***DIVISIONAL ROUND: Browns AT Chiefs Gameday Thread***
-
Not just Wills, but Lamm (who was playing well) as well...
So once again "Hello-my-name-is: Blake Hance" stepped in a did a decent job just as he did last week... and on the opposite side at a different position to boot.
Blake Hance deserves a full-time roster spot after what he did these last two games.
-
-
-
Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???
Don't want to take my opinion, lets ask... @tour2ma, @hoorta, @dutch-oven, @nero, @tiamat63???
Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???
Don't want to take my opinion, lets ask... @tour2ma, @hoorta, @dutch-oven, @nero, @tiamat63???
Whatever the guy confronting Gipper says.
Gipper you should learn to shut up sometimes. You get to be obnoxious at times and it is only because you'll go through the longest rabbit holes ever.
-
woods sucks.....steph made some bad time mgmt calls though....thats ok....he will be good.....i have to say how about that call by andy reid....wow....depressing but i never expected it...never.....but woods sucks.....we need some pass rushers and lb's but i don't want him coaching them.....half the time the d looked out of place and confused....no pressure....none at all.....could have won this one.....the play that keeps coming back to me, is the third and 14 and we let a fucking backup run for 13 and half to set up that call on 4th down......where the fuck were the lbs.....oh well....it was a great season never the less...
He plays too much Tampa 2... I HATE the Tampa 2 defense..... You have to have an extraordinary secondary to even run it half assed...
He plays too much Tampa 2... I HATE the Tampa 2 defense..... You have to have an extraordinary secondary to even run it half assed...
watched that henne scramble play again and it appears what really made that play sucessful was that our de filling in for vernon went for the sack and got blown out by the chefs lt...it wasn't even close....he should have played containment....counting on someone to come up and stop henne way shorter of the 1st down....instead he got creamed by the lt opening up the whole left side for the scramble.....ugly....simply ugly d....
-
I just want to put things into perspective, with the game close they lost probably the best player in all of football and left the door wide open for the Browns. They didn't get it done.
This is just the start of things to come. I think it is abundantly clear the impact of not having a weapon like Beckham had the bad luck of losing Wills, but I think if we had another threat on offense it would have been easier to run the ball.
I just want to put things into perspective, with the game close they lost probably the best player in all of football and left the door wide open for the Browns. They didn't get it done.
This is just the start of things to come. I think it is abundantly clear the impact of not having a weapon like Beckham had the bad luck of losing Wills, but I think if we had another threat on offense it would have been easier to run the ball.
i give alot of credit to the chefs d.....honey badger was hugh....he was mostly responsible for stuffing the run.....defense wins games, not offense....they made the plays on d and we did not...
-
I just want to put things into perspective, with the game close they lost probably the best player in all of football and left the door wide open for the Browns. They didn't get it done.
This is just the start of things to come. I think it is abundantly clear the impact of not having a weapon like Beckham had the bad luck of losing Wills, but I think if we had another threat on offense it would have been easier to run the ball.
i give alot of credit to the chefs d.....honey badger was hugh....he was mostly responsible for stuffing the run.....defense wins games, not offense....they made the plays on d and we did not...
i give alot of credit to the chefs d.....honey badger was hugh....he was mostly responsible for stuffing the run.....defense wins games, not offense....they made the plays on d and we did not...
just saying, beckham was a weapon when he was with the giants......overall, he has not done much with the browns.....
-
We ran the ball fine.
The Chubb Hunt tandem:
20 carries 5.3 yards per carry.
-
.... and can we talk about Hooper's catch? Man, I've been hard on granite hands lately but damn, what a huge catch that was.
.... and can we talk about Hooper's catch? Man, I've been hard on granite hands lately but damn, what a huge catch that was.
The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close.
Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.
-
.... and can we talk about Hooper's catch? Man, I've been hard on granite hands lately but damn, what a huge catch that was.
The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close.
Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.
The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close.
Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.
