Browns vs. Jaguars Data Points
-
Well.....since he has only played 10 games with them, he is not yet on their list of Top players in franchise history. But, eventually, maybe.
Concur!
-
Seems like we never beat this team and we NEVER seem to play well down there. Time for that to change!
-
Seems like we never beat this team and we NEVER seem to play well down there. Time for that to change!
Seems like we never beat this team and we NEVER seem to play well down there. Time for that to change!
As long as Paul McQuistan's not starting at RG... I like our chances.
As for Schobert in JAX... he ain't no Paul Posluszny.
-
Seems like we never beat this team and we NEVER seem to play well down there. Time for that to change!
As long as Paul McQuistan's not starting at RG... I like our chances.
As for Schobert in JAX... he ain't no Paul Posluszny.
-
Zombo said:
Yes, I have sat in that stadium in Jacksonville and been disappointed many times.
Remember, Jacksonville was in the AFC Central from 1995-2001.
I think the Browns will be locked in this week, though ... But you always have to watch out for the wounded animal.
Zombo
I was there for the last game before leaving for Baltimore. We lost on a terrible pass interference call at the last second. Lol. It was poetic.
However, I was ALSO there for the Quincy Morgan Hail Mary! That shit was one of the best sporting experiences in my life. Punches were thrown, smack was talked, cops were involved, and we ran down the ramps of the stadium like we won the championship.
-
Denzel Ward pulled a calf muscle, with an MRI pending.
His status for Sunday’s game is uncertain.
-
Denzel Ward pulled a calf muscle, with an MRI pending.
His status for Sunday’s game is uncertain.
Denzel Ward pulled a calf muscle, with an MRI pending.
His status for Sunday’s game is uncertain.
When the hell did that happen?
-
Denzel Ward pulled a calf muscle, with an MRI pending.
His status for Sunday’s game is uncertain.
When the hell did that happen?
-
I saw it on the sports report on channel 8 news out of Cleveland this morning.
They had a graphic up on the screen about it, but unfortunately my boss was on the phone at that time (TV was muted).
Ward does not want to lose the race to see which highly drafted CB is out the most games this year, himself or Greedy.?
-
...was listening to The Fan during the day at work. For a long time it sounded like Ward's injury was quite serious. I think his tweet this morning was a prayer of some sort. Fortunate to hear that he'll be back. It took Teller multiple weeks to come back from his calf injury.
We're going to suffer mightily without Ward & Myles. Hopefully we can slip out of florida with a win Sunday, Tenn I had as a loss on my schedule but I was hoping that we could be at full strength for the Ravens game...I'd be surprised if Ward is back by then.
-
I still miss him....as does our defense. We'd be really different on D with him.
Prepare for a shock... I disagree.
He was never a tone-setting type MLB. I mean can you recall a single hit he made that prompted you to say, "Whoa"? I can't...
Would we be better? Yes... but not demonstrably different.
But rest easy... he might be back down the road as his (IMO) oversized contract is back-loaded going from a very friendly $5.4mm this season to $9.9 next to $13.6 in 2014 with the bulk of the back-end non-guaranteed.
-
I still miss him....as does our defense. We'd be really different on D with him.
Prepare for a shock... I disagree.
He was never a tone-setting type MLB. I mean can you recall a single hit he made that prompted you to say, "Whoa"? I can't...
Would we be better? Yes... but not demonstrably different.
But rest easy... he might be back down the road as his (IMO) oversized contract is back-loaded going from a very friendly $5.4mm this season to $9.9 next to $13.6 in 2014 with the bulk of the back-end non-guaranteed.
He was never a tone-setting type MLB. I mean can you recall a single hit he made that prompted you to say, "Whoa"? I can't..
I kind of agree with you there. Joe was never a Ray Lewis or Kuechly guy (God I wanted him so badly), but he was a guy who made plays, ya know? Interceptions, fumble recoveries, sacks, or whatever. He was around the ball ALWAYS, and he could cover. That being said, Schobert hasn't really played all that well this season I don't think (I could be wrong).
In end, it's a good thing we didn't sign him because of the covid budget crunch next year, so we're still in good shape. We've got to extend Ward, Teller, Chubb, and probably others.
-
The thing is, the Browns, in their entire history have not really ever had that major stud at MLB. In checking, I see that Mike Johnson went to two Pro Bowls and is about the best that we have had in my recollection. Eddie Johnson is an MLB that we have fond memories of. . And Pepper Johnson went to one. Johnson, Johnson, and Johnson. Schobert did make the PB in 2017. Walt Michaels went to a number of PBs in the 50s, but he alternated from the middle to the outside...and that was before my time so I never really saw him play to know if he really was that stud.
-
I always wondered if Schobert would have been better cast at the weakside LB in the 4-3, instead of the MLB position.
He was smart player who was good against the pass, but definitely not Butkus against the run.
-
50% chance of rain now. God I'm so sick of bad weather. Come on weather gods! ?
