Week 10: Texans @ Browns... Bye-Bye, Bye / Hello, Houston
-
Don't know about that. Fans, posters on this forum, clearly.

-
Don't know about that. Fans, posters on this forum, clearly.

-
As much as we need this bye week, god I hate when the Browns are on a bye week!
As much as we need this bye week, god I hate when the Browns are on a bye week!
LOL, I said the same thing! Felt like something big was missing today, regardless of how much we needed it. Then I read the story about Baker being on the covid list, and I thought, "Oh here we freaking go."
But in all likelihood, Baker will be fine. What I'm NOT as confident with is the game against the Texans. They can move the ball, which means they'll be able to move it on us, and I'm really worried about the game resembling the damn Raiders game. I don't see us forcing punts, and we'll have to hope for more turnovers and the re-emergence of Nick Chubb and Wyatt Tellar. Can we win? Oh yeah, but it's going to be CLOSE. It wouldn't surprise me if we had to pull out a Cincinnati Bengals type drive at the last minute to win.
You know what'd be great? If we blew somebody out, Lmao. I could go for that! ?
-
Weather is welcomed in this one next week.
If any of you recall Watson while being a very competent QB with his legs and his arm- Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland. At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.
at any rate, I’m deathly afraid of what he can do with his legs and his arm and our back 7 being the way it is right now.
-
Weather is welcomed in this one next week.
If any of you recall Watson while being a very competent QB with his legs and his arm- Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland. At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.
at any rate, I’m deathly afraid of what he can do with his legs and his arm and our back 7 being the way it is right now.
Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland. At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.
I think your memory is faulty in this instance. I don't recall arm strength questions. I do recall him being billed as having a very calibrated arm with everything from touch to zip and everything I've seen of him conforms this.
PFF described his throwing this way" Displays a complete inventory of passes with zip, firm with touch. Changes the pace of the ball well when needed."
Plus he was PFF's #2 deep ball QB this past offseason trailing only Russell Wilson.
-
Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy !
Things looking up on the injury front:
https://www.brownsnation.com/report-nick-chubb-returning-to-practice-this-week/
"Luckily, Chubb isn’t the only player that is expected to return after the bye week.
Cleveland is hopeful they will also get tight end Austin Hooper and right guard Wyatt Teller back on the field soon.
#Browns are 5-3 going into the bye week. Some key players possibly returning from injury in Week 10:
Nick Chubb
Austin Hooper
Wyatt Teller" -
Couple other HOU-JAX game notes:
- After looking good on an early carry David Johnson was concussed on his first pass target by a hard, legal hit by Myles Jack. As my FF team can attest, he did not return to the game.
- Other HOU injuries included: Charles Omenihu (DE, hamstring), Brennan Scarlett (OLB, Arm) and Senio Kelemete (OG, Concussion). HOU went into the game thin at DE and OLB due to players in CoVid protocol and therefore Inactive.
- With Da. Johnson out, Du. Johnson... yup, that'd be Duke... carried the load for HOU. Duke finished with 41 yards on 16 carries (2.6 YPC) with 1 TD, plus 4 catches out of 4 targets for 32 yards.
- JJ Watt recorded his 100th career sack. He is the 5th fastest to that mark since the NFL started recording sacks... considering the time he has missed only makes that achievement more remarkable.
Biggest news out of the game is the controversy over HOU's 77-yd, TD pass to Will Fuller. The play clock was on "0" for over 2 seconds before the ball was snapped, but the Backjudge missed seeing the time expire and the play was not flagged. It is not eligible for review/challenge. Seems to me giving a couple Officials "buzzers" is all that is needed.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-rule-change-texans-vs-jaguars/wn6l3zlvcdsr1qgwz04tn7ral
-
Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland. At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.
I think your memory is faulty in this instance. I don't recall arm strength questions. I do recall him being billed as having a very calibrated arm with everything from touch to zip and everything I've seen of him conforms this.
PFF described his throwing this way" Displays a complete inventory of passes with zip, firm with touch. Changes the pace of the ball well when needed."
Plus he was PFF's #2 deep ball QB this past offseason trailing only Russell Wilson.
I think your memory is faulty in this instance. I don't recall arm strength questions. I do recall him being billed as having a very calibrated arm with everything from touch to zip and everything I've seen of him conforms this.
PFF described his throwing this way" Displays a complete inventory of passes with zip, firm with touch. Changes the pace of the ball well when needed."
Plus he was PFF's #2 deep ball QB this past offseason trailing only Russell Wilson.
-
I was just going to say that I do recall Watson having a poor spin rate.
-
I was just going to say that I do recall Watson having a poor spin rate.
I was just going to say that I do recall Watson having a poor spin rate.
That was the main reason teams didn't want him and it was totally ridiculous. Like all of the sudden he couldn't throw the damn ball or something. He's going to be an absolute nightmare for us, and I can already see him running for multiple first downs when it's 3rd and long and we refuse to cover the middle of the field again. The ONE thing that gives me the most hope is Myles Garrett and the fact Watson holds onto the ball WAY too long.
