Skip to content

Guns

Political Discussion
224 17 5.7k 1
  • @hoorta said:

    Gee, you beat me too it. I already knew that. Al Capone era Tommy Guns are legal to own, assuming you have a permit for them. There's around 600,00 similar weapons out there according to the BATF.  That full auto AR-15 wouldn't fall into that category, and the guy had better have his permit for it.  

    Seeing some of those demos- I seriously doubt rocket and grenade launchers would be considered "automatic weapons".  More like "dangerous ordinance".  Ah, l I looked- they're considered "destructive devices". Yeah- it is possible- in a few states- to legally own them, but the cost and time of jumping through the requisite Government Red Tape makes it prohibitive.  I wonder where those guys got that stuff in the first place. Inventory reduction at a National Guard Armory maybe?  

    @vambo said:

    And that has exactly what to do with guns? Nice deflection. Would you like to be a Trumpista and shoot 'em all?  Your automatic weapon will come in handy. 

    Or we can get the Ever Given, pack them all in containers and send them to um- China?  😁 

  • @vambo said:

    And that has exactly what to do with guns? Nice deflection. Would you like to be a Trumpista and shoot 'em all?  Your automatic weapon will come in handy. 

    Or we can get the Ever Given, pack them all in containers and send them to um- China?  😁 

    @hoorta said:

    And that has exactly what to do with guns? Nice deflection. Would you like to be a Trumpista and shoot 'em all?  Your automatic weapon will come in handy. 

    Or we can get the Ever Given, pack them all in containers and send them to um- China?  😁 

  • @hoorta said:

    And that has exactly what to do with guns? Nice deflection. Would you like to be a Trumpista and shoot 'em all?  Your automatic weapon will come in handy. 

    Or we can get the Ever Given, pack them all in containers and send them to um- China?  😁 

    @vambo said:

    Aw gee- it was OK for Trump and the MAGAs to just let 'em rot on the other side of the border- not our problem.  Sure, cram them together with no masks- covid disaster waiting to happen. This didn't cause that spike across America though  😁  

    Television reporter fired for wearing MAGA hat while covering a Trump rally  | wcnc.com

    Here's some inconvenient factoids for ya Vambo....   

    "Apprehensions at the U.S. southern border have been on the rise since April 2020, and now number nearly eighty thousand per month. While the upsurge is significant, it is just half of the 2019 peak levels. It also differs in makeup: Today, the majority of migrants are Mexican, not Central American".  Put your thinking cap on guy- and tell me who was president in 2019, or April of last year.  HINT: it wasn't Joe Biden.  

    Since you want to turn gun control into an OT Biden border rant, here's something I saw that's just as off topic.... You global warming deniers just keep on keeping on it's phony. 

    "Amid an exceptionally warm March in Japan, the cherry blossoms in Kyoto peaked Friday, the earliest in more than 1,200 years of records. The record bloom fits into a long-term pattern toward earlier spring flowering, a compelling indicator of climate change, experts say."

  • @vambo said:

    Aw gee- it was OK for Trump and the MAGAs to just let 'em rot on the other side of the border- not our problem.  Sure, cram them together with no masks- covid disaster waiting to happen. This didn't cause that spike across America though  😁  

    Television reporter fired for wearing MAGA hat while covering a Trump rally  | wcnc.com

    Here's some inconvenient factoids for ya Vambo....   

    "Apprehensions at the U.S. southern border have been on the rise since April 2020, and now number nearly eighty thousand per month. While the upsurge is significant, it is just half of the 2019 peak levels. It also differs in makeup: Today, the majority of migrants are Mexican, not Central American".  Put your thinking cap on guy- and tell me who was president in 2019, or April of last year.  HINT: it wasn't Joe Biden.  

    Since you want to turn gun control into an OT Biden border rant, here's something I saw that's just as off topic.... You global warming deniers just keep on keeping on it's phony. 

    "Amid an exceptionally warm March in Japan, the cherry blossoms in Kyoto peaked Friday, the earliest in more than 1,200 years of records. The record bloom fits into a long-term pattern toward earlier spring flowering, a compelling indicator of climate change, experts say."