-
I always wondered if Schobert would have been better cast at the weakside LB in the 4-3, instead of the MLB position.
He was smart player who was good against the pass, but definitely not Butkus against the run.
I always wondered if Schobert would have been better cast at the weakside LB in the 4-3, instead of the MLB position.
He was smart player who was good against the pass, but definitely not Butkus against the run.
No they tried that. It didn’t work
-
The thing is, the Browns, in their entire history have not really ever had that major stud at MLB. In checking, I see that Mike Johnson went to two Pro Bowls and is about the best that we have had in my recollection. Eddie Johnson is an MLB that we have fond memories of. . And Pepper Johnson went to one. Johnson, Johnson, and Johnson. Schobert did make the PB in 2017. Walt Michaels went to a number of PBs in the 50s, but he alternated from the middle to the outside...and that was before my time so I never really saw him play to know if he really was that stud.
The thing is, the Browns, in their entire history have not really ever had that major stud at MLB.
Dick Ambrose was about as good as we've ever had. I mean the guy's nickname was "Bam Bam"...
And of course there was Vince Costello in the middle back in our heyday. Held down the spot for a decade. Met Vince at the '64 teams Hiram reunion.
No they tried that. It didn’t work
Not exactly... he played some LOLB his rookie year in Horton's 3-4. Played heavier and looked slow. Kirksey filled one of the ILB slots.
The next year it was the trimmed-down Joe that moved into the middle of Williams' 4-3. Kirk moved outside. I think Williams knew what he was doing, but Joe likely would have done well outside.
-
Zombo said:
Bottlegate!
I threw bottles!
Z
Thatta boy! Just a few days later, somebody posted a picture of Stan (Atenears) in the wind-up throwing a bottle while he was already nervous about a potential court case with Merletti. I hit the deck LMAO and he told me "it's not funny Flugel that Merletti is a bad dude." I said you just tell that Stadium Five-O Chief nobody fux with your curve ball.
I miss that guy!
-
The thing is, the Browns, in their entire history have not really ever had that major stud at MLB.
Dick Ambrose was about as good as we've ever had. I mean the guy's nickname was "Bam Bam"...
And of course there was Vince Costello in the middle back in our heyday. Held down the spot for a decade. Met Vince at the '64 teams Hiram reunion.
No they tried that. It didn’t work
Not exactly... he played some LOLB his rookie year in Horton's 3-4. Played heavier and looked slow. Kirksey filled one of the ILB slots.
The next year it was the trimmed-down Joe that moved into the middle of Williams' 4-3. Kirk moved outside. I think Williams knew what he was doing, but Joe likely would have done well outside.
Dick Ambrose was about as good as we've ever had. I mean the guy's nickname was "Bam Bam"...
And of course there was Vince Costello in the middle back in our heyday. Held down the spot for a decade. Met Vince at the '64 teams Hiram reunion.
They were pretty good, but certainly not HOF caliber. In fact, in checking neither of them actually ever made a Pro Bowl. Mike Johnson and Walt Michaels are the only Browns MLBs that I see making more than one.
Not exactly... he played some LOLB his rookie year in Horton's 3-4. Played heavier and looked slow. Kirksey filled one of the ILB slots.
The next year it was the trimmed-down Joe that moved into the middle of Williams' 4-3. Kirk moved outside. I think Williams knew what he was doing, but Joe likely would have done well outside.
That was what I was thinking of....the fact that he played on the outside his rookie year...and they felt the need to put him inside.
-
Dick Ambrose was about as good as we've ever had. I mean the guy's nickname was "Bam Bam"...
And of course there was Vince Costello in the middle back in our heyday. Held down the spot for a decade. Met Vince at the '64 teams Hiram reunion.
They were pretty good, but certainly not HOF caliber. In fact, in checking neither of them actually ever made a Pro Bowl. Mike Johnson and Walt Michaels are the only Browns MLBs that I see making more than one.
Not exactly... he played some LOLB his rookie year in Horton's 3-4. Played heavier and looked slow. Kirksey filled one of the ILB slots.
The next year it was the trimmed-down Joe that moved into the middle of Williams' 4-3. Kirk moved outside. I think Williams knew what he was doing, but Joe likely would have done well outside.
That was what I was thinking of....the fact that he played on the outside his rookie year...and they felt the need to put him inside.
- They were pretty good, but certainly not HOF caliber. In fact, in checking neither of them actually ever made a Pro Bowl. Mike Johnson and Walt Michaels are the only Browns MLBs that I see making more than one.
- That was what I was thinking of....the fact that he played on the outside his rookie year...and they felt the need to put him inside.
- Vince and Dick were both pretty good for a long time and impacted the games when they played. HOF is a ridiculous criteria and Pro Bowl isn't much better as it only means that a couple of others were better at their positions in a given year.
- Again, no... different Defensive schemes... different skill sets. There's no basis for saying Joe would or would not be good on the outside in a 4-3. Only thing that can be said is that Williams believed Joe's contributions would be greater inside.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login