Big Ben sets new record
-
I can't agree more with Gipper on this one. Steelers' defense is scary, they have a good running back, a good Oline and a very talented WR corps.
Sure Ben isn't a liability, but he doesn't make up for the rest of the team, either. He has had better years.I can't agree more with Gipper on this one. Steelers' defense is scary, they have a good running back, a good Oline and a very talented WR corps.
Sure Ben isn't a liability, but he doesn't make up for the rest of the team, either. He has had better years.Well said! When you have a defense like Pittsburgh has - the margin of error for the QB gets very user friendly. We've seen Trent Dilfer be the QB of a Superbowl Champion where his margin of error gave him the green light to be average at best. That team had an elite defense that not only limited points against; but scored points. They had 1 RB that rushed for over 2000 yards, a good OL and their TE (Sharpe) was their biggest weapon. Dilfer started 8 games throwing for 12 TD and 11 INT w/ a 59.8 cmp% for a passer rating of 76.6. In the SB, he went 12 of 25 for 153 yards, had 1 fumble his tam recovered and had a pick 6 nullified by a penalty.
The very next year, he was signed by Seattle.
-
I can't agree more with Gipper on this one. Steelers' defense is scary, they have a good running back, a good Oline and a very talented WR corps.
Sure Ben isn't a liability, but he doesn't make up for the rest of the team, either. He has had better years.He also said that Roethlisberger isn't as important to the Steelers as Baker is to the Browns.
That is patently false. The list of QBs who could have done a similar job as Baker is a long one.
He also said that Roethlisberger isn't as important to the Steelers as Baker is to the Browns.
That is patently false. The list of QBs who could have done a similar job as Baker is a long one.
Sometimes you have to swallow your words. Most of the times I read diagonally, so I didn't see that. Yeah. I don't agree on Baker, but I agree on 90% of what Gipper said.
-
I can't agree more with Gipper on this one. Steelers' defense is scary, they have a good running back, a good Oline and a very talented WR corps.
Sure Ben isn't a liability, but he doesn't make up for the rest of the team, either. He has had better years.He also said that Roethlisberger isn't as important to the Steelers as Baker is to the Browns.
That is patently false. The list of QBs who could have done a similar job as Baker is a long one.
He also said that Roethlisberger isn't as important to the Steelers as Baker is to the Browns.
That is patently false. The list of QBs who could have done a similar job as Baker is a long one.
It may be a long one....but that goes both ways. The list of QBs who could have done a similar job as BR for the Steelers is a long one, plus what I am saying is that if you switched the QBs on the two teams....I don't see where the teams would have any difference in their records. Baker could just as easily have the Steelers at 9-0 and with BR this team would not likely be any better than 6-3.
Bottom line: BR ain't an MVP candidate because BR is by no means the primary reason that team is as good as they are right now.
-
He also said that Roethlisberger isn't as important to the Steelers as Baker is to the Browns.
That is patently false. The list of QBs who could have done a similar job as Baker is a long one.
Sometimes you have to swallow your words. Most of the times I read diagonally, so I didn't see that. Yeah. I don't agree on Baker, but I agree on 90% of what Gipper said.
Sometimes you have to swallow your words. Most of the times I read diagonally, so I didn't see that. Yeah. I don't agree on Baker, but I agree on 90% of what Gipper said.
Probably 100% because Dutch misinterpreted what I meant.
But, let's say he didn't. Let's look at this:
Why are the Steelers 9-0? As Flugel said: a defense that is playing at a superb level right now....NOT because their offense is all that. The offense is playing well enough to support their defense to get them to 9-0.
But why are the Browns 6-3? It sure as hell is not because of our defense, which has given up 38, 30, 38, 38, 34, 23, 20, 16, 7...points in each game. Baker and this offense has HAD to produce at a very high level to have won some of these games. The brown numbers above are the games the Browns won. Three of those games are where the Browns gave up 30 or more points. BR never had to win a single game where his defense gave up 30 or more points because in NO game this year has their defense given up 30 or more points.......though I will give that there was one game....their 38-29 win over the Eagles where that offense had to bail out their defense.
