Skip to content

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
250 35 7.8k 1
  • A couple random thoughts about the game today.

    The Oline didn’t seem to be their sharpest today. Bitonio seemed to have a particularly un-Bitonio like day, at least by the standards l’m used to seeing from him. I counted 2 false starts and he got beat badly on at least one play to allow a pressure or sack. 
     

    Rudolph ain’t that bad looking a QB. There were a couple plays he wasn’t on the same page as his receivers, but he can drop some dimes. The Browns’ coverage wasn’t horrendous. The Steeler receivers just made some tough catches in tight windows. 
     

    My man Jacob Phillips had some shining moments. Good to see that. His speed is nice to see at the LB spot, and he don’t like to let go when he gets his hands on the ball carrier. Mack Wilson take note. 
     

    Vernon going down was an “oh noooo” moment. In another thread l characterized Ogunjobi as a guy who starts the season hot but tapers off from there. Vernon seems to be the opposite. He’ll be missed if he misses the next game. 
     

    Speaking of wearing down, does it seem like Chubb is keeping his steam but Hunt is not these last few games?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    A couple random thoughts about the game today.

    The Oline didn’t seem to be their sharpest today. Bitonio seemed to have a particularly un-Bitonio like day, at least by the standards l’m used to seeing from him. I counted 2 false starts and he got beat badly on at least one play to allow a pressure or sack. 
     

    Rudolph ain’t that bad looking a QB. There were a couple plays he wasn’t on the same page as his receivers, but he can drop some dimes. The Browns’ coverage wasn’t horrendous. The Steeler receivers just made some tough catches in tight windows. 
     

    My man Jacob Phillips had some shining moments. Good to see that. His speed is nice to see at the LB spot, and he don’t like to let go when he gets his hands on the ball carrier. Mack Wilson take note. 
     

    Vernon going down was an “oh noooo” moment. In another thread l characterized Ogunjobi as a guy who starts the season hot but tapers off from there. Vernon seems to be the opposite. He’ll be missed if he misses the next game. 
     

    Speaking of wearing down, does it seem like Chubb is keeping his steam but Hunt is not these last few games?

    1) Bitonio did have a sub par game.

    2) Rudolph plain got lucky on those duck bombs.  

    3) If Vernon is seriously hurt we're hurt. 

    4) I mentioned to Tour- what's with rotating Chubb and Hunt? Based on production, Nick should be in there for 75% of the snaps.   

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    I said that before about us not showing are hand but i agree did we even throw a screen ? or ever have hunt and chub in the backfield at the same time ? 

    maybe we will next week

  • I said that before about us not showing are hand but i agree did we even throw a screen ? or ever have hunt and chub in the backfield at the same time ? 

    maybe we will next week

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by

    @atom said:

    I said that before about us not showing are hand but i agree did we even throw a screen ? or ever have hunt and chub in the backfield at the same time ? 

    maybe we will next week

    I saw us call one screen.  It was a mid screen going to Hunt, but the Steelers sniffed it out.  Baker did the right thing and actually picked up 3 yards on it but came up half a yard short on the first. Resulting in 4th down. There were only like 2 times I saw chubb and hunt in the backfield together. In shotgun both started next to baker and hunt motioned out both times. 

  • @atom said:

    I said that before about us not showing are hand but i agree did we even throw a screen ? or ever have hunt and chub in the backfield at the same time ? 

    maybe we will next week

    I saw us call one screen.  It was a mid screen going to Hunt, but the Steelers sniffed it out.  Baker did the right thing and actually picked up 3 yards on it but came up half a yard short on the first. Resulting in 4th down. There were only like 2 times I saw chubb and hunt in the backfield together. In shotgun both started next to baker and hunt motioned out both times. 

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    @bjh2130 said:

    I saw us call one screen.  It was a mid screen going to Hunt, but the Steelers sniffed it out.  Baker did the right thing and actually picked up 3 yards on it but came up half a yard short on the first. Resulting in 4th down. There were only like 2 times I saw chubb and hunt in the backfield together. In shotgun both started next to baker and hunt motioned out both times. 

    thanks

  • @the-gipper said:

    Without Lawyers, there would be no USA, no democracy.   That is absolutely true. 

    Then do me a big favor and go over to the polyboard where they have zero understanding or intent to follow the Constitution. They need real legal input.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Then do me a big favor and go over to the polyboard where they have zero understanding or intent to follow the Constitution. They need real legal input.

