Browns Free Agent List
-
I see a couple I would like to keep.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/gallery/these-17-browns-are-set-to-be-free-agents-this-offseason/
-
I see a couple I would like to keep.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/gallery/these-17-browns-are-set-to-be-free-agents-this-offseason/
I see a couple I would like to keep.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/gallery/these-17-browns-are-set-to-be-free-agents-this-offseason/
I am sure we will keep a number of these.....but are any of them eminently irreplaceable?
-
- Money Mitch
- Goodson
- Jobi
- Higgy
On the fence with
- Lamm
- Hodge
- Vincent Taylor
-
Ogunjobi is the hard one. Do we overpay to keep?
Money Mitch- the market has a ton of DBs hitting FA we may be able to keep and quite honestly he was a better option than greedy before the year and he had a fabulous year.
Higgins keep.
Goodson, Taylor, Lamm I keep as depth pieces.
-
This is who I would keep:
Lamm - He was serviceable when called upon
Parkey - We don't have other options and he was fairly reliable this year. I would give him a 2/3yr deal but bring in competition
Higgins - He is solid 3 option in this offense and clicks with Baker. A 3 yr $15 million deal sounds fair to me.
Vernon - On a one year prove it deal after his injury, should be a cap friendly deal
Mitchell - Solid DB and we need DB help and is insurance against Greedy
Joseph - He played solid as backup and did make plays including the playoffs. I like a multi year cap friendly deal as depth/rotational guy
Goodson - We need a lot of help at this position. I think Goodson was solid. He is replaceable but I think we have limited options here at the moment.
Vincent Taylor - He started making more plays towards the end of the year and I think we could get him back here on a favorable deal as depth.
I think everyone else can go, we really need to focus on defense this off season. Keep the key offensive players in place. Also should be noted we have a lot of key players up for contract in the next year. Among those are Baker, Ward, Chubb and Teller.
-
I’m on the fence about Ogunjobi. I like him but can’t say l love him. I suppose like a lot of things it comes down to cost.
Higgins is probably at the top of my list. After that Mitch.
Goodson, Johnson, Joseph, Parkey, V. Taylor, and Hodge, and maybe even Sendejo. Those guys l wouldn’t mind seeing come back if the price is right.
You might call me crazy on Sendejo, but l see a guy who can probably out-effort the rest of the secondary, and in the process push them to be better.
Vernon is a toughie for me. I wouldn’t mind seeing him back as he was a late season spark for the team when we really needed it, but who knows how he will recover from the injury.
-
Lamm, can't stay on the field. Whenever called upon, he gets hurt.
Parkey had a solid year.
Higgins, finished with 37 catches for 599 yards. Hodge had 11 catches 180 yards. Stef & Berry have seen them for the entire season now. It's their call. And they have Peoples-Jones, and are probably expecting OBJ to be a receiver for us.
We were a better defense with Goodson than without. But he's upgradeable. Same holds true for Joseph...and...believe it or not...Sandejo. We were in such dire straights at safety that we were happy to see Sandejo in the starting lineup.
....it's nice not to be on the HC and/or QB carousel this year!
-
The true question is optimizing over all available free agents - not just current Browns.
Keep: Mitchell [backup/spot-starter, was a top10DB in spurts] , Vernon [should be some form of prove-it], Ogunjobi [backup], Higgins
Depends on their ask: Parkey, Johnson [should be another prove-it], Goodson
Presuming they sign for backup-level $$: Taylor, Lamm
Updated 2021 FA lists.
I'd go after half the DB's just to see what's possible. Only LB's truly an upgrade over Goodson are: Milano/Bills, David/TB, Brown/Titans
-
The true question is optimizing over all available free agents - not just current Browns.
Keep: Mitchell [backup/spot-starter, was a top10DB in spurts] , Vernon [should be some form of prove-it], Ogunjobi [backup], Higgins
Depends on their ask: Parkey, Johnson [should be another prove-it], Goodson
Presuming they sign for backup-level $$: Taylor, Lamm
Updated 2021 FA lists.
I'd go after half the DB's just to see what's possible. Only LB's truly an upgrade over Goodson are: Milano/Bills, David/TB, Brown/Titans
The true question is optimizing over all available free agents - not just current Browns.
Keep: Mitchell [backup/spot-starter, was a top10DB in spurts] , Vernon [should be some form of prove-it], Ogunjobi [backup], Higgins
Depends on their ask: Parkey, Johnson [should be another prove-it], Goodson
Presuming they sign for backup-level $$: Taylor, Lamm
Updated 2021 FA lists.
