Skip to content

The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread

The Browns Board
324 23 11.2k 1
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    For me what will be interesting is what players actually take advantage of the extra Covid year of eligibility in order to gain a higher draft status in 2022.

  • @the-gipper said:

    There certainly is a way to verify if the prognosticators have them ranked in Top 10.  Just read their articles.  As you say, many have him going #2. 

    I am not saying now what teams will do in May, or whatever.  I am saying how people...pros at that job...view them now. 

    Tell you what, you can go ahead and get to work on linking all the articles from these experts since you're the one making the claim.   Make sure those articles are dated on or after the 19th.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Tell you what, you can go ahead and get to work on linking all the articles from these experts since you're the one making the claim.   Make sure those articles are dated on or after the 19th.

    From Tankathon:

    1 Trevor Lawrence - QB
    2 Justin Fields - QB
    3 Penei Sewell - OT
    4 Micah Parsons - OLB/ILB
    5 Patrick Surtain II - CB
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Walter Football:

    jaguarsb_logo.gif Jacksonville Jaguars: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State OhioState_logo.gif
    The Gardner Minshew experience was fun, but it's sadly coming to an end. Minshew is a feisty quarterback, but will be relegated to backup duties because he can't throw passes longer than 15 yards.

    Justin Fields made the egregious mistake of committing to a program with a talented, young quarterback in Jake Fromm, so he was blocked from starting. Fields, however, was able to transfer to Ohio State, where he dominated in his first season. He continued his strong play into the shortened 2020 campaign, aside from a sloppy performance against Indiana

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    NFL Mock Draft Site
    Date
    No. 1
    No. 2
    No. 3
    No. 4
    No. 5
    12/17
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    G.Rousseau
    S.Cosmi
    12/17
    T.Lawrence
    Z.Wilson
    J.Chase
    P.Sewell
    J.Fields
    12/16
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    G.Rousseau
    K.Paye
    12/16
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    G.Rousseau
    M.Jones
    12/16
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    M.Parsons
    G.Rousseau
    P.Sewell
    12/16
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    S.Cosmi
    P.Surtain
    12/15
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    K.Pitts
    R.Slater
    12/14
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    P.Surtain
    C.Farley
    12/13
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    G.Rousseau
    12/13
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    P.Surtain
    M.Parsons
    12/11
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    G.Rousseau
    K.Pitts
    12/11
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    T.Lance
    P.Surtain
    12/11
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    M.Parsons
    12/10
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    M.Parsons
    Z.Wilson
    12/6
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    G.Rousseau
    R.Walker
    12/2
    S.Howell
    E.Neal
    D.Stingley
    O.Pappoe
    K.Thibodeaux
    12/1
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    P.Surtain
    M.Parsons
    12/1
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    C.Barmore
    G.Rousseau
    P.Sewell
    11/28
    T.Slough
    D.Stingley
    L.Brown
    D.Nixon
    J.Ross
    11/21
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    G.Rousseau
    T.Lance
    P.Sewell
    11/18
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    P.Surtain
    M.Parsons
    11/17
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    T.Lance
    M.Parsons
    11/15
    S.Howell
    K.Slovis
    L.Brown
    D.Stingley
    K.Thibodeaux
    11/11
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    G.Rousseau
    M.Parsons
    T.Lance
    11/10
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    S.Wade
    G.Rousseau
    J.Chase
    11/9
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    M.Parsons
    Z.Wilson
    11/7
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    P.Surtain
    10/28
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    G.Rousseau
    J.Chase
    P.Sewell
    9/8
    T.Lawrence
    P.Sewell
    J.Fields
    T.Lance
    J.Chase
    9/12
    T.Lawrence
    P.Sewell
    J.Fields
    J.Chase
    M.Parsons
    9/2
    T.Lawrence
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    G.Rousseau
    M.Parsons
    8/31
    T.Lawrence
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    G.Rousseau
    T.Lance
    8/28
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    G.Rousseau
    J.Chase
    T.Lance
    PFF
    8/19
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    M.Parsons
    T.Lance
    5/14
    C.Stroud
    D.Uiagalelei
    B.Bresee
    D.Sanders
    T.Davis
    5/6
    T.Lawrence
    G.Rousseau
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    J.Fields
    5/5
    T.Lance
    K.Thibodeaux
    D.Stingley
    K.Hamilton
    Z.Harrison
    5/3
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    G.Rousseau
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    5/1
    T.Lawrence
    P.Sewell
    J.Fields
    J.Chase
    G.Rousseau
    4/30
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    T.Lawrence
    G.Rousseau
    J.Ross
    4/29
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    G.Rousseau
    D.Smith
    4/29
    T.Lawrence
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    G.Rousseau
    J.Fields
    4/27
    T.Lawrence
    P.Sewell
    G.Rousseau
    J.Chase
    J.Fields
    4/27
    T.Lawrence
    J.Fields
    P.Sewell
    W.Little
    J.Chase
    4/26
    T.Lawrence
    P.Sewell
    J.Chase
    G.Rousseau
    J.Fields
     
