Reasons why the Browns' defense will take them to the superbowl
-
We're gonna see some 4-1-6 D this season... including up to 4 starting caliber CBs on the field at the same time.
Always a factor, but we also have another "-th" for a change... depth...
Actually with Young JOK on the field and either Malcolm or Taki as the solo backer, I tend to think of it as a "Nickel plus" defense.
Actually with Young JOK on the field and either Malcolm or Taki as the solo backer, I tend to think of it as a "Nickel plus" defense.
But the "1" in my 4-1-6 is JOK...
His one assignment? Shallow middle zone with one eye on the QB... 1-1/2 if it's a running QB... 2 if it's Jackson... although he still might not be fast enough in that last case.
There's always the 4-0-7... Welcome to the Will Mr. Harrison!
Add in a DL including MG and Clowney and Takk and I wonder if there has ever been a faster D put on a field...
-
Actually with Young JOK on the field and either Malcolm or Taki as the solo backer, I tend to think of it as a "Nickel plus" defense.
But the "1" in my 4-1-6 is JOK...
His one assignment? Shallow middle zone with one eye on the QB... 1-1/2 if it's a running QB... 2 if it's Jackson... although he still might not be fast enough in that last case.
There's always the 4-0-7... Welcome to the Will Mr. Harrison!
Add in a DL including MG and Clowney and Takk and I wonder if there has ever been a faster D put on a field...
Add in a DL including MG and Clowney and Takk and I wonder if there has ever been a faster D put on a field...
I cannot emphasize how pleased I am that Berry, Stef and all staff recognize that in defense, speed kills. Got to acquire it and then coach it up right. But without it you're sunk from the snap. And in today's offenses it pushes the limits of any QB, regardless of skill or speed. This is going to be a fun season.?
-
Actually with Young JOK on the field and either Malcolm or Taki as the solo backer, I tend to think of it as a "Nickel plus" defense.
But the "1" in my 4-1-6 is JOK...
His one assignment? Shallow middle zone with one eye on the QB... 1-1/2 if it's a running QB... 2 if it's Jackson... although he still might not be fast enough in that last case.
There's always the 4-0-7... Welcome to the Will Mr. Harrison!
Add in a DL including MG and Clowney and Takk and I wonder if there has ever been a faster D put on a field...
-
Exciting stuff to look forward to - defense.
-
-
-
Our D is certainly going to be the biggest difference between 2020 and '21...
Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE me some D?
-
That 2...
You have one more use left... try not to waste it as you did here.
1st use was outstanding, so we know you can do it.
-
That 2...
You have one more use left... try not to waste it as you did here.
1st use was outstanding, so we know you can do it.
-
Stop raining on my parade. ?
That wasn't "rain".
-
Stop raining on my parade. ?
That wasn't "rain".
-
Some guys pay extra for that...
Usually you pay double for that kind of action, Cotton.
-
I'm back! Miss me guys? Check that, let's not find out.
I definitely missed you guys and I'm back from a little Browns hiatus and I'm ready to talk football. Now, the defense. It's no secret that I absolutely detested our defense last year. I think we won way too many games on the backs of our offense and our defense squandered WAY too many big leads. Leads protected by a timely drive our offense pulled out.
I WANT to give Joe Woods a break. He probably deserves it. He had to play some serious nobodies at key positions at times he shouldn't have, but questions remain. If the defense takes a step, specifically in closing out games, we're serious trouble for people.
-
The offense can get us to the playoffs- that was proven last year.
Josh Allen, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson present the challenges to the Super Bowl. We have the personnel to play Woods pressure with four drop the rest in coverage. This style of play is suited to take on the Chiefs and the Ravens- Mahomes and Jackson you get killed if your blitz doesn’t get there and you give up the big play....Although we need to worry about being stout against the run with the Ravens. Whatever Woods did last year against the Ravens just do the opposite.You beat those three QBs above with interior pressure all the great QBs have trouble with pressure in the or face. That’s the next piece with this defense unless with all this versatility we now possess we kick Myles and Clowney inside on some pass rush downs.
three keys this year...1. Health
2. Baker continuing on his path to being a very good QB
3. Luck (not Andrew) but being a little lucky. Good bounce in big game, favorable call in a big game, etc.
The offense can get us to the playoffs- that was proven last year.
Josh Allen, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson present the challenges to the Super Bowl. We have the personnel to play Woods pressure with four drop the rest in coverage. This style of play is suited to take on the Chiefs and the Ravens- Mahomes and Jackson you get killed if your blitz doesn’t get there and you give up the big play....Although we need to worry about being stout against the run with the Ravens. Whatever Woods did last year against the Ravens just do the opposite.You beat those three QBs above with interior pressure all the great QBs have trouble with pressure in the or face. That’s the next piece with this defense unless with all this versatility we now possess we kick Myles and Clowney inside on some pass rush downs.
three keys this year...1. Health
2. Baker continuing on his path to being a very good QB
3. Luck (not Andrew) but being a little lucky. Good bounce in big game, favorable call in a big game, etc.
I'm not sold on Joe Woods.. I think he's pure shit for a DC..
-
The offense can get us to the playoffs- that was proven last year.
