Skip to content

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
250 35 7.8k 1
  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    I have so much to say about this game and season but don't have the words right now. I shouldn't be this emotional about a football season but I am. Everything is just so effing hard for us. What a season. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Here's to our 1000-yd rusher, Nick Chubb.

    And he did it in 11-1/4 games... JB has to be proud.

  • Here's to our 1000-yd rusher, Nick Chubb.

    And he did it in 11-1/4 games... JB has to be proud.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Here's to our 1000-yd rusher, Nick Chubb.

    And he did it in 11-1/4 games... JB has to be proud.

    He's special, Tour. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Still major concerns/questions:

    Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

    Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

    Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

    Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

    Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

    I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

    I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

    FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

  • Still major concerns/questions:

    Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

    Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

    Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

    Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

    Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

    I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

    I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

    FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Still major concerns/questions:

    Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

    Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

    Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

    Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

    Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

    I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

    I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

    FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

    image.jpeg.7bce3aadb17e8e67ae78f31a71a20138.jpeg

  • @the-gipper said:

    Still major concerns/questions:

    Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

    Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

    Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

    Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

    Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

    I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

    I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

    FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

    image.jpeg.7bce3aadb17e8e67ae78f31a71a20138.jpeg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    image.jpeg.7bce3aadb17e8e67ae78f31a71a20138.jpeg

      ?Didn't mean to be.  Just pointing out areas we need to shore up for this next game. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    CONGRATS TO ALL OF US BROWNS FANS!!

    ...doesn't matter that some non-calls went our way...and that we were playing against Mason Rudolph...

    GREAT BLOCK KAREEM HUNT

    ...man I hate using Baker as a ball carrier.  Thank you Kareem Hunt for a great block to seal the game.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Playoffs BOUND? Here's some GIFs for ya: fantasyfootball

  • Still major concerns/questions:

    Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

    Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

    Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

    Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

    Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

    I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

    I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

    FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @the-gipper said:

    Still major concerns/questions:

    Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

    Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

    Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

    Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

    Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

    I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

    I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

    FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

    Sometimes I agree with 99% of what you post.

    Slight Dissent:  Our secondary played admirable against the Steeler “A”team WRs.  The play that Woods dialed up a blitz....INT.  The other play...well covered blitz pickup and a TD.   I think I hope we stay with Pressure. We will get a couple PIs next week in Pitt. We gotta be better..we were handsy 

    I also disagree on playing Steelers back to back 80% of time I think our HC is a on the money with calls.  Today was not that day but give him another opportunity to figure that team out and we have some young guys. 
     

    RUN the ball next week.  RUN...Run again... play action and boots.  Do not do this shotgun sandlot Cr@p we saw today with Baker.

  • I have so much to say about this game and season but don't have the words right now. I shouldn't be this emotional about a football season but I am. Everything is just so effing hard for us. What a season. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I have so much to say about this game and season but don't have the words right now. I shouldn't be this emotional about a football season but I am. Everything is just so effing hard for us. What a season. 

    Our friend ! You deserve this day just like many others...

    Enjoy it ! We Did it when nobody thought we could ?... 

    and the record says they can't take it back... 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Although we know 11-5 isn't that bad which coulda been 12-4 or even 13-3 as we a all know -and- there is always room for improvement in this crazy year.

    And they might be a dangerous team moving on in the playoffs.  But for now........

    GO BROWNS, they ARE 11-5.,......baby !   Playoffs.  🙂

  • @the-gipper said:

    Still major concerns/questions:

    Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

    Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

    Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

    Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

    Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

    I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

    I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

    FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

    Sometimes I agree with 99% of what you post.

    Slight Dissent:  Our secondary played admirable against the Steeler “A”team WRs.  The play that Woods dialed up a blitz....INT.  The other play...well covered blitz pickup and a TD.   I think I hope we stay with Pressure. We will get a couple PIs next week in Pitt. We gotta be better..we were handsy 

    I also disagree on playing Steelers back to back 80% of time I think our HC is a on the money with calls.  Today was not that day but give him another opportunity to figure that team out and we have some young guys. 
     

    RUN the ball next week.  RUN...Run again... play action and boots.  Do not do this shotgun sandlot Cr@p we saw today with Baker.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Sometimes I agree with 99% of what you post.

    Slight Dissent:  Our secondary played admirable against the Steeler “A”team WRs.  The play that Woods dialed up a blitz....INT.  The other play...well covered blitz pickup and a TD.   I think I hope we stay with Pressure. We will get a couple PIs next week in Pitt. We gotta be better..we were handsy 

    I also disagree on playing Steelers back to back 80% of time I think our HC is a on the money with calls.  Today was not that day but give him another opportunity to figure that team out and we have some young guys. 
     

    RUN the ball next week.  RUN...Run again... play action and boots.  Do not do this shotgun sandlot Cr@p we saw today with Baker.

