Skip to content

JJ Watt to Cardinals

The Browns Board
262 40 10.0k 1
  • S Silver slayer wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Rumors about Houston tearing the roster  down to rebuild. 

    If watt hits the trading block?

    What would you trade for him?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    OBJ & Vernon

  • Rumors about Houston tearing the roster  down to rebuild. 

    If watt hits the trading block?

    What would you trade for him?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @silver-slayer said:

    Rumors about Houston tearing the roster  down to rebuild. 

    If watt hits the trading block?

    What would you trade for him?

    I don't know how much he's got left. Plus, he makes around $16 million a year. I don't think he'd fit the analytics but what do I know?

    My hunch is he'll try to get with his brothers in Pittsburgh. 

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #4

    No way we would pay for him to come here. Pretty well past his prime, we’d be paying for what he’s done in the past. 

  • OBJ & Vernon

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @texasag1969 said:

    OBJ & Vernon

    In a heart beat!

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Doubt Pittsburgh has the $ to sign him.

    Green Bay on the other hand...? 

  • Rumors about Houston tearing the roster  down to rebuild. 

    If watt hits the trading block?

    What would you trade for him?

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #7

    @silver-slayer said:

    Rumors about Houston tearing the roster  down to rebuild. 

    If watt hits the trading block?

    What would you trade for him?

    Draft pick.  3rd or a 4th.  Houston needs picks.

    He fits into our short term cap space and his deal expires after next season 

    Steelers no way no how.  No cap room.

  • @silver-slayer said:

    Rumors about Houston tearing the roster  down to rebuild. 

    If watt hits the trading block?

    What would you trade for him?

    Draft pick.  3rd or a 4th.  Houston needs picks.

    He fits into our short term cap space and his deal expires after next season 

    Steelers no way no how.  No cap room.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Draft pick.  3rd or a 4th.  Houston needs picks.

    He fits into our short term cap space and his deal expires after next season 

    Steelers no way no how.  No cap room.

     Personnel wise... Damn, JJ would be a great addition in replacing OV while we keep our edge depth roll players.

     Would allow this draft and next to turn over late round rocks in hoping we find cheap(er) youth. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Draft pick.  3rd or a 4th.  Houston needs picks.

    He fits into our short term cap space and his deal expires after next season 

    Steelers no way no how.  No cap room.

     Personnel wise... Damn, JJ would be a great addition in replacing OV while we keep our edge depth roll players.

     Would allow this draft and next to turn over late round rocks in hoping we find cheap(er) youth. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tiamat63 said:

     Personnel wise... Damn, JJ would be a great addition in replacing OV while we keep our edge depth roll players.

     Would allow this draft and next to turn over late round rocks in hoping we find cheap(er) youth. 

    I love the idea honestly.   We have 9 picks this year.  I don’t think adding 9 rookies to a team that is ready to contend for the title is the solution.  
     

  • @silver-slayer said:

    Rumors about Houston tearing the roster  down to rebuild. 

    If watt hits the trading block?

    What would you trade for him?

    I don't know how much he's got left. Plus, he makes around $16 million a year. I don't think he'd fit the analytics but what do I know?

    My hunch is he'll try to get with his brothers in Pittsburgh. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @bob806 said:

    I don't know how much he's got left. Plus, he makes around $16 million a year. I don't think he'd fit the analytics but what do I know?

    My hunch is he'll try to get with his brothers in Pittsburgh. 

    Pittsburgh cannot be signing anyone like JJ Watt.  Hell, they are so far over the cap they may have to get rid of TJ Watt!     Well....not really.  He is the last guy they would trade.  They would dump BR first along with half their OL and DB.  

    As I see it....only maybe  3 players from that team will be impervious from salary cap cuts:    TJ Watt;  Claypool;  Minkah. ...and maybe Heyward. maybe DeCastro.   

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #11

    Start with a 3, if they beg and plead add a 4.. no more. 

    JJ has a ridiculous injury history throughout his career, he very possibly falls apart at some point next season like Ironman's final suit. Or he plays another 10 full years and is a first-ballot HOF.. flip a coin.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #12

    With 9 picks in a contending team, these kind of 1 year signs make a lot of sense. And having more rotation in the Dline is welcome.

    He won't be asked to carry the weigh of the defense here and he has surprised me with his gameplay after all the injuries he has been through. 

  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    When I watched JJ play this last season, he looked like an average to slightly above average DL. Those injuries have taken a toll on him and he isn't the same player anymore. No way would I trade for him. I rather pay OV to come back for one year then take Watt.

  • @bob806 said:

    I don't know how much he's got left. Plus, he makes around $16 million a year. I don't think he'd fit the analytics but what do I know?

    My hunch is he'll try to get with his brothers in Pittsburgh. 

