2021 'Who are you watching?' NFL prospect thread.
-
I'm going to call my shot now:
Browns are drafting a DE or CB with their 1st rounder. Will not be a LB.
-
I'm going to call my shot now:
Browns are drafting a DE or CB with their 1st rounder. Will not be a LB.
I'm going to call my shot now:
Browns are drafting a DE or CB with their 1st rounder. Will not be a LB.
I think the old adage applies....they would likely take the BPA......defensive player that is.
-
-
I'm slowly accepting that Greedy will likely be injury/retired due to that nerve sometime in 2021
-
I'm slowly accepting that Greedy will likely be injury/retired due to that nerve sometime in 2021
I'm slowly accepting that Greedy will likely be injury/retired due to that nerve sometime in 2021
Welcome aboard. But good news, a DB room of Ward, Mitch, Vincent, Delpit, Harrison and another TBD safety doesn't sound too shabby.
-
I'm slowly accepting that Greedy will likely be injury/retired due to that nerve sometime in 2021
Welcome aboard. But good news, a DB room of Ward, Mitch, Vincent, Delpit, Harrison and another TBD safety doesn't sound too shabby.
-
It's a specialty role with an admittedly growing demand, but to spend a 1st on one simply does not make sense to this Old School baller...
There are exceptions. As I had mentioned before - Harrison Smith. And in a defense such as Woods who I know would love to get back to some of those C3 looks along with our newly found quarters calls, that would be a great luxury to have.
-
Ok, I'm completely blanking I guess... Vincent?
My mid-round DB sleeper for the draft.
-
If you win, Gipper finally has to pay you the $100 he owes you. ?
Maybe he can hire you to represent him here in Ohio. Have him give you a Power of Attorney.
I would be glad to take that into court against you.
Of course, we would have to go under the English rules: loser pays the opponents attorney fees.
Any court you want: Wadsworth Muni, where I live. Massillon where you are. Or Barberton in between.
Or...would you prefer the Doylestown Mayor's Court. (too bad, no jurisdiction).
-
Yeah, I'm very intrigued by the idea of Carlos Basham, DE from Wake Forest.
-
I'm enjoying watching with popcorn the myth of sociopath Jack Easterby come crashing down to earth. He spent his entire life having no skills and faking relationships.
Maneuvered his way over to the Texans
And if you haven't read the SI article from December about his time to date at Texans.. It's also a good read.
Many at least initially talk about how positive their relationship is with him.. yet if it was so positive, why did he keep burning them? Maybe it [gasp] was not genuine in both directions!
I enjoy seeing fake people get unmasked. Whether or not he actually loses power, of course, is now on Texans owner.. but Easterby is just a machiavellian idiot.
-
I'm enjoying watching with popcorn the myth of sociopath Jack Easterby come crashing down to earth. He spent his entire life having no skills and faking relationships.
Maneuvered his way over to the Texans
And if you haven't read the SI article from December about his time to date at Texans.. It's also a good read.
Many at least initially talk about how positive their relationship is with him.. yet if it was so positive, why did he keep burning them? Maybe it [gasp] was not genuine in both directions!
I enjoy seeing fake people get unmasked. Whether or not he actually loses power, of course, is now on Texans owner.. but Easterby is just a machiavellian idiot.
I'm enjoying watching with popcorn the myth of sociopath Jack Easterby come crashing down to earth. He spent his entire life having no skills and faking relationships.
Maneuvered his way over to the Texans
And if you haven't read the SI article from December about his time to date at Texans.. It's also a good read.
Many talk about how positive their relationship is with him.. yet if it was so positive, why did he keep burning them? Maybe it [gasp] was not genuine in both directions!
I enjoy seeing fake people get unmasked. Whether or not he actually loses power, of course, is now on Texans owner.. but Easterby is just a machiavellian idiot.
"I was raised to be charming, not sincere".