So, yes, in a very real sense, Baker as the trigger man of this offense has HAD to perform at a higher level....and has been More Valuable to the success of the Browns so far than BR has been to the Steelers success.
-
I think that Browns' running corps has a lot to do with how much the Browns offense has produced, so I'm still not giving it to you 100% Gipper. But yeah, none of them have had incredible stats/performances.
I think that Browns' running corps has a lot to do with how much the Browns offense has produced, so I'm still not giving it to you 100% Gipper. But yeah, none of them have had incredible stats/performances.
Certainly they have, but I am just saying that BR does NOT have to overcome a piss poor defense......Baker does, and even though they both certainly have help on their offenses, they are still the trigger men. And BR has not had to overcome the loss of one of the premier WRs in this league, like Baker.
Baker, plain and simple has had far rougher hurdles to overcome....and has been more critical to the team's success.
-
I think that Browns' running corps has a lot to do with how much the Browns offense has produced, so I'm still not giving it to you 100% Gipper. But yeah, none of them have had incredible stats/performances.
Certainly they have, but I am just saying that BR does NOT have to overcome a piss poor defense......Baker does, and even though they both certainly have help on their offenses, they are still the trigger men. And BR has not had to overcome the loss of one of the premier WRs in this league, like Baker.
Baker, plain and simple has had far rougher hurdles to overcome....and has been more critical to the team's success.
Certainly they have, but I am just saying that BR does NOT have to overcome a piss poor defense......Baker does, and even though they both certainly have help on their offenses, they are still the trigger men. And BR has not had to overcome the loss of one of the premier WRs in this league, like Baker.
Baker, plain and simple has had far rougher hurdles to overcome....and has been more critical to the team's success.
Could be. But if it were a 1 year deal, I would trade Ben for Baker in a heartbeat. BR doesn't make as many mistakes as Baker does, and that's what we need at QB at the moment.
-
Certainly they have, but I am just saying that BR does NOT have to overcome a piss poor defense......Baker does, and even though they both certainly have help on their offenses, they are still the trigger men. And BR has not had to overcome the loss of one of the premier WRs in this league, like Baker.
Baker, plain and simple has had far rougher hurdles to overcome....and has been more critical to the team's success.
Could be. But if it were a 1 year deal, I would trade Ben for Baker in a heartbeat. BR doesn't make as many mistakes as Baker does, and that's what we need at QB at the moment.
Could be. But if it were a 1 year deal, I would trade Ben for Baker in a heartbeat. BR doesn't make as many mistakes as Baker does, and that's what we need at QB at the moment.
Well, a couple of things: BR playing the dink/dunk game seems to give him some better stats; Baker takes more chances than he does. That and the fact that yes, the Browns are more reliant on their run game...because they have much better runners than Pitt.
Here are their stats;
BR: 223/334 for 2267 yards; Baker 149/243 for 1646 yards.
BR: 66.8% comp. pct. Baker 61.3%
BR: 22 TDs 6.6 TD %; Baker 15 TDs 6.2 TD%
BR: 4 Int. Baker 7 Ints
BR: 6.6 ypa, 10.2 ypc; Baker 7.3 ypa 11.9 ypc.
BR 3 30 pt. games. Baker 5 30 pt. games.
And then there are these stats:
Pittsburgh defense: 2863 yds allowed 171 pts. allowed. 19.0 pts per game
Browns defense: 3214 yards allowed 244 pts. allowed 27.1 pts per game.....over a TD more per game, which of course is huge.
The Browns are actually outgaining Pitt on offense ever so slightly: 3130 to 3105 yards. But Pitt has scored more pts. 271 to 216.
Note this stat also:
Browns are 3-0 in one score games. (7 pt. margin or less) Steelers are 5-0 in one score games.
So, the Steelers, despite their 9-0 record are NOT blowing people out as much as you would think, because despite the sterling play of their defense, their offense is not as dominant.
