Skip to content

2021 'Who are you watching?' NFL prospect thread.

The Browns Board
402 20 13.5k
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Did I click on the video and play it with the sound turned all the way up? Hell yes I did. 

    Now, here's a question because I've forgotten how to do it... How do you post videos? When I do it I just get the link, but how do you do it so it actually posts the video right there ready to go? 

  • Did I click on the video and play it with the sound turned all the way up? Hell yes I did. 

    Now, here's a question because I've forgotten how to do it... How do you post videos? When I do it I just get the link, but how do you do it so it actually posts the video right there ready to go? 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @dutch-oven said:

    Did I click on the video and play it with the sound turned all the way up? Hell yes I did. 

    Now, here's a question because I've forgotten how to do it... How do you post videos? When I do it I just get the link, but how do you do it so it actually posts the video right there ready to go? 

    And you likely put on your parachute pants...

    Simple copy/paste of the youtube vid's addy bar converts to the vid for me...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Did I click on the video and play it with the sound turned all the way up? Hell yes I did. 

    Now, here's a question because I've forgotten how to do it... How do you post videos? When I do it I just get the link, but how do you do it so it actually posts the video right there ready to go? 

    And you likely put on your parachute pants...

    Simple copy/paste of the youtube vid's addy bar converts to the vid for me...

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @tour2ma said:

    And you likely put on your parachute pants...

    Simple copy/paste of the youtube vid's addy bar converts to the vid for me...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #84

    I think I was accidentally putting it in the link spot, and not just pasting it on here. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #85

    WalterFootball's more recent mock draft has the Browns taking WR Jaylen Waddle in Round 1, and the Steelers getting their QB of the future with Florida's Kyle Trask. 

  • WalterFootball's more recent mock draft has the Browns taking WR Jaylen Waddle in Round 1, and the Steelers getting their QB of the future with Florida's Kyle Trask. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @dutch-oven said:

    WalterFootball's more recent mock draft has the Browns taking WR Jaylen Waddle in Round 1, and the Steelers getting their QB of the future with Florida's Kyle Trask. 

    Trask would be a good pick for them.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    WalterFootball's more recent mock draft has the Browns taking WR Jaylen Waddle in Round 1, and the Steelers getting their QB of the future with Florida's Kyle Trask. 

    Trask would be a good pick for them.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @texasag1969 said:

    Trask would be a good pick for them.

    Definitely in the Big Ben mold...

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #88

    Someone on another thread mentioned McCarron...the former Alabama QB.  The name Greg McElroy also comes to mind.  Then there are the likes of  Tua and Hurts...other Alabama or former Bama QBs.

    Which brings also to my mind this Mac Jones.    Impressive stats for East Germany.....but then all these other   guys came from there as well. 

    I understand he is a favorite, or one of them for the Heisman.

    So, for the so called experts on here.....is there really anything about this guy to differentiate him from the other  Bama QBs such that he could actually be said in the same breath as Starr/Namath/Stabler......or is he a McCarron or McElroy type. 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #89

    PFF is a bit of a fan of mac jones - but that link and 3 bucks will buy you a coffee.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #90

    Jones reminds me of McCarron... a very functional cog in the BAMA machine.

  • Jones reminds me of McCarron... a very functional cog in the BAMA machine.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @tour2ma said:

    Jones reminds me of McCarron... a very functional cog in the BAMA machine.

    And it Looks like Tua is taking that same path.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #92

    On slight off topic note: 

    I thought the defense battled yesterday.  We missed some tackles didn’t pressure a lot but I thought they played well with what they had...changes are coming and those changes will probably come via draft.  We need to upgrade speed and maybe find an interior pass rusher and coverage guys of course.


    Now the off topic: Mack Wilson film study from the end of 2019-to present day.  Might be the worst tape you will see- any takers?  It surprises me that he played under Saban. 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Hilliard backpedaled in the first half, read a screen, split 2 blockers and still put the RB down for minimal gain.. Yeah, if he's still available in rd4, he's a good get.

    And the TFL to close out Q3. Hot.

    Figured I'd see you in this thread at some point.  Yes, I was thinking that when watching it live.  Hilliard is a high upside LB with great athletic ability who has had an up and down career.  But he's playing into a day 3 pick.  

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @tiamat63 said:

    Figured I'd see you in this thread at some point.  Yes, I was thinking that when watching it live.  Hilliard is a high upside LB with great athletic ability who has had an up and down career.  But he's playing into a day 3 pick.  

    He has had an up and down career due to injury though.  When he has gotten on the field the guy has played phenomenally. There are a lot of defensive guys who have been big in the last three games but I think Hilliard has had one of the biggest impacts. I'm so happy for the kid also. He never quit and I really hope he does get drafted by some team. 

  • Jones reminds me of McCarron... a very functional cog in the BAMA machine.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @tour2ma said:

    Jones reminds me of McCarron... a very functional cog in the BAMA machine.