    Pittsburgh cannot be signing anyone like JJ Watt.  Hell, they are so far over the cap they may have to get rid of TJ Watt!     Well....not really.  He is the last guy they would trade.  They would dump BR first along with half their OL and DB.  

    As I see it....only maybe  3 players from that team will be impervious from salary cap cuts:    TJ Watt;  Claypool;  Minkah. ...and maybe Heyward. maybe DeCastro.   

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    Pittsburgh cannot be signing anyone like JJ Watt.  Hell, they are so far over the cap they may have to get rid of TJ Watt!     Well....not really.  He is the last guy they would trade.  They would dump BR first along with half their OL and DB.  

    As I see it....only maybe  3 players from that team will be impervious from salary cap cuts:    TJ Watt;  Claypool;  Minkah. ...and maybe Heyward. maybe DeCastro.   

    They did just sign Haskins. Maybe he could replace.................. LMAO

    I couldn’t even finish the sentence 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    JJ played 16 games 7 of his 10 season, including this year. 

    It's his work on the edge against the run along with a possible pitch count that intrigue me.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Pittsburgh cannot be signing anyone like JJ Watt.  Hell, they are so far over the cap they may have to get rid of TJ Watt!     Well....not really.  He is the last guy they would trade.  They would dump BR first along with half their OL and DB.  

    As I see it....only maybe  3 players from that team will be impervious from salary cap cuts:    TJ Watt;  Claypool;  Minkah. ...and maybe Heyward. maybe DeCastro.   

    They did just sign Haskins. Maybe he could replace.................. LMAO

    I couldn’t even finish the sentence 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @browns149 said:

    They did just sign Haskins. Maybe he could replace.................. LMAO

    I couldn’t even finish the sentence 

    For a "futures" contract....which means like  -0- money.

  • S Silver slayer wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I'd give pick 4B .

    Adding him on a 1 year lease on a team that's only a player or two from serious contention sure seems fun.

    And yeah here his pitch count would fall more in favor of his age.

    Im also all about keeping Vernon. 

    I mean next year im assuming we get delprit and greedy back on the back end.

  • @silver-slayer said:

    Rumors about Houston tearing the roster  down to rebuild. 

    If watt hits the trading block?

    What would you trade for him?

    I don't know how much he's got left. Plus, he makes around $16 million a year. I don't think he'd fit the analytics but what do I know?

    My hunch is he'll try to get with his brothers in Pittsburgh. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @bob806 said:

    I don't know how much he's got left. Plus, he makes around $16 million a year. I don't think he'd fit the analytics but what do I know?

    My hunch is he'll try to get with his brothers in Pittsburgh. 

    Nailed it... and I'm not saying that just because I've posted the same here and there...

    Mostly because, but not just because... 😉

  • @bob806 said:

    I don't know how much he's got left. Plus, he makes around $16 million a year. I don't think he'd fit the analytics but what do I know?

    My hunch is he'll try to get with his brothers in Pittsburgh. 

    Nailed it... and I'm not saying that just because I've posted the same here and there...

    Mostly because, but not just because... 😉

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tour2ma said:

    Nailed it... and I'm not saying that just because I've posted the same here and there...

    Mostly because, but not just because... 😉

    Haha...I must have missed your post(s) on JJ Watt....

    The D line is definitely important, and all teams including the Browns are always looking to improve. If the Browns are to upgrade their D with trades or FA acquisitions, I'd think most of us agree they'd look at the LB spots or secondary as priorities right now over the D line.

  • @bob806 said:

    I don't know how much he's got left. Plus, he makes around $16 million a year. I don't think he'd fit the analytics but what do I know?

    My hunch is he'll try to get with his brothers in Pittsburgh. 

    Pittsburgh cannot be signing anyone like JJ Watt.  Hell, they are so far over the cap they may have to get rid of TJ Watt!     Well....not really.  He is the last guy they would trade.  They would dump BR first along with half their OL and DB.  

    As I see it....only maybe  3 players from that team will be impervious from salary cap cuts:    TJ Watt;  Claypool;  Minkah. ...and maybe Heyward. maybe DeCastro.   

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    Pittsburgh cannot be signing anyone like JJ Watt.  Hell, they are so far over the cap they may have to get rid of TJ Watt!     Well....not really.  He is the last guy they would trade.  They would dump BR first along with half their OL and DB.  

    As I see it....only maybe  3 players from that team will be impervious from salary cap cuts:    TJ Watt;  Claypool;  Minkah. ...and maybe Heyward. maybe DeCastro.   

    Never thought of that, meaning the Steelers & the cap. So yeah, Pittsburgh sounds like they are heading to cap hell.

    During many NFL broadcasts they kept mentioning how the cap will go down. I'm just wondering if the league & union are able to open up talks about that. The uncertainty of the pandemic probably means management wouldn't be willing to, with the possibility of no fans again.