The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread
-
I thought you were two decades old tia.??
Thrice now, bubs. I'm expecting the reality of knee pain hell to set in at any moment.
-
I thought you were two decades old tia.??
Thrice now, bubs. I'm expecting the reality of knee pain hell to set in at any moment.
Thrice now, bubs. I'm expecting the reality of knee pain hell to set in at any moment.
I just turned 31 and got an MRI recently from a bowling throw gone wrong. Life comes fast, man.
I'm with you on what I hope the Browns draft strategy is 110%. No matter how you slice it in thinking of scheme, the Browns need EDGE rush help outside Myles and back 7 help. No way Vernon comes back with the injury he had, would be shocked if he plays at all again really. I actually really didn't think our DB depth played bad at all, considering how thrust some dudes were into starting roles. On top of that, we have non-significant capital invested in Greedy and Delpit. I really hope we're targeting a DE/OL prospect, that was the Achilles heel to me more than anything on the defensive side. Who that should be and who may available though I genuinely have NO clue about.
-
Currently, does GM Andrew Berry not place any value on the linebacker position? And if that statement is true, one has to wonder why would they spend a valuable first-round draft pick on one.
Historically, what have the Browns done? 2013 was the last time Cleveland took a linebacker in the first-round when they selected Barkevious Mingo of LSU with the sixth overall pick. Before that, it was Craig Powell (1995), Clifford Charlton (1988), Mike Junkin (1987), Chip Banks (1982), Future Hall of Famer Clay Matthews (1978), Robert Jackson (1977), Bob Matheson (1967) and Jim Houston (1960).
What was used most often? The 4-2-5. A whooping 721 snaps for 66.9%. And get this – the remainder of snaps was in a 4-1-6 alignment.
With this in mind, the emphasis is squaring on the pass rush and the defensive backfield.
In the 4-2-5 alignment, the linebackers are used as the Mike (middle) and Sam (strongside) and eliminates the Will (weakside) entirely. The Mike’s duties are to plug the B-gap in running situations or as an occasional blitzer. Typically, the Mike is more of a Sam linebacker plugged into the center of the defense with some quickness and the ability to make adjustments. The other linebacker can be a converted strong safety with some girth and not an actual LB at all. This player will have coverage responsibilities such as the tight end or slot receiver.
With the 4-2-5, on the field personnel requires only one actual linebacker. With this in mind, why would you spend big money on him?
The short answer is: the Browns don’t.
As an example, look at former Browns ILB Joe Schobert. This season in Jacksonville, he was fifth in total tackles in the NFL with 141, just 30 tackles from being the league-leader. Goodson led all Cleveland defenders in total tackles with 91, ranked 57th.
While with the Browns, Schobert, a fourth-round pick of Cleveland in 2016, had 133 tackles in 2019 (ranked 11th), 103 in 2018 (35th), and led the league in 2017 with 144. Yes, he also missed tackles, but yet despite his numbers when his rookie contract was up and he was due a big payday, they allowed him to sign elsewhere in free agency. In short, the cheap productive linebacker suddenly became too expensive to keep.
Not that Cleveland’s defensive schemes doesn’t want linebackers who aren’t good tacklers and develop production. But the numbers indicate the defense needs serviceable LB’s who don’t require a swollen paycheck and can still do the job.
-
Reading this article in DBN suggests LB won't be our first or second round pick due to our actual alignments not looking at a "4-3".. Certainly could be with whoever's left in the 3rd, but not high.
Ya may not like it?.. But, don't fail to read this link ^^^ ...It's a Joe Wood's style defense under draft construction..
Are we really down with this 4-2-5 setup as the primary defense?
From Link...
Under DC Joe Woods, the Browns play a 4-3 defense. Or do they?
In looking at this season’s defensive personnel groupings, the 4-3 was utilized only 267 snaps. That correlates to just 24.8% of defensive plays.
What was used most often? The 4-2-5. A whooping 721 snaps for 66.9%. And get this – the remainder of snaps was in a 4-1-6 alignment.
With this in mind, the emphasis is squaring on the *pass rush and the *defensive backfield.
In the 4-2-5 alignment, the linebackers are used as the Mike (middle) and Sam (strongside) and eliminates the Will (weakside) entirely. The Mike’s duties are to plug the B-gap in running situations or as an occasional blitzer. Typically, the Mike is more of a Sam linebacker plugged into the center of the defense with some quickness and the ability to make adjustments. The other linebacker can be a converted strong safety with some girth and not an actual LB at all. This player will have coverage responsibilities such as the tight end or slot receiver.
With the 4-2-5, on the field personnel requires only one actual linebacker. With this in mind, why would you spend big money on him?
See Gipper...it's ok to open links & read them ?
Ya may not like it?.. But, don't fail to read this link ^^^ ...It's a Joe Wood's style defense under draft construction..
From Link...
Under DC Joe Woods, the Browns play a 4-3 defense. Or do they?
In looking at this season’s defensive personnel groupings, the 4-3 was utilized only 267 snaps. That correlates to just 24.8% of defensive plays.
What was used most often? The 4-2-5. A whooping 721 snaps for 66.9%. And get this – the remainder of snaps was in a 4-1-6 alignment.
With this in mind, the emphasis is squaring on the *pass rush and the *defensive backfield.
In the 4-2-5 alignment, the linebackers are used as the Mike (middle) and Sam (strongside) and eliminates the Will (weakside) entirely. The Mike’s duties are to plug the B-gap in running situations or as an occasional blitzer. Typically, the Mike is more of a Sam linebacker plugged into the center of the defense with some quickness and the ability to make adjustments. The other linebacker can be a converted strong safety with some girth and not an actual LB at all. This player will have coverage responsibilities such as the tight end or slot receiver.
With the 4-2-5, on the field personnel requires only one actual linebacker. With this in mind, why would you spend big money on him?
See Gipper...it's ok to open links & read them ?
I didn't see your post before I copy and posted.
-
I thought Woods ran a stay and pray Defense.
Let Myles go and everyone else Hunkers down and hopes for an errant pass or make a tackle after allowing a reception
-
Thrice now, bubs. I'm expecting the reality of knee pain hell to set in at any moment.
I just turned 31 and got an MRI recently from a bowling throw gone wrong. Life comes fast, man.
I'm with you on what I hope the Browns draft strategy is 110%. No matter how you slice it in thinking of scheme, the Browns need EDGE rush help outside Myles and back 7 help. No way Vernon comes back with the injury he had, would be shocked if he plays at all again really. I actually really didn't think our DB depth played bad at all, considering how thrust some dudes were into starting roles. On top of that, we have non-significant capital invested in Greedy and Delpit. I really hope we're targeting a DE/OL prospect, that was the Achilles heel to me more than anything on the defensive side. Who that should be and who may available though I genuinely have NO clue about.
I just turned 31 and got an MRI recently from a bowling throw gone wrong. Life comes fast, man.
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.
-
I just turned 31 and got an MRI recently from a bowling throw gone wrong. Life comes fast, man.
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.

