Skip to content

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
250 35 7.8k 1
  • @gumby73 said:

    lol ^^..stop! Jimmy V said to cry once a day..and I'm at my limit ? ...Good Night Merica!! Browns Win & Get In! 

    Jimmy V said to laugh once a day.  To Cry once a day. And to think once a day.  My intent was toward the later. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Jimmy V said to laugh once a day.  To Cry once a day. And to think once a day.  My intent was toward the later. 

    did Jimmy V say anything about playing 4-3-1 in the pick 3 Carolina Lottery... The Wife just hit the exact for 500 hundy! ! fuk sleep! who can sleep? ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Jimmy V said to laugh once a day.  To Cry once a day. And to think once a day.  My intent was toward the later. 

    did Jimmy V say anything about playing 4-3-1 in the pick 3 Carolina Lottery... The Wife just hit the exact for 500 hundy! ! fuk sleep! who can sleep? ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    did Jimmy V say anything about playing 4-3-1 in the pick 3 Carolina Lottery... The Wife just hit the exact for 500 hundy! ! fuk sleep! who can sleep? ?

    Wait.   500  hundred is $50,000.  Is that what you are saying.  Time to both laugh and cry. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Lol. Gipper I really don't care. Im perpetually calm and when I'm not im still collected in my thoughts and actions. I don't let other peolle effect my mood too much unless they are family and I have to be "nice" for the sake of not burning bridges. I take the small victories to string them into big ones and I live my life on maintaining a vibe. Fuck with my vibe and we normally have a problem or I simply remove myself from it. I also believe in karma and just being a generally good person each day I get out of bed. I don't need a pep talk, go doctor Phil Cal. He needs it. ?

    Oh, you are way off...unless you are telling me that Doctor Phil has been around for thousands of years.  My philosophy existed before time and space.  It is beyond is and is not.  The obsession with saving time is a fallacy.  You cannot save time,  you can only spend it. The question is whether you spend it wisely or foolishly. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Oh, you are way off...unless you are telling me that Doctor Phil has been around for thousands of years.  My philosophy existed before time and space.  It is beyond is and is not.  The obsession with saving time is a fallacy.  You cannot save time,  you can only spend it. The question is whether you spend it wisely or foolishly. 

    Yep. It's acid. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Oh, you are way off...unless you are telling me that Doctor Phil has been around for thousands of years.  My philosophy existed before time and space.  It is beyond is and is not.  The obsession with saving time is a fallacy.  You cannot save time,  you can only spend it. The question is whether you spend it wisely or foolishly. 

    Yep. It's acid. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Yep. It's acid. 

    No, it is Taoism. 

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    Hey, a little OT- but sorry G-Men I feel you pain. Been there, seen that...  Claiming the Eagles deliberately tanked to put the WFT in the playoffs...  the Steelers sort of tanked- and still almost won...  https://www.nfl.com/news/sickening-giants-players-voice-displeasure-with-eagles-decision-to-bench-jalen-h

  • Hey, a little OT- but sorry G-Men I feel you pain. Been there, seen that...  Claiming the Eagles deliberately tanked to put the WFT in the playoffs...  the Steelers sort of tanked- and still almost won...  https://www.nfl.com/news/sickening-giants-players-voice-displeasure-with-eagles-decision-to-bench-jalen-h

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Hey, a little OT- but sorry G-Men I feel you pain. Been there, seen that...  Claiming the Eagles deliberately tanked to put the WFT in the playoffs...  the Steelers sort of tanked- and still almost won...  https://www.nfl.com/news/sickening-giants-players-voice-displeasure-with-eagles-decision-to-bench-jalen-h

    A little OT? Have you missed Gip's and Vag's last 10 posts? 

