Hollywood returns!
-
I still think a waterbug is on our shopping list this draft. A smaller, more quick than fast WR who puts fear in Ds whenever he has the ball and who is also comfortable returning punts.
There are a couple really good prospects in that vein that'll be there Day 2.
Any names please Tour, I’ve got some time to look at a few today ?
Any names please Tour, I’ve got some time to look at a few today ?
1st find was UL's Chatarius "Tutu" Atwell (5'9, 165)... once upon a time he was round 4-ish, but now is in the mix for Round 2. So enter....
Auburn's Anthony Schwartz (6'0, 179)... tad tall for waterbug status at 6'0, but still very quick.
And finally a pair of Day 3, small college kids...
- North Texas' Jaelon Darden (5'9, 170)... probably the buggiest of all.
- Western Michigan's D'Wayne Eskridge (5'9, 189).




-
I like to listen to Greg Cosell's draft stuff, he is high on Daerden as well
-
I love me some prove it deals.
Although it Creates another question heading into 2022. Where our WR room could look VERY different.
I agree.
I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021.
I agree.
I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021.
It all depends but you could be right. We could also run it back again if things work out and contracts get restructured after a substantial boost in cap next year.
-
I agree.
I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021.
It all depends but you could be right. We could also run it back again if things work out and contracts get restructured after a substantial boost in cap next year.
It all depends but you could be right. We could also run it back again if things work out and contracts get restructured after a substantial boost in cap next year.
Possibly, or OBJ has another season where he misses games, and Higgins and Landry get another year older and another tick slower in their 40 times.
-
I love me some prove it deals.
Although it Creates another question heading into 2022. Where our WR room could look VERY different.
I agree.
I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021.
I agree.
I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021.
I agree with that. Higgins will always be a year to year guy. OBJ and Jarvis make a ton of money. It will get harder and harder to keep both. This is a good draft for receivers. If we select one fairly high, I think it is a clear signal that one of OBJ or Landry are gone at some point in the near future. Near future meaning anytime before the trade deadline and the 2022 season.
If the plan is to trade one of them, drafting a receiver this year is the time to plan for that, not next draft. Again, it is a great year to draft a receiver, and I don't think we want to go in to next year counting on a freshly drafted rookie. It makes sense to give that player a year under the belt.
-
I agree.
I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021.
I agree with that. Higgins will always be a year to year guy. OBJ and Jarvis make a ton of money. It will get harder and harder to keep both. This is a good draft for receivers. If we select one fairly high, I think it is a clear signal that one of OBJ or Landry are gone at some point in the near future. Near future meaning anytime before the trade deadline and the 2022 season.
If the plan is to trade one of them, drafting a receiver this year is the time to plan for that, not next draft. Again, it is a great year to draft a receiver, and I don't think we want to go in to next year counting on a freshly drafted rookie. It makes sense to give that player a year under the belt.
I agree with that. Higgins will always be a year to year guy. OBJ and Jarvis make a ton of money. It will get harder and harder to keep both. This is a good draft for receivers. If we select one fairly high, I think it is a clear signal that one of OBJ or Landry are gone at some point in the near future. Near future meaning anytime before the trade deadline and the 2022 season.
If the plan is to trade one of them, drafting a receiver this year is the time to plan for that, not next draft. Again, it is a great year to draft a receiver, and I don't think we want to go in to next year counting on a freshly drafted rookie. It makes sense to give that player a year under the belt.
The Browns have Mayfield, Ward, Chubb, and Teller coming up on free agency.
You have Landry and OBJ making about $30 mill combined. One is a leader of the team, who is somewhat limited athletically who keeps getting older. The other is a more dynamic receiver who can take pressure off the other, but isn't consistently available.
Finding cheaper, more explosive WRs would really help a Browns team that is going to have to dole out big contracts.
-
You get it Dutch. This has nothing to do with not liking the players. It has to do with the realities the team faces. When we sucked it was easy to release players to add or extend others. As you get better, hard decisions sometimes have to be made. It isn't as simple as it once was where we could cut some player to find the roster spot.
