Skip to content

Blockbuster Trade

The Browns Board
69 22 2.7k 1
  • @orion said:

    I don't see how.   They've just demonstrated how little trade value he had.

    I'm a Rams fan (to a degree) because my kid brother was a Rams fan.  But I'd like to see Goff succeed.  By getting these picks, and changing coaches (we've seen how important getting the 'right' one is) it could be a springboard into a new era for the Lions.  

    If the Lions could get like a second rounder for him....do you think they would go for it? 

    @the-gipper said:

    If the Lions could get like a second rounder for him....do you think they would go for it? 

    If they think he's as bad as the Rams do, then perhaps....since they've already got a bunch of picks for/with him.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If the Lions could get like a second rounder for him....do you think they would go for it? 

    If they think he's as bad as the Rams do, then perhaps....since they've already got a bunch of picks for/with him.

    @orion said:

    If they think he's as bad as the Rams do, then perhaps....since they've already got a bunch of picks for/with him.

    Right.   What I am asking is if they are now in the draft pick accumulation business...selling off QBs for current year or future picks. 

    Right now, per DraftWire, the Lions biggest needs in the draft  (and by extrapolation....Free Agency)....pre-trade were:

    1. Wide Receiver

    2. Linebacker

    3. Defensive Line

    4. Quarterback.....(now??)

    5. Cornerback.

    And, this may be before the trade, but the Lions  had  the following picks in the upcoming draft:    #7, 40,  71, 89, 112, 151

  • Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

  • Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

    The issue was always:  he has great talent, but has just been in the wrong situation.  Perhaps now we shall see if that is true...or if what you say is true. 

  • Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

    He's going to a well-run team, so here's his chance to show the world that he can win. 

    I had this bad feeling for the last couple seasons that the Steelers were somehow going to get him. 

  • Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

    Nah...

    I've posted before that he just doesn't have that "it" factor. "Good" is where I peg him... just not "great".

  • Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

    we could have traded them kennum for less their  about the same size i believe stafford has 2 inchs on case maybe  few pounds heavier and the rams are a run based team around 4th in the league in rushing  I believe this was more of a contract dump then anything 

    also their completion pct and winning pct are all most the same

  • I'd like to get rid of Keenum somehow - his cap is a ridiculous 7.3 this season and that's just plain stupid.  Bad contract. Last season was a good value at 2.9.. now, not so much.  I'd guess we're sucking it up this season and releasing before 2022.

  • I'd like to get rid of Keenum somehow - his cap is a ridiculous 7.3 this season and that's just plain stupid.  Bad contract. Last season was a good value at 2.9.. now, not so much.  I'd guess we're sucking it up this season and releasing before 2022.

    @unsympathetic said:

    I'd like to get rid of Keenum somehow - his cap is a ridiculous 7.3 this season and that's just plain stupid.  Bad contract. Last season was a good value at 2.9.. now, not so much.  I'd guess we're sucking it up this season and releasing before 2022.

    seems the average is 2-4 million at least in the top ten highest paid case is behind mariota and hill from the saints as in top paid so for insurance purpose does 3-5 million mean all that much compared to who we could get to replace him ?

  • Heinicke, the WFT backup's backup who did well in that playoff game, got 8.75 over 2.  

    No one deal means "all that much" but 3M times 52 players is the entire cap outside of garrett's deal [starting in 2023], so you can't have many "Eh, whatever" contracts..

    7M would get us a solid starting LB or backup/spot starter DB which we're currently allocating to a clipboard holder.. both newton and dalton would be happy for much less than the 7 we're paying keenum. Salary of Newton was under 2 and dalton was 3 last season.

  • I'd like to get rid of Keenum somehow - his cap is a ridiculous 7.3 this season and that's just plain stupid.  Bad contract. Last season was a good value at 2.9.. now, not so much.  I'd guess we're sucking it up this season and releasing before 2022.

    @unsympathetic said:

    I'd like to get rid of Keenum somehow - his cap is a ridiculous 7.3 this season and that's just plain stupid.  Bad contract. Last season was a good value at 2.9.. now, not so much. 

    1st... need a quality backup if you expect to be "in the hunt". Not sure who you have in mind who is both as good and cheaper.

    2nd... don't forget about restructure possibilities. I'd guess Case has some loyalty to Stef that might make him want to hang around.

    @unsympathetic said:

    7M would get us a solid starting LB or backup/spot starter DB which we're currently allocating to a clipboard holder.. both newton and dalton would be happy for much less than the 7 we're paying keenum. Salary of Newton was under 2 and dalton was 3 last season.

    Just saw your candidates... neither is realistic "as good and cheaper" option. Cam fails the former criteria and Dalton the latter.