Browns rush offense ranks #4 with 1431 yds and 9 TDs....or #3 in YPG (AZ has played 10 games now which puts them ahead of the Browns....Ravens and Pats are the other 2)
Pitt is #25 with 916 yds and 9 TDs.
-
**** Nick Chubb running out of bounds at the 1 yard line made the Texans game a 1 score game. Otherwise it likely would have been a 10 pt. win. While that play worked out, I still don't think it was necessary for him to do.
-
Could be. But if it were a 1 year deal, I would trade Ben for Baker in a heartbeat. BR doesn't make as many mistakes as Baker does, and that's what we need at QB at the moment.
Well, a couple of things: BR playing the dink/dunk game seems to give him some better stats; Baker takes more chances than he does. That and the fact that yes, the Browns are more reliant on their run game...because they have much better runners than Pitt.
Here are their stats;
BR: 223/334 for 2267 yards; Baker 149/243 for 1646 yards.
BR: 66.8% comp. pct. Baker 61.3%
BR: 22 TDs 6.6 TD %; Baker 15 TDs 6.2 TD%
BR: 4 Int. Baker 7 Ints
BR: 6.6 ypa, 10.2 ypc; Baker 7.3 ypa 11.9 ypc.
BR 3 30 pt. games. Baker 5 30 pt. games.
And then there are these stats:
Pittsburgh defense: 2863 yds allowed 171 pts. allowed. 19.0 pts per game
Browns defense: 3214 yards allowed 244 pts. allowed 27.1 pts per game.....over a TD more per game, which of course is huge.
The Browns are actually outgaining Pitt on offense ever so slightly: 3130 to 3105 yards. But Pitt has scored more pts. 271 to 216.
Note this stat also:
Browns are 3-0 in one score games. (7 pt. margin or less) Steelers are 5-0 in one score games.
So, the Steelers, despite their 9-0 record are NOT blowing people out as much as you would think, because despite the sterling play of their defense, their offense is not as dominant.
Browns rush offense ranks #4 with 1431 yds and 9 TDs....or #3 in YPG (AZ has played 10 games now which puts them ahead of the Browns....Ravens and Pats are the other 2)
Pitt is #25 with 916 yds and 9 TDs.
Here are their stats;
BR: 6.6 ypa, 10.2 ypc; Baker 7.3 ypa 11.9 ypc.
I'm curious where you are getting these stats from?
I looked up their yards/attempt last night, and Pro Football Reference has them both at 6.8 yards/attempt. You have Baker at half a yard more than Roethlisberger.
-
Here are their stats;
BR: 6.6 ypa, 10.2 ypc; Baker 7.3 ypa 11.9 ypc.
I'm curious where you are getting these stats from?
I looked up their yards/attempt last night, and Pro Football Reference has them both at 6.8 yards/attempt. You have Baker at half a yard more than Roethlisberger.
I'm curious where you are getting these stats from?
I looked up their yards/attempt last night, and Pro Football Reference has them both at 6.8 yards/attempt. You have Baker at half a yard more than Roethlisberger.
I got them from Pro-Football Reference! Today. Maybe they should be double checked.
-
They crying all over pukeberg sports radio that raplisberger isnt in the discussion for mvp
There is a good reason....all he is doing is dinking and dunking. I did a play by play search of one game wherein of over 30 passes he threw, only like 3 of them went over maybe 15 yards downfield in the air. MVP means that he is the most instrumental person on a team for that team's success. BR is not that. Not this year.
There is a good reason....all he is doing is dinking and dunking. I did a play by play search of one game wherein of over 30 passes he threw, only like 3 of them went over maybe 15 yards downfield in the air. MVP means that he is the most instrumental person on a team for that team's success. BR is not that. Not this year.
Gtfo. It's all tom brady has done most of his career. How many has he gotten? It's not even steelers week in here and look at you goons foaming at the mouth. It's pretty pathetic. ??
