Skip to content

***DIVISIONAL ROUND: Browns AT Chiefs Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
341 49 9.8k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Well...that is one way to look at it.   Another is to say that....if all those pieces of pie that we hadn't been handed out earlier in the game we would have perhaps still had full pan full of pie.....and then the shoe would have been on the foot of the other team to try to catch us, rather than vice versa.  Maybe they do it....but they didn't have to try. 

    For what it's worth, I'm not disagreeing that it was a big missed call, I'm just saying that the Browns had a chance to win the game after it but simply failed. As you can probably tell, objects in my rear view mirror are never closer than they appear. 

    Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too.  ?

    @d-bone said:

    For what it's worth, I'm not disagreeing that it was a big missed call, I'm just saying that the Browns had a chance to win the game after it but simply failed. As you can probably tell, objects in my rear view mirror are never closer than they appear. 

    Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too.  ?

    Agreed. I was chatting with some friends and we talked about the Saints-Rams no PI call. 

    It's blatant, infuriating and shameful. The NFL should not let that happen. 

    But both the Saints and the Browns had a chance to win and didn't seize it. And ironically, I remember you and I saying the same thing back then. 

  • @nickers said:

    It looks like prevent defense to me... It BLOWS!

    Jesus you are a fucking tool. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Jesus you are a fucking tool. 

    Don't insult my favorite band like that by calling that Retard a Tool.  Dude has zero football I.Q.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Greedy wasn’t much when he’s played.  So please...if he’s coming back...we will see a soft tissue injury week 1 of the 2nd quarter after he’s beat for a TD.

    Moving on....Hunt is fresh for next week.

    I hate complaining about missed calls when we executed nothing and called an awful game.

    Move on to the draft...clean house on defense.  

    Unfortunately, both Greedy and Ward have proven that they can not be counted on to be on the field consistently. 

    Can't make the club, sittin' in the tub. 

    @d-bone said:

    Unfortunately, both Greedy and Ward have proven that they can not be counted on to be on the field consistently.  

    I think you're painting with a tad too broad of a brush, my friend...

    Greedy: image.png.3514c493fc48bb7d39a85b0cb92e5f41.png Missed all of 2020 or 0/18 so 22/34 games missed in two seasons - 64.7% missed

    Ward: image.png.32f2c4a59be0fe4199cd1f2664a615b4.pngRaw data says missed 13/50, but 2 in 2020 were Covid so I'm axing those. 12/48 in three seasons or 25% missed.

    While I agree that a higher availability is desirable, the other mitigating things for Ward is that he's neither repeated an injury nor suffered a major one requiring surgery.

    He's a keeper in my book.

  • N Neo

    I just want to put things into perspective, with the game close they lost probably the best player in all of football and left the door wide open for the Browns. They didn't get it done. 

    This is just the start of things to come. I think it is abundantly clear the impact of not having a weapon like Beckham had the bad luck of losing Wills, but I think if we had another threat on offense it would have been easier to run the ball. 

    @neo said:

    had the bad luck of losing Wills

    Not just Wills, but Lamm (who was playing well) as well...

    So once again "Hello-my-name-is: Blake Hance" stepped in a did a decent job just as he did last week... and on the opposite side at a different position to boot.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Now who is the pervert? ?

    Any kid that has ever played for this 2 time California 16u Softball champion coach knows only 2 words....... Effort and Attitude.

    The only 2 things that they actually control. They can't control where I bat them, where I play them or if I play them at all, and they sure as hell can't control the umpires' calls.

    Bottom of the 7th, 2 outs, full count, bases loaded, down 1, and you get called out on a high pitch? Don't blame anyone but yourself.... FOUL THAT SHIT OFF AND FIND A WAY TO WIN THE GAME ON THE NEXT PITCH!!!

    Effort and Attitude..... the only things that any of us really control.  

    (That'll be $100 for the coaching lesson) 

    @d-bone said:

    (That'll be $100 for the coaching lesson) 

    Good luck getting that from Gipper...

    .And it was DR. EMMETT BROWN'S time machine in Back to the Future... Judge Smails .