    Only if I am paid....in advance, my hourly rate.  $200 per.  I have not raised it in like 10 years, so you all would be getting off cheap. 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    seemed like? Hunt was affected by the missing of practice time & reps..His timing to OL holes was either well behind..or showed no patience .. but damm he runs hard on contact..he drug 2 steelqueers 2 yards up field.. leg squats baby!  Hunt will bounce back from this

  • @vagitron said:

    It doesn't always have to be "well ya, but"

    It doesn't have to be....but it is.  Steelers hold on almost every play.....but yea, it doesn't have to be that way if they didn't do it. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron

    @the-gipper said:

    It doesn't have to be....but it is.  Steelers hold on almost every play.....but yea, it doesn't have to be that way if they didn't do it. 

    Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    It doesn't have to be....but it is.  Steelers hold on almost every play.....but yea, it doesn't have to be that way if they didn't do it. 

    Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

    All I know is the Browns got a few calls their way today... that pick and non call of roughing the QB comes to mind. 

    I don't whine about calls, because my super human level (by today's standard) of common sense says that there are no NFL conspiracies to help any specific team, and sometimes the calls go against you....  and sometimes for you.

  • @the-gipper said:

    It doesn't have to be....but it is.  Steelers hold on almost every play.....but yea, it doesn't have to be that way if they didn't do it. 

    Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

    fuck pit

  • Oh can we stop with the "THE REFS KEEP SCREWING US" whining from the same two guys after every fucking game?

    On the interception by the Browns that ended up putting them up by two touchdowns, Rudolph got smacked right in the helmet by both hands of the Browns pass rusher and there was no flag. 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    On the interception by the Browns that ended up putting them up by two touchdowns, Rudolph got smacked right in the helmet by both hands of the Browns pass rusher and there was no flag. 

    I think I probably would have blown a permanent gasket if they correctly called it, lol. We had a similar one happen when KJ struck someone in the head after an interception and it was a killer. We definitely got away with one but I'm not complaining! 

  • @the-gipper said:

    It doesn't have to be....but it is.  Steelers hold on almost every play.....but yea, it doesn't have to be that way if they didn't do it. 

    Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

    The fact that YOU complain about the officiating when it comes to the Steelers is all the proof I need.  By you complaining that the Steeler's often get jobbed...is proof that it is the other way around. 

    And OK.....I will put that video you want together right away......just wait right there with your fingers on your keyboard in antici

    pation. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

    fuck pit

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @atom said:

    fuck pit

    You act like this bothers me. I've been here a lonnnnnnng time, even longer than this name suggests. 

    @d-bone said:

    All I know is the Browns got a few calls their way today... that pick and non call of roughing the QB comes to mind. 

    I don't whine about calls, because my super human level (by today's standard) of common sense says that there are no NFL conspiracies to help any specific team, and sometimes the calls go against you....  and sometimes for you.

    100% but shit happens and nfl officiating is downright embarrassing. I hate reading "this team gets all the calls" because in reality as you said it's total bs. Frankly here it's the result of getting your shit pushed in for decades. I'm also not trying to be cute when I say that. 

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    I agree about the trash officiating. Once again I’m watching a game where they’ve called a play dead when there’s no reason to (and incorrectly, wasn’t down by contact) just let it play out and the review will bring it back if needed. 
     

    Calling it dead on the field is entirely unnecessary and ruins legitimate interception returns etc time after time 

  • @vagitron said:

    Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

    The fact that YOU complain about the officiating when it comes to the Steelers is all the proof I need.  By you complaining that the Steeler's often get jobbed...is proof that it is the other way around. 

    And OK.....I will put that video you want together right away......just wait right there with your fingers on your keyboard in antici

    pation. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    The fact that YOU complain about the officiating when it comes to the Steelers is all the proof I need.  By you complaining that the Steeler's often get jobbed...is proof that it is the other way around. 

    And OK.....I will put that video you want together right away......just wait right there with your fingers on your keyboard in antici

    pation. 

    I wasn't "complaining" 

    My post was made because people in here were crying about ref bias when twice there were major holds during the 20 or so minutes I was on the board AND watching the game. Why are you so awful? If you got banned ten people would miss you and they are the worst 10 people on this board. I hang around for specific people and weekly info on division rivals. If we never interacted my time here would be far more pleasant. 

  • @atom said:

    fuck pit

    You act like this bothers me. I've been here a lonnnnnnng time, even longer than this name suggests. 