For sure! I have never been so happy to be so wrong regarding Baker. He's our dude for the next 7-10 years and he is good enough to win a Super Bowl if we can put a defense around him.
-
i give alot of credit to the chefs d.....honey badger was hugh....he was mostly responsible for stuffing the run.....defense wins games, not offense....they made the plays on d and we did not...
just saying, beckham was a weapon when he was with the giants......overall, he has not done much with the browns.....
-
So I'm still awake while you east coasters are sleeping, and I am sitting here feeling weirdly and comfortably satisfied after the Browns season is officially over.
It's been damn near half of my 53 years of life since I have felt this way after the Browns final game of the season..... Usually it's just relief that it's finally over and uncontrolled hope that it will someday mercifully get better "if they can just get the right people in place."
Tonight, it's a peaceful, easy feeling (name that artist) and one that will allow me to go to bed in a few minutes and fall asleep with a little smile on my face, as I know I have a real chance to see my Browns in the Super Bowl coming up for the next few years.... and that is exciting as hell.
Thank you Browns for a great season, and thank you for restoring more than just hope - thank you for restoring my expectations.
Good night, and good luck.
-
Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too.
Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...
-
I mentioned Stef calling the game in reverse. Looking at ESPN's play call chart and that appears to be just what happened. Only issue is the offense left a reasonable deal of points on the field today.
Long off-season. So plenty of time to go over draft prospects and Browns film. That work begins Monday morning.
-
Heartbreaking loss, not because we lost but because we could have easily won... it feels like this team still has a lot in the tank yet and would give Buffalo a run for it's money.
If I remember it right, I think saw... on the play Mahommes was hit and got knocked out the game, that the ball came loose as he was going to the ground...
-
Heartbreaking loss, not because we lost but because we could have easily won... it feels like this team still has a lot in the tank yet and would give Buffalo a run for it's money.
If I remember it right, I think saw... on the play Mahommes was hit and got knocked out the game, that the ball came loose as he was going to the ground...
Heartbreaking loss, not because we lost but because we could have easily won... it feels like this team still has a lot in the tank yet and would give Buffalo a run for it's money.
If I remember it right, I think saw... on the play Mahommes was hit and got knocked out the game, that the ball came loose as he was going to the ground...
It's not a fumble by any means.
-
Heartbreaking loss, not because we lost but because we could have easily won... it feels like this team still has a lot in the tank yet and would give Buffalo a run for it's money.
If I remember it right, I think saw... on the play Mahommes was hit and got knocked out the game, that the ball came loose as he was going to the ground...
It's not a fumble by any means.
-
I mentioned Stef calling the game in reverse. Looking at ESPN's play call chart and that appears to be just what happened. Only issue is the offense left a reasonable deal of points on the field today.
Long off-season. So plenty of time to go over draft prospects and Browns film. That work begins Monday morning.
I mentioned Stef calling the game in reverse. Looking at ESPN's play call chart and that appears to be just what happened. Only issue is the offense left a reasonable deal of points on the field today.
Long off-season. So plenty of time to go over draft prospects and Browns film. That work begins Monday morning.
Yep - we had a 2 to 1 (8/4) pass/run ratio on the first drive. Runs were fairly successful 5/6/5 yards one went for 0.
Last drive of the half three minutes left. 6 plays no runs. 2 other plays were passes as well that were negated by penalties.
To Stef’s credit we had a few screens (essentially run plays) dropped by Chubb.
0 runs from Hunt this half.
^^^^This sequence left a lot to be desired.
The good...I love our line heck Hance is GREAT depth. We’ve completely overhauled and fixed it all.
A lot to be desired from our defense so major work there especially up the middle. They actually played a decent game fortunate Mahomes went out- which presented a golden opportunity for us that we couldn’t cash in on. Chad Henne!!! I didn’t even know he was still on a roster.
Tough one to swallow. Great season but that was an opportunity we didn’t take advantage of...gonna be hard to watch next week
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login