Edit: I'm glad there are some in here talking some sense tho. Ben has been awesome this season. Do I think he should get mvp? I really don't fucking care as its about 7 and not pointless hardware. He's also not just "dunking and dunking" but again it's funny that Tom Brady never caught shit for it. It's hilarious and just shows how much disdain there is for pittsburgh by being a top flight franchise from top to bottom. It's alright to be jealous dick heads. Own it.
Edit: they also aren't now 10-0 just because of the defense. Ben is on pace to shatter his his single season touchdown record. You should disconnect your umbilical cords from shitty ass PFF who have okay analytics for certain positions and terrible ones for others.
-
There is a good reason....all he is doing is dinking and dunking. I did a play by play search of one game wherein of over 30 passes he threw, only like 3 of them went over maybe 15 yards downfield in the air. MVP means that he is the most instrumental person on a team for that team's success. BR is not that. Not this year.
Gtfo. It's all tom brady has done most of his career. How many has he gotten? It's not even steelers week in here and look at you goons foaming at the mouth. It's pretty pathetic. ??
Edit: I'm glad there are some in here talking some sense tho. Ben has been awesome this season. Do I think he should get mvp? I really don't fucking care as its about 7 and not pointless hardware. He's also not just "dunking and dunking" but again it's funny that Tom Brady never caught shit for it. It's hilarious and just shows how much disdain there is for pittsburgh by being a top flight franchise from top to bottom. It's alright to be jealous dick heads. Own it.
Edit: they also aren't now 10-0 just because of the defense. Ben is on pace to shatter his his single season touchdown record. You should disconnect your umbilical cords from shitty ass PFF who have okay analytics for certain positions and terrible ones for others.
Gtfo. It's all tom brady has done most of his career. How many has he gotten? It's not even steelers week in here and look at you goons foaming at the mouth. It's pretty pathetic. ??
Edit: I'm glad there are some in here talking some sense tho. Ben has been awesome this season. Do I think he should get mvp? I really don't fucking care as its about 7 and not pointless hardware. He's also not just "dunking and dunking" but again it's funny that Tom Brady never caught shit for it. It's hilarious and just shows how much disdain there is for pittsburgh by being a top flight franchise from top to bottom. It's alright to be jealous dick heads. Own it.
Edit: they also aren't now 10-0 just because of the defense. Ben is on pace to shatter his his single season touchdown record. You should disconnect your umbilical cords from shitty ass PFF who have okay analytics for certain positions and terrible ones for others.
The question is whether or not either Baker or BR are more instrumental to their team's success.
Baker is every bit as essential or essential to this team's current success as BR. Because, again, BR does NOT have to score like 30+ pts a game.
Is BR having a good year? Yes....but he is still dinking and dunking....far more than Brady ever did. (you are in complete Trump mode on that issue...lying in the face of clear evidence to the contrary.) But hell, if you put the Duck in their that team would probably be 9-1.
And the other question is: is BR in the MVP conversation. The answer is clearly NOT....because of what I said....he is clearly not as instrumental to his team's success as is a dozen other players in this league.
(In addition to the QBs I listed above....perhaps throw in Derrick Henry in their as well.
-
Gtfo. It's all tom brady has done most of his career. How many has he gotten? It's not even steelers week in here and look at you goons foaming at the mouth. It's pretty pathetic. ??
Edit: I'm glad there are some in here talking some sense tho. Ben has been awesome this season. Do I think he should get mvp? I really don't fucking care as its about 7 and not pointless hardware. He's also not just "dunking and dunking" but again it's funny that Tom Brady never caught shit for it. It's hilarious and just shows how much disdain there is for pittsburgh by being a top flight franchise from top to bottom. It's alright to be jealous dick heads. Own it.
Edit: they also aren't now 10-0 just because of the defense. Ben is on pace to shatter his his single season touchdown record. You should disconnect your umbilical cords from shitty ass PFF who have okay analytics for certain positions and terrible ones for others.
The question is whether or not either Baker or BR are more instrumental to their team's success.
Baker is every bit as essential or essential to this team's current success as BR. Because, again, BR does NOT have to score like 30+ pts a game.