-
I was just going to say that I do recall Watson having a poor spin rate.
That was the main reason teams didn't want him and it was totally ridiculous. Like all of the sudden he couldn't throw the damn ball or something. He's going to be an absolute nightmare for us, and I can already see him running for multiple first downs when it's 3rd and long and we refuse to cover the middle of the field again. The ONE thing that gives me the most hope is Myles Garrett and the fact Watson holds onto the ball WAY too long.
That was the main reason teams didn't want him and it was totally ridiculous. Like all of the sudden he couldn't throw the damn ball or something. He's going to be an absolute nightmare for us, and I can already see him running for multiple first downs when it's 3rd and long and we refuse to cover the middle of the field again. The ONE thing that gives me the most hope is Myles Garrett and the fact Watson holds onto the ball WAY too long.
Apparently the bettors are thinking the same thing, because the Browns are only favored by 2.5 or 3 points.... A 5-3 team at home against a 2-6 road team, that small a favorite?
-
Speed gun data?
Its worth is debated every time the Combine list comes out... and we're no nearer a consensus.
Best source I've found for the data is here: https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/
Best article I've read on its worth is here: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/ball-velocity-numbers-are-lying-to-you
-
That was the main reason teams didn't want him and it was totally ridiculous. Like all of the sudden he couldn't throw the damn ball or something. He's going to be an absolute nightmare for us, and I can already see him running for multiple first downs when it's 3rd and long and we refuse to cover the middle of the field again. The ONE thing that gives me the most hope is Myles Garrett and the fact Watson holds onto the ball WAY too long.
Apparently the bettors are thinking the same thing, because the Browns are only favored by 2.5 or 3 points.... A 5-3 team at home against a 2-6 road team, that small a favorite?
Apparently the bettors are thinking the same thing, because the Browns are only favored by 2.5 or 3 points.... A 5-3 team at home against a 2-6 road team, that small a favorite?
And I am much more concerned about what JJ Watt does to Baker who already has happy feet. This could turn into another 6 point fiasco in a NY minute with multiple Baker turnovers.
-
Short and sweet Injury Report for us...
No update for HOU as yet...
YES !
https://www.brownsnation.com/nick-chubb-back-from-injury-expected-to-play-against-texans/
https://www.brownsnation.com/wyatt-teller-returns-to-practice-for-browns/
that would be awesome
-
More likely TNF tonite...
Meanwhile back at the thread...
This "mailbag" Q&A seems appropriate...
What is the update on Nick Chubb's and Wyatt Teller's return from injury — Elizabeth B., Parma Heights
Both players are progressing well in their respective rehabs, coach Kevin Stefanski said earlier this week. Whether or not that means either player will be back Week 10 against the Houston Texans remains to be seen, but it hasn't been ruled out.
What is going on with Greedy Williams? When can we expect him to play his first game of the season? — Nick D., Wayne, West Virginia
That's yet to be determined. What we know is Williams continues to work hard behind the scenes while recovering from a nerve issue in his injured shoulder.
"He is working very, very hard," Stefanski said. "We are just going to keep seeing if he progresses over the next few weeks."
-
That was the main reason teams didn't want him and it was totally ridiculous. Like all of the sudden he couldn't throw the damn ball or something. He's going to be an absolute nightmare for us, and I can already see him running for multiple first downs when it's 3rd and long and we refuse to cover the middle of the field again. The ONE thing that gives me the most hope is Myles Garrett and the fact Watson holds onto the ball WAY too long.
Apparently the bettors are thinking the same thing, because the Browns are only favored by 2.5 or 3 points.... A 5-3 team at home against a 2-6 road team, that small a favorite?
Apparently the bettors are thinking the same thing, because the Browns are only favored by 2.5 or 3 points.... A 5-3 team at home against a 2-6 road team, that small a favorite?
Lord I want to be wrong. I'm going through the scenarios in my mind and they don't look good. The only way we win is if we jump out to a lead, Myles makes a huge play, then we essentially play keep away with our running game. Basically, the same formula we've used to win 5 games, but this will be tough because Watson will torment us. He had a few CLUTCH runs against the Jags, and that's what will hurt us the most. I have no faith in our Lb's.
In the last 3-4 games, Watson has played about as good as anyone in the league. He has a QB rating of over 100, he's not turning it over, and he's hitting Fuller for one TD bomb every single week. We've forced ONE punt in the last two games, and lord knows that won't cut it.
I'm going to make a separate post later about why I think we'll win, mainly because I don't WANT to think like this, LOL. The Texans are scoring a BUNCH of points, but they're also giving up a lot, too. If we can run the ball effectively, we'll have a decent chance to win in the 4th. But make no mistake about it, this will be an absolute dog fight to the finish. Texans are likely to clog everything up and force us to pass the ball. We're going to have Hodge open deep at least once this game, just have to hit him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login






