Skip to content

NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research Project

The Browns Board
59 12 1.6k
  • Hope things are going better for the kid in other teams' forums...

    @tour2ma said:

    Hope things are going better for the kid in other teams' forums...

    Well....as I said,  I just think he got some of his premises  wrong.    Just because a team gets some new players or a new coach is NOT to me a rebranding.  Nor is going from winning to losing and vice versa.  Nor is having some slight changes in uniform design.

    Dropping your name.....ala  Redskins to WTF or WFT...that counts

    Moving.....like the Chargers/Rams/Raiders   (Not sure why he did not include the Raiders on his list)....those count.

    Moving/changing your name/changing your colors out right....like the Houston Oiler/Tennessee Titans, certainly counts. (I know I am going back there). 

    And saying the Browns have been perennial losers their entire existence just required  a   woodshed-like lesson to be applied. 

    Best damned GIF - Find on GIFER

  • Look guys I'm sorry for offending your beloved Browns, but I was just trying to clarify why I considered the past few years a rebrand for Cleveland. You all have the right to your own opinions, but so do I, and thankfully you guys aren't the ones grading my synthesis paper. I'm willing to put AFC North differences aside here and just ask a fellow human for some help with my research project. The survey only takes about 30 seconds to complete, so please consider taking some time out of your day to fill it out. Thank you again.

  • Hope things are going better for the kid in other teams' forums...

    @tour2ma said:

    Hope things are going better for the kid in other teams' forums...

    And yes, numerous fans of the Washington Football Team were more than willing to fill out my survey.

  • Look guys I'm sorry for offending your beloved Browns, but I was just trying to clarify why I considered the past few years a rebrand for Cleveland. You all have the right to your own opinions, but so do I, and thankfully you guys aren't the ones grading my synthesis paper. I'm willing to put AFC North differences aside here and just ask a fellow human for some help with my research project. The survey only takes about 30 seconds to complete, so please consider taking some time out of your day to fill it out. Thank you again.

    @apereg11 said:

    Look guys I'm sorry for offending your beloved Browns, but I was just trying to clarify why I considered the past few years a rebrand for Cleveland. You all have the right to your own opinions, but so do I, and thankfully you guys aren't the ones grading my synthesis paper. I'm willing to put AFC North differences aside here and just ask a fellow human for some help with my research project. The survey only takes about 30 seconds to complete, so please consider taking some time out of your day to fill it out. Thank you again.

    It is not a matter of being offensive. It is a matter of being misinformed.  There are  piss poor opinions, there are neutral opinions, and there are learned opinions.   Yours was NOT a learned opinion.  But its not that it was totally piss poor....we know how bad the Browns have been during the tenure of your short life.  What was piss poor was your statement that the Browns have been perennial losers for their entire existence.  That opinion was based on pure ignorance of the facts.  (the benign kind of ignorance...in that you probably just did not know their history....fair to say?).   

    And, indeed you are partially wrong when you say that we are not the ones grading your paper.  When you involve the public for input....you also request  their assessment of what you are doing,   wrong and right , along with everything else.   You can ask your teacher....the commentary about your survey is as much or more important of a part of your study as the 1-5 questions you ask.   I personally disagree, again, with your characterization of "my team"  as being a "rebranded" team, per your definition. But you do not account for that, and I believe you must.   I think...and I think your teacher would think that if there is input made to you that your premises may flawed.....or if there was some other disputable  contention about your survey that you elicited from the public, that must be included as a part of your study. 

    Example of a bad sort of poll :  (and I provide this to you as a political scientist).....Your poll is not much different from a political poll.  If there are flaws in the subject...if you make assumptions that you shouldn't, it could be garbage in, garbage out.   Like the 2016  Presidential polls.  While those were not far off as the entire country is concerned,  there were certain local/state issues with the polling that caused them  to be all wrong. 

    So, you see the importance of certain contrary input. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Hope things are going better for the kid in other teams' forums...

    And yes, numerous fans of the Washington Football Team were more than willing to fill out my survey.

    @apereg11 said:

    And yes, numerous fans of the Washington Football Team were more than willing to fill out my survey.