    A 6-10 team shouldn't complain about some other team tanking. Win your games. Eagles can do whatever they want on their season finale. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Hey, a little OT- but sorry G-Men I feel you pain. Been there, seen that...  Claiming the Eagles deliberately tanked to put the WFT in the playoffs...  the Steelers sort of tanked- and still almost won...  https://www.nfl.com/news/sickening-giants-players-voice-displeasure-with-eagles-decision-to-bench-jalen-h

    A little OT? Have you missed Gip's and Vag's last 10 posts? 

    A 6-10 team shouldn't complain about some other team tanking. Win your games. Eagles can do whatever they want on their season finale. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    A little OT? Have you missed Gip's and Vag's last 10 posts? 

    Did you hear? The McRib is back!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Pro bono works for me.?

    Not for me.  I may dispense my sports opinions and philosophy for free.....but not my legal and political opinions.  I had to incur that law school debt that the Vag was unwilling to do. though not nearly at the level he professed. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Not for me.  I may dispense my sports opinions and philosophy for free.....but not my legal and political opinions.  I had to incur that law school debt that the Vag was unwilling to do. though not nearly at the level he professed. 

    Oh come on Gip. I should get it pro bono just because I knew what it meant, which is far more than I can say about the un-democrats.?

  • @the-gipper said:

    The fact that YOU complain about the officiating when it comes to the Steelers is all the proof I need.  By you complaining that the Steeler's often get jobbed...is proof that it is the other way around. 

    And OK.....I will put that video you want together right away......just wait right there with your fingers on your keyboard in antici

    pation. 

    I wasn't "complaining" 

    My post was made because people in here were crying about ref bias when twice there were major holds during the 20 or so minutes I was on the board AND watching the game. Why are you so awful? If you got banned ten people would miss you and they are the worst 10 people on this board. I hang around for specific people and weekly info on division rivals. If we never interacted my time here would be far more pleasant. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    My post was made because people in here were crying about ref bias

    Yup... Some folks don't see the difference between bad calls and ref bias. Only one of these is a real thing.

    And you've visited the netherworld that is our "Political Section" enough to know that the same conspiracy theory addicts you find there promote the bias arguments here.

    Maybe it's genetic...

    Personally I did not see a great deal of holding Sunday, and the one I saw called against PTG (the one where your OL grabbed our DL by the arm momentarily) was kinda ticky-tacky. It was correct by the book, but did not actually impede our player.

    Sunday the refs let the players play. Pretty much relegated themselves to calling False Starts and Offsides... and that was fine by me.

    We can only hope they do the same thing this coming Sunday.

  • @nero said:

    A little OT? Have you missed Gip's and Vag's last 10 posts? 

    Did you hear? The McRib is back!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Did you hear? The McRib is back!

    I love the faux gravitas Brian Cox's narration adds to that and the other McD commercials.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    And a weather report in Farenheit, Celsius and Kelvin.

    What do you have against Rankine?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    G00d Morning Winners ! !  ?

    54d354632e71496fbe1eeb3b63422844.jpg?w=1

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/gallery/top-30-photos-from-the-browns-win-over-the-steelers/

    Woke up to the best hangover ever... And I don't care ?

  • @vagitron said:

    My post was made because people in here were crying about ref bias

    Yup... Some folks don't see the difference between bad calls and ref bias. Only one of these is a real thing.

    And you've visited the netherworld that is our "Political Section" enough to know that the same conspiracy theory addicts you find there promote the bias arguments here.

    Maybe it's genetic...

    Personally I did not see a great deal of holding Sunday, and the one I saw called against PTG (the one where your OL grabbed our DL by the arm momentarily) was kinda ticky-tacky. It was correct by the book, but did not actually impede our player.

    Sunday the refs let the players play. Pretty much relegated themselves to calling False Starts and Offsides... and that was fine by me.

    We can only hope they do the same thing this coming Sunday.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Personally I did not see a great deal of holding Sunday, and the one I saw called against PTG (the one where your OL grabbed our DL by the arm momentarily) was kinda ticky-tacky. It was correct by the book, but did not actually impede our player.