    @hoorta said:

    Aw gee- it was OK for Trump and the MAGAs to just let 'em rot on the other side of the border- not our problem.  Sure, cram them together with no masks- covid disaster waiting to happen. This didn't cause that spike across America though  😁  

    Television reporter fired for wearing MAGA hat while covering a Trump rally  | wcnc.com

    Here's some inconvenient factoids for ya Vambo....   

    "Apprehensions at the U.S. southern border have been on the rise since April 2020, and now number nearly eighty thousand per month. While the upsurge is significant, it is just half of the 2019 peak levels. It also differs in makeup: Today, the majority of migrants are Mexican, not Central American".  Put your thinking cap on guy- and tell me who was president in 2019, or April of last year.  HINT: it wasn't Joe Biden.  

    Since you want to turn gun control into an OT Biden border rant, here's something I saw that's just as off topic.... You global warming deniers just keep on keeping on it's phony. 

    "Amid an exceptionally warm March in Japan, the cherry blossoms in Kyoto peaked Friday, the earliest in more than 1,200 years of records. The record bloom fits into a long-term pattern toward earlier spring flowering, a compelling indicator of climate change, experts say."

    Rot?  You must be getting your information from the Progressive AOC hotline.

  • Not a big deal but we really do have enough separate threads that we  don't hijack every fucking one.

     PS I don't care who started it and if it was me in which case sorry…

    ?

    WSS

  • But we aren't even talking about grenade launchers that's just facetious on your part. We are talking about a  semiautomatic hunting rifle with a multiple round clip  Which is called an assault weapon if the stock is aluminium instead of wood.

     But let's not be coy we know which type of firearm kills the most people in the course of a year,  the handgun. Why wouldn't you liberals focus on those?

     Allow me to answer. Because its political theatre..

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    We are talking about a  semiautomatic hunting rifle with a multiple round clip 

    WSS

    Ain't nobody I have ever known that takes anything like that hunting for anything other than at ranges for grins. And they have as much luck with grins as they do with snipes.?

  • Back too topic, some folk still have a bit of sense.

    image.png.3520a9af2a241979adf2ab7f715a0fed.png

    @jafbf said:

    Back too topic, some folk still have a bit of sense.

    image.png.3520a9af2a241979adf2ab7f715a0fed.png

    West Virginia already has this

  • @westside-steve said:

    We are talking about a  semiautomatic hunting rifle with a multiple round clip 

    WSS

    Ain't nobody I have ever known that takes anything like that hunting for anything other than at ranges for grins. And they have as much luck with grins as they do with snipes.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ain't nobody I have ever known that takes anything like that hunting for anything other than at ranges for grins. And they have as much luck with grins as they do with snipes.?

    You’ve obviously never been hunting in WV. I know many people that hunt with a semiautomatic rifle

  • @jafbf said:

    Back too topic, some folk still have a bit of sense.

    image.png.3520a9af2a241979adf2ab7f715a0fed.png

    West Virginia already has this

    @browns149 said:

    West Virginia already has this

    And I disagree with it. The advantage of requiring training for a license is so that you not only show proficiency with what you have, but also thoroughly understand all the laws on use so that you don't end up in some civil suit that takes all your money because you fucked up the understanding of when they are appropriate to use or not to use.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Ain't nobody I have ever known that takes anything like that hunting for anything other than at ranges for grins. And they have as much luck with grins as they do with snipes.?

    You’ve obviously never been hunting in WV. I know many people that hunt with a semiautomatic rifle

    @browns149 said:

    You’ve obviously never been hunting in WV. I know many people that hunt with a semiautomatic rifle

    I would liken that to bringing hand grenades to go fishing with.??

  • @browns149 said:

    You’ve obviously never been hunting in WV. I know many people that hunt with a semiautomatic rifle

    I would liken that to bringing hand grenades to go fishing with.??

    @texasag1969 said:

    I would liken that to bringing hand grenades to go fishing with.??

    a glaring totally asinine emotional knee jerk response.

    so, tell us how you figure that analog exactly....