    I am not claiming that the DB didn't play admirably.....but I still want our (current) starters out there at full strength where I think we can do even better.   Steelers are barely capable of rushing the ball, so focus has to be on putting on pressure, and on coverage.   I am just saying that in both areas,  we can....and must do better next week. 

  • Still major concerns/questions:

    Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

    Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

    Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

    Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

    Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

    I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

    I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

    FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Still major concerns/questions:

    Can the Browns win a playoff game in Pittsburgh?

    Why are so many fans upset with an 11-5 team after all we've witnessed over the years?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Still major concerns/questions:

    Can the Browns win a playoff game in Pittsburgh?

    Why are so many fans upset with an 11-5 team after all we've witnessed over the years?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Can the Browns win a playoff game in Pittsburgh?

    Why are so many fans upset with an 11-5 team after all we've witnessed over the years?

    I don't think "upset" is the issue.    I think it is like  "we can't have a minute to breathe....to celebrate until we have to worry about having to play this  fucktard team again next week"  I think if we were facing anyone else, we would have had some breathing room, some time to celebrate.  If we had ended up playing the Bills, or the Tits....I think we would have had that time, but playing the Spermsuckers again?  It seems no. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Good game by Phillips.  10 total tackles.  I think I like him.

    Our current DB's are not fast enough to make up for little errors.  

  • @bob806 said:

    Can the Browns win a playoff game in Pittsburgh?

    Why are so many fans upset with an 11-5 team after all we've witnessed over the years?

    I don't think "upset" is the issue.    I think it is like  "we can't have a minute to breathe....to celebrate until we have to worry about having to play this  fucktard team again next week"  I think if we were facing anyone else, we would have had some breathing room, some time to celebrate.  If we had ended up playing the Bills, or the Tits....I think we would have had that time, but playing the Spermsuckers again?  It seems no. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think "upset" is the issue.    I think it is like  "we can't have a minute to breathe....to celebrate until we have to worry about having to play this  fucktard team again next week"  

    I choose to Celebrate!!   ? Cheers!

    we had 1... (one) on the field practice all week... sure, we looked like it at times today..Zoom meeting can't replace on the field practices.. See spotty OL play today with flags? .

    a) We should get some guys back before practice Wednesday

    b) the players need locked away till then

    c) Ben wants to play his little dink game? Bang their WR's on there asse$ the first 5 yards we are given..

    We can play straight up with these guys just like the Ravens found out...

    It's a long way from Wednesday..... Enjoy this win till than! 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Still major concerns/questions:

    Can the Browns win a playoff game in Pittsburgh?

    Why are so many fans upset with an 11-5 team after all we've witnessed over the years?

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Can the Browns win a playoff game in Pittsburgh?

    Why are so many fans upset with an 11-5 team after all we've witnessed over the years?

    Doesn't matter, they've already overachieved. We should look at that game as one to gather playoff experience for the future.

  • @bob806 said:

    Can the Browns win a playoff game in Pittsburgh?

    Why are so many fans upset with an 11-5 team after all we've witnessed over the years?

    I don't think "upset" is the issue.    I think it is like  "we can't have a minute to breathe....to celebrate until we have to worry about having to play this  fucktard team again next week"  I think if we were facing anyone else, we would have had some breathing room, some time to celebrate.  If we had ended up playing the Bills, or the Tits....I think we would have had that time, but playing the Spermsuckers again?  It seems no. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think "upset" is the issue.    I think it is like  "we can't have a minute to breathe....to celebrate until we have to worry about having to play this  fucktard team again next week"  I think if we were facing anyone else, we would have had some breathing room, some time to celebrate.  If we had ended up playing the Bills, or the Tits....I think we would have had that time, but playing the Spermsuckers again?  It seems no. 

    Enjoy it. We as fans have a right to be excited, as maddening as it looks at times.

    What the staff and players have done is pretty remarkable this year. 

    Underdawgs next week for sure, but never say die.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I don't give a shit if the Browns would lose the following week by 50, beating the Steelers and ending their season would be enough for me this year. 

    Because I'm sorry, I'm never going to end a season losing to the Steelers and be all "Well, that's ok, we blah blah blah". 

    It's about time the Browns crush THEIR FUCKING DREAMS. 

  • I don't give a shit if the Browns would lose the following week by 50, beating the Steelers and ending their season would be enough for me this year. 

    Because I'm sorry, I'm never going to end a season losing to the Steelers and be all "Well, that's ok, we blah blah blah". 

    It's about time the Browns crush THEIR FUCKING DREAMS. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't give a shit if the Browns would lose the following week by 50, beating the Steelers and ending their season would be enough for me this year. 

    Because I'm sorry, I'm never going to end a season losing to the Steelers and be all "Well, that's ok, we blah blah blah". 

    It's about time the Browns crush THEIR FUCKING DREAMS. 

    God bless ya!