     
     

    Advertisement

    Advertisement








     
     
     







     
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    And I don't have to make sure of shit.

    You prove what you say by linking anything after the 19th that says otherwise.    If there are anything  I guess they are going to say that a sprained thumb is a reason for degrading a person's draft prospect. 

  • And I don't have to make sure of shit.

    You prove what you say by linking anything after the 19th that says otherwise.    If there are anything  I guess they are going to say that a sprained thumb is a reason for degrading a person's draft prospect. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    And I don't have to make sure of shit.

    You prove what you say by linking anything after the 19th that says otherwise.    If there are anything  I guess they are going to say that a sprained thumb is a reason for degrading a person's draft prospect. 

    So none of those links are from the end of this regular season then?  Noted.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And I don't have to make sure of shit.

    You prove what you say by linking anything after the 19th that says otherwise.    If there are anything  I guess they are going to say that a sprained thumb is a reason for degrading a person's draft prospect. 

    So none of those links are from the end of this regular season then?  Noted.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    So none of those links are from the end of this regular season then?  Noted.

    They are just a few that I could  find.   These were what were on Tankathon and Walter football as of right here, right now.  And as you can see some of those links in the database were updated as of the 16th or  17th, which is only 4-5  days ago.    You want something since then....you find them. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Kiper:

    Mel Kiper 2021 NFL Draft Big Board: 

    IDECEMBER 17, 2020

    Here are his top 10 prospects: 

    1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

    2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

    3. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

    4. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

    5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

    6. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

    7. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

    8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

    9. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame

    10. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Todd McShay Mock Draft

    4. CAROLINA PANTHERS - JUSTIN FIELDS, QB - OHIO STATE

  • Kiper:

    Mel Kiper 2021 NFL Draft Big Board: 

    IDECEMBER 17, 2020

    Here are his top 10 prospects: 

    1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

    2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

    3. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

    4. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

    5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

    6. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

    7. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

    8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

    9. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame

    10. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Kiper:

    Mel Kiper 2021 NFL Draft Big Board: 

    IDECEMBER 17, 2020

    Here are his top 10 prospects: 

    1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

    2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

    3. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

    4. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

    5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

    6. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

    7. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

    8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

    9. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame

    10. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

    You're purposefully avoiding anything Saturday or after.  And Mel Kiper?  Please.

    He's a link from 11/5/12.  Before the real pro's started their draft evals on Matt Barkley.   The supposed #1 overall pick bestest,evvaaaaaaaaa

     https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1397384-matt-barkley-still-deserves-to-be-the-no-1-overall-pick-in-the-2013-nfl-draft.amp.html

    Fast forward to the end of bowl season and he sunk like the Edmund Fitz.

    You see my point, yes? 