  • @the-gipper said:

    Maybe.   My son ran cross country and did some track.  My daughter played some softball,  but was primarily a cheerleader (HS,  and 4 years in college)      How were you at those?

    Really good at one.... not so much at the other 2. 

    @d-bone said:

    Really good at one..

    Cheerleading?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well...that is one way to look at it.   Another is to say that....if all those pieces of pie that we hadn't been handed out earlier in the game we would have perhaps still had full pan full of pie.....and then the shoe would have been on the foot of the other team to try to catch us, rather than vice versa.  Maybe they do it....but they didn't have to try. 

    For what it's worth, I'm not disagreeing that it was a big missed call, I'm just saying that the Browns had a chance to win the game after it but simply failed. As you can probably tell, objects in my rear view mirror are never closer than they appear. 

    Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too.  ?

    @d-bone said:

    Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too. 

    Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...

  • @gunz41 said:

    Yes they are, but this isn't college??? I have no clue why you felt the need to tell me that, when you know that is something I would know.

    Who says I was telling YOU that.  Just because it was your post doesn't mean that a statement I make may not be for general consumption.  I was simply pointing out to everyone that that is the kind of play that is reviewable at the college level.  There may be some people on here that don't actually know that.  In fact, to be fair....I thought that a helmet to helmet hit....was reviewable in the NFL.  But apparently not.  Nevertheless, your post was simply the conduit through which that point was to be made. 

    And sure, if you want to just look at one play (then really it would be 6, especially when considering the amount of hate Parkey has gotten on here). And I won't even go full dissection into you to answer. All I will say is that having a 16 point lead vs. an at best 9 point lead is huge in a coaches mind/play calling. And if you want to point out 1 play that really hurt the Browns, couldn't the Chiefs do the same with Mahomes. The Browns almost assuredly don't hold Chiefs to 22 with PM. But that is besides the point.

    Yes, that is why I said  if that penalty had been called and the game had become  closer that it may have changed the Chiefs strategy later on. 

    I will say it again, a VERY BAD missed call. They happen. The officials didn't miss it on purpose. And since this is the ONLY area of field that you can lose the ball like that, regardless of the hit, need to be a bit safer there. The exact same thing can and has happened with legal hits. 

    Sure....its all speculative. IF that call had been made the Browns may have scored another 7 points...which, speculatively could have won us the game.   And maybe Higgins should have been safer there....but what I did see him do there was to make an all out effort to score.  Had he played it safer, he likely does not fumble, but he also doesn't try to score...which was his goal.  Maybe a bad decision on his part, as the fumble didn't keep the ball alive.  Being short of the goal....on the 2 or 1 could have given us a TD...but like I said...I appreciated the effort, even if you can second guess it. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???

    Don't want to take my opinion, lets ask... @tour2ma, @hoorta, @dutch-oven, @nero, @tiamat63???

  • @d-bone said:

    Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too. 

    Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...

    @tour2ma said:

    Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...

    LOL!! Lord knows I tried with every bit of JuJu that I possessed.  

  • @neo said:

    had the bad luck of losing Wills

    Not just Wills, but Lamm (who was playing well) as well...

    So once again "Hello-my-name-is: Blake Hance" stepped in a did a decent job just as he did last week... and on the opposite side at a different position to boot.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not just Wills, but Lamm (who was playing well) as well...

    So once again "Hello-my-name-is: Blake Hance" stepped in a did a decent job just as he did last week... and on the opposite side at a different position to boot.

    Blake Hance deserves a full-time roster spot after what he did these last two games. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...

    LOL!! Lord knows I tried with every bit of JuJu that I possessed.  

    @d-bone said:

    LOL!! Lord knows I tried with every bit of JuJu that I possessed.  

    Based on his description of his bowel movement (and thanks a whole bunch for that, Dutch) you might have saved his life...

  • @d-bone said:

    (That'll be $100 for the coaching lesson) 

    Good luck getting that from Gipper...

    .And it was DR. EMMETT BROWN'S time machine in Back to the Future... Judge Smails .

