The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread
-
I'm the president of the club, and also a client!
-
I remember buying a radio shack TRS-80, lol, I think it had an 8086 processor.... and the sales kid said I had to buy a $400 monitor to go with it.
I said, No, I don't, i'm good. He said I didn't know what I was talking about, it had to have that radio shack monitor.
So, I left with the computer, no monitor after finding out his first name. The kid wasn't happy. lol
So, I went home, took an RF adapter, hooked it up to my Sony TV, and I was in business.
I actually went back to the radio shack, and sat down at their computer while the one same kid was busy with another customer,
got into the autoexec.bat file, and added some programming that scrolled across the screen "(kid's name" doesn't know what he's talking about, see the manager, you can use an RF modulator and use your TV". Two days later, it was still scrolling across the screen, but the third day, I guess they hired somebody to fix it. I was taking college programming classes at the time.....
-
I remember having to use punch card computers at Akron U:

-
yep, me too. I really was good at programming, and typing fast. Other students kept having their programs blow
up, and every so often, they'd give up, and throw their stack of IBM cards into the far wall, and cards would flutter all through
the room like big butterflies. lol
-
^^^^^^^ Gip's above links.
Walter 1. #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah OLB, Notre Dame
Walter 2. #26 Carlos Basham, DE/DT, Wake Forest
CBS:Edwards #26 Jayson Oweh EDGE Penn State
Sport's Banks #26 Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama
Alpha #26 NICK BOLTON - LB - MISSOURI
San Diego #26 Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
CBS:Trapasso #26 Azeez Ojulari LB, Georgia
Draftek #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame OLB
Riggo's Rag #26 Zaven Collins LB Tulsa
Big Lead #26 Zaven Collins LB Tulsa
Game Haus #26 Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
CBS: Wilson #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame
Draft ID #26 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah | Notre Dame, LB
Draft Blaster #26 Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami
Tankathon #26 Joseph Ossai OLB Texas
Walter 2022 #2 DeMarvin Leal DE Texas A&M - LOLOLOLOLOL (you put it there Gip-so I had to).?
Football Nick #26 Jaelan Phillips DE Miami-Fl
Spts Gaming #26 Carlos Basham,jr. DE Wake Fores
NDB #26 Jevon Holland, Safety, Oregon
Draft Blitz #26 LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (Notre Dame)
Spin Zone #26 Jaelan Phillips DE Miami-Fl
MDB Mecca #26 Kadarius Toney, Wide Receiver, Florida
EDS #26 Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
Fueled BS #26 Kadarius Toney WR Florida
MDB kkunert #26 Eric Stokes CB Georgia
Draft Room #26 Jay Tufele (DT) – USC
Sports Naut #26 Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
NFL Mocks #26 Rashod BatemanWR Minnesota
Fox #23 Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas (trade)
Loaded #23 Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas (trade)
Fanspot #23 DE Patrick Jones (Pittsburgh) (trade)
Overreaction #23 Carlos Basham, 3-4DE, Wake Fores (trade)
SBNation #23 Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri (trade)
MDB:Pressley #22 Shaun Wade, Cornerback, Ohio State (trade) -Note : tia's favorite. LOL!
above links.
Where's the tally?

-
-
Cranked up First-Pick's trade-crazy sim for the 1st time... seems to have settled down some, especially in the early rounds.

-
-
And now for something completely different...
Note of explanation needed... I got stuck. None of the top positions of need fell to me at #26 and trading is only permitted if you are a "Premium DraftNet" subscriber. So...
... I took an IOL at #26... ? ... IKR? See the 6 picks that followed for context. While there are some good players there, there were ones I like better that I felt were going to be available to me later.
Did some digging and Vera-Tucker is a damn good, damn versatile OL. He was USC's starting LT and has the talent to fill in there in need be. His issue is that at 6'4 he does not have NFL LT size. But he's fluid in PassPro and ZBS while having road-grader power... thus his projection inside. Only position I am not sure he can handle is OC... and I would not be surprised if he excelled there. Besides adding quality, instant depth at four positions, he could step in if we can't work an affordable deal with Teller.
Bottom line... I thnk I made the BPA of a bad situation.
Rest of the sim run was fairly routine although I did reach slightly in rounds 2 thru 4 for f amiliar names I like... a lot.
