Anderson looking like the starter tonight
-
Anderson played well- against a team that went 0-16 last year and need a last second field goal first preseason game to beat an equally abysmal Chiefs team.
Quinn started against the Lions last preseason (the season they actually were 0-16), he played the whole first half, and the team got crushed 26-6.
This year the Lions are expected to be better and yet the results for the Browns were reversed with DA starting.
And the Lions beat the Falcons last week, not the Chiefs.
Quinn started against the Lions last preseason (the season they actually were 0-16), he played the whole first half, and the team got crushed 26-6.
This year the Lions are expected to be better and yet the results for the Browns were reversed with DA starting.
And the Lions beat the Falcons last week, not the Chiefs.
I'll stand corrected about the Falcons. BUT- I was actually at BOTH preseason games (have a good friend that lives just north of Detroit). And FYI @ Ford Field, the Browns o-line forgot to get on the bus to Detroit. Quinn was getting killed on virtually every pass play.
Now let's fast forward to last Saturday. Did Anderson even get touched on any of his scoring drives? Known fact- DA normally looks great when he has all day to throw. But then again, so will any NFL quarterback short of Akilli Smith given bulletproof protection.
Glad you brought up that sack Quinn took on his first play. Go watch the tape. Quinn had NO CHANCE to even unload the ball. Ahem, he COULD have just chucked it up there for grabs, like DA would have.
Detroit sent the house up the middle, and to add insult (one of the tackles- it may have been Joe Thomas) totally whiffed on an outside rush. -
Quinn started against the Lions last preseason (the season they actually were 0-16), he played the whole first half, and the team got crushed 26-6.
This year the Lions are expected to be better and yet the results for the Browns were reversed with DA starting.
And the Lions beat the Falcons last week, not the Chiefs.
I'll stand corrected about the Falcons. BUT- I was actually at BOTH preseason games (have a good friend that lives just north of Detroit). And FYI @ Ford Field, the Browns o-line forgot to get on the bus to Detroit. Quinn was getting killed on virtually every pass play.
Now let's fast forward to last Saturday. Did Anderson even get touched on any of his scoring drives? Known fact- DA normally looks great when he has all day to throw. But then again, so will any NFL quarterback short of Akilli Smith given bulletproof protection.
Glad you brought up that sack Quinn took on his first play. Go watch the tape. Quinn had NO CHANCE to even unload the ball. Ahem, he COULD have just chucked it up there for grabs, like DA would have.
Detroit sent the house up the middle, and to add insult (one of the tackles- it may have been Joe Thomas) totally whiffed on an outside rush. Now let's fast forward to last Saturday. Did Anderson even get touched on any of his scoring drives? Known fact- DA normally looks great when he has all day to throw. But then again, so will any NFL quarterback short of Akilli Smith given bulletproof protection.
Glad you brought up that sack Quinn took on his first play. Go watch the tape. Quinn had NO CHANCE to even unload the ball. Ahem, he COULD have just chucked it up there for grabs, like DA would have.
Detroit sent the house up the middle, and to add insult (one of the tackles- it may have been Joe Thomas) totally whiffed on an outside rush.Yes Anderson got hit, most notably when they replayed the hit he took on the incomplete to Royal in the end zone.
I didn't say anything about the sack, didn't see that play, but since you brought it up I do recall Kosar noting that Quinn failed to make blitz reads on several occasions.
As far as throwing it up for grabs with the blitz coming, let's hope that Quinn learned something after he nearly handed a pick 6 to Green Bay last week, because he's gonna get the shit blitzed out of him if he ever needs to come in and play.
-
I forgot to post this. Since I pointed out that Denver had the second worst pass defense in the league last year giving up a rating of 98.5. I thought I should tell you detroit had the worst pass defense giving up a rating over 100. Not positive what it was but it was close to a rating of 110 per game. You can take that to mean how ever you want to spin it. I have a feeling I know how each camp would spin it.
Oh, and just for general knowledge I am in support of DA to be the QB. I just think that all things being equal that the Browns must start BQ. We know what DA can do and if he can not beat out BQ then BQ should get a chance to see what he can do. Again if it is a tie or even near a tie then the Browns must start BQ.
