Skip to content

The tribe

Political Discussion
40 13 746
  • If this kills baseball, then great. Win win

    @mld-woody said:

    If this kills baseball, then great. Win win

    What do you have against Baseball?  It's way more exciting than Soccer.  Oh I know, it's American.

  • Cincinnati Reds offends me.  They are obviously referring to the Red man.

  • I kind of like The Pittsburgh Toothless Inbred Hillbillies.

  • I kind of like The Pittsburgh Toothless Inbred Hillbillies.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I kind of like The Pittsburgh Toothless Inbred Hillbillies.

    130836904_3741527169274249_6464821729274001817_o.thumb.jpg.91d5edfae0e598d0faaac1fe2911c57a.jpg

  • ^^^^^ I DID enjoy watching the Bills slap the dog snot out of them last night 🙂 ^^^^^

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Who even gives a shit at this point? The whole world is moving to blandly corporate bullshit with no identity. Why should this be any different. They should just name the team after the sponsors at this point. I'm sure the Cleveland progressives would earn the undying love of all. 

    They sort of do that already in the Nippon League in Japan.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    They sort of do that already in the Nippon League in Japan.

    Yeah but they get great mascots 

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    They sort of do that already in the Nippon League in Japan.

    Yeah but they get great mascots 

    @mld-woody said:

    Yeah but they get great mascots 

    Nice deflection.

  • LIMITED TIME ONLY

  • I guess the premise of Major League has become more of a reality or at least a possible reality. Cleveland is a small Market and the owners could probably make more money by selling the team or moving the team and what better way to alienate the handful of remaining fans?

    WSS

  • @mld-woody said:

    Yeah but they get great mascots 

    Nice deflection.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Nice deflection.

    Aaawweeee. You're trying to be a little copycat. 

  • If this kills baseball, then great. Win win

    @mld-woody said:

    If this kills baseball, then great. Win win

    Baseball is way better then the NBA. That mess is unwatchable 

  • I guess the premise of Major League has become more of a reality or at least a possible reality. Cleveland is a small Market and the owners could probably make more money by selling the team or moving the team and what better way to alienate the handful of remaining fans?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I guess the premise of Major League has become more of a reality or at least a possible reality. Cleveland is a small Market and the owners could probably make more money by selling the team or moving the team and what better way to alienate the handful of remaining fans?

    WSS

    I looked up Paul Dolan’s worth and he, and his family are the 4th highest net worth owners in MLB. So if he wants to make more money, he needs to spend more money on better players

    https://www.radio.com/sports/mlb/gallery/the-richest-mlb-owners-ranked-by-net-worth#over--3-5-billion--the-dolans-top-the-list-ckafj93zn006f3h6252iuggrz

  • @westside-steve said:

    I guess the premise of Major League has become more of a reality or at least a possible reality. Cleveland is a small Market and the owners could probably make more money by selling the team or moving the team and what better way to alienate the handful of remaining fans?

    WSS

    I looked up Paul Dolan’s worth and he, and his family are the 4th highest net worth owners in MLB. So if he wants to make more money, he needs to spend more money on better players

    https://www.radio.com/sports/mlb/gallery/the-richest-mlb-owners-ranked-by-net-worth#over--3-5-billion--the-dolans-top-the-list-ckafj93zn006f3h6252iuggrz

    @browns149 said:

    I looked up Paul Dolan’s worth and he, and his family are the 4th highest net worth owners in MLB. So if he wants to make more money, he needs to spend more money on better players

    https://www.radio.com/sports/mlb/gallery/the-richest-mlb-owners-ranked-by-net-worth#over--3-5-billion--the-dolans-top-the-list-ckafj93zn006f3h6252iuggrz

    Sure, who knows? Dick Jacobs could have done the same thing I suppose. Would another relief pitcher have pushed the tribe over the top? Who knows. But Jacobs did brag about his bottom line while Wayne huizenga lost a stack of cash. Nobody remembers that today do they? But he's got the pennant on his wall.

    I just can't figure out any other logical reason they would make this switch. I don't know who gives a shit? Except a handful of white liberals. Maybe you know who...

    WSS

  • @browns149 said:

    I looked up Paul Dolan’s worth and he, and his family are the 4th highest net worth owners in MLB. So if he wants to make more money, he needs to spend more money on better players

    https://www.radio.com/sports/mlb/gallery/the-richest-mlb-owners-ranked-by-net-worth#over--3-5-billion--the-dolans-top-the-list-ckafj93zn006f3h6252iuggrz

    Sure, who knows? Dick Jacobs could have done the same thing I suppose. Would another relief pitcher have pushed the tribe over the top? Who knows. But Jacobs did brag about his bottom line while Wayne huizenga lost a stack of cash. Nobody remembers that today do they? But he's got the pennant on his wall.

