Skip to content

Meyer to JAX?

The Browns Board
75 14 1.8k 1
  • Is he physically able to coach again?

    And he makes the jump to the NFL for the..... Jacksonville Jaguars? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Is he physically able to coach again?

    And he makes the jump to the NFL for the..... Jacksonville Jaguars? 

    He didn't resign/retire because of his health issues.  He resigned because the university didn't have his back in the whole Zach Smith scandal.  In fact president drake and he most powerful board member, Les Wexner's wife, wanted him fired. The rest of the board didn't want to suspend him.  He told them that day if they suspended him at all he would be "retiring" at the end of the season. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Is he physically able to coach again?

    And he makes the jump to the NFL for the..... Jacksonville Jaguars? 

    He didn't resign/retire because of his health issues.  He resigned because the university didn't have his back in the whole Zach Smith scandal.  In fact president drake and he most powerful board member, Les Wexner's wife, wanted him fired. The rest of the board didn't want to suspend him.  He told them that day if they suspended him at all he would be "retiring" at the end of the season. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    He didn't resign/retire because of his health issues.  He resigned because the university didn't have his back in the whole Zach Smith scandal.  In fact president drake and he most powerful board member, Les Wexner's wife, wanted him fired. The rest of the board didn't want to suspend him.  He told them that day if they suspended him at all he would be "retiring" at the end of the season. 

    Regardless, Meyer has dealt with crippling migraines that I'm not sure have gone away. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Is he physically able to coach again?

    And he makes the jump to the NFL for the..... Jacksonville Jaguars? 

    He didn't resign/retire because of his health issues.  He resigned because the university didn't have his back in the whole Zach Smith scandal.  In fact president drake and he most powerful board member, Les Wexner's wife, wanted him fired. The rest of the board didn't want to suspend him.  He told them that day if they suspended him at all he would be "retiring" at the end of the season. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    He didn't resign/retire because of his health issues.  He resigned because the university didn't have his back in the whole Zach Smith scandal.  In fact president drake and he most powerful board member, Les Wexner's wife, wanted him fired. The rest of the board didn't want to suspend him.  He told them that day if they suspended him at all he would be "retiring" at the end of the season. 

    Well  that is, I believe just your speculation.  The fact is, he had a tumor. 

    Get To Da Treatment - Imgflip

  • @bjh2130 said:

    He didn't resign/retire because of his health issues.  He resigned because the university didn't have his back in the whole Zach Smith scandal.  In fact president drake and he most powerful board member, Les Wexner's wife, wanted him fired. The rest of the board didn't want to suspend him.  He told them that day if they suspended him at all he would be "retiring" at the end of the season. 

    Well  that is, I believe just your speculation.  The fact is, he had a tumor. 

    Get To Da Treatment - Imgflip

    @the-gipper said:

    Well  that is, I believe just your speculation.  The fact is, he had a tumor. 

    You believe what you want and I'll trust what I heard from someone privy to that information and meeting. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well  that is, I believe just your speculation.  The fact is, he had a tumor. 

    You believe what you want and I'll trust what I heard from someone privy to that information and meeting. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    You believe what you want and I'll trust what I heard from someone privy to that information and meeting. 

    Oh, I believe your story too. I think both him being mad at getting suspended and his that his health was bothering him were true. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    You believe what you want and I'll trust what I heard from someone privy to that information and meeting. 

    Oh, I believe your story too. I think both him being mad at getting suspended and his that his health was bothering him were true. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh, I believe your story too. I think both him being mad at getting suspended and his that his health was bothering him were true. 

    Right,  both may have been true.  The tumor though, is a know fact.   The other, is still a rumor or speculation.....but it may have been true.  Of course ....Icecube has all his "inside information" on the OBJ situation may have been as accurate as this. 

  • well good luck to him just as long as he does not interfere with us winning

  • I personally don't think it is a great idea. I still see him as a college guy. 

    You know, Texas now has an opening.  If there is one college program that can match OSU for revenue.....and the money they pay their HC, it is Texas.  You never know about that. 

    I personally do NOT think that Doug Marrone should go anywhere.  I think he is a pretty good coach....but was saddled with a team that was clearly tanking for Trevor.   So, Mission Accomplished.   Let the guy that you threw to the Wolves no go rescue Grandma.

