The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread
-
It was to the Post (supposed to be) UNLESS Fields scrambled out of the pocket. He didn’t. Interviews all over the place confirmed that.
Anyway a tough INT. Not uncharacteristically awful INT for a first year starter but obviously devastating given the circumstance.
I'm petty.
JF kept "drifting" away from the center at this point, he reads the low hole drop shallow but instead of throwing to a spot and trusting his receiver, he waits for Olave to cross the face of the safety while moving his feet and drifting. He's got the window now, so set your feet and deliver.
This screenshot is when that ball should have been gone. That's an NFL throw, not "I'll throw it when it looks open". A "I see the window developing" anticipation throw.
Interviews can say all they want and good teammates won't throw each other under the bus. Leaders don't do that. Fortunately for me, I'm not on the team so I can call it as it is.
I'll get back with you on Chazz in 30.
P.S. since I have you boys here, why is there no Browns Board discord?
I'm petty.
JF kept "drifting" away from the center at this point, he reads the low hole drop shallow but instead of throwing to a spot and trusting his receiver, he waits for Olave to cross the face of the safety while moving his feet and drifting. He's got the window now, so set your feet and deliver.
This screenshot is when that ball should have been gone. That's an NFL throw, not "I'll throw it when it looks open". A "I see the window developing" anticipation throw.
Interviews can say all they want and good teammates won't throw each other under the bus. Leaders don't do that. Fortunately for me, I'm not on the team so I can call it as it is.
I'll get back with you on Chazz in 30.
P.S. since I have you boys here, why is there no Browns Board discord?
That's over in "the other" section.?
-
I'm petty.
JF kept "drifting" away from the center at this point, he reads the low hole drop shallow but instead of throwing to a spot and trusting his receiver, he waits for Olave to cross the face of the safety while moving his feet and drifting. He's got the window now, so set your feet and deliver.
This screenshot is when that ball should have been gone. That's an NFL throw, not "I'll throw it when it looks open". A "I see the window developing" anticipation throw.
Interviews can say all they want and good teammates won't throw each other under the bus. Leaders don't do that. Fortunately for me, I'm not on the team so I can call it as it is.
I'll get back with you on Chazz in 30.
P.S. since I have you boys here, why is there no Browns Board discord?
That's over in "the other" section.?
That's over in "the other" section.?
I'm too sober to deal with that.
-
I think PFF's OL grading is pretty good... at least that was my experience when once-upon-a-time I graded our OL. And, yes, Glasgow is a building block. Really liked him when a scouted him a few drafts ago.
Your QB question is a good one.
My answer is: Yes... until a better one comes along. Goes with my philosophy of you always need to be looking for your next QB. Only the intensity (and price you are willing to pay) vary.
It's why you take a Day 3 QB (or sign a UDFA) close to every year. There's almost always a "dark-horse" out there who has a shot. It's how NE came across TB12. It's like panning for gold.
It's why a Philly spends a 2nd on a Hurts when they have a Wentz.
Even explains a team taking two QBs in the same draft (WSH 2012... RG3 and Cousins).
Exactly. So I guess my point ends up coming back around on itself.
I don't believe Lock is their "long term" answer at this point. And outside of center, Denver's oline is pretty good. However I think it would be stupid for them to end up taking the 3rd or 4th QB in this draft (possibly Fields) because that really doesn't strike me as a winning strategy. At which point when Lawrence is picked #1, teams will have to basically convince themselves they love the next guy. How many times have we see this in the last decade alone? Gabbert, Bortles, Weeden, Manziel, Lynch, etc etc.
Exactly. So I guess my point ends up coming back around on itself.
I don't believe Lock is their "long term" answer at this point. And outside of center, Denver's oline is pretty good. However I think it would be stupid for them to end up taking the 3rd or 4th QB in this draft (possibly Fields) because that really doesn't strike me as a winning strategy. At which point when Lawrence is picked #1, teams will have to basically convince themselves they love the next guy. How many times have we see this in the last decade alone? Gabbert, Bortles, Weeden, Manziel, Lynch, etc etc.