Is BR having a good year? Yes....but he is still dinking and dunking....far more than Brady ever did. (you are in complete Trump mode on that issue...lying in the face of clear evidence to the contrary.) But hell, if you put the Duck in their that team would probably be 9-1.
And the other question is: is BR in the MVP conversation. The answer is clearly NOT....because of what I said....he is clearly not as instrumental to his team's success as is a dozen other players in this league.
(In addition to the QBs I listed above....perhaps throw in Derrick Henry in their as well.
But hell, if you put the Duck in their that team would probably be 9-1.
Oh Gipper. Gip, Gip, Gip.
That's just a horrible take.
-
Gtfo. It's all tom brady has done most of his career. How many has he gotten? It's not even steelers week in here and look at you goons foaming at the mouth. It's pretty pathetic. ??
Edit: I'm glad there are some in here talking some sense tho. Ben has been awesome this season. Do I think he should get mvp? I really don't fucking care as its about 7 and not pointless hardware. He's also not just "dunking and dunking" but again it's funny that Tom Brady never caught shit for it. It's hilarious and just shows how much disdain there is for pittsburgh by being a top flight franchise from top to bottom. It's alright to be jealous dick heads. Own it.
Edit: they also aren't now 10-0 just because of the defense. Ben is on pace to shatter his his single season touchdown record. You should disconnect your umbilical cords from shitty ass PFF who have okay analytics for certain positions and terrible ones for others.
The question is whether or not either Baker or BR are more instrumental to their team's success.
Baker is every bit as essential or essential to this team's current success as BR. Because, again, BR does NOT have to score like 30+ pts a game.
Is BR having a good year? Yes....but he is still dinking and dunking....far more than Brady ever did. (you are in complete Trump mode on that issue...lying in the face of clear evidence to the contrary.) But hell, if you put the Duck in their that team would probably be 9-1.
And the other question is: is BR in the MVP conversation. The answer is clearly NOT....because of what I said....he is clearly not as instrumental to his team's success as is a dozen other players in this league.
(In addition to the QBs I listed above....perhaps throw in Derrick Henry in their as well.
The question is whether or not either Baker or BR are more instrumental to their team's success.
Baker is every bit as essential or essential to this team's current success as BR. Because, again, BR does NOT have to score like 30+ pts a game.
Is BR having a good year? Yes....but he is still dinking and dunking....far more than Brady ever did. (you are in complete Trump mode on that issue...lying in the face of clear evidence to the contrary.) But hell, if you put the Duck in their that team would probably be 9-1.
And the other question is: is BR in the MVP conversation. The answer is clearly NOT....because of what I said....he is clearly not as instrumental to his team's success as is a dozen other players in this league.
(In addition to the QBs I listed above....perhaps throw in Derrick Henry in their as well.
Gipper you never form your own opinions. You go off the talking heads, PFF etc and then come to a conclusion. Anyone suggesting Ben isn't instrumental to the steelers 10-0 record isn't paying attention. Ben also takes quite a few shots per game down field. The man did avulse all his tendons off his elbow. Brady is king of the 10-15 yard pass so again gipper talking out of his ass. I'm used to it but know when I read your diatribes the entire time I'm rolling my eyes.
I'm perfectly fine with the steelers somehow "flying under the radar" at 10-0.
-
But hell, if you put the Duck in their that team would probably be 9-1.
Oh Gipper. Gip, Gip, Gip.
That's just a horrible take.
Oh Gipper. Gip, Gip, Gip.
That's just a horrible take.
Gipper is a horrible take machine. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy in person but he's near the fucking bottom excluding the full tilt mouth breathers here of people I'd go to for any sort of breakdown. Be better gipper. You fucking suck at this.
-
But hell, if you put the Duck in their that team would probably be 9-1.
Oh Gipper. Gip, Gip, Gip.
That's just a horrible take.
Oh Gipper. Gip, Gip, Gip.
That's just a horrible take.