    Well, they truly are a team that has undergone a "rebranding". 

  • @gunz41 said:

    Let's give him a little credit, maybe he wants to compare the Cleveland Browns to the entire history of Baltimore.

    Cleveland Browns 8 championships, Baltimore 7. 

    Oops, that can't be it.

    Hmm???

    Ahh I got it now... Buccaneers, Seahawks, Jets, Saints, Vikings, and Ravens TOTAL is 7. Shoot, we were so close. 

    Heck I give up. Here are the Top 5 championships by team.

    1. Green Bay- 13

    2. Chicago- 9 (one year as Staleys)

    3. Cleveland- 8

    3. NY Giants- 8

    5. New England-6 

    5. Pittsburgh- 6

    So again @apereg11, tell us again how the Browns have ALWAYS been perennial losers?

    Well...if you are going to compare cities....then you have to include the other 5 NFL titles won by teams in Northeast Ohio/Greater Cleveland.  

    That means that  Cleveland and Green Bay are tied for the most Pro Football Championships in history with 13...it just that theirs has been by only one team where we have had  5 different teams.  

    And, again, if we are talking about City titles......New England would have 7 including the one won by Providence.   New York 9 including the Giants 8 and the Jets one.   Chicago has 11 including the Bears 9 and the Cardinals 2. 

    Other cities with multiple teams winning titles:

    Philadelphia: Yellow Jackets and Eagles

    Baltimore:  Colts and Ravens

    Dallas:  Texans and Cowboys.

    Los Angeles:  Rams and Raiders

    SFO/Oakland:   49ers and Raiders

    All this may not fit into  what the kid wants for his survey.....nevertheless, it sounded like he needed a football history lesson. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well...if you are going to compare cities....then you have to include the other 5 NFL titles won by teams in Northeast Ohio/Greater Cleveland.  

    That means that  Cleveland and Green Bay are tied for the most Pro Football Championships in history with 13...it just that theirs has been by only one team where we have had  5 different teams.  

    And, again, if we are talking about City titles......New England would have 7 including the one won by Providence.   New York 9 including the Giants 8 and the Jets one.   Chicago has 11 including the Bears 9 and the Cardinals 2. 

    Other cities with multiple teams winning titles:

    Philadelphia: Yellow Jackets and Eagles

    Baltimore:  Colts and Ravens

    Dallas:  Texans and Cowboys.

    Los Angeles:  Rams and Raiders

    SFO/Oakland:   49ers and Raiders

    All this may not fit into  what the kid wants for his survey.....nevertheless, it sounded like he needed a football history lesson. 

    I think the rub i was trying to point to for the "high schooler" went over your head. I wasn't trying to compare cities, only used Baltimore to prove a point since he referred to Browns as perennial losers. 

    So his entire city pro football history would be more of a loser. Its the reason I added 6 franchises up and they didn't reach the level of the BROWNS. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well...if you are going to compare cities....then you have to include the other 5 NFL titles won by teams in Northeast Ohio/Greater Cleveland.  

    That means that  Cleveland and Green Bay are tied for the most Pro Football Championships in history with 13...it just that theirs has been by only one team where we have had  5 different teams.  

    And, again, if we are talking about City titles......New England would have 7 including the one won by Providence.   New York 9 including the Giants 8 and the Jets one.   Chicago has 11 including the Bears 9 and the Cardinals 2. 

    Other cities with multiple teams winning titles:

    Philadelphia: Yellow Jackets and Eagles

    Baltimore:  Colts and Ravens

    Dallas:  Texans and Cowboys.

    Los Angeles:  Rams and Raiders

    SFO/Oakland:   49ers and Raiders

    All this may not fit into  what the kid wants for his survey.....nevertheless, it sounded like he needed a football history lesson. 

    I think the rub i was trying to point to for the "high schooler" went over your head. I wasn't trying to compare cities, only used Baltimore to prove a point since he referred to Browns as perennial losers. 

    So his entire city pro football history would be more of a loser. Its the reason I added 6 franchises up and they didn't reach the level of the BROWNS. 