    There are other NFL jobs that will be up:

    DumbAss Texans.     Detroit.  Maybe Denver.    Maybe The Bengals.  Mike Browns may jump high and broad to bring Meyer in there.   Atlanta is open.   Jets maybe.  

  • I personally don't think it is a great idea. I still see him as a college guy. 

    You know, Texas now has an opening.  If there is one college program that can match OSU for revenue.....and the money they pay their HC, it is Texas.  You never know about that. 

    I personally do NOT think that Doug Marrone should go anywhere.  I think he is a pretty good coach....but was saddled with a team that was clearly tanking for Trevor.   So, Mission Accomplished.   Let the guy that you threw to the Wolves no go rescue Grandma.

    There are other NFL jobs that will be up:

    DumbAss Texans.     Detroit.  Maybe Denver.    Maybe The Bengals.  Mike Browns may jump high and broad to bring Meyer in there.   Atlanta is open.   Jets maybe.  

    @the-gipper said:

    I personally don't think it is a great idea. I still see him as a college guy. 

    You know, Texas now has an opening.   

    That's the job I would take if I were him. 

    I have serious questions about his offensive philosophy working in the NFL, and he is a fantastic recruiter, which means his teams almost always are more talented than the opposition in college. Who different world in the NFL. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I personally don't think it is a great idea. I still see him as a college guy. 

    You know, Texas now has an opening.   

    That's the job I would take if I were him. 

    I have serious questions about his offensive philosophy working in the NFL, and he is a fantastic recruiter, which means his teams almost always are more talented than the opposition in college. Who different world in the NFL. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's the job I would take if I were him. 

    I have serious questions about his offensive philosophy working in the NFL, and he is a fantastic recruiter, which means his teams almost always are more talented than the opposition in college. Who different world in the NFL. 

    that and as someone said he likes running qb's  

  • I personally don't think it is a great idea. I still see him as a college guy. 

    You know, Texas now has an opening.  If there is one college program that can match OSU for revenue.....and the money they pay their HC, it is Texas.  You never know about that. 

    I personally do NOT think that Doug Marrone should go anywhere.  I think he is a pretty good coach....but was saddled with a team that was clearly tanking for Trevor.   So, Mission Accomplished.   Let the guy that you threw to the Wolves no go rescue Grandma.

    There are other NFL jobs that will be up:

    DumbAss Texans.     Detroit.  Maybe Denver.    Maybe The Bengals.  Mike Browns may jump high and broad to bring Meyer in there.   Atlanta is open.   Jets maybe.  

    @the-gipper said:

    I personally don't think it is a great idea. I still see him as a college guy. 

    You know, Texas now has an opening.  If there is one college program that can match OSU for revenue.....and the money they pay their HC, it is Texas.  You never know about that. 

    I personally do NOT think that Doug Marrone should go anywhere.  I think he is a pretty good coach....but was saddled with a team that was clearly tanking for Trevor.   So, Mission Accomplished.   Let the guy that you threw to the Wolves no go rescue Grandma.

    There are other NFL jobs that will be up:

    DumbAss Texans.     Detroit.  Maybe Denver.    Maybe The Bengals.  Mike Browns may jump high and broad to bring Meyer in there.   Atlanta is open.   Jets maybe.  

    Texas doesn't have an opening, Steve Sarkisian took the job about an hour after it opened up.

    He is just staying with Alabama through the title game

  • @the-gipper said:

    I personally don't think it is a great idea. I still see him as a college guy. 

    You know, Texas now has an opening.  If there is one college program that can match OSU for revenue.....and the money they pay their HC, it is Texas.  You never know about that. 

    I personally do NOT think that Doug Marrone should go anywhere.  I think he is a pretty good coach....but was saddled with a team that was clearly tanking for Trevor.   So, Mission Accomplished.   Let the guy that you threw to the Wolves no go rescue Grandma.

    There are other NFL jobs that will be up:

    DumbAss Texans.     Detroit.  Maybe Denver.    Maybe The Bengals.  Mike Browns may jump high and broad to bring Meyer in there.   Atlanta is open.   Jets maybe.  