  • Todd McShay Mock Draft

    4. CAROLINA PANTHERS - JUSTIN FIELDS, QB - OHIO STATE

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Todd McShay Mock Draft

    4. CAROLINA PANTHERS - JUSTIN FIELDS, QB - OHIO STATE

    Sorry... Experts only.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Kiper:

    Mel Kiper 2021 NFL Draft Big Board: 

    IDECEMBER 17, 2020

    Here are his top 10 prospects: 

    1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

    2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

    3. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

    4. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

    5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

    6. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

    7. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

    8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

    9. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame

    10. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

    You're purposefully avoiding anything Saturday or after.  And Mel Kiper?  Please.

    He's a link from 11/5/12.  Before the real pro's started their draft evals on Matt Barkley.   The supposed #1 overall pick bestest,evvaaaaaaaaa

     https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1397384-matt-barkley-still-deserves-to-be-the-no-1-overall-pick-in-the-2013-nfl-draft.amp.html

    Fast forward to the end of bowl season and he sunk like the Edmund Fitz.

    You see my point, yes? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    You're purposefully avoiding anything Saturday or after.  And Mel Kiper?  Please.

    He's a link from 11/5/12.  Before the real pro's started their draft evals on Matt Barkley.   The supposed #1 overall pick bestest,evvaaaaaaaaa

     https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1397384-matt-barkley-still-deserves-to-be-the-no-1-overall-pick-in-the-2013-nfl-draft.amp.html

    Fast forward to the end of bowl season and he sunk like the Edmund Fitz.

    You see my point, yes? 

    Whatever point you are making is irrelevant.    You are saying that often people taking highly in the draft, particularly QBs don't often work out. 

    So what?  That has fuck all to do with what we are talking about.   We are talking about how Fields is perceived at THIS point.  Not how he will do once he gets to the pros. 

    Lots of "can't miss"  QB prospects missed.   For all we know, Trevor Lawrence could turn out to  be shite or mediocre when gets to the pros. 

    The question is:  how are the professional prognosticators viewing Fields now. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Todd McShay Mock Draft

    4. CAROLINA PANTHERS - JUSTIN FIELDS, QB - OHIO STATE

    Sorry... Experts only.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Sorry... Experts only.

    You can disparage any or  all these guys all you want.  These are the guys getting paid to do that job, and you are not.  That includes the dozens linked in the database.  YOU have not listed a single site contradicting what I have put on here.....nor posted anything updated since...oh, just this past Thursday. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're purposefully avoiding anything Saturday or after.  And Mel Kiper?  Please.

    He's a link from 11/5/12.  Before the real pro's started their draft evals on Matt Barkley.   The supposed #1 overall pick bestest,evvaaaaaaaaa

     https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1397384-matt-barkley-still-deserves-to-be-the-no-1-overall-pick-in-the-2013-nfl-draft.amp.html

    Fast forward to the end of bowl season and he sunk like the Edmund Fitz.

    You see my point, yes? 

    Whatever point you are making is irrelevant.    You are saying that often people taking highly in the draft, particularly QBs don't often work out. 

    So what?  That has fuck all to do with what we are talking about.   We are talking about how Fields is perceived at THIS point.  Not how he will do once he gets to the pros. 

    Lots of "can't miss"  QB prospects missed.   For all we know, Trevor Lawrence could turn out to  be shite or mediocre when gets to the pros. 

    The question is:  how are the professional prognosticators viewing Fields now. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Whatever point you are making is irrelevant.    You are saying that often people taking highly in the draft, particularly QBs don't often work out. 

    So what?  That has fuck all to do with what we are talking about.   We are talking about how Fields is perceived at THIS point.  Not how he will do once he gets to the pros. 

    Lots of "can't miss"  QB prospects missed.   For all we know, Trevor Lawrence could turn out to  be shite or mediocre when gets to the pros. 

    The question is:  how are the professional prognosticators viewing Fields now. 

    No, that's not the point I'm making.  My point is, how a player is viewed is one thing. How they are evaluated, especially after one big game... Is another.  I'm giving an example of a hyped 1st round pick, that one game set-off a reaction of digging further into the details.