It may be a bit of a stretch, but I don't think it is far off. It is a "bad take because it is so close to being accurate."
After today the Steelers will be #1 in defensive points allowed. I think the Duck could have carried them to a fine record with that defense.
-
Oh Gipper. Gip, Gip, Gip.
That's just a horrible take.
It may be a bit of a stretch, but I don't think it is far off. It is a "bad take because it is so close to being accurate."
After today the Steelers will be #1 in defensive points allowed. I think the Duck could have carried them to a fine record with that defense.
It may be a bit of a stretch, but I don't think it is far off. It is a "bad take because it is so close to being accurate."
After today the Steelers will be #1 in defensive points allowed. I think the Duck could have carried them to a fine record with that defense.
No gipper, it's a terrible fucking take. Again Ben is poised to shatter his single season td record. He drops dimes on wr's deep every single game. Throws lazers in tight coverage. No one in Pittsburgh gives a single shit about hardware other than a Lombardi. You don't watch much football, that is clear.
-
The question is whether or not either Baker or BR are more instrumental to their team's success.
Baker is every bit as essential or essential to this team's current success as BR. Because, again, BR does NOT have to score like 30+ pts a game.
Is BR having a good year? Yes....but he is still dinking and dunking....far more than Brady ever did. (you are in complete Trump mode on that issue...lying in the face of clear evidence to the contrary.) But hell, if you put the Duck in their that team would probably be 9-1.
And the other question is: is BR in the MVP conversation. The answer is clearly NOT....because of what I said....he is clearly not as instrumental to his team's success as is a dozen other players in this league.
(In addition to the QBs I listed above....perhaps throw in Derrick Henry in their as well.
Gipper you never form your own opinions. You go off the talking heads, PFF etc and then come to a conclusion. Anyone suggesting Ben isn't instrumental to the steelers 10-0 record isn't paying attention. Ben also takes quite a few shots per game down field. The man did avulse all his tendons off his elbow. Brady is king of the 10-15 yard pass so again gipper talking out of his ass. I'm used to it but know when I read your diatribes the entire time I'm rolling my eyes.
I'm perfectly fine with the steelers somehow "flying under the radar" at 10-0.
Gipper you never form your own opinions. You go off the talking heads, PFF etc and then come to a conclusion. Anyone suggesting Ben isn't instrumental to the steelers 10-0 record isn't paying attention. Ben also takes quite a few shots per game down field. The man did avulse all his tendons off his elbow. Brady is king of the 10-15 yard pass so again gipper talking out of his ass. I'm used to it but know when I read your diatribe the entire time I'm rolling my eyes.
I'm perfectly fine with the steelers somehow "flying under the radar" at 10-0.
You are as dumb a Khunt as it appears. To think that I don't form my own opinions is laughable....to anyone that knows me, including anyone here.
First off, I never consult PFF. PFR, yes, for basic stats. And trust me, while I listen to some talking heads...that is what smart people do....they listen and learn.
YOU are the one without a single scientient thought to you. You just give the typical Stupidsteelerfan babble that is scripted for you. And while Brady may hae historically been less of a downfield thrower than BR, we are talking about THIS year...not the last 17 years.
The reason you roll your eyes is because you know that I am not going to let you get away with your bullshit propaganda.
So....let me repeat what this thread is about: Ben Roethlisberger is NOT in the running for MVP because he is NOT nearly as instrumental to his team's success as an entire other host of players are to their team's success this year. No matter how much Trumpism you want to put on it....THAT is the basic truth.
-
Oh Gipper. Gip, Gip, Gip.
That's just a horrible take.
Gipper is a horrible take machine. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy in person but he's near the fucking bottom excluding the full tilt mouth breathers here of people I'd go to for any sort of breakdown. Be better gipper. You fucking suck at this.
Gipper is a horrible take machine. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy in person but he's near the fucking bottom excluding the full tilt mouth breathers here of people I'd go to for any sort of breakdown. Be better gipper. You fucking suck at this.
I am actually a master at it.....because I make you face the truth.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login