    @gunz41 said:

    I think the rub i was trying to point to for the "high schooler" went over your head. I wasn't trying to compare cities, only used Baltimore to prove a point since he referred to Browns as perennial losers. 

    So his entire city pro football history would be more of a loser. Its the reason I added 6 franchises up and they didn't reach the level of the BROWNS. 

    No, your point didn't go over my head......I just took your references as an opportunity to further educate the kid on some historical points. 

  • One last time I just ask as a fellow human if any of you would be willing to help me out and fill out my survey (5-10 more responses would be ideal). This whole thing wasn't meant to be an attack on the Browns in any way. I know it's not often that a Ravens fan appears on a Browns fan page, so I know obliterating me with facts must have been tempting and enjoyable. This is a lot to ask for, but if there's any way that the few people who filled out the survey can share it with close friends or family, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all again and I wish you all the best of luck on Monday night against Baltimore, it's gonna be a good one. 

  • Look guys I'm sorry for offending your beloved Browns, but I was just trying to clarify why I considered the past few years a rebrand for Cleveland. You all have the right to your own opinions, but so do I, and thankfully you guys aren't the ones grading my synthesis paper. I'm willing to put AFC North differences aside here and just ask a fellow human for some help with my research project. The survey only takes about 30 seconds to complete, so please consider taking some time out of your day to fill it out. Thank you again.

    @apereg11 said:

    Look guys I'm sorry for offending your beloved Browns, but I was just trying to clarify why I considered the past few years a rebrand for Cleveland. You all have the right to your own opinions, but so do I, and thankfully you guys aren't the ones grading my synthesis paper. I'm willing to put AFC North differences aside here and just ask a fellow human for some help with my research project. The survey only takes about 30 seconds to complete, so please consider taking some time out of your day to fill it out. Thank you again.

    You see young man, like I said before, YOU are the one who changed your criteria. You 1st just went with your statement of rebranding. And as you said, that for your purposes can be defined by you.

    But then you went to calling the Browns perennial losers. If you had simply quantified that as being from the resumption in 1999 then you would not have gotten the responses you did. But when YOU entered into data the 80s, then you open that up to the entire history. 

    So would you quantify an organization with 8 titles as a perennial loser? Now, if I were you, you better hope that your teacher doesn't have the knowledge or does the research to quantify what a perennial loser is. Because then you would be starting on a false premise.

    And speaking of, wouldn't your premise of a rebranding be a bit premature anyway? Because just a couple years ago by your original thought would have been bestowed upon the Jaguars. And look at them now. 

  • @apereg11 said:

    Look guys I'm sorry for offending your beloved Browns, but I was just trying to clarify why I considered the past few years a rebrand for Cleveland. You all have the right to your own opinions, but so do I, and thankfully you guys aren't the ones grading my synthesis paper. I'm willing to put AFC North differences aside here and just ask a fellow human for some help with my research project. The survey only takes about 30 seconds to complete, so please consider taking some time out of your day to fill it out. Thank you again.

    You see young man, like I said before, YOU are the one who changed your criteria. You 1st just went with your statement of rebranding. And as you said, that for your purposes can be defined by you.

    But then you went to calling the Browns perennial losers. If you had simply quantified that as being from the resumption in 1999 then you would not have gotten the responses you did. But when YOU entered into data the 80s, then you open that up to the entire history. 

    So would you quantify an organization with 8 titles as a perennial loser? Now, if I were you, you better hope that your teacher doesn't have the knowledge or does the research to quantify what a perennial loser is. Because then you would be starting on a false premise.

    And speaking of, wouldn't your premise of a rebranding be a bit premature anyway? Because just a couple years ago by your original thought would have been bestowed upon the Jaguars. And look at them now. 

    @gunz41 said:

    You see young man, like I said before, YOU are the one who changed your criteria. You 1st just went with your statement of rebranding. And as you said, that for your purposes can be defined by you.

    But then you went to calling the Browns perennial losers. If you had simply quantified that as being from the resumption in 1999 then you would not have gotten the responses you did. But when YOU entered into data the 80s, then you open that up to the entire history. 

    So would you quantify an organization with 8 titles as a perennial loser? Now, if I were you, you better hope that your teacher doesn't have the knowledge or does the research to quantify what a perennial loser is. Because then you would be starting on a false premise.