Josh Allen, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson present the challenges to the Super Bowl. We have the personnel to play Woods pressure with four drop the rest in coverage. This style of play is suited to take on the Chiefs and the Ravens- Mahomes and Jackson you get killed if your blitz doesn’t get there and you give up the big play....Although we need to worry about being stout against the run with the Ravens. Whatever Woods did last year against the Ravens just do the opposite.You beat those three QBs above with interior pressure all the great QBs have trouble with pressure in the or face. That’s the next piece with this defense unless with all this versatility we now possess we kick Myles and Clowney inside on some pass rush downs.
three keys this year...1. Health
2. Baker continuing on his path to being a very good QB
3. Luck (not Andrew) but being a little lucky. Good bounce in big game, favorable call in a big game, etc.
I'm not sold on Joe Woods.. I think he's pure shit for a DC..
I'm not sold on Joe Woods.. I think he's pure shit for a DC..
“Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding."
That's you in a god damn nutshell. When you're asked "why do you think that?" you basically jam your thumb up your ass and go "DERRRR IDK WHY I JUST DO".
You're a fucking clown, nickers. You have the football I.Q. of a squirrel. The only difference is that a squirrel doesn't arrogantly beat their chest like they know what they're talking about.
I'm getting back to grilling, you have a blessed holiday.
-
Joe Woods actually did a good job covering for a lack of talent in the secondary and lb's.
The Browns defense was lacking speed. I just can't see blaming Woods and asst coaches for a lack of talent.
This year? I don't see Woods having the same problems. Does anybody, seriously?
The truth is, imho, that Woods has tremendous experience in both the 4-3 and 3-4 and all
the tweaks in between. He did a lot of good things in covering for a lack of talent - it's all you can do.
The Browns know that - that is why they had to fix the secondary and lb position in the draft and FA.
With the talent now? barring a flood of injuries, the Browns defense should be a top five defense.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/04/4-things-to-know-about-new-browns-dc-joe-woods/
-
I'm not sold on Joe Woods.. I think he's pure shit for a DC..
“Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding."
That's you in a god damn nutshell. When you're asked "why do you think that?" you basically jam your thumb up your ass and go "DERRRR IDK WHY I JUST DO".
You're a fucking clown, nickers. You have the football I.Q. of a squirrel. The only difference is that a squirrel doesn't arrogantly beat their chest like they know what they're talking about.
I'm getting back to grilling, you have a blessed holiday.
“Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding."
That's you in a god damn nutshell. When you're asked "why do you think that?" you basically jam your thumb up your ass and go "DERRRR IDK WHY I JUST DO".
You're a fucking clown, nickers. You have the football I.Q. of a squirrel. The only difference is that a squirrel doesn't arrogantly beat their chest like they know what they're talking about.
I'm getting back to grilling, you have a blessed holiday.
And you're a big ASSHOLE with Dunning Kruger Syndrome
Have a nice day Know it all!
-
Joe Woods actually did a good job covering for a lack of talent in the secondary and lb's.
The Browns defense was lacking speed. I just can't see blaming Woods and asst coaches for a lack of talent.
This year? I don't see Woods having the same problems. Does anybody, seriously?
The truth is, imho, that Woods has tremendous experience in both the 4-3 and 3-4 and all
the tweaks in between. He did a lot of good things in covering for a lack of talent - it's all you can do.
The Browns know that - that is why they had to fix the secondary and lb position in the draft and FA.
With the talent now? barring a flood of injuries, the Browns defense should be a top five defense.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/04/4-things-to-know-about-new-browns-dc-joe-woods/
Joe Woods actually did a good job covering for a lack of talent in the secondary and lb's.
The Browns defense was lacking speed. I just can't see blaming Woods and asst coaches for a lack of talent.
This year? I don't see Woods having the same problems. Does anybody, seriously?
The truth is, imho, that Woods has tremendous experience in both the 4-3 and 3-4 and all
the tweaks in between. He did a lot of good things in covering for a lack of talent - it's all you can do.
The Browns know that - that is why they had to fix the secondary and lb position in the draft and FA.
With the talent now? barring a flood of injuries, the Browns defense should be a top five defense.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/04/4-things-to-know-about-new-browns-dc-joe-woods/
Sorry Cal.. Joe Woods is garbage..
-
Make or break year for Joe.
-
“Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding."
That's you in a god damn nutshell. When you're asked "why do you think that?" you basically jam your thumb up your ass and go "DERRRR IDK WHY I JUST DO".
You're a fucking clown, nickers. You have the football I.Q. of a squirrel. The only difference is that a squirrel doesn't arrogantly beat their chest like they know what they're talking about.
I'm getting back to grilling, you have a blessed holiday.
And you're a big ASSHOLE with Dunning Kruger Syndrome
Have a nice day Know it all!
And you're a big ASSHOLE with Dunning Kruger Syndrome
Have a nice day Know it all!
Yes, I am an asshole. Much like any good comedian, I'm an asshole who presents the truth - but through the prism of humor. I'm just not always so subtle about it. In this case, I'm an even bigger asshole because I am (demonstrably) correct.
Dunning Kruger in this particular case is hilariously applicable to you. So not only do you have a mental affliction for these topics, you also suffer from severe projection. I've gone as far as to detail on this board posts that you are welcomed to search for, Joe Woods transition away from the single high/MOTFC looks which he loved so much in Denver and was forced into more 2 high looks between C2, C4, C6, C9 and such in Cleveland because of just how bad our DB play was. I can do so at a pretty high level whilst you cannot. So...... yeah, DK all the way, champ.
You regale us with these complaints about Joe Woods, but you lack any and all ability to explain them at even the most fundamental level. And because you have no idea what you're really saying, more specifically the "why" behind it, then you're really just bitching at this point.
There are reasons why my posts on this board receive more upvotes, likes, quotes and weighed attention than yours. You might want to take a step back and ask why that reason is.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