    Maybe it's just me... I'm higher on Jones than I was McCarron.   By a decent amount, to be honest.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Figured I'd see you in this thread at some point.  Yes, I was thinking that when watching it live.  Hilliard is a high upside LB with great athletic ability who has had an up and down career.  But he's playing into a day 3 pick.  

    He has had an up and down career due to injury though.  When he has gotten on the field the guy has played phenomenally. There are a lot of defensive guys who have been big in the last three games but I think Hilliard has had one of the biggest impacts. I'm so happy for the kid also. He never quit and I really hope he does get drafted by some team. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @bjh2130 said:

    He has had an up and down career due to injury though.  When he has gotten on the field the guy has played phenomenally. There are a lot of defensive guys who have been big in the last three games but I think Hilliard has had one of the biggest impacts. I'm so happy for the kid also. He never quit and I really hope he does get drafted by some team. 

    Well aware, but your best ability is availability.  Hilliards medical history is a big concern.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Jones reminds me of McCarron... a very functional cog in the BAMA machine.

    Maybe it's just me... I'm higher on Jones than I was McCarron.   By a decent amount, to be honest.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @tiamat63 said:

    Maybe it's just me... I'm higher on Jones than I was McCarron.   By a decent amount, to be honest.

    I’m impressed by his ball placement.  The handful of Bama games I watched he gives his WRs, Backs and TEs every opportunity to YAC it up by putting the ball perfectly in a spot where they can catch and run.  
     

    But I want to see how he handles a little pressure in his face...getting off his spot...it’s coming with OSUs interior dline. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Maybe it's just me... I'm higher on Jones than I was McCarron.   By a decent amount, to be honest.

    I’m impressed by his ball placement.  The handful of Bama games I watched he gives his WRs, Backs and TEs every opportunity to YAC it up by putting the ball perfectly in a spot where they can catch and run.  
     

    But I want to see how he handles a little pressure in his face...getting off his spot...it’s coming with OSUs interior dline. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @sdbacker80 said:

    But I want to see how he handles a little pressure in his face...getting off his spot...it’s coming with OSUs interior dline. 

    That is the concern I have always had about both Bama and OSU QB's. They both are surrounded by 5* and high 4* HS best in states they come from players, so against most teams they play the QBs are not pressured that much. Willie Joe is one of the few who was able to make it decently in the NFL. along with Bart Starr, and Kenny Stabler, all Bama players. Tom Tupa from OSU was decent too......................as a punter. Am I missing any other OSU QB who was decent in the NFL?

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    But I want to see how he handles a little pressure in his face...getting off his spot...it’s coming with OSUs interior dline. 

    That is the concern I have always had about both Bama and OSU QB's. They both are surrounded by 5* and high 4* HS best in states they come from players, so against most teams they play the QBs are not pressured that much. Willie Joe is one of the few who was able to make it decently in the NFL. along with Bart Starr, and Kenny Stabler, all Bama players. Tom Tupa from OSU was decent too......................as a punter. Am I missing any other OSU QB who was decent in the NFL?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @texasag1969 said:

    That is the concern I have always had about both Bama and OSU QB's. They both are surrounded by 5* and high 4* HS best in states they come from players, so against most teams they play the QBs are not pressured that much. Willie Joe is one of the few who was able to make it decently in the NFL. along with Bart Starr, and Kenny Stabler, all Bama players. Tom Tupa from OSU was decent too......................as a punter. Am I missing any other OSU QB who was decent in the NFL?

    Shane Falco. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    But I want to see how he handles a little pressure in his face...getting off his spot...it’s coming with OSUs interior dline. 

    That is the concern I have always had about both Bama and OSU QB's. They both are surrounded by 5* and high 4* HS best in states they come from players, so against most teams they play the QBs are not pressured that much. Willie Joe is one of the few who was able to make it decently in the NFL. along with Bart Starr, and Kenny Stabler, all Bama players. Tom Tupa from OSU was decent too......................as a punter. Am I missing any other OSU QB who was decent in the NFL?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @texasag1969 said:

    That is the concern I have always had about both Bama and OSU QB's. They both are surrounded by 5* and high 4* HS best in states they come from players, so against most teams they play the QBs are not pressured that much. Willie Joe is one of the few who was able to make it decently in the NFL. along with Bart Starr, and Kenny Stabler, all Bama players. Tom Tupa from OSU was decent too......................as a punter. Am I missing any other OSU QB who was decent in the NFL?

    One of the reasons why I love small(er) school QBs.   At least, schools that don't have a pool of 5* talent around their QB.   Makes it a bit easier to see who really is the one elevating the play of the offenses.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    But I want to see how he handles a little pressure in his face...getting off his spot...it’s coming with OSUs interior dline. 

    That is the concern I have always had about both Bama and OSU QB's. They both are surrounded by 5* and high 4* HS best in states they come from players, so against most teams they play the QBs are not pressured that much. Willie Joe is one of the few who was able to make it decently in the NFL. along with Bart Starr, and Kenny Stabler, all Bama players. Tom Tupa from OSU was decent too......................as a punter. Am I missing any other OSU QB who was decent in the NFL?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    That is the concern I have always had about both Bama and OSU QB's. They both are surrounded by 5* and high 4* HS best in states they come from players, so against most teams they play the QBs are not pressured that much. Willie Joe is one of the few who was able to make it decently in the NFL. along with Bart Starr, and Kenny Stabler, all Bama players. Tom Tupa from OSU was decent too......................as a punter. Am I missing any other OSU QB who was decent in the NFL?