    And speaking of, wouldn't your premise of a rebranding be a bit premature anyway? Because just a couple years ago by your original thought would have been bestowed upon the Jaguars. And look at them now. 

    I'll be a man here and admit I was wrong. I shouldn't have included the 80's playoff loses in my original explanation. I understand that the rebooted Browns of '99 are a completely different organization than the one that moved to Baltimore in '96. I also want all of you to know that I'm not including the background of each team in my synthesis paper, so your beloved Browns reputation won't be tarnished.

    I should have also mentioned that with my definition of a rebrand, I view the 2014 Browns as also having rebranded. The 2018 point that I clarified in my survey was an attempt for the Browns (yet again in my eyes) to reverse their reputation because they knew they had a lot of young talent and a new reputable coaching staff. 

    In regard to the Jags, their recent rebrand was the opposite of what I view the Browns rebrand to be. The Jags are going from a defensive minded Super Bowl contender to a rebuilding team who's only real identity is looking forward to the future where as the Browns are going from an unsuccessful team (in the 21st century) to one that looks to be a contender for years to come with loaded young talent.

  • Zombo said:

    It won't be a "good one" for you, you little history-denying Ratbird Bastard, I hope no one else fills out your gay survey.

    Z

    Do you feel accomplished for attacking a child? At least the rest of the people here have the dignity to correct me with facts and offer suggestions for my survey. I don't understand how an adult can feel dignified by saying that.

  • Zombo said:

    It won't be a "good one" for you, you little history-denying Ratbird Bastard, I hope no one else fills out your gay survey.

    Z

    Do you feel accomplished for attacking a child? At least the rest of the people here have the dignity to correct me with facts and offer suggestions for my survey. I don't understand how an adult can feel dignified by saying that.

    @apereg11 said:

    Do you feel accomplished for attacking a child? At least the rest of the people here have the dignity to correct me with facts and offer suggestions for my survey. I don't understand how an adult can feel dignified by saying that.

    yes, you are childish and insulting. In the past, we've met a few ratbird fans at a tailgate - a few years ago - and they

    were great guys.

       You, not so much.  I kick squealer and ratbird players off my fantasy football teams, if the computer picked them for me when I was out of town, don't care about your survey...but don't you have 9th grade homework to do?

  • @apereg11 said:

    Do you feel accomplished for attacking a child? At least the rest of the people here have the dignity to correct me with facts and offer suggestions for my survey. I don't understand how an adult can feel dignified by saying that.

    yes, you are childish and insulting. In the past, we've met a few ratbird fans at a tailgate - a few years ago - and they

    were great guys.

       You, not so much.  I kick squealer and ratbird players off my fantasy football teams, if the computer picked them for me when I was out of town, don't care about your survey...but don't you have 9th grade homework to do?

    @calfoxwc said:

    yes, you are childish and insulting. In the past, we've met a few ratbird fans at a tailgate - a few years ago - and they

    were great guys.

       You, not so much.  I kick squealer and ratbird players off my fantasy football teams, if the computer picked them for me when I was out of town, don't care about your survey...but don't you have 9th grade homework to do?

    Can you name a time where I was childish and insulting? I was the one who has been man enough to admit I was wrong about the Browns' history and ask for forgiveness. Also I'm a senior taking all college classes, and this is technically part of my homework. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    yes, you are childish and insulting. In the past, we've met a few ratbird fans at a tailgate - a few years ago - and they

    were great guys.

       You, not so much.  I kick squealer and ratbird players off my fantasy football teams, if the computer picked them for me when I was out of town, don't care about your survey...but don't you have 9th grade homework to do?

    Can you name a time where I was childish and insulting? I was the one who has been man enough to admit I was wrong about the Browns' history and ask for forgiveness. Also I'm a senior taking all college classes, and this is technically part of my homework. 

    @apereg11 said:

    Can you name a time where I was childish and insulting? I was the one who has been man enough to admit I was wrong about the Browns' history and ask for forgiveness. Also I'm a senior taking all college classes, and this is technically part of my homework. 