    Texas doesn't have an opening, Steve Sarkisian took the job about an hour after it opened up.

    He is just staying with Alabama through the title game

    @gunz41 said:

    Texas doesn't have an opening, Steve Sarkisian took the job about an hour after it opened up.

    He is just staying with Alabama through the title game

    Ahh...is that official? 

    Maybe he can go to Arizona.   I think there is an opening there....and it is where what I would call  "semi-retired" coaches go. Ones that have already succeeded elsewhere and go to Tuscon for the weather. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    Texas doesn't have an opening, Steve Sarkisian took the job about an hour after it opened up.

    He is just staying with Alabama through the title game

    Ahh...is that official? 

    Maybe he can go to Arizona.   I think there is an opening there....and it is where what I would call  "semi-retired" coaches go. Ones that have already succeeded elsewhere and go to Tuscon for the weather. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Ahh...is that official? 

    Maybe he can go to Arizona.   I think there is an opening there....and it is where what I would call  "semi-retired" coaches go. Ones that have already succeeded elsewhere and go to Tuscon for the weather. 

    I wouldn't touch Arizona with a 10 foot pole if I were him. Certainly not compared to an NFL team, but even if just college. Harder to get biggest recruits, and Pac 12 just is at a disadvantage when it comes to playoff.

    Take Clemson out because they are just a top notch program recently. There are 4 programs in the country that would get in CFP if everything is equal (I.e. same record etc.): Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas. Not saying that everything can always match up equally, but those are probably THE top 4 programs looked at in that way

  • I personally don't think it is a great idea. I still see him as a college guy. 

    You know, Texas now has an opening.  If there is one college program that can match OSU for revenue.....and the money they pay their HC, it is Texas.  You never know about that. 

    I personally do NOT think that Doug Marrone should go anywhere.  I think he is a pretty good coach....but was saddled with a team that was clearly tanking for Trevor.   So, Mission Accomplished.   Let the guy that you threw to the Wolves no go rescue Grandma.

    There are other NFL jobs that will be up:

    DumbAss Texans.     Detroit.  Maybe Denver.    Maybe The Bengals.  Mike Browns may jump high and broad to bring Meyer in there.   Atlanta is open.   Jets maybe.  

    @the-gipper said:

    You know, Texas now has an opening

    He already turned down Texas offering him 7 years 84 million.  Also they are hiring Steve Sarkisian.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I personally don't think it is a great idea. I still see him as a college guy. 

    You know, Texas now has an opening.  If there is one college program that can match OSU for revenue.....and the money they pay their HC, it is Texas.  You never know about that. 

    I personally do NOT think that Doug Marrone should go anywhere.  I think he is a pretty good coach....but was saddled with a team that was clearly tanking for Trevor.   So, Mission Accomplished.   Let the guy that you threw to the Wolves no go rescue Grandma.

    There are other NFL jobs that will be up:

    DumbAss Texans.     Detroit.  Maybe Denver.    Maybe The Bengals.  Mike Browns may jump high and broad to bring Meyer in there.   Atlanta is open.   Jets maybe.  

    Texas doesn't have an opening, Steve Sarkisian took the job about an hour after it opened up.

    He is just staying with Alabama through the title game

    @gunz41 said:

    Texas doesn't have an opening, Steve Sarkisian took the job about an hour after it opened up.

    He is just staying with Alabama through the title game

    That is true, but you have to think that someone from Austin reached out to Urban and asked him if he was interested before settling on a guy on his third head coaching gig, and who had his last one at USC blow up because he was a drunk. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Ahh...is that official? 

    Maybe he can go to Arizona.   I think there is an opening there....and it is where what I would call  "semi-retired" coaches go. Ones that have already succeeded elsewhere and go to Tuscon for the weather. 

    I wouldn't touch Arizona with a 10 foot pole if I were him. Certainly not compared to an NFL team, but even if just college. Harder to get biggest recruits, and Pac 12 just is at a disadvantage when it comes to playoff.

    Take Clemson out because they are just a top notch program recently. There are 4 programs in the country that would get in CFP if everything is equal (I.e. same record etc.): Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas. Not saying that everything can always match up equally, but those are probably THE top 4 programs looked at in that way

    @gunz41 said:

    I wouldn't touch Arizona with a 10 foot pole if I were him. Certainly not compared to an NFL team, but even if just college. Harder to get biggest recruits, and Pac 12 just is at a disadvantage when it comes to playoff.

