Skip to content

I Guess That Settles That

The Browns Board
37 10 1.7k 1
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I guess that settles that.

    "That" being:    who was most responsible for the Patriots run....Belichick or Brady.

    I had always come down on the side of Brady.    I think this vindicates that position. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Did not peak...

    You are claiming it was TB12 and not Bill B.

    If I am wrong you can keep the $100 you owe me...

    And it settles nothing...

  • Did not peak...

    You are claiming it was TB12 and not Bill B.

    If I am wrong you can keep the $100 you owe me...

    And it settles nothing...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #3

    @tour2ma said:

    Did not peak...

    You are claiming it was TB12 and not Bill B.

    If I am wrong you can keep the $100 you owe me...

    And it settles nothing...

    I owe you shit because you don't know fuck all about contract rules/betting law etc. 

    A wager is a bet; a contract by which two parties or more agree that a certain sum of money, or other thing, shall be paid or delivered to one of them, on the happening or not happening of an uncertain event.

    https://www.upcounsel.com/legal-def-wager#:~:text=A wager is a bet,delivered to one of them.

    Show where there was ever an agreement on "a certain sum of money or other thing".  If anything...I would owe you a hot fudge sundae....because that is what I agreed to. 

    And yes, I am claiming it is TB  not Bill B. 

    TB has now gone to a Super Bowl without  BB.   BB has won one  playoff game without TB.  

    If it is not "settled".....there is an avalanche of evidence on the side of Brady. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Still owe me $100... don't you?

  • Still owe me $100... don't you?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @tour2ma said:

    Still owe me $100... don't you?

    Special Kind Of Stupid GIFs | Tenor

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #6

    Tom Brady  will have a chance to become only the third  QB in history to win a Championship with  2 teams.

    Do you know the other 2?

    Tom Brady will now also become the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

    Can you name the other 3? 

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214
    #7

    Ya... not sure that’s all settled. Tampa Bay went 7-9 last year with a guy that threw 30 ints. 


    Billy B. had to go with a qb nobody wanted and try to squeeze the last bit of football out of him, still went 7-9.

    Ill give old Bill another year or two before I’d make a call. 

    Either way we gotta watch Tommy or Patty in the super bowl. ?. Probably just take a pass and go to bed early.

    Peyton Manning is one Gip. Not sure of the other, probably before my time

  • Ya... not sure that’s all settled. Tampa Bay went 7-9 last year with a guy that threw 30 ints. 


    Billy B. had to go with a qb nobody wanted and try to squeeze the last bit of football out of him, still went 7-9.

    Ill give old Bill another year or two before I’d make a call. 

    Either way we gotta watch Tommy or Patty in the super bowl. ?. Probably just take a pass and go to bed early.

    Peyton Manning is one Gip. Not sure of the other, probably before my time

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @hx214 said:

    Ya... not sure that’s all settled. Tampa Bay went 7-9 last year with a guy that threw 30 ints. 

    And this year they are going to the Super Bowl with Brady.   So, I would say that Brady made a huge difference.


    Billy B. had to go with a qb nobody wanted and try to squeeze the last bit of football out of him, still went 7-9.

    Ill give old Bill another year or two before I’d make a call. 

    That could be fair...but let's just note:  without Brady,   BB has coached his teams to 2 winning seasons, and 6 losing seasons.   I would call that a trend.  Without BB, TB is still going to the Super Bowl.   I do think that the Pats will have another QB next year.  Maybe even one we think  could be good:    Possibly Stafford? . (I think they would like to get a hold of Watson....but I don't see that happening). 

    Either way we gotta watch Tommy or Patty in the super bowl. ?. Probably just take a pass and go to bed early.

    You don't think that will be a fabulous matchup? 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    By the way.....the last team that won back to back Super Bowls  was  the 03-04 Patriots....Tom Brady at QB.

    The coach he beat for that 2d win?   Andy Reid.  Who will now be trying to go back to back for the first time since then.

    (with the note that the Seahawks should have won  2 in a row...but for the worst coaching decision in NFL history by Pete Carroll).

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

  • I guess that settles that.

    "That" being:    who was most responsible for the Patriots run....Belichick or Brady.

    I had always come down on the side of Brady.    I think this vindicates that position. 

    5150k95 5150k9 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess that settles that.

    "That" being:    who was most responsible for the Patriots run....Belichick or Brady.

    I had always come down on the side of Brady.    I think this vindicates that position. 

    Slow your roll Gip,. My god man, I know you’re probably gonna light me up with a whole bunch of six syllable words or whatever, but you’ve got to get a grip on yourself.

  • Tom Brady  will have a chance to become only the third  QB in history to win a Championship with  2 teams.

    Do you know the other 2?

    Tom Brady will now also become the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

    Can you name the other 3? 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @the-gipper said:

    Can you name the other 4? 

    Craig Morton ( Dallas, Denver)

    Peyton Manning (Indy, Denver)

    Can't think of the other 2 yet

  • I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @nickers said:

    I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

  • @nickers said:

    I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

    Cassel didn't win a sausage... End of story.. The Pats still had the better team and McDaniels callinin the plays...

  • @the-gipper said:

    I guess that settles that.

    "That" being:    who was most responsible for the Patriots run....Belichick or Brady.

    I had always come down on the side of Brady.    I think this vindicates that position. 

    Slow your roll Gip,. My god man, I know you’re probably gonna light me up with a whole bunch of six syllable words or whatever, but you’ve got to get a grip on yourself.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @5150k9 said:

    Slow your roll Gip,. My god man, I know you’re probably gonna light me up with a whole bunch of six syllable words or whatever, but you’ve got to get a grip on yourself.

    My roll is slow, and I certainly have a grip.  Why would you think otherwise?  

    And not  6 syllable words:   1 syllable words:   Truth.  Peace!!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Can you name the other 4? 

    Craig Morton ( Dallas, Denver)

    Peyton Manning (Indy, Denver)

    Can't think of the other 2 yet

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #16

    @bob806 said:

    Craig Morton ( Dallas, Denver)

    Peyton Manning (Indy, Denver)

    Can't think of the other 2 yet

    Those are 2.

    Answers below:

    Tom Brady  will have a chance to become only the third  QB in history to win a Championship with  2 teams.

    Do you know the other 2?

    Peyton Manning. Colts and Broncos and Tobin Rote Lions/Chargers

    Tom Brady will now also become the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

    Can you name the other 3? 

    Peyton Manning,  Kurt Warner, Craig Morton...actually that is it...only 3 others. 

  • @nickers said:

    I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tour2ma said:

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

    2020:   BB's team goes under  .500

    2020:  Tom Brady goes to the Super Bowl. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Bill Belichick gets meme treatment after Tom Brady reaches Super Bowl

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #19

    LOL

    No Brady, no Gronk, the real butticheck head coach is revealed.

  • @tour2ma said:

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

    Cassel didn't win a sausage... End of story.. The Pats still had the better team and McDaniels callinin the plays...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @nickers said:

    Cassel didn't win a sausage... End of story.. The Pats still had the better team and McDaniels callinin the plays...

    ... and Bill...