The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread
-
Thrice now, bubs. I'm expecting the reality of knee pain hell to set in at any moment.
I just turned 31 and got an MRI recently from a bowling throw gone wrong. Life comes fast, man.
I'm with you on what I hope the Browns draft strategy is 110%. No matter how you slice it in thinking of scheme, the Browns need EDGE rush help outside Myles and back 7 help. No way Vernon comes back with the injury he had, would be shocked if he plays at all again really. I actually really didn't think our DB depth played bad at all, considering how thrust some dudes were into starting roles. On top of that, we have non-significant capital invested in Greedy and Delpit. I really hope we're targeting a DE/OL prospect, that was the Achilles heel to me more than anything on the defensive side. Who that should be and who may available though I genuinely have NO clue about.
I just turned 31 and got an MRI recently from a bowling throw gone wrong. Life comes fast, man.
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.
-
I just turned 31 and got an MRI recently from a bowling throw gone wrong. Life comes fast, man.
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.

-
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.


"Ain't quite there yet, but I'm getting better at it"
-
I thought you were two decades old tia.??
Thrice now, bubs. I'm expecting the reality of knee pain hell to set in at any moment.
-
I just turned 31 and got an MRI recently from a bowling throw gone wrong. Life comes fast, man.
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.
For sure, man. I have a 13, almost 14 month old now and my wife and I (who is about to turn 31) remark on the cool journey we'll be able to tell her. We truly are the last generation to have any memory of a world that didn't revolve around screens. I VIVIDLY remember getting our first dial up computer at 10 years old, and our first family cell phone at 13. Now, my kiddo damn near knows how to work an Ipad at a year old.
I hear that, didn't hit up my high school reunion but being friends with a lot of them on facebook, I turned out alright. Just vibin and listening to Goo Goo Dolls haha.

I, quite literally, told kids to get off my lawn 3 days ago. To be fair they were being shits and breaking sprinklers but still.
-
First off - oof.
It's kind of trippy in a way, being the absolute dead last of the 80's babies. I went from growing up throughout the 90's and all the wonderful things then, seeing the earliest days of a lot of modern conveniences.... ( having myspace and my razr when I was 17) Now to having a smart phone and the endless apps for seemingly every little last thing imaginable.
Yes, life does come fast. I'm very thankful I've been able to keep myself in such great health. It was also hilariously eye opening making it to my 10 year high school reunion and being one of the few people there who didn't get fat. I very much enjoyed that part. And don't even get me started on what has happened to mainstream music.
For sure, man. I have a 13, almost 14 month old now and my wife and I (who is about to turn 31) remark on the cool journey we'll be able to tell her. We truly are the last generation to have any memory of a world that didn't revolve around screens. I VIVIDLY remember getting our first dial up computer at 10 years old, and our first family cell phone at 13. Now, my kiddo damn near knows how to work an Ipad at a year old.
I hear that, didn't hit up my high school reunion but being friends with a lot of them on facebook, I turned out alright. Just vibin and listening to Goo Goo Dolls haha.

I, quite literally, told kids to get off my lawn 3 days ago. To be fair they were being shits and breaking sprinklers but still.
For sure, man. I have a 13, almost 14 month old now and my wife and I (who is about to turn 31) remark on the cool journey we'll be able to tell her. We truly are the last generation to have any memory of a world that didn't revolve around screens. I VIVIDLY remember getting our first dial up computer at 10 years old, and our first family cell phone at 13. Now, my kiddo damn near knows how to work an Ipad at a year old.
I hear that, didn't hit up my high school reunion but being friends with a lot of them on facebook, I turned out alright. Just vibin and listening to Goo Goo Dolls haha.
I, quite literally, told kids to get off my lawn 3 days ago. To be fair they were being shits and breaking sprinklers but still.
I remember telling my parents to not use the phone because I was playing Diablo II online with friends.
And getting home from school to hop on AIM
good times
-
I remember getting a PC XT and being late to dinner because I was playing Commando.
I built my undergrad computer by myself from parts out of the Computer Shopper magazine and kept printouts of the config.sys and autoexec.bat files to use when the hard drive needed to be reformatted.
-
I remember getting a PC XT and being late to dinner because I was playing Commando.
I built my undergrad computer by myself from parts out of the Computer Shopper magazine and kept printouts of the config.sys and autoexec.bat files to use when the hard drive needed to be reformatted.
I remember getting a PC XT and being late to dinner because I was playing Commando.
I built my undergrad computer by myself from parts out of the Computer Shopper magazine and kept printouts of the config.sys and autoexec.bat files to use when the hard drive needed to be reformatted.
Nerd.
-
I'm the president of the club, and also a client!
-
I remember buying a radio shack TRS-80, lol, I think it had an 8086 processor.... and the sales kid said I had to buy a $400 monitor to go with it.
I said, No, I don't, i'm good. He said I didn't know what I was talking about, it had to have that radio shack monitor.
So, I left with the computer, no monitor after finding out his first name. The kid wasn't happy. lol
So, I went home, took an RF adapter, hooked it up to my Sony TV, and I was in business.
I actually went back to the radio shack, and sat down at their computer while the one same kid was busy with another customer,
got into the autoexec.bat file, and added some programming that scrolled across the screen "(kid's name" doesn't know what he's talking about, see the manager, you can use an RF modulator and use your TV". Two days later, it was still scrolling across the screen, but the third day, I guess they hired somebody to fix it. I was taking college programming classes at the time.....
-
I remember having to use punch card computers at Akron U:

-
yep, me too. I really was good at programming, and typing fast. Other students kept having their programs blow
up, and every so often, they'd give up, and throw their stack of IBM cards into the far wall, and cards would flutter all through
the room like big butterflies. lol
-
^^^^^^^ Gip's above links.
Walter 1. #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah OLB, Notre Dame
Walter 2. #26 Carlos Basham, DE/DT, Wake Forest
CBS:Edwards #26 Jayson Oweh EDGE Penn State
Sport's Banks #26 Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama
Alpha #26 NICK BOLTON - LB - MISSOURI
San Diego #26 Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
CBS:Trapasso #26 Azeez Ojulari LB, Georgia
Draftek #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame OLB
Riggo's Rag #26 Zaven Collins LB Tulsa
Big Lead #26 Zaven Collins LB Tulsa
Game Haus #26 Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
CBS: Wilson #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame
Draft ID #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah | Notre Dame, LB
Draft Blaster #26 Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami
Tankathon #26 Joseph Ossai OLB Texas
Walter 2022 #2 DeMarvin Leal DE Texas A&M - LOLOLOLOLOL (you put it there Gip-so I had to).?
Football Nick #26 Jaelan Phillips DE Miami-Fl
Spts Gaming #26 Carlos Basham,jr. DE Wake Fores
NDB #26 Jevon Holland, Safety, Oregon
Draft Blitz #26 LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (Notre Dame)
Spin Zone #26 Jaelan Phillips DE Miami-Fl
MDB Mecca #26 Kadarius Toney, Wide Receiver, Florida
EDS #26 Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
Fueled BS #26 Kadarius Toney WR Florida
MDB kkunert #26 Eric Stokes CB Georgia
Draft Room #26 Jay Tufele (DT) – USC
Sports Naut #26 Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
NFL Mocks #26 Rashod BatemanWR Minnesota
Fox #23 Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas (trade)
Loaded #23 Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas (trade)
Fanspot #23 DE Patrick Jones (Pittsburgh) (trade)
Overreaction #23 Carlos Basham, 3-4DE, Wake Fores (trade)
SBNation #23 Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri (trade)
MDB:Pressley #22 Shaun Wade, Cornerback, Ohio State (trade) -Note : tia's favorite. LOL!
above links.
Where's the tally?

-
-
Cranked up First-Pick's trade-crazy sim for the 1st time... seems to have settled down some, especially in the early rounds.