    I tend to agree. There was one egregious hold they missed on us where the Steelers had a guy in the backfield and we ripped him to the ground. Other than that, the refs did a pretty good job other than thankfully missing the hands to the face during our interception. 

    Do we know how we recovered that onsides kick? Holy shit guys. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not for me.  I may dispense my sports opinions and philosophy for free.....but not my legal and political opinions.  I had to incur that law school debt that the Vag was unwilling to do. though not nearly at the level he professed. 

    Oh come on Gip. I should get it pro bono just because I knew what it meant, which is far more than I can say about the un-democrats.?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Oh come on Gip. I should get it pro bono just because I knew what it meant, which is far more than I can say about the un-democrats.?

    No.  You have already gotten your freebie.   Like LIttle Joe from walk on the Wild Side, I one time gave it away. Now everybody has to pay and pay. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    Donovan Peoples-Jones@dpeoplesjones
    I’m good.. let’s get it Brownssss #DawgCheck
  • @atom said:

    fuck pit

    You act like this bothers me. I've been here a lonnnnnnng time, even longer than this name suggests. 

    @d-bone said:

    All I know is the Browns got a few calls their way today... that pick and non call of roughing the QB comes to mind. 

    I don't whine about calls, because my super human level (by today's standard) of common sense says that there are no NFL conspiracies to help any specific team, and sometimes the calls go against you....  and sometimes for you.

    100% but shit happens and nfl officiating is downright embarrassing. I hate reading "this team gets all the calls" because in reality as you said it's total bs. Frankly here it's the result of getting your shit pushed in for decades. I'm also not trying to be cute when I say that. 

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    You act like this bothers me. I've been here a lonnnnnnng time, even longer than this name suggests. 

    100% but shit happens and nfl officiating is downright embarrassing. I hate reading "this team gets all the calls" because in reality as you said it's total bs. Frankly here it's the result of getting your shit pushed in for decades. I'm also not trying to be cute when I say that. 

    I thought we got a ton of no calls our way...hit qb in head...holding...pi...

  • @vagitron said:

    You act like this bothers me. I've been here a lonnnnnnng time, even longer than this name suggests. 

    100% but shit happens and nfl officiating is downright embarrassing. I hate reading "this team gets all the calls" because in reality as you said it's total bs. Frankly here it's the result of getting your shit pushed in for decades. I'm also not trying to be cute when I say that. 

    I thought we got a ton of no calls our way...hit qb in head...holding...pi...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    I thought we got a ton of no calls our way...hit qb in head...holding...pi...

    I spotted The hit to the head in real time...I was pissed because I was thinking it would wipe out the pick. 
    We got a few more calls than they did.  Take it.  Last week we had enormous call not in our favor

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @kvoethe said:

    Pitspuke radio talking heads were saying

    They dont fear anything Baker can do...but they do fear Chubb and his skills.

    Curtis Carpenter

    I wish my dad was still alive to see it. He was a big Brown's fan
    I’m so happy for the entire City of Cleveland and fans around the world but Jimmy D is the one I’m most happy for! Love listening to you every weekend and couldn’t possibly imagine a game without him! Go Browns! God Bless all! Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!
       
     

          
    “and the only thing that’s missing is all of you” wow what a call!
     
     
    and again... Fuk Pittsburgh ! it's about what we do going into Heinz to wreck their F'n season ? 
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @calfoxwc said:

    What is the "Big Brother" bullshit that Ryan Clark was spewing?  Other than the fact that the Steelers are  13 years older than the Brown.....going back to 1933 vs.  1946....there ain't no big brother relationship  going on.    They each have about the same number of playoff appearances over the many year....maybe 2-3 years difference.   Browns have more championships.  They each have about the same number of Hall of Fame players.  Ownership stability....and lately,   management and coaching stability have been the only things that have allowed the Steelers to gain an edge in the last  yea many years.