I'd go after half the DB's just to see what's possible. Only LB's truly an upgrade over Goodson are: Milano/Bills, David/TB, Brown/Titans
Interesting that no Browns player appears on that list until # 94...
Terrance Marshall, CB, Browns. Age: 29. 

Terrance Marshall was thrust into the starting lineup because of an injury to Greedy Williams. Marshall performed well, tackling particularly well.Good old Terrence Marshall. I hope we can resign him. He’s our top rated free agent.
-
with our performance this year I think we can pick of good younger players to make us as desirable location for players to come. not to just to come here for a big paycheck like years past.
-
with our performance this year I think we can pick of good younger players to make us as desirable location for players to come. not to just to come here for a big paycheck like years past.
make us as desirable location for players to come.
Yes. That 1-31 organization is now gone. We are no longer the NFL's Siberia. We have talented players around on both sides or the ball. A solid OLine. A QB. A very professional and intelligent Head coach and GM tandem. Nope. We are now a desirable place to go.
-
I would lock down this roster and run this group back, with a few exceptions.
1- We had several players opt out before the season started. A couple on the OL if I remember right. We retain the rights for those players? Are those guys good or nah?
2- We found some great players here and there, Karl Joseph, Kevin Johnson and Harrison Jr come to mind. Adding back Delpit who was touted as making some noise early before the injury would also be a huge boost. If Delpit and Greedy turn out okay, we could have a solid secondary.
3- With Beckham coming back to dynamic duo with Landry, I still love Hollywood in this group. Gotta get these guys on the same page and get them to realize that the sum of the parts is more than the individual payout. I'm hoping that Beckham has made his cashflow and now can be content to settle down into a role player with his good friend Jarvis and keep to a team friendly deal.
4- Really love the Hunt / Chubb combo, just have to finetune it a little more, that will come with time in the system... also, the amount of wrinkles that they'll be able to create a year into it should be substantial. I just hope that Hunt and Chubb can come to terms with smaller contract numbers...
I know it may be too much to ask for these guys to sacrifice for the team but that's going to be what's needed. Every extra dollar that you have to pay Myles, Beckham, Baker or Chubb takes away from the team pool of players and potentially cuts off your nose to spite your face. I hope that somehow, someway, Berry can make a clear and forthcoming commitment to these players and in return they will also make the commitment to the team. If everyone pulls their 1/11 there doesn't need to be such a disparity between the pay of these players... We'd be able to retain our nucleus for the long term and continue to deliberately add dynamic and powerful pieces throughout the team.
Injuries are going to happen and they certainly did this year, but the team stepped up behind them and truly showed what can be when you take the individual ego out of it. When guys work together like Chubb and Hunt it lightens the load on them, not only slowing down the wear and tear on their bodies allowing them to play longer but it keeps them refreshed and stronger throughout the season. There is no telling how great a team that embraces this type of mentality can become.
I don't know if I'm saying this right... Does this make sense? For instance, say a team like Cleveland were to come together, if everyone ate a fair share of the pie, allowing for more talent across the board to be had, and with that even more success... is there incentives for that kind of thing to work? Like winning a Superbowl, hosting playoff games, team endorsement deals and they like... do those types of things help to narrow the gap in pay for players willing to play for less?
I'd just like to see them keep this group together. Sometimes the magic just happens for some reason or another- and the chemistry and success that we've seen blossom in front of us, the playing for each other, something bigger than yourself, just shouldn't be tampered with.
-
I would lock down this roster and run this group back, with a few exceptions.
1- We had several players opt out before the season started. A couple on the OL if I remember right. We retain the rights for those players? Are those guys good or nah?
2- We found some great players here and there, Karl Joseph, Kevin Johnson and Harrison Jr come to mind. Adding back Delpit who was touted as making some noise early before the injury would also be a huge boost. If Delpit and Greedy turn out okay, we could have a solid secondary.
3- With Beckham coming back to dynamic duo with Landry, I still love Hollywood in this group. Gotta get these guys on the same page and get them to realize that the sum of the parts is more than the individual payout. I'm hoping that Beckham has made his cashflow and now can be content to settle down into a role player with his good friend Jarvis and keep to a team friendly deal.
4- Really love the Hunt / Chubb combo, just have to finetune it a little more, that will come with time in the system... also, the amount of wrinkles that they'll be able to create a year into it should be substantial. I just hope that Hunt and Chubb can come to terms with smaller contract numbers...
