Skip to content

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
250 35 7.8k 1
  • @gumby73 said:

    Woke up to the best hangover ever... And I don't care ?

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

    I think they backed up Alice Cooper at the Rubber Bowl concert I attended along with Dr. John.   Also  1972 I believe. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

    I think they backed up Alice Cooper at the Rubber Bowl concert I attended along with Dr. John.   Also  1972 I believe. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I think they backed up Alice Cooper at the Rubber Bowl concert I attended along with Dr. John.   Also  1972 I believe. 

    You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

    Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

  • @gumby73 said:

    Woke up to the best hangover ever... And I don't care ?

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... 🙂

    Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

    For some reason I'm having trouble finding j geils band, only got this combo concert.

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_200522.jpg

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think they backed up Alice Cooper at the Rubber Bowl concert I attended along with Dr. John.   Also  1972 I believe. 

    You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

    Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

    Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

    Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

    It says the date is 1990.

  • @the-gipper said:

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

    It says the date is 1990.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    It says the date is 1990.

    That's part of the next column showing number of concerts per year.

    The 1972 is the correct date for the rubber bowl.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    On J Geils  I started a search by venue:: Cleveland Ohio and got a 4 page list to go through, have fun using the above link and go to search.

    This is a great archive site.

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_200522.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_205332.jpg

  • @mjp28 said:

    You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

    Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

    This is indeed confusing unless there was a list minute change.  I show song lineups for both August 5 dates.  But maybe you should remember this:

    large_The_Akron_Beacon_Journal_Sun__Jul_16__1972.jpg

  • @vambo said:

    Kevin Stefanski gave the game ball to Browns owner Jimmy Haslam

    Now that's what you call a sound career move...

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Now that's what you call a sound career move...

    I honestly thought Haslam would have spoken for a bit longer. He said a word or two and bounced. I'm sure this game ball was special...but can you IMAGINE what it would be like to get NEXT week's game ball? 

    That's where my imagination is hanging out these days. Knocking those assholes out of the playoffs and catapulting us into the stratosphere of fan mania. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    Offensive rankings

    Defensive rankings

    Surprises: Vincent Taylor 67.9, Phillips 66.8 Taki 69.9, Gustin 70.0, Hodge 77.9, Hooper 70.3

    Surprised in a bad way: Wilson 53.5, Vernon 39.2, Ogun 52.8, Hunt 49.8

  • Offensive rankings

    Defensive rankings

    Surprises: Vincent Taylor 67.9, Phillips 66.8 Taki 69.9, Gustin 70.0, Hodge 77.9, Hooper 70.3

    Surprised in a bad way: Wilson 53.5, Vernon 39.2, Ogun 52.8, Hunt 49.8

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    Surprised in a bad way:          Vernon 39.2   😮 (what?)

    They gotta be kidding ^^ ... Folks pay honest money to these every play scoring geeks... I'll continue to trust my own eyes thank you 

  • Offensive rankings

    Defensive rankings

    Surprises: Vincent Taylor 67.9, Phillips 66.8 Taki 69.9, Gustin 70.0, Hodge 77.9, Hooper 70.3

    Surprised in a bad way: Wilson 53.5, Vernon 39.2, Ogun 52.8, Hunt 49.8

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    Offensive rankings

    Defensive rankings

    Surprises: Vincent Taylor 67.9, Phillips 66.8 Taki 69.9, Gustin 70.0, Hodge 77.9, Hooper 70.3

    Surprised in a bad way: Wilson 53.5, Vernon 39.2, Ogun 52.8, Hunt 49.8

    Mack Wilson is so bad. I mean, he's like the worst linebacker I've ever seen. He literally bounces off people and can't take a correct angle to save his effing life. 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Surprised in a bad way:          Vernon 39.2   😮 (what?)