-
Yeah, I'm very intrigued by the idea of Carlos Basham, DE from Wake Forest.
Yeah, I'm very intrigued by the idea of Carlos Basham, DE from Wake Forest.
Like him, but that's not a great Highlight reel. The editor was going for splash plays, but ends up with a collection of coverage sacks and QB flushes into his waiting arms.
Should sprinkle in more of his run D which is his real strength. Then you realize what pressure he can generate with his pass rush is a bonus. However, you just don't see him posting clean beats of OTs because he just doesn't have that burst and bend to threaten OTs wide.
Bull rushes and really good hands? That's his game.
-
Yeah, I'm very intrigued by the idea of Carlos Basham, DE from Wake Forest.
Like him, but that's not a great Highlight reel. The editor was going for splash plays, but ends up with a collection of coverage sacks and QB flushes into his waiting arms.
Should sprinkle in more of his run D which is his real strength. Then you realize what pressure he can generate with his pass rush is a bonus. However, you just don't see him posting clean beats of OTs because he just doesn't have that burst and bend to threaten OTs wide.
Bull rushes and really good hands? That's his game.
Like him, but that's not a great Highlight reel. The editor was going for splash plays, but ends up with a collection of coverage sacks and QB flushes into his waiting arms.
Should sprinkle in more of his run D which is his real strength. Then you realize what pressure he can generate with his pass rush is a bonus. However, you just don't see him posting clean beats of OTs because he just doesn't have that burst and bend to threaten OTs wide.
Bull rushes and really good hands? That's his game.
Seems like a guy who would be a good complement to Myles.
Almost similar to a Bradley Chubb? A big, physical DE who might not be a super athlete pass rusher, but can get there through strength and determination. Also, good vs the run.
-
Jaylen Twyman DT Pitt. He sat out this year but he really stood out in some of the Pitt games I watched in 2019.
-
Like him, but that's not a great Highlight reel. The editor was going for splash plays, but ends up with a collection of coverage sacks and QB flushes into his waiting arms.
Should sprinkle in more of his run D which is his real strength. Then you realize what pressure he can generate with his pass rush is a bonus. However, you just don't see him posting clean beats of OTs because he just doesn't have that burst and bend to threaten OTs wide.
Bull rushes and really good hands? That's his game.
Seems like a guy who would be a good complement to Myles.
Almost similar to a Bradley Chubb? A big, physical DE who might not be a super athlete pass rusher, but can get there through strength and determination. Also, good vs the run.
Seems like a guy who would be a good complement to Myles.
Almost similar to a Bradley Chubb? A big, physical DE who might not be a super athlete pass rusher, but can get there through strength and determination. Also, good vs the run.
Yeah... kinda in that vein, but IIRC Bradley had more burst coming into the league. Not sure that's true now after his 2019 injury.
-
They are only stats.. but, Closer than I had thought..
Tackles Def Int Fumbles Year School Conf Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF Career North Carolina State 100 98 198 54.5 25.0 1 0 0.0 0 4 1 6 *2014 North Carolina State ACC FR DE 2 2 2 4 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 *2015 North Carolina State ACC SO DE 13 27 39 66 10.5 5.0 1 0 0.0 0 1 0 2 *2016 North Carolina State ACC JR DE 13 32 24 56 21.0 10.0 0 0 0 1 1 3 *2017 North Carolina State ACC SR DE 12 39 33 72 23.0 10.0 0 0 0 2 0 1 NC State---DE-Bradley Chubb in 40 games played.. a 2018 draft pick #5 ^^ (combine 6'4' 275)
Tackles Def Int Fumbles Year School Conf Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF Career Wake Forest 97 76 173 35.5 19.5 0 0 0 8 3 1 7 *2017 Wake Forest ACC FR DL 11 15 9 24 2.0 0.0 0 0 0 3 1 0 *2018 Wake Forest ACC SO DL 12 36 28 64 11.0 4.5 0 0 0 1 2 1 0 *2019 Wake Forest ACC JR DL 13 26 31 57 18.0 10.0 0 0 0 3 0 3 *2020 Wake Forest ACC SR DL 6 20 8 28 4.5 5.0 0 0 0 1 0 4 Wake Forest--DE-Carlos Basham Jr. played in 42 games ^^
Tackles Def Int Fumbles Year School Conf Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF Career Pitt 67 45 112 32.0 21.5 0 0 0 4 1 5 2017 Pitt ACC FR DL 5 3 4 7 1.0 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 *2018 Pitt ACC SO DL 13 15 7 22 7.0 3.5 0 0 0 0 0 1 *2019 Pitt ACC JR DL 11 25 16 41 11.5 8.5 0 0 0 1 0 4 2020 Pitt ACC SR DL 11 24 18 42 12.5 9.0 0 0 0 3 1 0 Pitt--DE-Patrick Jones II played in 40 games ^^^
-
They are only stats.. but, Closer than I had thought..