    And the truth is, most everyone you linked won't be doing their actual due-diligence until the bowl season is over.

    I'm simply getting ahead of them by saying, I expect Fields to slide. I genuinely believe I have a pulse on things other football minds have, or will soon see for themselves.  I've seen the same flaws that date back to last year's B1G title game with little to no improvement.    Fuck sake, this is my QB and between the two of us, I'm likely the only one who has actually attended tOSU.  So you'd think I would be over-the-moon homer on this, no?  Use some logic.   Do you not honestly think that Fields non-improvement as a passer is going to be a secret much longer?   Only takes one day - one game, for that perception to begin to change.

    You've shown no proof of that since his debacle v NU.  Only articles before that.  So fuck off until the draft or until we see further evidence of a slide should Justin play spotty against Clemson.  (Even then, the NU game will be enough) 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Literally top results on Google.

    You don't want anything other than what you like to hear.  You're Cal, but on the football side.

    Screenshot_2020-12-21-13-07-09-1.png

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    Fields has good tape and bad tape this year.  Probably two games where he would want to burn 6 quarters of tape. 

    He’s made professional throws and decisions throughout the Nebraska and PSU game.  There was one point in the year I believe after 3 games he had more TD passes than he had incompletions. 
     

    I believe many of his problems this season stem from making up for lost time - wanting to get in the heisman picture knowing  that he only had 7-8 games to get there.  Forcing the issue at times not playing a relaxed brand of football that he played in 2019.  The other issue outright refusal of checking it down and forcing action downfield.  Holding the ball waiting for downfield action to develop
     

    He’s going to wow some teams during the draft process others will covet Lawrence.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Whatever point you are making is irrelevant.    You are saying that often people taking highly in the draft, particularly QBs don't often work out. 

    So what?  That has fuck all to do with what we are talking about.   We are talking about how Fields is perceived at THIS point.  Not how he will do once he gets to the pros. 

    Lots of "can't miss"  QB prospects missed.   For all we know, Trevor Lawrence could turn out to  be shite or mediocre when gets to the pros. 

    The question is:  how are the professional prognosticators viewing Fields now. 

    No, that's not the point I'm making.  My point is, how a player is viewed is one thing. How they are evaluated, especially after one big game... Is another.  I'm giving an example of a hyped 1st round pick, that one game set-off a reaction of digging further into the details.

    And the truth is, most everyone you linked won't be doing their actual due-diligence until the bowl season is over.

    I'm simply getting ahead of them by saying, I expect Fields to slide. I genuinely believe I have a pulse on things other football minds have, or will soon see for themselves.  I've seen the same flaws that date back to last year's B1G title game with little to no improvement.    Fuck sake, this is my QB and between the two of us, I'm likely the only one who has actually attended tOSU.  So you'd think I would be over-the-moon homer on this, no?  Use some logic.   Do you not honestly think that Fields non-improvement as a passer is going to be a secret much longer?   Only takes one day - one game, for that perception to begin to change.

    You've shown no proof of that since his debacle v NU.  Only articles before that.  So fuck off until the draft or until we see further evidence of a slide should Justin play spotty against Clemson.  (Even then, the NU game will be enough) 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    No, that's not the point I'm making.  My point is, how a player is viewed is one thing. How they are evaluated, especially after one big game... Is another.  I'm giving an example of a hyped 1st round pick, that one game set-off a reaction of digging further into the details.

    So, you are saying that there are fools out that base their entire evaluation on one game?  Be it a bad game of a good game?  Most operative term: foolish.

    And the truth is, most everyone you linked won't be doing their actual due-diligence until the bowl season is over.

    I understand that...be we are talking about the here and the now. Right here, right now, he is a Top 5 pick. 

    I'm simply getting ahead of them by saying, I expect Fields to slide.

    Well, I expect to be able to bed Kaley Cuocco...so you see I have my fantasies as well. 

    I genuinely believe I have a pulse on things other football minds have, or will soon see for themselves.  I've seen the same flaws that date back to last year's B1G title game with little to no improvement. 