-
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.


"Ain't quite there yet, but I'm getting better at it"
-
I thought you were two decades old tia.??
Thrice now, bubs. I'm expecting the reality of knee pain hell to set in at any moment.
-
I just turned 31 and got an MRI recently from a bowling throw gone wrong. Life comes fast, man.
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.
For sure, man. I have a 13, almost 14 month old now and my wife and I (who is about to turn 31) remark on the cool journey we'll be able to tell her. We truly are the last generation to have any memory of a world that didn't revolve around screens. I VIVIDLY remember getting our first dial up computer at 10 years old, and our first family cell phone at 13. Now, my kiddo damn near knows how to work an Ipad at a year old.
I hear that, didn't hit up my high school reunion but being friends with a lot of them on facebook, I turned out alright. Just vibin and listening to Goo Goo Dolls haha.

I, quite literally, told kids to get off my lawn 3 days ago. To be fair they were being shits and breaking sprinklers but still.
-
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.
For sure, man. I have a 13, almost 14 month old now and my wife and I (who is about to turn 31) remark on the cool journey we'll be able to tell her. We truly are the last generation to have any memory of a world that didn't revolve around screens. I VIVIDLY remember getting our first dial up computer at 10 years old, and our first family cell phone at 13. Now, my kiddo damn near knows how to work an Ipad at a year old.
I hear that, didn't hit up my high school reunion but being friends with a lot of them on facebook, I turned out alright. Just vibin and listening to Goo Goo Dolls haha.