Well, here are some guys that were "the next guy"...or the next guy after that
Lamar Jackson
Pat Mahomes
DeShaun
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roesthlisberger
Drew Brees
Brett Favre.
The next guy can be THE guy.
-
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Wade is out of the 1st barring some dumb move by a GM or destroying the combine and convincing scouts it the coaches fault at tOSU.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
-
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Wade is out of the 1st barring some dumb move by a GM or destroying the combine and convincing scouts it the coaches fault at tOSU.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
Well it appeared to me that the Heisman Trophy winner got knocked out of the game by a similar throw from Bama's QB. Fair to say?
-
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
Well it appeared to me that the Heisman Trophy winner got knocked out of the game by a similar throw from Bama's QB. Fair to say?
Well it appeared to me that the Heisman Trophy winner got knocked out of the game by a similar throw from Bama's QB. Fair to say?
I was too fucked up to recall that specifically and I'm too hungover now to care at this moment. I'll come back to this later when I'm of sound mind and body.
-
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Wade is out of the 1st barring some dumb move by a GM or destroying the combine and convincing scouts it the coaches fault at tOSU.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Wade is out of the 1st barring some dumb move by a GM or destroying the combine and convincing scouts it the coaches fault at tOSU.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
- First time I can remember seeing my HS's old 4-4-3 in a college game. WTF was up with that? For that reason only do I give Wade a shot scouts mitigate the damage down to his status.
- Seemed like only Buckeye defender that might have helped himself was Werner. Harrison did not hurt himself.
O-side?
- No telling the damage his injury did to Wyatt Davis' stock. Kid was being bandied about as a 1st rounder. And while not expected to come out in 2021, Josh Meyers did himself no favors.
- Olave is solid. Farrell may have helped himself the most throughout the playoffs.
-
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
Well it appeared to me that the Heisman Trophy winner got knocked out of the game by a similar throw from Bama's QB. Fair to say?
Well it appeared to me that the Heisman Trophy winner got knocked out of the game by a similar throw from Bama's QB. Fair to say?
He certainly led him that way, but it was the bobbling of the catch that kept Smith from avoiding, or at least preparing for, Werner's hit... which really wasn't all that vicious.
I think Smith's hand/finger just got bent the wrong way in the pancake that followed.
-
When you have a question about a sports injury,
is usually pretty good. -
When you have a question about a sports injury,
is usually pretty good.When you have a question about a sports injury,
is usually pretty good.Thanks... I've seen that before. Good speculation, but it is just that.
One thing I use, even tho info is limited unless you pay, is https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/ The site uses past injury histories to project durability.
I look at the histories of FAs and potential draft picks.The cost part involves the projections for season-long, $$$'s will change hands, FF leagues.
-
-
Not that any of this is realistic, but I like that trades have been disabled. Too many people make trades like it is some fantasy game. At least this way you get stuck with who is available, much like a real draft. It doesn't become plucking all the premium players or all OSU players.
-
Here's the 7-rounder I did at DraftNetwork.. Interesting to see the 6'6 WR available in the 7th and Cisco sitting there in the 3rd
26. Nick Bolton LB, Missouri
58. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
89. Andre Cisco S, Syracuse
91. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State
110. Jordan Smith EDGE, UAB
130. DJ Daniel CB, Georgia
168. Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR, Iowa
206. Rachad Wildgoose Jr. CB, Wisconsin
250. Warren Jackson WR, Colorado State -
I saw another mock that had Patrick Jones II as the Browns #26 overall pick. I'm curious to where most draft sites have him.
-
Here's the 7-rounder I did at DraftNetwork.. Interesting to see the 6'6 WR available in the 7th and Cisco sitting there in the 3rd
26. Nick Bolton LB, Missouri
58. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
89. Andre Cisco S, Syracuse
91. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State
110. Jordan Smith EDGE, UAB
130. DJ Daniel CB, Georgia
168. Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR, Iowa
206. Rachad Wildgoose Jr. CB, Wisconsin
250. Warren Jackson WR, Colorado StateHere's the 7-rounder I did at DraftNetwork.. Interesting to see the 6'6 WR available in the 7th and Cisco sitting there in the 3rd
26. Nick Bolton LB, Missouri
58. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
89. Andre Cisco S, Syracuse
91. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State
110. Jordan Smith EDGE, UAB
130. DJ Daniel CB, Georgia
168. Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR, Iowa
206. Rachad Wildgoose Jr. CB, Wisconsin
250. Warren Jackson WR, Colorado StateWatched two games of Cisco. If he's the #1 safety in this class, then I don't want to see the rest.