    I think the pulse you are feeling may just be a blood clot.  Nevertheless....I am not so certain that the expert feel the same way you do.  If they did....then explain why every single one of them still has him ranked in The Top 5 prospects. 

      Fuck sake, this is my QB and between the two of us, I'm likely the only one who has actually attended tOSU.  So you'd think I would be over-the-moon homer on this, no?  Use some logic.   Do you not honestly think that Fields non-improvement as a passer is going to be a secret much longer?   Only takes one day - one game, for that perception to begin to change.

    I am using logic. Absolutely.  My logic says this:   I am looking at a whole field of draft expert out there who still say Fields is  a top 5 choice.  And then there is Tia...who thinks he is an amateur expert on this.   And who thinks that one bad game by a QB with a sprained thumb is going to change the mind of all the professional experts.    YOU tell me what logic would dictate?   Its like saying....all the science experts say that injecting bleach would be bad, but because Donald Trump thinks it might be good...let's believe Trump?   Sorry, I respect your opinion (more than I do Trump's) ....but I am not a cult follower of yours and I am not going to be injecting your bleach just yet. 

    You've shown no proof of that since his debacle v NU.  Only articles before that.  So fuck off until the draft or until we see further evidence of a slide should Justin play spotty against Clemson.  (Even then, the NU game will be enough) 

    YOU are the one that need to fuck off until the draft....or at least until we see further evidence that the NFL team's professional scouts think like you..if ever. 

    (besides...what is it about a FUCKING sprained wrist you don't comprehend?).  By rights, Fields should have been taken out of that game with that injury.  As it was, they just kept him in for his leadership, apparently for all he needed to do was to hand the ball off to Sermon)

  • Literally top results on Google.

    You don't want anything other than what you like to hear.  You're Cal, but on the football side.

    Screenshot_2020-12-21-13-07-09-1.png

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Literally top results on Google.

    You don't want anything other than what you like to hear.  You're Cal, but on the football side.

    Screenshot_2020-12-21-13-07-09-1.png

    Sure, like the ignorant Colin Cowherd,  guys are going to give a  reaction to one bad game where a guy had a sprained wrist. 

    Like I said, time will tell. 

    Oh, look Adrian Peterson tore up a knew...so much for his career......what was that?  10 years ago, and he is still playing. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Your expectations are based in fantasy, mine are reality. And a demonstration that I'm pretty good at what I do.  

    Like I said, I googled Justin Fields and those were the top 2 results. So you HAD to ignore them just to try and prove your point.

    Clowns to go the ignore list, Gip. We'll talk after bowl season.

  • Fields has good tape and bad tape this year.  Probably two games where he would want to burn 6 quarters of tape. 

    He’s made professional throws and decisions throughout the Nebraska and PSU game.  There was one point in the year I believe after 3 games he had more TD passes than he had incompletions. 
     

    I believe many of his problems this season stem from making up for lost time - wanting to get in the heisman picture knowing  that he only had 7-8 games to get there.  Forcing the issue at times not playing a relaxed brand of football that he played in 2019.  The other issue outright refusal of checking it down and forcing action downfield.  Holding the ball waiting for downfield action to develop
     

    He’s going to wow some teams during the draft process others will covet Lawrence.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Fields has good tape and bad tape this year.  Probably two games where he would want to burn 6 quarters of tape. 

    He’s made professional throws and decisions throughout the Nebraska and PSU game.  There was one point in the year I believe after 3 games he had more TD passes than he had incompletions. 
     

    I believe many of his problems this season stem from making up for lost time - wanting to get in the heisman picture knowing  that he only had 7-8 games to get there.  Forcing the issue at times not playing a relaxed brand of football that he played in 2019.  The other issue outright refusal of checking it down and forcing action downfield.  Holding the ball waiting for downfield action to develop
     

    He’s going to wow some teams during the draft process others will covet Lawrence.  

    Lawrence WILL be the #1 pick.  No one would ever deny that.  Claim is that he is best prospect since Andrew Luck.