 

    But sure, appreciate the call out, "leftists", etc. 

    I'm really not interested into a whole bunch of back and forth where I share articles going into polling error, bringing up the votes the still need counted, etc. Sorry, I'm just not. You can claim a victory if you'd like and the usual MAGA minions can all come in to try and pile on. 

    Polls aren't perfect. Trump is a unique candidate. There is still a whole field if statistics, science, etc behind this that never really gets examined because it isn't easily digestible (not necessarily to you, just the country at large). 

    So, again, instead of propping up click bait opinion articles calling polls meaningless, I'll choose to wait on the final results and to realize what the predictions meant and the standard error involved. 

    @mld-woody said:

    A bunch of opinion pieces vs the entire careers of polling experts and data scientists. 

    538 had a great article on the 2016 polling that I've already posted on here. It breaks it down nicely. 

    Showing Biden with a 5/6 chance of winning doesn't mean his most likely win is a "landslide". 

    But sure, appreciate the call out, "leftists", etc. 

    I'm really not interested into a whole bunch of back and forth where I share articles going into polling error, bringing up the votes the still need counted, etc. Sorry, I'm just not. You can claim a victory if you'd like and the usual MAGA minions can all come in to try and pile on. 

    Polls aren't perfect. Trump is a unique candidate. There is still a whole field if statistics, science, etc behind this that never really gets examined because it isn't easily digestible (not necessarily to you, just the country at large). 

    So, again, instead of propping up click bait opinion articles calling polls meaningless, I'll choose to wait on the final results and to realize what the predictions meant and the standard error involved. 

    There, that's better. Carry on... 

  • @mld-woody said:

    A bunch of opinion pieces vs the entire careers of polling experts and data scientists. 

    538 had a great article on the 2016 polling that I've already posted on here. It breaks it down nicely. 

    Showing Biden with a 5/6 chance of winning doesn't mean his most likely win is a "landslide". 

    But sure, appreciate the call out, "leftists", etc. 

    I'm really not interested into a whole bunch of back and forth where I share articles going into polling error, bringing up the votes the still need counted, etc. Sorry, I'm just not. You can claim a victory if you'd like and the usual MAGA minions can all come in to try and pile on. 

    Polls aren't perfect. Trump is a unique candidate. There is still a whole field if statistics, science, etc behind this that never really gets examined because it isn't easily digestible (not necessarily to you, just the country at large). 

    So, again, instead of propping up click bait opinion articles calling polls meaningless, I'll choose to wait on the final results and to realize what the predictions meant and the standard error involved. 

    There, that's better. Carry on... 

    @d-bone said:

    There, that's better. Carry on... 

    Oh geez...

  • It’s their left leaning bias showing again.

  • But, "votes cannot be cast after the Poles are closed"

    light-poles-and-accessories-fed.jpg

  • Looks like Joe is going to win Wisconsin by 20k votes.

    The ABC poll had Biden winning Wisconsin by 17 points.

  • That means Trump MUST win PA, NC, GA and either MI or NV.  Not looking good.  Get ready for socialism.

  • That means Trump MUST win PA, NC, GA and either MI or NV.  Not looking good.  Get ready for socialism.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Get ready for socialism.

    Oh shit, so where public monies go to public universities for medical research and then ends up privately profited off of...?!?

    Oh.... Wait. 

    Look, I get it.  But go talk to the hardcore socialist countries - Biden is anything but.

  • Biden won't be President for long.  He's sickly.  Harris will end up being President. 

  • I'll set the over/under at 45 days after inauguration that Kamala tells a reporter, "Trump screwed up COVID so badly that there is little she can now do to reverse it, and everything that is currently happening or will happen is because of him".

    I'll set the over/under to 90 minutes when D Bone quotes this post after she says it (take the under) 

    I'll set the over/under at 90 minutes before her followers make post after post about how she is right and it's all Trump and his supporters' faults (take the under) 

    I'll set the over/under to 10 minutes before D Bone hops on his bike and could no longer care less (take the under) 

    One thing is for certain, the next 4 years are going to be fun no matter which POS politician is leading this country. 

  • I'll set the over/under at 45 days after inauguration that Kamala tells a reporter, "Trump screwed up COVID so badly that there is little she can now do to reverse it, and everything that is currently happening or will happen is because of him".

    I'll set the over/under to 90 minutes when D Bone quotes this post after she says it (take the under) 

    I'll set the over/under at 90 minutes before her followers make post after post about how she is right and it's all Trump and his supporters' faults (take the under) 

    I'll set the over/under to 10 minutes before D Bone hops on his bike and could no longer care less (take the under) 

    One thing is for certain, the next 4 years are going to be fun no matter which POS politician is leading this country. 

    @d-bone said:

    I'll set the over/under to 10 minutes before D Bone hops on his bike and could no longer care less (take the under) 

    I've been averaging around 35 miles a day and feel great.  

  • @d-bone said:

    I'll set the over/under to 10 minutes before D Bone hops on his bike and could no longer care less (take the under) 

    I've been averaging around 35 miles a day and feel great.  

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I've been averaging around 35 miles a day and feel great.  

    Hell yea! Super stoked to hear that brother..... keep it up!