    I just can't figure out any other logical reason they would make this switch. I don't know who gives a shit? Except a handful of white liberals. Maybe you know who...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Sure, who knows? Dick Jacobs could have done the same thing I suppose. Would another relief pitcher have pushed the tribe over the top? Who knows. But Jacobs did brag about his bottom line while Wayne huizenga lost a stack of cash. Nobody remembers that today do they? But he's got the pennant on his wall.

    I just can't figure out any other logical reason they would make this switch. I don't know who gives a shit? Except a handful of white liberals. Maybe you know who...

    WSS

    I don’t get it either. The name Indians doesn’t seem any worse then Chiefs or Braves

  • I've only seen a couple of morons on Facebook screaming about racism and bigots and how the name should have been changed decades ago. We probably don't have any of those people here. Hopefully... But I'm just wondering among that group how many are up for packing their shit and getting off tribal land which was, just about everything. I'm guessing somewhere between zero and none.

    WSS

  • I've only seen a couple of morons on Facebook screaming about racism and bigots and how the name should have been changed decades ago. We probably don't have any of those people here. Hopefully... But I'm just wondering among that group how many are up for packing their shit and getting off tribal land which was, just about everything. I'm guessing somewhere between zero and none.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I've only seen a couple of morons on Facebook screaming about racism and bigots and how the name should have been changed decades ago. We probably don't have any of those people here. Hopefully... But I'm just wondering among that group how many are up for packing their shit and getting off tribal land which was, just about everything. I'm guessing somewhere between zero and none.

    WSS

    You can think a name is disrespectful and that it should be changed without giving up everything you own to indigenous people. 

    Again, not everything exists in an extreme. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    I've only seen a couple of morons on Facebook screaming about racism and bigots and how the name should have been changed decades ago. We probably don't have any of those people here. Hopefully... But I'm just wondering among that group how many are up for packing their shit and getting off tribal land which was, just about everything. I'm guessing somewhere between zero and none.

    WSS

    You can think a name is disrespectful and that it should be changed without giving up everything you own to indigenous people. 

    Again, not everything exists in an extreme. 

    @mld-woody said:

    You can think a name is disrespectful and that it should be changed without giving up everything you own to indigenous people. 

    Again, not everything exists in an extreme. 

    So changing the name absolves the past actions of pillage, rape, death and revocation? 

    In a sense, I'm with WSS on this.  It's a cosmetic move at best that does nothing to actually atone for past sins.  It's a "feel good" gesture at best.

    You can commit atrocities, but don't dare insult someone.  That's akin to breaking into a home and stealing everything from a person, but so long as I bake them a cake then it's all good.

    No, things don't have to exist in extremes.  But this is such a half measure that it should be thought of as insult in an of itself.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I've only seen a couple of morons on Facebook screaming about racism and bigots and how the name should have been changed decades ago. We probably don't have any of those people here. Hopefully... But I'm just wondering among that group how many are up for packing their shit and getting off tribal land which was, just about everything. I'm guessing somewhere between zero and none.

    WSS

    You can think a name is disrespectful and that it should be changed without giving up everything you own to indigenous people. 

    Again, not everything exists in an extreme. 

    @mld-woody said:

    You can think a name is disrespectful and that it should be changed without giving up everything you own to indigenous people. 

    Again, not everything exists in an extreme. 

    Sure you can Woody. Especially if you just want to be a grandstanding hypocrite. Otherwise you could put your money where your mouth is. Sorry Chief we're keeping your land but we won't ever mention your name in public again. You can thank me later.

    WSS

  • See the source image

  • @mld-woody said:

    You can think a name is disrespectful and that it should be changed without giving up everything you own to indigenous people. 

    Again, not everything exists in an extreme. 

    So changing the name absolves the past actions of pillage, rape, death and revocation? 

    In a sense, I'm with WSS on this.  It's a cosmetic move at best that does nothing to actually atone for past sins.  It's a "feel good" gesture at best.

    You can commit atrocities, but don't dare insult someone.  That's akin to breaking into a home and stealing everything from a person, but so long as I bake them a cake then it's all good.

    No, things don't have to exist in extremes.  But this is such a half measure that it should be thought of as insult in an of itself.

    @tiamat63 said:

    So changing the name absolves the past actions of pillage, rape, death and revocation? 

    In a sense, I'm with WSS on this.  It's a cosmetic move at best that does nothing to actually atone for past sins.  It's a "feel good" gesture at best.

    You can commit atrocities, but don't dare insult someone.  That's akin to breaking into a home and stealing everything from a person, but so long as I bake them a cake then it's all good.

    No, things don't have to exist in extremes.  But this is such a half measure that it should be thought of as insult in an of itself.

    No one said it absolves anyone of anything. The idea of it absolving anything is in itself extreme. 

    Who is currently, in the US, committing atrocities?

    This one move doesn't have to solve anything. But it can still be a good step to take. If we had a team called the blackfaces I would still say we should change the name even though it wouldn't erase racism. 

    You can make an incremental move even if it doesn't solve or absolve everything