    Take Clemson out because they are just a top notch program recently. There are 4 programs in the country that would get in CFP if everything is equal (I.e. same record etc.): Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas. Not saying that everything can always match up equally, but those are probably THE top 4 programs looked at in that way

    But none of those jobs are open, are they?   You already advised about Texas....and he would obviously not come back to OSU......and Saban ain't going nowhere, is he?  And Kelly, no. 

    So, if he really, really wants to coach again, and if he thinks he is up to it healthwise, he will have to look elsewhere.  And I thought of AZ because of the vacancy...and the weather.  Not because of the program.  And would he not be just a big enough egotist to think he could turn things around there?

    But if not there, where? 

  • It seems most vacancies at this point have been filled:

    Team 2020 Coach (Record) 2021 Coach
    Arizona Kevin Sumlin (0-5), I Paul Rhoads (0-0) Jedd Fisch
    Arkansas State Blake Anderson (4-7) Butch Jones
    Auburn Guz Malzahn (6-4), I Kevin Steele (0-1) Bryan Harsin
    Boise State Bryan Harsin (5-2) ?
    Illinois Lovie Smith (2-5), I Rod Smith (0-1) Bret Bielema
    Louisiana-Monroe Matt Viator (0-10), I Scott Stoker (0-0) Terry Bowden
    South Alabama Steve Campbell (4-7) Kane Wommack
    South Carolina Will Muschamp (2-5), I Mike Bobo (0-3) Shane Beamer
    Southern Miss Jay Hopson (0-1), I Scotty Walden (1-3), I Tim Billings (2-3) Will Hall
    Texas Tom Herman (7-3) Steve Sarkisian
    Utah State Gary Andersen (0-3), I Frank Maile (1-2) Blake Anderson
    Vanderbilt Derek Mason (0-8), ITodd Fitch (0-1) Clark Lea
  • @gunz41 said:

    Texas doesn't have an opening, Steve Sarkisian took the job about an hour after it opened up.

    He is just staying with Alabama through the title game

    That is true, but you have to think that someone from Austin reached out to Urban and asked him if he was interested before settling on a guy on his third head coaching gig, and who had his last one at USC blow up because he was a drunk. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    That is true, but you have to think that someone from Austin reached out to Urban and asked him if he was interested before settling on a guy on his third head coaching gig, and who had his last one at USC blow up because he was a drunk. 

    They did. There was a full on interview and an offer.  The problem was urban couldn't get all of his core 4 (pantoni, mariotti, stamper) to leave ohio state and go to Texas.  Those have been his guys since before Florida with the exception of stamper. He joined the staff while urban was at Florida.

  • @gunz41 said:

    Texas doesn't have an opening, Steve Sarkisian took the job about an hour after it opened up.

    He is just staying with Alabama through the title game

    That is true, but you have to think that someone from Austin reached out to Urban and asked him if he was interested before settling on a guy on his third head coaching gig, and who had his last one at USC blow up because he was a drunk. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    That is true, but you have to think that someone from Austin reached out to Urban and asked him if he was interested before settling on a guy on his third head coaching gig, and who had his last one at USC blow up because he was a drunk. 

    urban and hermon have had so many words I would think he would have loved to take over texas just to ram it down his throat

  • @dutch-oven said:

    That is true, but you have to think that someone from Austin reached out to Urban and asked him if he was interested before settling on a guy on his third head coaching gig, and who had his last one at USC blow up because he was a drunk. 

    urban and hermon have had so many words I would think he would have loved to take over texas just to ram it down his throat

    @atom said:

    urban and hermon have had so many words I would think he would have loved to take over texas just to ram it down his throat

    A huge reason he took the interview was because of their beef and that's a big reason as to why Titty Bar Tom isn't at Texas anymore.  He found out they were interviewing him mid season when they legit still had a chance at big 12 championship. Old titty bar tom became irate. That's when you started hearing the rumors Herman wanted out of Texas.  Texas and Herman could not reconcile their differences