The last three are new names to me...
- Whop Philyer (WR, IU) is a small, fast (4.37) WR who plays big... racked up a 1000-yd season in 2019... gave tOSU fits in 2020... and caught 18 balls in IU's 2020 bowl game .
- Marco Wilson (CB, Florida) is a strong tackler with ball skills and 4.4 speed... ST maven with upside.
- Lorenzo Neal (IDL, Purdue) should sound familiar as his Daddy was a NFL FB for 16 years. The FB's kid has skills, but wrecked a knee in 2019 and it hurt his 2020 performance... as did the spotty season.
-
Reading this article in DBN suggests LB won't be our first or second round pick due to our actual alignments not looking at a "4-3".. Certainly could be with whoever's left in the 3rd, but not high.
Ya may not like it?.. But, don't fail to read this link ^^^ ...It's a Joe Wood's style defense under draft construction..
Are we really down with this 4-2-5 setup as the primary defense?
From Link...
Under DC Joe Woods, the Browns play a 4-3 defense. Or do they?
In looking at this season’s defensive personnel groupings, the 4-3 was utilized only 267 snaps. That correlates to just 24.8% of defensive plays.
What was used most often? The 4-2-5. A whooping 721 snaps for 66.9%. And get this – the remainder of snaps was in a 4-1-6 alignment.
With this in mind, the emphasis is squaring on the *pass rush and the *defensive backfield.
In the 4-2-5 alignment, the linebackers are used as the Mike (middle) and Sam (strongside) and eliminates the Will (weakside) entirely. The Mike’s duties are to plug the B-gap in running situations or as an occasional blitzer. Typically, the Mike is more of a Sam linebacker plugged into the center of the defense with some quickness and the ability to make adjustments. The other linebacker can be a converted strong safety with some girth and not an actual LB at all. This player will have coverage responsibilities such as the tight end or slot receiver.
With the 4-2-5, on the field personnel requires only one actual linebacker. With this in mind, why would you spend big money on him?
See Gipper...it's ok to open links & read them ?
Ya may not like it?.. But, don't fail to read this link ^^^ ...It's a Joe Wood's style defense under draft construction..
From Link...
Under DC Joe Woods, the Browns play a 4-3 defense. Or do they?
In looking at this season’s defensive personnel groupings, the 4-3 was utilized only 267 snaps. That correlates to just 24.8% of defensive plays.
What was used most often? The 4-2-5. A whooping 721 snaps for 66.9%. And get this – the remainder of snaps was in a 4-1-6 alignment.
With this in mind, the emphasis is squaring on the *pass rush and the *defensive backfield.
In the 4-2-5 alignment, the linebackers are used as the Mike (middle) and Sam (strongside) and eliminates the Will (weakside) entirely. The Mike’s duties are to plug the B-gap in running situations or as an occasional blitzer. Typically, the Mike is more of a Sam linebacker plugged into the center of the defense with some quickness and the ability to make adjustments. The other linebacker can be a converted strong safety with some girth and not an actual LB at all. This player will have coverage responsibilities such as the tight end or slot receiver.
With the 4-2-5, on the field personnel requires only one actual linebacker. With this in mind, why would you spend big money on him?
See Gipper...it's ok to open links & read them ?
I mentioned this earlier in the thread which is why i said no to drafting a LB that high (hopefully phillips will be healthy next year) and do safety or corner with are first pick
side note : dont panic is one of my favorite tv shows
-
Well, if Cox lasts til the third round I will be worse than shocked. Great teams have speed on both sides of the ball.
A player who can run and cover Tyreek Hill, and hit like a ton of bricks would be great.
Like Owusu-Kamomoah. I would love to have picked him first in my stupid mock draft, but
I figured he'd be gone.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/05/browns-mock-draft-owusu-koramoah-projection/
-
Well, if Cox lasts til the third round I will be worse than shocked. Great teams have speed on both sides of the ball.
A player who can run and cover Tyreek Hill, and hit like a ton of bricks would be great.
Like Owusu-Kamomoah. I would love to have picked him first in my stupid mock draft, but
I figured he'd be gone.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/05/browns-mock-draft-owusu-koramoah-projection/
A player who can run and cover Tyreek Hill, and hit like a ton of bricks would be great.