    They gotta be kidding ^^ ... Folks pay honest money to these every play scoring geeks... I'll continue to trust my own eyes thank you 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    They gotta be kidding ^^ ... Folks pay honest money to these every play scoring geeks... I'll continue to trust my own eyes thank you 

    I recall one sack Vernon had where he fell down right in front of Rudolph, and Rudolph was facing him, then he got back up and tackled him. I’m not sure how Rudolph missed him though. I’d be curious how pff scored that play. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    They gotta be kidding ^^ ... Folks pay honest money to these every play scoring geeks... I'll continue to trust my own eyes thank you 

    I recall one sack Vernon had where he fell down right in front of Rudolph, and Rudolph was facing him, then he got back up and tackled him. I’m not sure how Rudolph missed him though. I’d be curious how pff scored that play. 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I recall one sack Vernon had where he fell down right in front of Rudolph, and Rudolph was facing him, then he got back up and tackled him. I’m not sure how Rudolph missed him though. I’d be curious how pff scored that play. 

    Not just tackled him, straight up PLANTED that bitch. Honestly, Vernon should have swatted the ball because Rudolph didn't even see him. The ball ALMOST came out, but Vernon could've easily chopped his arms and gotten the rock. Dammit man...I'm going to really miss Vernon. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Ball did come out... Mason recovered his own fumble.

    As for Vernon's grade...

    PFF watches every snap. Yes, he made a couple splash plays that grabbed TV-viewing fans attention, but likely they saw a lot more plays... run and pass... where he got whipped.

    OL and DL grading are the least subjective of all the positions.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    each snap is independent from the last .. Vernon's 74.2 rating this season is quite good.

  • Offensive rankings

    Defensive rankings

    Surprises: Vincent Taylor 67.9, Phillips 66.8 Taki 69.9, Gustin 70.0, Hodge 77.9, Hooper 70.3

    Surprised in a bad way: Wilson 53.5, Vernon 39.2, Ogun 52.8, Hunt 49.8

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    Offensive rankings

    Defensive rankings

    Surprises: Vincent Taylor 67.9, Phillips 66.8 Taki 69.9, Gustin 70.0, Hodge 77.9, Hooper 70.3

    Surprised in a bad way: Wilson 53.5, Vernon 39.2, Ogun 52.8, Hunt 49.8

    Surprises, at least the first two, shouldn't have been surprises at all.

    Taylor and Phillips put some really great tape out there Sunday.  Flashes of potential you want to see from your young players that indicates whom you're rolling with in future rosters.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    I was surprised at Gustin's demonstration of actually potentially being able to hold up as part of a rotation.. Taylor and Gustin may not be future hall-of-famers, but you could do a lot worse with Ogun and Taylor at your DI 3&4 spot. 

    Sure, we need another edge just like every other team, but DI of Billings/Richardson/Ogun/Taylor and Edge of Garrett/Vernon/Gustin/2021 Draftee might just work..  Unfortunate that both Thomas and Elliot seem to be round3 busts moving forward. 

    I know Berry wasn't responsible, but round 3 is too high for a complete whiff.  We're still suffering from the fecal picks of 

    2017/2 [kizer] and the entire draft classes of 2016 and 2015.. 2014, of course, is The Draft Which Shall Not Be Named.

  • I was surprised at Gustin's demonstration of actually potentially being able to hold up as part of a rotation.. Taylor and Gustin may not be future hall-of-famers, but you could do a lot worse with Ogun and Taylor at your DI 3&4 spot. 

    Sure, we need another edge just like every other team, but DI of Billings/Richardson/Ogun/Taylor and Edge of Garrett/Vernon/Gustin/2021 Draftee might just work..  Unfortunate that both Thomas and Elliot seem to be round3 busts moving forward. 

    I know Berry wasn't responsible, but round 3 is too high for a complete whiff.  We're still suffering from the fecal picks of 

    2017/2 [kizer] and the entire draft classes of 2016 and 2015.. 2014, of course, is The Draft Which Shall Not Be Named.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    I was surprised at Gustin's demonstration of actually potentially being able to hold up as part of a rotation.. Taylor and Gustin may not be future hall-of-famers, but you could do a lot worse with Ogun and Taylor at your DI 3&4 spot. 

    Sure, we need another edge just like every other team, but DI of Billings/Richardson/Ogun/Taylor and Edge of Garrett/Vernon/Gustin/2021 Draftee might just work..  Unfortunate that both Thomas and Elliot seem to be round3 busts moving forward.

    Glad you're seeing the light.