Skip to content

2021 'Who are you watching?' NFL prospect thread.

The Browns Board
402 20 13.5k
  • Taywan Taylor / JoJo Natson are currently on our IR but may not be answers to any question. 

    Both have deep speed.  The question is if they are complete players; both former teams didn't think so.

    Taylor was a 2017 3rd rounder who we paid a 2020 7th round pick to acquire ; Natson was UDFA and saw snaps the last 2 yrs at NYJ. 

    Note, of course, that Taylor was a late day3 2017 prospect at WalterFootball.. Although our pick was the correct 2017 value for him, he was healthy for us until the last couple of games in 2020 and barely made the field even after OBJ's injury.

  • Kadarius Toney.  Problem solved.

  • At this point I'm just watching DB's and Dline.  LB and Oline depth is a less pressing priority.

  • At this point I'm just watching DB's and Dline.  LB and Oline depth is a less pressing priority.

    @tiamat63 said:

    At this point I'm just watching DB's and Dline.  LB and Oline depth is a less pressing priority.

    Dline? I have felt some kind of problem in the rotation, we have a decent Dline but for example Myles needs a breather more often than not. 

    I don't know about contract on that group (Richardson, Vernon?) but another body would be welcome. Are you thinking 2nd, 3rd round? 

  • Taywan Taylor / JoJo Natson are currently on our IR but may not be answers to any question. 

    Both have deep speed.  The question is if they are complete players; both former teams didn't think so.

    Taylor was a 2017 3rd rounder who we paid a 2020 7th round pick to acquire ; Natson was UDFA and saw snaps the last 2 yrs at NYJ. 

    Note, of course, that Taylor was a late day3 2017 prospect at WalterFootball.. Although our pick was the correct 2017 value for him, he was healthy for us until the last couple of games in 2020 and barely made the field even after OBJ's injury.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Taywan Taylor / JoJo Natson are currently on our IR but may not be answers to any question. 

    Both have deep speed.  The question is if they are complete players; both former teams didn't think so.

    Taylor was a 2017 3rd rounder who we paid a 2020 7th round pick to acquire ; Natson was UDFA and saw snaps the last 2 yrs at NYJ. 

    Note, of course, that Taylor was a late day3 2017 prospect at WalterFootball.. Although our pick was the correct 2017 value for him, he was healthy for us until the last couple of games in 2020 and barely made the field even after OBJ's injury.

    Taylor is Fool's Gold. Yes, he's fast (4.4-ish ET) and quick (6.57 3-cone) so team's pick him up hoping they can turn him into a WR only to dump him when they can't. We will as well.

    I've no idea what potential Natson has, but while fast (mid-4.4's), he does not appear to be quick (7.20 3-cone). However, the surprisingly slow 3-cone may be because he did not train for the drills as do Combine invitees... like Taywan.

    Did I mention Taywan has really bad hands? 😉

  • Tom Tupa - I believe - is the first player to score a 2pt conversion too... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Tom Tupa - I believe - is the first player to score a 2pt conversion too... 

    not unless he played for the Browns

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Tom Tupa - I believe - is the first player to score a 2pt conversion too... 

    not unless he played for the Browns

    @atom said:

    not unless he played for the Browns

    He did....and the first two point extra point was, I believe, accomplished when he was with the Browns. 

  • @atom said:

    not unless he played for the Browns

    He did....and the first two point extra point was, I believe, accomplished when he was with the Browns. 

    @the-gipper said:

    He did....and the first two point extra point was, I believe, accomplished when he was with the Browns. 

    Vs Cincinnati

  • Wade played himself into the second round.  He may even be a bust there too.  Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.

  • Shaun Wade pathetic effort tonight 

  • Wade played himself into the second round.  He may even be a bust there too.  Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.

    You're 8 weeks late to this part.

    Go back and watch the Penn State game.  If I was Ryan Day, I would have benched him at the half.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He did....and the first two point extra point was, I believe, accomplished when he was with the Browns. 

    Vs Cincinnati

    @dutch-oven said:

    Vs Cincinnati

    i mean i knew we were the first but did not remember tupa being on are team

  • I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutoring him though... 

    Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34    Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan 

    AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ?  Some say 4.5 speed..  But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?

  • I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutoring him though... 

    Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34    Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan 

    AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ?  Some say 4.5 speed..  But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?

    @gumby73 said:

    I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutor him though... 

    Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34    Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan 

    AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ?  Some say 4.5 speed..  But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?

    I like the added bulk of your little guy, but wonder about his quicks at 5'11. Does he seem expensive to you if he's a 2nd-rounder?

    Strachan seems to be more of unknown... at least at draftscout. If the 4.6 is close, then he'd better cut on a dime to separate.

    Twin Towers?  I could see taking a chance on Olajuwon, but Sampson? Not so much... 😉

    image.png.d634be6cf14029b9aa515558d56674a9.pngimage.png.5a927e6f415f067a78417c5e3be423f1.png

  • @gumby73 said:

    I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutor him though... 

    Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34    Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan 

    AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ?  Some say 4.5 speed..  But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?

    I like the added bulk of your little guy, but wonder about his quicks at 5'11. Does he seem expensive to you if he's a 2nd-rounder?

    Strachan seems to be more of unknown... at least at draftscout. If the 4.6 is close, then he'd better cut on a dime to separate.

    Twin Towers?  I could see taking a chance on Olajuwon, but Sampson? Not so much... 😉

    image.png.d634be6cf14029b9aa515558d56674a9.pngimage.png.5a927e6f415f067a78417c5e3be423f1.png

    @tour2ma said:

     your little guy                5'11. 

    😕

    Bunch a' god damn height supremacists around here. 

  • @tour2ma said:

     your little guy                5'11. 

    😕

    Bunch a' god damn height supremacists around here. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    😕

    Bunch a' god damn height supremacists around here.

    Shorty? Is that you? 😉

  • @tiamat63 said:

    😕

    Bunch a' god damn height supremacists around here.

    Shorty? Is that you? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Shorty? Is that you? 😉

    tenor.gif?itemid=12463116

    And you wonder why DB's have attitudes? 😆

    Back to watching DB's.   Not completely prepared to rule out one of the top 5 falling to the Browns.  

  • The Tide is rolling in..

    Four Alabama football players announced Thursday that they will be passing on remaining years of eligibility to enter the 2021 NFL draft: quarterback Mac Jones, wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, defensive lineman Christian Barmore and cornerback Patrick Surtain II. All of them have recently been projected as first-round picks.

    Four Alabama standouts, including Mac Jones, announce departure to NFL (msn.com)

  • The Tide is rolling in..

    Four Alabama football players announced Thursday that they will be passing on remaining years of eligibility to enter the 2021 NFL draft: quarterback Mac Jones, wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, defensive lineman Christian Barmore and cornerback Patrick Surtain II. All of them have recently been projected as first-round picks.

    Four Alabama standouts, including Mac Jones, announce departure to NFL (msn.com)

    @tour2ma said:

    The Tide is rolling in..

    And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    The Tide is rolling in..

    And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players. 

    @the-gipper said:

    And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players. 

    1