Only one comes to mind... https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nfl-jalen-ramsey-vs-tyreek-hill-matchup-all-22-jaguars-chiefs fun game to go back & watch... Cox can run..But please...He's not at T.Hill speed.
-
A player who can run and cover Tyreek Hill, and hit like a ton of bricks would be great.
Only one comes to mind... https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nfl-jalen-ramsey-vs-tyreek-hill-matchup-all-22-jaguars-chiefs fun game to go back & watch... Cox can run..But please...He's not at T.Hill speed.
Only one comes to mind... https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nfl-jalen-ramsey-vs-tyreek-hill-matchup-all-22-jaguars-chiefs fun game to go back & watch... Cox can run..But please...He's not at T.Hill speed.
of course that's true, I didn't mean to imply he was. I would take Owusu by far, ......he is very fast. As much as I am a big Zaven Collins fan, I wouldn't trade up to get him - but I would trade up to get Owusu.
"Projected 40 yard dash: 4.40 seconds Owusu-Koramoah is an extremely intelligent and explosive defender that plays all over the field. He has every bit of versatility that Isaiah Simmons has, even though he’s less physically imposing."
-
Only one comes to mind... https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nfl-jalen-ramsey-vs-tyreek-hill-matchup-all-22-jaguars-chiefs fun game to go back & watch... Cox can run..But please...He's not at T.Hill speed.
of course that's true, I didn't mean to imply he was. I would take Owusu by far, ......he is very fast. As much as I am a big Zaven Collins fan, I wouldn't trade up to get him - but I would trade up to get Owusu.
"Projected 40 yard dash: 4.40 seconds Owusu-Koramoah is an extremely intelligent and explosive defender that plays all over the field. He has every bit of versatility that Isaiah Simmons has, even though he’s less physically imposing."
"Projected 40 yard dash: 4.40 seconds Owusu-Koramoah is an extremely intelligent and explosive defender that plays all over the field. He has every bit of versatility that Isaiah Simmons has, even though he’s less physically imposing."
Sure he can run..JOK is a classic tweener just as I.Simmons was coming out of Clemson..JOK's is 6'2, but he's only 216 lbs soaking wet.. Making him a undersized NFL rover..Same spot as Simmons came in & mostly sat in his rookie year.. Started in 7 games & ST/with a backup role(no off season dumped Simmons straight into the deep end of pool. Freak 6'4 238 with 4.39 40 speed).. JOK is the Dick Butkus award winner..But Butkus had to think? Where's the beef" Jaylin Smith/ Devin White LB beef..
I've been spending most my LB viewing choices looking at guys like Chazz Surratt//Jabril Cox//Barron Browning & Justin Hillard from OSU... My hope is a falling edge rusher falls to us in the 1st..What I'm not seeing? Is a Top 3 WR speed blazer falling to us in rd.1.. But a Corner/ Box Safety or LB may happen.. I could see Berry using the extra 3rd or 4th to get up higher in the 2nd..Top 25 looks fairly solid there too.. pro-day times & drills will surely shake some things up.. JOK ranks 2nd, only behind Parsons in most LB rankings..
-
Been messing with the mocks a little and there have been some interesting shifts in where players are going.
Of note to us is that Parsons has fallen some... as in all the way to #26 in a couple sims.
Fields is another dropper... although more accurately BYU's Zack Wilson has been pushing him down.
-
Been messing with the mocks a little and there have been some interesting shifts in where players are going.
Of note to us is that Parsons has fallen some... as in all the way to #26 in a couple sims.
Fields is another dropper... although more accurately BYU's Zack Wilson has been pushing him down.
Been messing with the mocks a little and there have been some interesting shifts in where players are going.
Of note to us is that Parsons has fallen some... as in all the way to #26 in a couple sims.
Fields is another dropper... although more accurately BYU's Zack Wilson has been pushing him down.
It is more accurate to say that Wilson has been rising.
-
is important to understand JOK's stats this past season.. JOK played slot corner on the field/open side aka Rover because ND went base4-3 against 3WR seriously 50% of the time - because he could shut down slot WR's including Clemson's Rodgers; the only time he was lined up like a traditional LB is when the formation was trips to the other side [and the other OLB flexed out] or some such. JOK is.. ridiculous, and won't be on the board when we pick. -
I think I just did my last mock as can't see how I can improve upon it. Everything fell into place...