    Mike Tomsczak is the best by far that came out of OSU.  Played 15 years in the league.  But mostly as a backup.

    Passing

     
     
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
    Career       185 73 42-31-0 1248 2337 53.4 16079 88 3.8 106 4.5 303 85 6.9 5.6 12.9 86.9 68.9 114 809 6.23 5.00 4.7 6 12 55
    7 yrs PIT     84 27 15-12-0 546 973 56.1 6649 37 3.8 43 4.4 303 84 6.8 5.6 12.2 79.2 71.6 50 345 6.16 4.99 4.9 1 5 22
    6 yrs CHI     77 31 21-10-0 454 915 49.6 6247 33 3.6 47 5.1 0 85 6.8 5.2 13.8 81.1 62.5 39 274 6.26 4.74 4.1 4 6 21
    1 yr CLE     12 8 4-4-0 120 211 56.9 1693 7 3.3 7 3.3 0 52 8.0 7.2 14.1 141.1 80.1 12 85 7.21 6.43 5.4 1 1 7
    1 yr GNB     12 7 2-5-0 128 238 53.8 1490 11 4.6 9 3.8 0 75 6.3 5.5 11.6 124.2 72.6 13 105 5.52 4.78 5.2     5
    1985 23 CHI   18 6 0   2 6 33.3 33 0 0.0 0 0.0   24 5.5 5.5 16.5 5.5 52.8 0 0 5.50 5.50 0.0     0
    1986 24 CHI QB 18 13 7 7-0-0 74 151 49.0 1105 2 1.3 10 6.6   85 7.3 4.6 14.9 85.0 50.2 4 30 6.94 4.29 2.6 2 3 3
    1987 25 CHI qb 18 12 6 4-2-0 97 178 54.5 1220 5 2.8 10 5.6   56 6.9 4.9 12.6 101.7 62.0 9 59 6.21 4.34 4.8 1 2 4
    1988 26 CHI qb 18 14 5 4-1-0 86 170 50.6 1310 7 4.1 6 3.5   76 7.7 6.9 15.2 93.6 75.4 5 47 7.22 6.47 2.9     5
    1989 27 CHI QB 18 16 11 5-6-0 156 306 51.0 2058 16 5.2 16 5.2   79 6.7 5.4 13.2 128.6 68.2 10 68 6.30 5.03 3.2 1 1 7
    1990 28 CHI   18 16 2 1-1-0 39 104 37.5 521 3 2.9 5 4.8   48 5.0 3.4 13.4 32.6 43.8 11 70 3.92 2.49 9.6     2
    1991 29 GNB qb 18 12 7 2-5-0 128 238 53.8 1490 11 4.6 9 3.8   75 6.3 5.5 11.6 124.2 72.6 13 105 5.52 4.78 5.2     5
    1992 30 CLE QB 18 12 8 4-4-0 120 211 56.9 1693 7 3.3 7 3.3   52 8.0 7.2 14.1 141.1 80.1 12 85 7.21 6.43 5.4 1 1 7
    1993 31 PIT   18 7 1 0-1-0 29 54 53.7 398 2 3.7 5 9.3   39 7.4 3.9 13.7 56.9 51.3 7 43 5.82 2.79 11.5     1
    1994 32 PIT   18 6 2 2-0-0 54 93 58.1 804 4 4.3 0 0.0 34 84 8.6 9.5 14.9 134.0 100.8 4 33 7.95 8.77 4.1 1 2 2
    1995 33 PIT   18 7 4 2-2-0 65 113 57.5 666 1 0.9 9 8.0 34 29 5.9 2.5 10.2 95.1 44.3 6 42 5.24 2.01 5.0 0 1 2
    1996 34 PIT QB 18 16 15 10-5-0 222 401 55.4 2767 15 3.7 17 4.2 135 70 6.9 5.7 12.5 172.9 71.8 16 105 6.38 5.27 3.8 0 2 9
    1997 35 PIT   18 16 0   16 24 66.7 185 1 4.2 2 8.3 13 28 7.7 4.8 11.6 11.6 68.9 0 0 7.71 4.79 0.0     1
    1998 36 PIT   18 16 0   21 30 70.0 204 2 6.7 2 6.7 9 42 6.8 5.1 9.7 12.8 83.2 2 18 5.81 4.25 6.3     1
    1999 37 PIT qb 18 16 5 1-4-0 139 258 53.9 1625 12 4.7 8 3.1 78 49 6.3 5.8 11.7 101.6 75.8 15 104 5.57 5.13 5.5     6
    11 playoff games - full playoff gamelogs · 6 comebacks, 12 game-winning drives - full summary