  • @browns149 said:

    You’ve obviously never been hunting in WV. I know many people that hunt with a semiautomatic rifle

    I would liken that to bringing hand grenades to go fishing with.??

    @texasag1969 said:

    I would liken that to bringing hand grenades to go fishing with.??

    They just use their hands. No grenades. I’ve seen them in the Backwaters below my cabin. They walk, in the water, around the edge and catch fish by putting their hand or arm into the bank. Until they find a fish. 

  • @browns149 said:

    West Virginia already has this

    And I disagree with it. The advantage of requiring training for a license is so that you not only show proficiency with what you have, but also thoroughly understand all the laws on use so that you don't end up in some civil suit that takes all your money because you fucked up the understanding of when they are appropriate to use or not to use.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I disagree with it. The advantage of requiring training for a license is so that you not only show proficiency with what you have, but also thoroughly understand all the laws on use so that you don't end up in some civil suit that takes all your money because you fucked up the understanding of when they are appropriate to use or not to use.

    The laws here are really simple. No local or county government can pass a gun law that isn’t in accordance with state law

    And, being a constitutional carry state means you just need to be a lawful gun owner to carry. Which is 21 and legally allowed to purchase a gun

    Plus, business can not put up one of those “No guns allowed” signs. Walmart can’t even stop you from carrying 

  • The Feral Irishman: An old West Virginia Hillbilly saying...... |  Appalachian people, Appalachia, Old west

  • @browns149 said:

    West Virginia already has this

    And I disagree with it. The advantage of requiring training for a license is so that you not only show proficiency with what you have, but also thoroughly understand all the laws on use so that you don't end up in some civil suit that takes all your money because you fucked up the understanding of when they are appropriate to use or not to use.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I disagree with it. The advantage of requiring training for a license is so that you not only show proficiency with what you have, but also thoroughly understand all the laws on use so that you don't end up in some civil suit that takes all your money because you fucked up the understanding of when they are appropriate to use or not to use.

     I am all for training to get a licence. If grandma has a 32 in her purse I'd like to think she knows how to use it.

    WSS

  • @vambo said:

    Aw gee- it was OK for Trump and the MAGAs to just let 'em rot on the other side of the border- not our problem.  Sure, cram them together with no masks- covid disaster waiting to happen. This didn't cause that spike across America though  😁  

    Television reporter fired for wearing MAGA hat while covering a Trump rally  | wcnc.com

    Here's some inconvenient factoids for ya Vambo....   

    "Apprehensions at the U.S. southern border have been on the rise since April 2020, and now number nearly eighty thousand per month. While the upsurge is significant, it is just half of the 2019 peak levels. It also differs in makeup: Today, the majority of migrants are Mexican, not Central American".  Put your thinking cap on guy- and tell me who was president in 2019, or April of last year.  HINT: it wasn't Joe Biden.  

    Since you want to turn gun control into an OT Biden border rant, here's something I saw that's just as off topic.... You global warming deniers just keep on keeping on it's phony. 

    "Amid an exceptionally warm March in Japan, the cherry blossoms in Kyoto peaked Friday, the earliest in more than 1,200 years of records. The record bloom fits into a long-term pattern toward earlier spring flowering, a compelling indicator of climate change, experts say."

    @hoorta said:

    Here's some inconvenient factoids for ya Vambo....   

    Biden is calling all these poor kids to the border to be put in cages at Biden's concentration camps!

    2021-03-12_064549.png.5152a3a49fc936e3527836695be2f0d4.png

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And I disagree with it. The advantage of requiring training for a license is so that you not only show proficiency with what you have, but also thoroughly understand all the laws on use so that you don't end up in some civil suit that takes all your money because you fucked up the understanding of when they are appropriate to use or not to use.

     I am all for training to get a licence. If grandma has a 32 in her purse I'd like to think she knows how to use it.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

     I am all for training to get a licence. If grandma has a 32 in her purse I'd like to think she knows how to use it.

    WSS

    My grandma had a .32 snub nose pistol by her bed.  Her husband was a retired cop as was her son.  She was well trained and would have used it I'm sure.