Tackles Def Int Fumbles Year School Conf Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF Career North Carolina State 100 98 198 54.5 25.0 1 0 0.0 0 4 1 6 *2014 North Carolina State ACC FR DE 2 2 2 4 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 *2015 North Carolina State ACC SO DE 13 27 39 66 10.5 5.0 1 0 0.0 0 1 0 2 *2016 North Carolina State ACC JR DE 13 32 24 56 21.0 10.0 0 0 0 1 1 3 *2017 North Carolina State ACC SR DE 12 39 33 72 23.0 10.0 0 0 0 2 0 1 NC State---DE-Bradley Chubb in 40 games played.. a 2018 draft pick #5 ^^ (combine 6'4' 275)
Tackles Def Int Fumbles Year School Conf Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF Career Wake Forest 97 76 173 35.5 19.5 0 0 0 8 3 1 7 *2017 Wake Forest ACC FR DL 11 15 9 24 2.0 0.0 0 0 0 3 1 0 *2018 Wake Forest ACC SO DL 12 36 28 64 11.0 4.5 0 0 0 1 2 1 0 *2019 Wake Forest ACC JR DL 13 26 31 57 18.0 10.0 0 0 0 3 0 3 *2020 Wake Forest ACC SR DL 6 20 8 28 4.5 5.0 0 0 0 1 0 4 Wake Forest--DE-Carlos Basham Jr. played in 42 games ^^
Tackles Def Int Fumbles Year School Conf Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF Career Pitt 67 45 112 32.0 21.5 0 0 0 4 1 5 2017 Pitt ACC FR DL 5 3 4 7 1.0 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 *2018 Pitt ACC SO DL 13 15 7 22 7.0 3.5 0 0 0 0 0 1 *2019 Pitt ACC JR DL 11 25 16 41 11.5 8.5 0 0 0 1 0 4 2020 Pitt ACC SR DL 11 24 18 42 12.5 9.0 0 0 0 3 1 0 Pitt--DE-Patrick Jones II played in 40 games ^^^
-
I have a bit of write-up incoming tonight. But before I do that, I felt this was as good a thread as any.
I've started a 'TBB' discord. Honestly, I feel at times it might be easier than The Tavern. Except it can be purposed for things when the Browns themselves aren't playing. It can be used to share thoughts on prospects, coaches, gameplans, whatever film review you might do... with the "share screen" function, the review can be done in group so ideas on what players we're watching can be shared live in group.
This is the link, I'm listed as the Admin and I do have a couple names in mind on mods should they wish to have the role. Like anything else, there will be a couple small rules to observe, but that's about it. With my new desktop built and command center done (thanks to a dear friend) might as well put it to good use. I'll be in there starting tonight should anyone want to check out how I, or anyone else, watches their tape. I'm sure I'll be in there as well at times throughout the off-season leading up to the draft on any prospects I may watch.
More on Kary Vincent to follow.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