-
Here's the 7-rounder I did at DraftNetwork.. Interesting to see the 6'6 WR available in the 7th and Cisco sitting there in the 3rd
26. Nick Bolton LB, Missouri
58. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
89. Andre Cisco S, Syracuse
91. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State
110. Jordan Smith EDGE, UAB
130. DJ Daniel CB, Georgia
168. Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR, Iowa
206. Rachad Wildgoose Jr. CB, Wisconsin
250. Warren Jackson WR, Colorado StateWatched two games of Cisco. If he's the #1 safety in this class, then I don't want to see the rest.
Watched two games of Cisco. If he's the #1 safety in this class, then I don't want to see the rest.
Did i read somewhere in a thread, that you watched the better Cuse player that maybe a fit? https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ifeatu-melifonwu/yjuBjN1Blt i looked back but can't find it..thanks.... hope is.. is to take Claypool's size & speed away
-
Watched two games of Cisco. If he's the #1 safety in this class, then I don't want to see the rest.
Did i read somewhere in a thread, that you watched the better Cuse player that maybe a fit? https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ifeatu-melifonwu/yjuBjN1Blt i looked back but can't find it..thanks.... hope is.. is to take Claypool's size & speed away
Did i read somewhere in a thread, that you watched the better Cuse player that maybe a fit? https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ifeatu-melifonwu/yjuBjN1Blt i looked back but can't find it..thanks.... hope is.. is to take Claypool's size & speed away
No, I haven't. You're thinking of @calfoxwc reference to Owawu (spell check) from ND.
I'm going through DB's I like first. I'm still wrapping up Kary Vincent. At the urging of a friend who texted me, I'll be moving on to Cal's boy 2nd in my viewings.
-
I saw another mock that had Patrick Jones II as the Browns #26 overall pick. I'm curious to where most draft sites have him.
I saw another mock that had Patrick Jones II as the Browns #26 overall pick. I'm curious to where most draft sites have him.
The ACC has 4 very good DE's... The U's Rousseau, I'd be very shocked if he's still hanging around after pick 15.. Clemson's DE Xavier Thomas fits more of a 3-4 scheme..
The 2 left that scheme well to us would be Pitt's Patrick Jones II.. Than Wake Forest DE Carlos 'boogie' Basham jr.
Both bring 6'5 frames..Basham brings straight-line 275lbs/ Jones is a leaner 260, with multi pass rushing moves..
Imho acc viewing opinion...
Most of Patrick Jones snaps have come from Garrett's side..He's never been asked to standup at the LOS to play at Pitt...
Boogie Basham has gametape of playing both DE sides, including lining him up as a interior rusher player as a rover DT..
both these 2 cats ^^ can straight up play with huge motors that burr thru 4 quarters..
-
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Wade is out of the 1st barring some dumb move by a GM or destroying the combine and convincing scouts it the coaches fault at tOSU.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Wade is out of the 1st barring some dumb move by a GM or destroying the combine and convincing scouts it the coaches fault at tOSU.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
I agree. I don't usually watch much OSU football anymore. Every time they play, there is almost a more interesting game to watch.
I had heard much about Wade. I know one game probably doesn't tell the whole story, but the guy looked extremely slow for a touted top level corner.
-
Here's the 7-rounder I did at DraftNetwork.. Interesting to see the 6'6 WR available in the 7th and Cisco sitting there in the 3rd
26. Nick Bolton LB, Missouri
58. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
89. Andre Cisco S, Syracuse
91. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State
110. Jordan Smith EDGE, UAB
130. DJ Daniel CB, Georgia
168. Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR, Iowa
206. Rachad Wildgoose Jr. CB, Wisconsin
250. Warren Jackson WR, Colorado StateWatched two games of Cisco. If he's the #1 safety in this class, then I don't want to see the rest.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