    @d-bone said:

    All I know is the Browns got a few calls their way today... that pick and non call of roughing the QB comes to mind. 

    I don't whine about calls, because my super human level (by today's standard) of common sense says that there are no NFL conspiracies to help any specific team, and sometimes the calls go against you....  and sometimes for you.

    100% but shit happens and nfl officiating is downright embarrassing. I hate reading "this team gets all the calls" because in reality as you said it's total bs. Frankly here it's the result of getting your shit pushed in for decades. I'm also not trying to be cute when I say that. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    You act like this bothers me. I've been here a lonnnnnnng time, even longer than this name suggests. 

    It does bother you...its why you respond......and have over these things for all these years.

    But...wait....I am NOT supposed to be the one hammering you over this.    I have passed the Hammer over to  Dutch.  It is his job now to keep you delusions in hand.

    So, peace, brother.   Love, Happiness, Joy to the World.   Love is All you Need.  Obladi, Oblada.   Dominus Vobiscum. Et tu spiritu tu o.   Don't Worry, Be Happy. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    The fact that YOU complain about the officiating when it comes to the Steelers is all the proof I need.  By you complaining that the Steeler's often get jobbed...is proof that it is the other way around. 

    And OK.....I will put that video you want together right away......just wait right there with your fingers on your keyboard in antici

    pation. 

    I wasn't "complaining" 

    My post was made because people in here were crying about ref bias when twice there were major holds during the 20 or so minutes I was on the board AND watching the game. Why are you so awful? If you got banned ten people would miss you and they are the worst 10 people on this board. I hang around for specific people and weekly info on division rivals. If we never interacted my time here would be far more pleasant. 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    My post was made because people in here were crying about ref bias when twice there were major holds during the 20 or so minutes I was on the board AND watching the game.

    There was one hold in our backfield that was SOOOOOOOO blatant. I mean, it was BAD. We yanked that bitch to the ground in front of God and country. 

  • @atom said:

    fuck pit

    You act like this bothers me. I've been here a lonnnnnnng time, even longer than this name suggests. 

    @d-bone said:

    All I know is the Browns got a few calls their way today... that pick and non call of roughing the QB comes to mind. 

    I don't whine about calls, because my super human level (by today's standard) of common sense says that there are no NFL conspiracies to help any specific team, and sometimes the calls go against you....  and sometimes for you.

    100% but shit happens and nfl officiating is downright embarrassing. I hate reading "this team gets all the calls" because in reality as you said it's total bs. Frankly here it's the result of getting your shit pushed in for decades. I'm also not trying to be cute when I say that. 

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    You act like this bothers me. I've been here a lonnnnnnng time, even longer than this name suggests. 

    i dont give a fuck how long u been around Fuck pit

  • I agree about the trash officiating. Once again I’m watching a game where they’ve called a play dead when there’s no reason to (and incorrectly, wasn’t down by contact) just let it play out and the review will bring it back if needed. 
     

    Calling it dead on the field is entirely unnecessary and ruins legitimate interception returns etc time after time 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron

    @londonbrown said:

    I agree about the trash officiating. Once again I’m watching a game where they’ve called a play dead when there’s no reason to (and incorrectly, wasn’t down by contact) just let it play out and the review will bring it back if needed. 
     

    Calling it dead on the field is entirely unnecessary and ruins legitimate interception returns etc time after time 

    It's the worst in any sport, period. They need to ditch part time refs and hold crews accountable for horrible calls. If your crew changes the game with a horrendous call you should lose a game check or get the worst game assignments. There needs to be consistency and accountability.

  • @londonbrown said:

    I agree about the trash officiating. Once again I’m watching a game where they’ve called a play dead when there’s no reason to (and incorrectly, wasn’t down by contact) just let it play out and the review will bring it back if needed. 
     

    Calling it dead on the field is entirely unnecessary and ruins legitimate interception returns etc time after time 

    It's the worst in any sport, period. They need to ditch part time refs and hold crews accountable for horrible calls. If your crew changes the game with a horrendous call you should lose a game check or get the worst game assignments. There needs to be consistency and accountability.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    It's the worst in any sport, period. They need to ditch part time refs and hold crews accountable for horrible calls. If your crew changes the game with a horrendous call you you lose a game check or get the worst game assignments. There needs to be consistency and accountability.

    Check this out. 

    20210103_225158.jpg

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    yep