And based on last night I would say that BQ did not hurt his chances of starting. He played under control and made some very nice passes that were called back because of penalties. DA played well also, enough to keep him in the discussion but I don't think he played well enough to keep BQ on the bench.
And I do not call people names, I try and give some support on why I think DA is a good QB. And I also try and put some perspective on things concerning BQ. But I don't think either QB sucks and with proper coaching I think they will both be successful. I can agree that DA did not progress enough but remember he had the same lousy coaches as BQ did.
And I will finally say that who cares about last year at this point. I want to see who ever will lead this team to wins. I came to this board and follow the Browns because DA was the starting QB but I enjoy the team and I enjoy most of the people on the board. And I don't like to see crap on the field anymore than anybody else. One of the Qbs needs to step up, if DA doesn't step up and step up big (he did not during the packer game) then the Browns must see what BQ can do and that is what I think they will end up doing.
-
He's put in more work, and has a better understanding of the playbook than DA.
You don't know that.
-
I have to admit DA did look good.
-
-
DA did look very good. But most Browns fans will pick apart in positive the Browns had if it doesn't include Quinny. Homos.
-
-
Anderson looked like a starter.
Then, he DIDN'T look like a starter.
The cannon short throw that was almost into the feet of the receiver?
The bad overthrow?
DA is too inconsistent, and he's a long ball cannon.
His throwing motion doesn't seem to be dependable, to be polite, at all on short throws.
He doesn't run well, and is far less elusive that Bernie Kosar in his prime.
Quinn will end up being the starter, we'll see how he wins that job, or not, vs the Titans, who have the #8 defense
per a rating of all the teams I noticed online.
BTW, it was a list of the top 30 defenses.
Detroit wasn't even on the list...... @@
So, if Quinn shines, Da fades.
-
Anderson looked like a starter.
Then, he DIDN'T look like a starter.
The cannon short throw that was almost into the feet of the receiver?
The bad overthrow?
DA is too inconsistent, and he's a long ball cannon.
His throwing motion doesn't seem to be dependable, to be polite, at all on short throws.
He doesn't run well, and is far less elusive that Bernie Kosar in his prime.
Quinn will end up being the starter, we'll see how he wins that job, or not, vs the Titans, who have the #8 defense
per a rating of all the teams I noticed online.
BTW, it was a list of the top 30 defenses.
Detroit wasn't even on the list...... @@
So, if Quinn shines, Da fades.
Anderson looked like a starter.
Then, he DIDN'T look like a starter.
The cannon short throw that was almost into the feet of the receiver?
The bad overthrow?
DA is too inconsistent, and he's a long ball cannon.
His throwing motion doesn't seem to be dependable, to be polite, at all on short throws.
He doesn't run well, and is far less elusive that Bernie Kosar in his prime.
Quinn will end up being the starter, we'll see how he wins that job, or not, vs the Titans, who have the #8 defense
per a rating of all the teams I noticed online.
BTW, it was a list of the top 30 defenses.
Detroit wasn't even on the list...... @@
So, if Quinn shines, DA fades.
The part I put in bold sums up my feelings about DA. If he could play like he did on MNF against the Giants on a consistent basis, he'd be one of the top qbs in the NFL. However, I've seen way too many Cincinnati stinkers out of Anderson for my liking.
And FWIW, I'm no Quinn fag. If Brady plays poorly, he'll get exactly the same treatment from this corner.
-
@inspecta said:
Everybody will give Quinn the same treatment we give DABrowns lose to Denver (worst D in football): QUINN WAS AWESOME!!! BEST QB PERFORMANCE IN BROWNS HISTORY!!!!!
Browns lose to Houston with backup QB: QUINN'S FINGER HURT!!!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!!!
Contrast that back to when Anderson tossed 5 TDs and was named NFL Player of the Week: WHEN IS QUINN GOING TO START??? BQ SHOULD START VS THE RAIDERS!!!
so stop trying to explain away your gay love of Quinn inspecta. It ain't even up for debate.
-
-
-
@inspecta said:
Everybody will give Quinn the same treatment we give DABrowns lose to Denver (worst D in football): QUINN WAS AWESOME!!! BEST QB PERFORMANCE IN BROWNS HISTORY!!!!!