I know it may be too much to ask for these guys to sacrifice for the team but that's going to be what's needed. Every extra dollar that you have to pay Myles, Beckham, Baker or Chubb takes away from the team pool of players and potentially cuts off your nose to spite your face. I hope that somehow, someway, Berry can make a clear and forthcoming commitment to these players and in return they will also make the commitment to the team. If everyone pulls their 1/11 there doesn't need to be such a disparity between the pay of these players... We'd be able to retain our nucleus for the long term and continue to deliberately add dynamic and powerful pieces throughout the team.
Injuries are going to happen and they certainly did this year, but the team stepped up behind them and truly showed what can be when you take the individual ego out of it. When guys work together like Chubb and Hunt it lightens the load on them, not only slowing down the wear and tear on their bodies allowing them to play longer but it keeps them refreshed and stronger throughout the season. There is no telling how great a team that embraces this type of mentality can become.
I don't know if I'm saying this right... Does this make sense? For instance, say a team like Cleveland were to come together, if everyone ate a fair share of the pie, allowing for more talent across the board to be had, and with that even more success... is there incentives for that kind of thing to work? Like winning a Superbowl, hosting playoff games, team endorsement deals and they like... do those types of things help to narrow the gap in pay for players willing to play for less?
I'd just like to see them keep this group together. Sometimes the magic just happens for some reason or another- and the chemistry and success that we've seen blossom in front of us, the playing for each other, something bigger than yourself, just shouldn't be tampered with.
We retain the rights for those players? Are those guys good
One will start because he's good and was a top10 DL FA last offseason - Andrew Billings. Of the rest, only Drew Forbes has a shot at making next season's roster.
Every extra dollar that you have to pay Myles, Beckham, Baker or Chubb
Good thing we have the one-year cap space to spend towards the signing bonuses of those 3 [beckham's not up till 2023-24 offseason] so that their annual salary can be lower. Last season's player salary was right at the cap.
-
Just took a look at the actual list... Man, that's a lot of our defense right there!
Ugh. I hate turnover.
Just took a look at the actual list... Man, that's a lot of our defense right there!
Ugh. I hate turnover.
The list actually is not that bad...and I think we all agree we aren’t satisfied with the talent on the defense so you open roster spots there.
No Superstars on the list, no pro bowlers, you have a few marginal starters and some decent depth pieces.
I think Larry O is gone. But I think we can pay Mitch and Joseph if we want to as there are a ton of secondary guys in the FA market this year.
We have 9 draft picks. I don’t think we use all 9 but you can probably expect 7 or 8 to take roster spots.
-
Not just a matter of "keep/ don't keep"... it's keep at what cost?
Ogun? As a rotational DT, he fine... and at $1mm per year, he's been a bargain, but is he worth $3 or $4mm/yr? Nope. I'll throw $1.5 at Taylor and keep him. But for that same $1.5 or even $1.75? Then Ogun is back in the discussion.
Lamm? He was a lifesaver. Not only "serviceable" as mentioned above, but he was versatile as shown by playing RT one week and LT the next. And he appeared in 15 games this year... so he was available. But again, he made $2.25mm this season... is he worth that or more when you can extend Hance for less? That's as much of a staff call as it is Berry's.
Gotta look at what they've been making to get an idea of what they will want in their next deal...
-
I would lock down this roster and run this group back, with a few exceptions.
1- We had several players opt out before the season started. A couple on the OL if I remember right. We retain the rights for those players? Are those guys good or nah?
2- We found some great players here and there, Karl Joseph, Kevin Johnson and Harrison Jr come to mind. Adding back Delpit who was touted as making some noise early before the injury would also be a huge boost. If Delpit and Greedy turn out okay, we could have a solid secondary.
3- With Beckham coming back to dynamic duo with Landry, I still love Hollywood in this group. Gotta get these guys on the same page and get them to realize that the sum of the parts is more than the individual payout. I'm hoping that Beckham has made his cashflow and now can be content to settle down into a role player with his good friend Jarvis and keep to a team friendly deal.
4- Really love the Hunt / Chubb combo, just have to finetune it a little more, that will come with time in the system... also, the amount of wrinkles that they'll be able to create a year into it should be substantial. I just hope that Hunt and Chubb can come to terms with smaller contract numbers...