    Just look at this as a bunch of old men yelling, "Hey kid, get off my damn lawn!"?

    Smile and keep working hard in school.?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    yes, you are childish and insulting. In the past, we've met a few ratbird fans at a tailgate - a few years ago - and they

    were great guys.

       You, not so much.  I kick squealer and ratbird players off my fantasy football teams, if the computer picked them for me when I was out of town, don't care about your survey...but don't you have 9th grade homework to do?

    Can you name a time where I was childish and insulting? I was the one who has been man enough to admit I was wrong about the Browns' history and ask for forgiveness. Also I'm a senior taking all college classes, and this is technically part of my homework. 

    @apereg11 said:

    Can you name a time where I was childish and insulting? I was the one who has been man enough to admit I was wrong about the Browns' history and ask for forgiveness. Also I'm a senior taking all college classes, and this is technically part of my homework. 

    1. "perennial losers"

    Coming a ratbird fan, this is smack, and deserves to be treated as such.

    ***************************************************************************

    2. "recently rebranded"

    "Often, this involves radical changes to a brand's logo, name, legal names, image, marketing strategy, and advertising themes. Such changes typically aim to reposition the brand/company, occasionally to distance itself from negative connotations of the previous branding, or to move the brand upmarket; they may also communicate a new message a new board of directors wishes to communicate."

      We KEPT our logo, we KEPT our name, we KEPT our history. and marketing and advertising isn't all that different across the NFL I don't think. Don't misuse words, that is what I think. It helps dramatically in communication with other people.

    ***************************************************************************

    So, you're a senior, cool. You aren't a child then. Don't use the "child" victim card.

    When you graduate, here's my advice, btw, don't go to Ft. Lauderdale - we decided to go take a two week trip to central Ontario, to the end of the highway, to the end of a 6 mile jeep trail, and camped for two weeks on the other side of a remote wilderness lake. You can talk about it in your later years, and be very proud you didn't get in trouble partying in Florida.

  • @apereg11 said:

    Can you name a time where I was childish and insulting? I was the one who has been man enough to admit I was wrong about the Browns' history and ask for forgiveness. Also I'm a senior taking all college classes, and this is technically part of my homework. 

    1. "perennial losers"

    Coming a ratbird fan, this is smack, and deserves to be treated as such.

    ***************************************************************************

    2. "recently rebranded"

    "Often, this involves radical changes to a brand's logo, name, legal names, image, marketing strategy, and advertising themes. Such changes typically aim to reposition the brand/company, occasionally to distance itself from negative connotations of the previous branding, or to move the brand upmarket; they may also communicate a new message a new board of directors wishes to communicate."

      We KEPT our logo, we KEPT our name, we KEPT our history. and marketing and advertising isn't all that different across the NFL I don't think. Don't misuse words, that is what I think. It helps dramatically in communication with other people.

    ***************************************************************************

    So, you're a senior, cool. You aren't a child then. Don't use the "child" victim card.

    When you graduate, here's my advice, btw, don't go to Ft. Lauderdale - we decided to go take a two week trip to central Ontario, to the end of the highway, to the end of a 6 mile jeep trail, and camped for two weeks on the other side of a remote wilderness lake. You can talk about it in your later years, and be very proud you didn't get in trouble partying in Florida.

    @calfoxwc said:

    1. "perennial losers"

    Coming a ratbird fan, this is smack, and deserves to be treated as such.

    ***************************************************************************

    2. "recently rebranded"

    "Often, this involves radical changes to a brand's logo, name, legal names, image, marketing strategy, and advertising themes. Such changes typically aim to reposition the brand/company, occasionally to distance itself from negative connotations of the previous branding, or to move the brand upmarket; they may also communicate a new message a new board of directors wishes to communicate."

      We KEPT our logo, we KEPT our name, we KEPT our history. and marketing and advertising isn't all that different across the NFL I don't think. Don't misuse words, that is what I think. It helps dramatically in communication with other people.

    ***************************************************************************

    So, you're a senior, cool. You aren't a child then. Don't use the "child" victim card.