Now, not only do we have to find the roster spot, we also have to find the cap space.
-
You get it Dutch. This has nothing to do with not liking the players. It has to do with the realities the team faces. When we sucked it was easy to release players to add or extend others. As you get better, hard decisions sometimes have to be made. It isn't as simple as it once was where we could cut some player to find the roster spot.
Now, not only do we have to find the roster spot, we also have to find the cap space.
You get it Dutch. This has nothing to do with not liking the players. It has to do with the realities the team faces. When we sucked it was easy to release players to add or extend others. As you get better, hard decisions sometimes have to be made. It isn't as simple as it once was where we could cut some player to find the roster spot.
Now, not only do we have to find the roster spot, we also have to find the cap space.
Yep.
The Browns are going to find themselves in the weird and unique (for them) situation of having to actually pay their top draft picks past their rookie contracts. They will have to look at their roster and figure out where they can get younger and cheaper. Well, a possession WR in his late 20s making $14ish mill a year and an oft-injured WR making more are obvious spots to look.
-
I agree.
I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021.
I agree with that. Higgins will always be a year to year guy. OBJ and Jarvis make a ton of money. It will get harder and harder to keep both. This is a good draft for receivers. If we select one fairly high, I think it is a clear signal that one of OBJ or Landry are gone at some point in the near future. Near future meaning anytime before the trade deadline and the 2022 season.
If the plan is to trade one of them, drafting a receiver this year is the time to plan for that, not next draft. Again, it is a great year to draft a receiver, and I don't think we want to go in to next year counting on a freshly drafted rookie. It makes sense to give that player a year under the belt.
I agree with that. Higgins will always be a year to year guy. OBJ and Jarvis make a ton of money. It will get harder and harder to keep both. This is a good draft for receivers. If we select one fairly high, I think it is a clear signal that one of OBJ or Landry are gone at some point in the near future. Near future meaning anytime before the trade deadline and the 2022 season.
If the plan is to trade one of them, drafting a receiver this year is the time to plan for that, not next draft. Again, it is a great year to draft a receiver, and I don't think we want to go in to next year counting on a freshly drafted rookie. It makes sense to give that player a year under the belt.
Having done some stocking up in the DB, and at LB some with Walker, it may make it more likely that a WR may be taken high Maybe 2d round? I still think defense, probably DL will be the ticket in round one.
-
I agree with that. Higgins will always be a year to year guy. OBJ and Jarvis make a ton of money. It will get harder and harder to keep both. This is a good draft for receivers. If we select one fairly high, I think it is a clear signal that one of OBJ or Landry are gone at some point in the near future. Near future meaning anytime before the trade deadline and the 2022 season.
If the plan is to trade one of them, drafting a receiver this year is the time to plan for that, not next draft. Again, it is a great year to draft a receiver, and I don't think we want to go in to next year counting on a freshly drafted rookie. It makes sense to give that player a year under the belt.
Having done some stocking up in the DB, and at LB some with Walker, it may make it more likely that a WR may be taken high Maybe 2d round? I still think defense, probably DL will be the ticket in round one.
Having done some stocking up in the DB, and at LB some with Walker, it may make it more likely that a WR may be taken high Maybe 2d round? I still think defense, probably DL will be the ticket in round one.
That is probably the odds on favorite, and makes sense. With FA having filled many of our needs, what might have been the odds on favorite a few weeks ago, more of a true BPA approach might be what we do, so while it might still be the odds favorite to go D, the odds might not be as good. I also think the odds of trading out of round 1 have also increased.
If we know anything about Berry and Depo, they love future picks, and there is no better pick to gain picks and still have a good draft pick is to trade your 1st rounder. We could trade that and move down only 5-6 slots and probably get a 3rd rounder for next year. It might make sense depending on who is left on the board and how likely 1-2 of them will still be there after the trade down.
-
Having done some stocking up in the DB, and at LB some with Walker, it may make it more likely that a WR may be taken high Maybe 2d round? I still think defense, probably DL will be the ticket in round one.