-
-
And now for something completely different...
Note of explanation needed... I got stuck. None of the top positions of need fell to me at #26 and trading is only permitted if you are a "Premium DraftNet" subscriber. So...
... I took an IOL at #26... ? ... IKR? See the 6 picks that followed for context. While there are some good players there, there were ones I like better that I felt were going to be available to me later.
Did some digging and Vera-Tucker is a damn good, damn versatile OL. He was USC's starting LT and has the talent to fill in there in need be. His issue is that at 6'4 he does not have NFL LT size. But he's fluid in PassPro and ZBS while having road-grader power... thus his projection inside. Only position I am not sure he can handle is OC... and I would not be surprised if he excelled there. Besides adding quality, instant depth at four positions, he could step in if we can't work an affordable deal with Teller.
Bottom line... I thnk I made the BPA of a bad situation.
Rest of the sim run was fairly routine although I did reach slightly in rounds 2 thru 4 for f amiliar names I like... a lot.
The last three are new names to me...
- Whop Philyer (WR, IU) is a small, fast (4.37) WR who plays big... racked up a 1000-yd season in 2019... gave tOSU fits in 2020... and caught 18 balls in IU's 2020 bowl game .
- Marco Wilson (CB, Florida) is a strong tackler with ball skills and 4.4 speed... ST maven with upside.
- Lorenzo Neal (IDL, Purdue) should sound familiar as his Daddy was a NFL FB for 16 years. The FB's kid has skills, but wrecked a knee in 2019 and it hurt his 2020 performance... as did the spotty season.
-
Reading this article in DBN suggests LB won't be our first or second round pick due to our actual alignments not looking at a "4-3".. Certainly could be with whoever's left in the 3rd, but not high.
Ya may not like it?.. But, don't fail to read this link ^^^ ...It's a Joe Wood's style defense under draft construction..
Are we really down with this 4-2-5 setup as the primary defense?
From Link...
Under DC Joe Woods, the Browns play a 4-3 defense. Or do they?
In looking at this season’s defensive personnel groupings, the 4-3 was utilized only 267 snaps. That correlates to just 24.8% of defensive plays.
What was used most often? The 4-2-5. A whooping 721 snaps for 66.9%. And get this – the remainder of snaps was in a 4-1-6 alignment.
With this in mind, the emphasis is squaring on the *pass rush and the *defensive backfield.
In the 4-2-5 alignment, the linebackers are used as the Mike (middle) and Sam (strongside) and eliminates the Will (weakside) entirely. The Mike’s duties are to plug the B-gap in running situations or as an occasional blitzer. Typically, the Mike is more of a Sam linebacker plugged into the center of the defense with some quickness and the ability to make adjustments. The other linebacker can be a converted strong safety with some girth and not an actual LB at all. This player will have coverage responsibilities such as the tight end or slot receiver.
With the 4-2-5, on the field personnel requires only one actual linebacker. With this in mind, why would you spend big money on him?
See Gipper...it's ok to open links & read them ?
Ya may not like it?.. But, don't fail to read this link ^^^ ...It's a Joe Wood's style defense under draft construction..
From Link...
Under DC Joe Woods, the Browns play a 4-3 defense. Or do they?
In looking at this season’s defensive personnel groupings, the 4-3 was utilized only 267 snaps. That correlates to just 24.8% of defensive plays.
What was used most often? The 4-2-5. A whooping 721 snaps for 66.9%. And get this – the remainder of snaps was in a 4-1-6 alignment.
With this in mind, the emphasis is squaring on the *pass rush and the *defensive backfield.
In the 4-2-5 alignment, the linebackers are used as the Mike (middle) and Sam (strongside) and eliminates the Will (weakside) entirely. The Mike’s duties are to plug the B-gap in running situations or as an occasional blitzer. Typically, the Mike is more of a Sam linebacker plugged into the center of the defense with some quickness and the ability to make adjustments. The other linebacker can be a converted strong safety with some girth and not an actual LB at all. This player will have coverage responsibilities such as the tight end or slot receiver.
With the 4-2-5, on the field personnel requires only one actual linebacker. With this in mind, why would you spend big money on him?
See Gipper...it's ok to open links & read them ?
I mentioned this earlier in the thread which is why i said no to drafting a LB that high (hopefully phillips will be healthy next year) and do safety or corner with are first pick
side note : dont panic is one of my favorite tv shows
-
Well, if Cox lasts til the third round I will be worse than shocked. Great teams have speed on both sides of the ball.
A player who can run and cover Tyreek Hill, and hit like a ton of bricks would be great.
Like Owusu-Kamomoah. I would love to have picked him first in my stupid mock draft, but
I figured he'd be gone.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/05/browns-mock-draft-owusu-koramoah-projection/
-
Well, if Cox lasts til the third round I will be worse than shocked. Great teams have speed on both sides of the ball.
A player who can run and cover Tyreek Hill, and hit like a ton of bricks would be great.
Like Owusu-Kamomoah. I would love to have picked him first in my stupid mock draft, but
I figured he'd be gone.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/05/browns-mock-draft-owusu-koramoah-projection/
A player who can run and cover Tyreek Hill, and hit like a ton of bricks would be great.
Only one comes to mind... https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nfl-jalen-ramsey-vs-tyreek-hill-matchup-all-22-jaguars-chiefs fun game to go back & watch... Cox can run..But please...He's not at T.Hill speed.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
t