I, quite literally, told kids to get off my lawn 3 days ago. To be fair they were being shits and breaking sprinklers but still.
For sure, man. I have a 13, almost 14 month old now and my wife and I (who is about to turn 31) remark on the cool journey we'll be able to tell her. We truly are the last generation to have any memory of a world that didn't revolve around screens. I VIVIDLY remember getting our first dial up computer at 10 years old, and our first family cell phone at 13. Now, my kiddo damn near knows how to work an Ipad at a year old.
I hear that, didn't hit up my high school reunion but being friends with a lot of them on facebook, I turned out alright. Just vibin and listening to Goo Goo Dolls haha.
I, quite literally, told kids to get off my lawn 3 days ago. To be fair they were being shits and breaking sprinklers but still.
I remember telling my parents to not use the phone because I was playing Diablo II online with friends.
And getting home from school to hop on AIM
good times
-
I remember getting a PC XT and being late to dinner because I was playing Commando.
I built my undergrad computer by myself from parts out of the Computer Shopper magazine and kept printouts of the config.sys and autoexec.bat files to use when the hard drive needed to be reformatted.
-
I remember getting a PC XT and being late to dinner because I was playing Commando.
I built my undergrad computer by myself from parts out of the Computer Shopper magazine and kept printouts of the config.sys and autoexec.bat files to use when the hard drive needed to be reformatted.
I remember getting a PC XT and being late to dinner because I was playing Commando.
I built my undergrad computer by myself from parts out of the Computer Shopper magazine and kept printouts of the config.sys and autoexec.bat files to use when the hard drive needed to be reformatted.
Nerd.
-
I'm the president of the club, and also a client!
-
I remember buying a radio shack TRS-80, lol, I think it had an 8086 processor.... and the sales kid said I had to buy a $400 monitor to go with it.
I said, No, I don't, i'm good. He said I didn't know what I was talking about, it had to have that radio shack monitor.
So, I left with the computer, no monitor after finding out his first name. The kid wasn't happy. lol
So, I went home, took an RF adapter, hooked it up to my Sony TV, and I was in business.
I actually went back to the radio shack, and sat down at their computer while the one same kid was busy with another customer,
got into the autoexec.bat file, and added some programming that scrolled across the screen "(kid's name" doesn't know what he's talking about, see the manager, you can use an RF modulator and use your TV". Two days later, it was still scrolling across the screen, but the third day, I guess they hired somebody to fix it. I was taking college programming classes at the time.....
-
I remember having to use punch card computers at Akron U:

-
yep, me too. I really was good at programming, and typing fast. Other students kept having their programs blow
up, and every so often, they'd give up, and throw their stack of IBM cards into the far wall, and cards would flutter all through
the room like big butterflies. lol
-
^^^^^^^ Gip's above links.
Walter 1. #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah OLB, Notre Dame
Walter 2. #26 Carlos Basham, DE/DT, Wake Forest
CBS:Edwards #26 Jayson Oweh EDGE Penn State
Sport's Banks #26 Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama
Alpha #26 NICK BOLTON - LB - MISSOURI
San Diego #26 Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
CBS:Trapasso #26 Azeez Ojulari LB, Georgia
Draftek #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame OLB
Riggo's Rag #26 Zaven Collins LB Tulsa
Big Lead #26 Zaven Collins LB Tulsa
Game Haus #26 Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
CBS: Wilson #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame
Draft ID #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah | Notre Dame, LB
Draft Blaster #26 Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami
Tankathon #26 Joseph Ossai OLB Texas
Walter 2022 #2 DeMarvin Leal DE Texas A&M - LOLOLOLOLOL (you put it there Gip-so I had to).?
Football Nick #26 Jaelan Phillips DE Miami-Fl
Spts Gaming #26 Carlos Basham,jr. DE Wake Fores
NDB #26 Jevon Holland, Safety, Oregon
Draft Blitz #26 LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (Notre Dame)
Spin Zone #26 Jaelan Phillips DE Miami-Fl
MDB Mecca #26 Kadarius Toney, Wide Receiver, Florida
EDS #26 Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
Fueled BS #26 Kadarius Toney WR Florida
MDB kkunert #26 Eric Stokes CB Georgia
Draft Room #26 Jay Tufele (DT) – USC
Sports Naut #26 Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
NFL Mocks #26 Rashod BatemanWR Minnesota
Fox #23 Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas (trade)
Loaded #23 Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas (trade)
Fanspot #23 DE Patrick Jones (Pittsburgh) (trade)
Overreaction #23 Carlos Basham, 3-4DE, Wake Fores (trade)
SBNation #23 Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri (trade)
MDB:Pressley #22 Shaun Wade, Cornerback, Ohio State (trade) -Note : tia's favorite. LOL!
above links.
Where's the tally?

-
-
Cranked up First-Pick's trade-crazy sim for the 1st time... seems to have settled down some, especially in the early rounds.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login