- 26. Kwity... we all know Kwity by now... fastest, hand-in-the-dirt, 3-down Edge in the class... and MG's new, best friend.
- 59. Mayfield... instant, quality, OL depth for every position except Center and our eventual starting RT.
- 89. Sermon... I think the kid will be a star... great Chubb insurance.
- 91. Mond... my 2021 Darkhorse QB... eventual Baker backup with trade value down the road.
- 110. McNeill... His ProDay was an eye opener... true, 3-down IDL potential.
- 132. Hufanga... hard-hitting, Safety depth our ST Coach will love.
- 169. Vincent, Jr... gotta keep @tia happy...
- 211. Philyor... my "waterbug"
One note... DraftNet's sim has "lost" our 7th Round pick, #257, so I had one to go, but I'll take this 8 and be happy...
-
Kwitty and Vincent long gone by the time those picks arrive.
-
I think I just did my last mock as can't see how I can improve upon it. Everything fell into place...

- 26. Kwity... we all know Kwity by now... fastest, hand-in-the-dirt, 3-down Edge in the class... and MG's new, best friend.
- 59. Mayfield... instant, quality, OL depth for every position except Center and our eventual starting RT.
- 89. Sermon... I think the kid will be a star... great Chubb insurance.
- 91. Mond... my 2021 Darkhorse QB... eventual Baker backup with trade value down the road.
- 110. McNeill... His ProDay was an eye opener... true, 3-down IDL potential.
- 132. Hufanga... hard-hitting, Safety depth our ST Coach will love.
- 169. Vincent, Jr... gotta keep @tia happy...
- 211. Philyor... my "waterbug"
One note... DraftNet's sim has "lost" our 7th Round pick, #257, so I had one to go, but I'll take this 8 and be happy...
I think I just did my last mock as can't see how I can improve upon it. Everything fell into place...
- 26. Kwity... we all know Kwity by now... fastest, hand-in-the-dirt, 3-down Edge in the class... and MG's new, best friend.
- 59. Mayfield... instant, quality, OL depth for every position except Center and our eventual starting RT.
- 89. Sermon... I think the kid will be a star... great Chubb insurance.
- 91. Mond... my 2021 Darkhorse QB... eventual Baker backup with trade value down the road.
- 110. McNeill... His ProDay was an eye opener... true, 3-down IDL potential.
- 132. Hufanga... hard-hitting, Safety depth our ST Coach will love.
- 169. Vincent, Jr... gotta keep @tia happy...
- 211. Philyor... my "waterbug"
One note... DraftNet's sim has "lost" our 7th Round pick, #257, so I had one to go, but I'll take this 8 and be happy...
Re your back up QB..........just read this from Cosell
Mond has a couple things that clearly need to be worked on and can be fixed. No. 1, he holds the ball way too high. He holds the ball right under his chin, and you can’t do anything athletically with your hands that high.
If you recall, that’s the whole Jeff Tedford thing. When Aaron Rodgers came out of Cal, that’s where he held his hands and that got changed the second he got to the NFL. Because what that does is that results in upper-body stiffness and a tight throwing motion. And Mond has a very robotic and mechanical feel to the way in which plays. Because it all starts in his ball carriage, and it’s way too high for him. It’s right under his chin.
I did think Kellen Mond improved. I looked at his 2019 tape and his 2020 tape. And I thought that in 2020, he had much better command of his throws and that his ball placement was consistently more precise than it was in 2019. We’ll see about what he can do when that ball carriage is lower, because I think he was a strong short-to-intermediate thrower who did turn it loose, but I thought that because of the ball carriage that his deeper throws lost energy. Because he wasn’t a loose thrower. He was so stiff and mechanical. So maybe he’ll be able to drive the ball a little more and be less mechanical.
To me, he’s got the look and feel of a schemed quarterback who needs the pass game structure to work for him in defining things. But that’s what Kyle Shanahan is. He defines it for you.
I came away watching Mond’s tape saying to myself, “Can there be a legitimate comparison made to Dak Prescott given the traits profile?” Now, keep in mind Prescott was a fourth-round pick and Prescott’s a little bit bigger and a has a stronger deep arm, but I think there could be some similarities.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
t