That is probably the odds on favorite, and makes sense. With FA having filled many of our needs, what might have been the odds on favorite a few weeks ago, more of a true BPA approach might be what we do, so while it might still be the odds favorite to go D, the odds might not be as good. I also think the odds of trading out of round 1 have also increased.
If we know anything about Berry and Depo, they love future picks, and there is no better pick to gain picks and still have a good draft pick is to trade your 1st rounder. We could trade that and move down only 5-6 slots and probably get a 3rd rounder for next year. It might make sense depending on who is left on the board and how likely 1-2 of them will still be there after the trade down.
That is probably the odds on favorite, and makes sense. With FA having filled many of our needs, what might have been the odds on favorite a few weeks ago, more of a true BPA approach might be what we do, so while it might still be the odds favorite to go D, the odds might not be as good. I also think the odds of trading out of round 1 have also increased.
If we know anything about Berry and Depo, they love future picks, and there is no better pick to gain picks and still have a good draft pick is to trade your 1st rounder. We could trade that and move down only 5-6 slots and probably get a 3rd rounder for next year. It might make sense depending on who is left on the board and how likely 1-2 of them will still be there after the trade down.
That makes sense in many ways, for the Browns to trade down because of the front office loves them some picks, but there is something to consider doing that...
If you do, you lose control of your top drafted player in the 2021 draft by a year.
Something to consider.
-
I agree with that. Higgins will always be a year to year guy. OBJ and Jarvis make a ton of money. It will get harder and harder to keep both. This is a good draft for receivers. If we select one fairly high, I think it is a clear signal that one of OBJ or Landry are gone at some point in the near future. Near future meaning anytime before the trade deadline and the 2022 season.
If the plan is to trade one of them, drafting a receiver this year is the time to plan for that, not next draft. Again, it is a great year to draft a receiver, and I don't think we want to go in to next year counting on a freshly drafted rookie. It makes sense to give that player a year under the belt.
The Browns have Mayfield, Ward, Chubb, and Teller coming up on free agency.
You have Landry and OBJ making about $30 mill combined. One is a leader of the team, who is somewhat limited athletically who keeps getting older. The other is a more dynamic receiver who can take pressure off the other, but isn't consistently available.
Finding cheaper, more explosive WRs would really help a Browns team that is going to have to dole out big contracts.
The Browns have Mayfield, Ward, Chubb, and Teller coming up on free agency.
You have Landry and OBJ making about $30 mill combined. One is a leader of the team, who is somewhat limited athletically who keeps getting older.
First off, we're all getting older. Second of all, Juice is 28 there guy. Hard to believe because it feels like he's been in the league since the Bush administration.
-
I love me some prove it deals.
Although it Creates another question heading into 2022. Where our WR room could look VERY different.
I agree.
I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021.
I agree.
I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021.
i hope that Landry will re do his contract next year cause if not he will be gone
-
The Browns have Mayfield, Ward, Chubb, and Teller coming up on free agency.
You have Landry and OBJ making about $30 mill combined. One is a leader of the team, who is somewhat limited athletically who keeps getting older.
First off, we're all getting older. Second of all, Juice is 28 there guy. Hard to believe because it feels like he's been in the league since the Bush administration.
First off, we're all getting older. Second of all, Juice is 28 there guy. Hard to believe because it feels like he's been in the league since the Bush administration.
We are paying a lot of money for a singles hitter who is great in the locker room.
I'd love to keep him for the rest of his career, but it won't be long before his contract is ridiculously overpriced.
And he looked 48 vs the Chiefs. They smothered him like he was Waffle House hashbrowns and they were gravy.
-
My take is this is the last year higgy, obj and landry
Next off-season higgins gets extended and the LSU guys will be surprised to be told to go elsewhere
You really must think Pro-Bowl WRs just grow on trees. Sure the Browns are way up there- 3rd in the NFL- on WR positional spending. It's not like we can't afford to. OBJ's future in 2022 will be dependent on whether he can stay healthy or not.
You really must think Pro-Bowl WRs just grow on trees. Sure the Browns are way up there- 3rd in the NFL- on WR positional spending. It's not like we can't afford to. OBJ's future in 2022 will be dependent on whether he can stay healthy or not.
so buy saying this do you mean that u do not have much confidence in Baker ?