Browns lose to Houston with backup QB: QUINN'S FINGER HURT!!!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!!!
Contrast that back to when Anderson tossed 5 TDs and was named NFL Player of the Week: WHEN IS QUINN GOING TO START??? BQ SHOULD START VS THE RAIDERS!!!
so stop trying to explain away your gay love of Quinn inspecta. It ain't even up for debate.
Contrast that back to when Anderson tossed 5 TDs and was named NFL Player of the Week: WHEN IS QUINN GOING TO START??? BQ SHOULD START VS THE RAIDERS!!!
*sigh* Let me remind you of DA's performance in the games prior to the Giants game and after.
Before
11/24 (45%) 114 yards, 1TD, 2 fumbles vs. DAL
18/32 (56%) 166 yards, 0TDs, 2INTs vs. PIT
14/37 (38%) 125 yards, 1TD, 3INTs, 1 fumble vs. BALT
15/24 (62%) 138 yards, 1TD, 1INT, 1 fumble vs. CINCY
After
14/37 (38%) 136 yards, 1TD, 1 fumble vs. WAS
-
@inspecta said:
Everybody will give Quinn the same treatment we give DABrowns lose to Denver (worst D in football): QUINN WAS AWESOME!!! BEST QB PERFORMANCE IN BROWNS HISTORY!!!!!
Browns lose to Houston with backup QB: QUINN'S FINGER HURT!!!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!!!
Contrast that back to when Anderson tossed 5 TDs and was named NFL Player of the Week: WHEN IS QUINN GOING TO START??? BQ SHOULD START VS THE RAIDERS!!!
so stop trying to explain away your gay love of Quinn inspecta. It ain't even up for debate.
Browns lose to Denver (worst D in football): QUINN WAS AWESOME!!! BEST QB PERFORMANCE IN BROWNS HISTORY!!!!!
Browns lose to Houston with backup QB: QUINN'S FINGER HURT!!!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!!!
Contrast that back to when Anderson tossed 5 TDs and was named NFL Player of the Week: WHEN IS QUINN GOING TO START??? BQ SHOULD START VS THE RAIDERS!!!
so stop trying to explain away your gay love of Quinn inspecta. It ain't even up for debate.
In all fairness I posted earlier Denver's defense stats and they were not the worst, second worst to Detroit. But Lum if you are going to compare BQs first 3 starts to DA's first 3 starts then you have to look at 2006 for DA. I posted the stats earlier for his first two games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I did not post his 3rd start stats but if I recall he threw 4 ints against Tampa Bay. But overall DA and BQ had very similar stats in their first 3 starts.
And know that if you throw the 5 TD game out there all anybody has to do is comeback with the 4 int day that he had when the playoffs were on the line. I said it earlier though, I think the problem is the number of passes that RAC and the OC called for. If you throw the ball 35 times a game you are going to get game planned for. Look at the games that DA managed (less than 25 passes), the Browns won them all.
And as I try and point out to BQ backers, you DO NOT HAVE TO BAD MOUTH the other QB to make a case for your choice. When talking about DA you can make a case for DA without mentioning BQ at all. Even in his bad streches I don't think DA was as bad as people are making it seem. There were lots of factors involved and the Qb was only one of them.
-
Did not write it well, I actually was directing it at lumbergh. I was saying that I have said that to BQ backers before and that the same applies to Lumbergh. I just did not word it well. But yes I would love to see Lumbergh defend DA without calling people names or bashing BQ. And I have seen some decent posts from him but he always puts a gay spine on it so it gets lost because he posts like a douche.
-
It could have been worse. They could have lost to BQ in the preseason instead of crushing him.
That's one way of looking at it. It kind of looked to me like Quinn remembered throwing multiple TD passes on them as a wide eyed rookie without any training camp reps. It got so out of hand, RAC didn't want to have the refs review ANOTHER TD pass the replay was clearly showing. I think BQ felt like he was supposed to kneel down on the ball and show good sportsmanship instead of rubbing in how bad Detroit sucks.
I try to refrain from defining our starting QB by the Detroit barometer. I would hope everyone else is willing to raise the standard as well. That said, I don't recall DA throwing any TD passes on Detroit in 2007 or 2009.
- Tom F.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login