    @tour2ma said:

    Good luck getting that from Gipper...

    YOUR ignorance of what constitutes a bet is your problem, not mine. 

    .And it was DR. EMMETT BROWN'S time machine in Back to the Future... Judge Smails .

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???

    Don't want to take my opinion, lets ask... @tour2ma, @hoorta, @dutch-oven, @nero, @tiamat63???

    @gunz41 said:

    Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???

    Don't want to take my opinion, lets ask... @tour2ma, @hoorta, @dutch-oven, @nero, @tiamat63???

    Whatever the guy confronting Gipper says. 

    Gipper you should learn to shut up sometimes. You get to be obnoxious at times and it is only because you'll go through the longest rabbit holes ever. 

  • WELCOME TO THE PARTY, PAL(S)...

  • @browns52 said:

    woods sucks.....steph made some bad time mgmt calls though....thats ok....he will be good.....i have to say how about that call by andy reid....wow....depressing but i never expected it...never.....but woods sucks.....we need some pass rushers and lb's but i don't want him coaching them.....half the time the d looked out of place and confused....no pressure....none at all.....could have won this one.....the play that keeps coming back to me, is the third and 14 and we let a fucking backup run for 13 and half to set up that call on 4th down......where the fuck were the lbs.....oh well....it was a great season never the less...

    He plays too much Tampa 2... I HATE the Tampa 2 defense..... You have to have an extraordinary secondary to even run it half assed...

    @nickers said:

    He plays too much Tampa 2... I HATE the Tampa 2 defense..... You have to have an extraordinary secondary to even run it half assed...

    watched that henne scramble play again and it appears what really made that play sucessful was that our de filling in for vernon went for the sack and got blown out by the chefs lt...it wasn't even close....he should have played containment....counting on someone to come up and stop henne way shorter of the 1st down....instead he got creamed by the lt opening up the whole left side for the scramble.....ugly....simply ugly d....

  • .... and can we talk about Hooper's catch? Man, I've been hard on granite hands lately but damn, what a huge catch that was. 

  • N Neo

    I just want to put things into perspective, with the game close they lost probably the best player in all of football and left the door wide open for the Browns. They didn't get it done. 

    This is just the start of things to come. I think it is abundantly clear the impact of not having a weapon like Beckham had the bad luck of losing Wills, but I think if we had another threat on offense it would have been easier to run the ball. 

    @neo said:

    I just want to put things into perspective, with the game close they lost probably the best player in all of football and left the door wide open for the Browns. They didn't get it done. 

    This is just the start of things to come. I think it is abundantly clear the impact of not having a weapon like Beckham had the bad luck of losing Wills, but I think if we had another threat on offense it would have been easier to run the ball. 

    i give alot of credit to the chefs d.....honey badger was hugh....he was mostly responsible for stuffing the run.....defense wins games, not offense....they made the plays on d and we did not...

  • @neo said:

    I just want to put things into perspective, with the game close they lost probably the best player in all of football and left the door wide open for the Browns. They didn't get it done. 

    This is just the start of things to come. I think it is abundantly clear the impact of not having a weapon like Beckham had the bad luck of losing Wills, but I think if we had another threat on offense it would have been easier to run the ball. 

    i give alot of credit to the chefs d.....honey badger was hugh....he was mostly responsible for stuffing the run.....defense wins games, not offense....they made the plays on d and we did not...

    @browns52 said:

    i give alot of credit to the chefs d.....honey badger was hugh....he was mostly responsible for stuffing the run.....defense wins games, not offense....they made the plays on d and we did not...

    just saying, beckham was a weapon when he was with the giants......overall, he has not done much with the browns.....

  • We ran the ball fine.

    The Chubb Hunt tandem: 

    20 carries 5.3 yards per carry.  

     

  • .... and can we talk about Hooper's catch? Man, I've been hard on granite hands lately but damn, what a huge catch that was. 

    @d-bone said:

    .... and can we talk about Hooper's catch? Man, I've been hard on granite hands lately but damn, what a huge catch that was. 

    The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend  to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close. 
     

    Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.