-
First off, we're all getting older. Second of all, Juice is 28 there guy. Hard to believe because it feels like he's been in the league since the Bush administration.
We are paying a lot of money for a singles hitter who is great in the locker room.
I'd love to keep him for the rest of his career, but it won't be long before his contract is ridiculously overpriced.
And he looked 48 vs the Chiefs. They smothered him like he was Waffle House hashbrowns and they were gravy.
We are paying a lot of money for a singles hitter who is great in the locker room.
I'd love to keep him for the rest of his career, but it won't be long before his contract is ridiculously overpriced.
And he looked 48 vs the Chiefs. They smothered him like he was Waffle House hashbrowns and they were gravy.
- Yeah well, ever play with a good lead off batter? Getting that on base runner really helps your overall scoring offense.
- Likewise, not saying the contract can't be restructured to better fit the production numbers. But don't forget, the man blocks his ass off in the running game and takes command of off-season work outs. I can't always put a price tag on something, it just has to be felt out.
- Part of that is Baker still working to throw to covered receivers, the other part is lacking a true complimentary threat on the other side (ODB)
... And was that a god damn Bloodhound Gang reference?!
-
We are paying a lot of money for a singles hitter who is great in the locker room.
I'd love to keep him for the rest of his career, but it won't be long before his contract is ridiculously overpriced.
And he looked 48 vs the Chiefs. They smothered him like he was Waffle House hashbrowns and they were gravy.
- Yeah well, ever play with a good lead off batter? Getting that on base runner really helps your overall scoring offense.
- Likewise, not saying the contract can't be restructured to better fit the production numbers. But don't forget, the man blocks his ass off in the running game and takes command of off-season work outs. I can't always put a price tag on something, it just has to be felt out.
- Part of that is Baker still working to throw to covered receivers, the other part is lacking a true complimentary threat on the other side (ODB)
... And was that a god damn Bloodhound Gang reference?!
- Yeah well, ever play with a good lead off batter? Getting that on base runner really helps your overall scoring offense.
- Likewise, not saying the contract can't be restructured to better fit the production numbers. But don't forget, the man blocks his ass off in the running game and takes command of off-season work outs. I can't always put a price tag on something, it just has to be felt out.
- Part of that is Baker still working to throw to covered receivers, the other part is lacking a true complimentary threat on the other side (ODB)
... And was that a god damn Bloodhound Gang reference?!
I never in a million years would have thought someone would have got that... sometimes I reference things knowing no one will get it, but it amuses me anyway.
-
- Yeah well, ever play with a good lead off batter? Getting that on base runner really helps your overall scoring offense.
- Likewise, not saying the contract can't be restructured to better fit the production numbers. But don't forget, the man blocks his ass off in the running game and takes command of off-season work outs. I can't always put a price tag on something, it just has to be felt out.
- Part of that is Baker still working to throw to covered receivers, the other part is lacking a true complimentary threat on the other side (ODB)
... And was that a god damn Bloodhound Gang reference?!
I never in a million years would have thought someone would have got that... sometimes I reference things knowing no one will get it, but it amuses me anyway.
I never in a million years would have thought someone would have got that... sometimes I reference things knowing no one will get it, but it amuses me anyway.
Clearly you didn't know who you were fuckin' with.

-
- Yeah well, ever play with a good lead off batter? Getting that on base runner really helps your overall scoring offense.
- Likewise, not saying the contract can't be restructured to better fit the production numbers. But don't forget, the man blocks his ass off in the running game and takes command of off-season work outs. I can't always put a price tag on something, it just has to be felt out.
- Part of that is Baker still working to throw to covered receivers, the other part is lacking a true complimentary threat on the other side (ODB)
... And was that a god damn Bloodhound Gang reference?!
I never in a million years would have thought someone would have got that... sometimes I reference things knowing no one will get it, but it amuses me anyway.
I never in a million years would have thought someone would have got that... sometimes I reference things knowing no one will get it, but it amuses me anyway.
I didn't know the reference....but it was just damned funny.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login