    When you graduate, here's my advice, btw, don't go to Ft. Lauderdale - we decided to go take a two week trip to central Ontario, to the end of the highway, to the end of a 6 mile jeep trail, and camped for two weeks on the other side of a remote wilderness lake. You can talk about it in your later years, and be very proud you didn't get in trouble partying in Florida.

    See, this is the real criticism I can actually take. Thank you for not insulting me just because I'm not a Browns fan, and I'll make sure to go nowhere near Fort Lauderdale. 

  • @apereg11 said:

    Can you name a time where I was childish and insulting? I was the one who has been man enough to admit I was wrong about the Browns' history and ask for forgiveness. Also I'm a senior taking all college classes, and this is technically part of my homework. 

    Just look at this as a bunch of old men yelling, "Hey kid, get off my damn lawn!"?

    Smile and keep working hard in school.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Just look at this as a bunch of old men yelling, "Hey kid, get off my damn lawn!"?

    Smile and keep working hard in school.?

    Also shout out to this guy

  • As many people have stated -- If every 3-5 years are a rebranding then the term "rebranding" has no actual meaning.. because that word has to be fundamentally more substantial than the changes that are in fact a part of day-to-day [or year-to-year] operations.  Browns hiring different GM/coach/QB's have really just been operations.

    Haslam took far too long to accept that him doing day-to-day ops is not a good thing.. and because the team was his playtoy, he was "given" the "organizational opportunity" to learn it in-house rather than what would happen if he was in any position other than owner.... he'd get the boot.

    [Wait, what? Rich people aren't any smarter than the rest of us? Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying. If anything, $ leads to a loss of self-awareness]

    What's an actual "rebrand" ? Vegas is a good one.  Browns to Baltimore and restarting record books is one.  Chargers moving back to LA [yes, they spent one year in LA many yrs ago before moving to SD] and getting no fans in seats is a great example of a failing rebrand that's still good for the owner [the TV contract].  All the other examples you stated would.... really be operations.

    If it's all about marketing [which reports to operations] then.. the discussion seems entirely different and pure fluff/fact-doesn't-matter land.  1-3yr draft priorities is just the GM doing [or not doing, hi Texans and Jaguars] their job.  Jags didn't "rebrand" under Caldwell because the problem was Caldwell not the players on the team and so if anything I'd say the rebranding would be when they hire a new full-time GM.. But as the thread has discussed the hiring/firing of GM's isn't really a rebranding either..

  • @gunz41 said:

    You see young man, like I said before, YOU are the one who changed your criteria. You 1st just went with your statement of rebranding. And as you said, that for your purposes can be defined by you.

    But then you went to calling the Browns perennial losers. If you had simply quantified that as being from the resumption in 1999 then you would not have gotten the responses you did. But when YOU entered into data the 80s, then you open that up to the entire history. 

    So would you quantify an organization with 8 titles as a perennial loser? Now, if I were you, you better hope that your teacher doesn't have the knowledge or does the research to quantify what a perennial loser is. Because then you would be starting on a false premise.

    And speaking of, wouldn't your premise of a rebranding be a bit premature anyway? Because just a couple years ago by your original thought would have been bestowed upon the Jaguars. And look at them now. 

    I'll be a man here and admit I was wrong. I shouldn't have included the 80's playoff loses in my original explanation. I understand that the rebooted Browns of '99 are a completely different organization than the one that moved to Baltimore in '96. I also want all of you to know that I'm not including the background of each team in my synthesis paper, so your beloved Browns reputation won't be tarnished.

    I should have also mentioned that with my definition of a rebrand, I view the 2014 Browns as also having rebranded. The 2018 point that I clarified in my survey was an attempt for the Browns (yet again in my eyes) to reverse their reputation because they knew they had a lot of young talent and a new reputable coaching staff. 

    In regard to the Jags, their recent rebrand was the opposite of what I view the Browns rebrand to be. The Jags are going from a defensive minded Super Bowl contender to a rebuilding team who's only real identity is looking forward to the future where as the Browns are going from an unsuccessful team (in the 21st century) to one that looks to be a contender for years to come with loaded young talent.