I know it may be too much to ask for these guys to sacrifice for the team but that's going to be what's needed. Every extra dollar that you have to pay Myles, Beckham, Baker or Chubb takes away from the team pool of players and potentially cuts off your nose to spite your face. I hope that somehow, someway, Berry can make a clear and forthcoming commitment to these players and in return they will also make the commitment to the team. If everyone pulls their 1/11 there doesn't need to be such a disparity between the pay of these players... We'd be able to retain our nucleus for the long term and continue to deliberately add dynamic and powerful pieces throughout the team.
Injuries are going to happen and they certainly did this year, but the team stepped up behind them and truly showed what can be when you take the individual ego out of it. When guys work together like Chubb and Hunt it lightens the load on them, not only slowing down the wear and tear on their bodies allowing them to play longer but it keeps them refreshed and stronger throughout the season. There is no telling how great a team that embraces this type of mentality can become.
I don't know if I'm saying this right... Does this make sense? For instance, say a team like Cleveland were to come together, if everyone ate a fair share of the pie, allowing for more talent across the board to be had, and with that even more success... is there incentives for that kind of thing to work? Like winning a Superbowl, hosting playoff games, team endorsement deals and they like... do those types of things help to narrow the gap in pay for players willing to play for less?
I'd just like to see them keep this group together. Sometimes the magic just happens for some reason or another- and the chemistry and success that we've seen blossom in front of us, the playing for each other, something bigger than yourself, just shouldn't be tampered with.
I don't know if I'm saying this right... Does this make sense? For instance, say a team like Cleveland were to come together, if everyone ate a fair share of the pie, allowing for more talent across the board to be had, and with that even more success... is there incentives for that kind of thing to work? Like winning a Superbowl, hosting playoff games, team endorsement deals and they like... do those types of things help to narrow the gap in pay for players willing to play for less?
For proven, Championship teams, it's a big incentive to stay and a recruiting tool to attract UFAs at reduced cost. It helped fuel NE's prolonged run.
We're not there yet... but... some of the talent on our team hitting FA just might be inclined to stay for a little less they they can make elsewhere. They certainly aren't fleeing the dumpster fire that was us just a couple o' three seasons ago.
Plus we have to remember that these FAs have lives. Uprooting a family... kids changing schools... none of these are desirable... and now with the dumpster fire out, they are not necessary.
-
The true question is optimizing over all available free agents - not just current Browns.
Keep: Mitchell [backup/spot-starter, was a top10DB in spurts] , Vernon [should be some form of prove-it], Ogunjobi [backup], Higgins
Depends on their ask: Parkey, Johnson [should be another prove-it], Goodson
Presuming they sign for backup-level $$: Taylor, Lamm
Updated 2021 FA lists.
I'd go after half the DB's just to see what's possible. Only LB's truly an upgrade over Goodson are: Milano/Bills, David/TB, Brown/Titans
Interesting that no Browns player appears on that list until # 94...
Terrance Marshall, CB, Browns. Age: 29. 

Terrance Marshall was thrust into the starting lineup because of an injury to Greedy Williams. Marshall performed well, tackling particularly well.Good old Terrence Marshall. I hope we can resign him. He’s our top rated free agent.
Interesting that no Browns player appears on that list until # 94...
Terrance Marshall, CB, Browns. Age: 29. 

Terrance Marshall was thrust into the starting lineup because of an injury to Greedy Williams. Marshall performed well, tackling particularly well.Good old Terrence Marshall. I hope we can resign him. He’s our top rated free agent.
How do they f up so much to call him Marshall instead of Mitchell?
-
The true question is optimizing over all available free agents - not just current Browns.
Keep: Mitchell [backup/spot-starter, was a top10DB in spurts] , Vernon [should be some form of prove-it], Ogunjobi [backup], Higgins
Depends on their ask: Parkey, Johnson [should be another prove-it], Goodson
Presuming they sign for backup-level $$: Taylor, Lamm
Updated 2021 FA lists.
I'd go after half the DB's just to see what's possible. Only LB's truly an upgrade over Goodson are: Milano/Bills, David/TB, Brown/Titans
The true question is optimizing over all available free agents - not just current Browns.
Keep: Mitchell [backup/spot-starter, was a top10DB in spurts] , Vernon [should be some form of prove-it], Ogunjobi [backup], Higgins
Depends on their ask: Parkey, Johnson [should be another prove-it], Goodson
Presuming they sign for backup-level $$: Taylor, Lamm
Updated 2021 FA lists.
I'd go after half the DB's just to see what's possible. Only LB's truly an upgrade over Goodson are: Milano/Bills, David/TB, Brown/Titans
Well seeing the first brown is 94 there's definitely room to improve via that list
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login