    @apereg11 said:

    I'll be a man here and admit I was wrong. I shouldn't have included the 80's playoff loses in my original explanation. I understand that the rebooted Browns of '99 are a completely different organization than the one that moved to Baltimore in '96. I also want all of you to know that I'm not including the background of each team in my synthesis paper, so your beloved Browns reputation won't be tarnished.

    I should have also mentioned that with my definition of a rebrand, I view the 2014 Browns as also having rebranded. The 2018 point that I clarified in my survey was an attempt for the Browns (yet again in my eyes) to reverse their reputation because they knew they had a lot of young talent and a new reputable coaching staff. 

    In regard to the Jags, their recent rebrand was the opposite of what I view the Browns rebrand to be. The Jags are going from a defensive minded Super Bowl contender to a rebuilding team who's only real identity is looking forward to the future where as the Browns are going from an unsuccessful team (in the 21st century) to one that looks to be a contender for years to come with loaded young talent.

    I think you missed the entire point, and I am trying to help you.

    Now 1st, I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you are who you say you are. And as such, you shouldn't be spoken to like a few have. Of course I do have a different view of kids that aren't mine as I have coached a long time. But, it also does seem a bit strange that you happen to do this on a week that the Browns and Ravens play. So that is why you are getting some push back from others.

    Now on to what you have said, you will certainly get some negative feedback for saying it is a completely different organization than the one that moved to Baltimore. That is just completely inaccurate. Everything STAYED in Cleveland aside from the current individuals in the organization. 

    I used Jacksonville for a specific reason. They couldn't be considered a rebranding (as you described) because their 1 good year was an outlier. 

    And I have no idea how you can use what you said in this post as evidence. In 2018 (if you are using Bakers 1st year) they did not have a new coaching staff. If you are meaning after the 2018 season when there was hope that Browns had turned a corner, they certainly didn't have a reputable staff, as they had 2 head coaches last year, and NEITHER are on the staff.

    Now I am certainly not in your class or your teacher, but your idea/definition of a rebrand is so off that I don't think that anyone will be able to follow including your teacher the way you are describing it. But let's use a few different things instead of football to show how this is coming off to an outsider. Lets use Basketball 1st. So in your description of a rebrand, the Golden State Warriors have went through 3 rebrand in the last 10 years. Pre Durant, With Durant, Post Durant. Or lets use a company, say Mountain Dew, when they add/remove a new flavor or change a top executive is that rebranding? 

  • One last time I just ask as a fellow human if any of you would be willing to help me out and fill out my survey (5-10 more responses would be ideal). This whole thing wasn't meant to be an attack on the Browns in any way. I know it's not often that a Ravens fan appears on a Browns fan page, so I know obliterating me with facts must have been tempting and enjoyable. This is a lot to ask for, but if there's any way that the few people who filled out the survey can share it with close friends or family, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all again and I wish you all the best of luck on Monday night against Baltimore, it's gonna be a good one. 

    @apereg11 said:

    One last time I just ask as a fellow human if any of you would be willing to help me out and fill out my survey (5-10 more responses would be ideal). This whole thing wasn't meant to be an attack on the Browns in any way. I know it's not often that a Ravens fan appears on a Browns fan page, so I know obliterating me with facts must have been tempting and enjoyable. This is a lot to ask for, but if there's any way that the few people who filled out the survey can share it with close friends or family, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all again and I wish you all the best of luck on Monday night against Baltimore, it's gonna be a good one. 

    You are being obtuse young man.  (look it up).   I provided you with facts simply to educate you to the facts that I assume you likely were never aware of.   That is one thing.

    Your survey is another.   I object to that because I believe you are wholly off base with your premise that the Browns have been "rebranded" in any manner.    A slight change in uniform design is by no means a rebranding.   And as I explained, just getting new personnel, like a QB or WR or even a coach....is just business as usual for NFL teams.   Your premise MAY work with a number  of the other teams that I delineated, but not for this team.

    I suggest simply that you remove the Browns from your study...as it is inapplicable to them.   If the teams you listed in your link are the ones you are to study, as I said before....replace the Browns with the Raiders.....who certainly have been Rebranded  from the Oakland Raiders to the Las Vegas Raiders.   Far more applicable.