Skip to content

2021 Browns OTA's/rolls into Mandatory Camp

The Browns Board
112 15 3.7k
  • @gumby73 said:

    Browns OTA's, began yesterday on Tuesday June 1st. https://www.brownszone.com/2021/06/01/otas-begin-with-myles-garrett-practicing-attendance-slanted-toward-defense/

    These are Voluntary team workouts, leading up to the Mandatory mini-camp from June 15th thru June 17th..

    The Cleveland team media, is welcome into today's morning practice..

    Team Bowns & Player Updates are welcome here....

    Here we go Brownies!.....Here We Go!   

    Wild Card Round - Cleveland Browns v Pittsburgh Steelers

    Define "cleveland team media"...     Because I've used a personally witnessed example of the propaganda Nathan Zegura has to spew on a daily basis from OTA's and camp.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #7

    @tiamat63 said:

    Define "cleveland team media"...     Because I've used a personally witnessed example of the propaganda Nathan Zegura has to spew on a daily basis from OTA's and camp.

    moved out of Ohio, over 30 years ago..Have yet to listen to a Nathan Zegura daily podcast 🙂 .. I get most Browns news reads from the Akron Beacon Journal..They seem the most modest on Browns news imho..(6 months/one dollar)

    Scott Petrak, I'll trust on what players *actually* say... Here's Scott's update from Day 2 OTA's..  https://www.brownszone.com/2021/06/02/notes-myles-garrett-not-at-all-worried-browns-are-falling-behind-chiefs-because-of-smaller-attendance-at-otas/

    appreciate the work of Pluto & Jake Burns also..

    Edit---simple edit post, of local media in*..& team media out*

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Nathan Zegura has given Jimmy a handie or 20 over the years, I'm convinced of this. 

    I mean, the economy is in shambles right now.  A man's gotta make a living.  

    @the-gipper said:

    I would think that a certified representative of The Browns Board  could qualify as a member of the "Cleveland Media".     How would one be credentialed?   Perhaps Kathy or Z  could give you something that would qualify.  

    Do you.....or does anyone else  want the job?  

    Westside Steve could perhaps qualify.   If I am not mistaken,  he still writes movie reviews for some magazine in town.    I think he used to do so for The Scene Magazine. (but no longer).   

    Sadly, it's not that easy.  It would be very difficult for TBB to get a credential.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #8

    @tiamat63 said:

    I mean, the economy is in shambles right now.  A man's gotta make a living.  

    Sadly, it's not that easy.  It would be very difficult for TBB to get a credential.  

    Why is that just out of curiosity? 

    I mean, this is probably as..or more  legitimate of a forum for Browns news/discussion as any number of  "media outlets"  that perhaps get credentials.  I mean,  what does say, the Chardon Gazette provide in terms of Browns new coverage that this place can't provide? 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #9

    Day 2 news nuggets...

    1) Fifty-five players on the Browns’ 90-man roster were on the field Wednesday, with a significant defensive contingent led by Garrett. Cornerback Denzel Ward, linebacker Anthony Walker and tackles Malik Jackson and Andrew Billings were among the expected starters to participate.

    2) INJURY REPORT

    Five of the 55 players watched the action as they deal with injuries: safety Grant Delpit, rookie receiver Anthony Schwartz, rookie linebacker Tony Fields II, receiver/returner JoJo Natson and defensive tackle Malik McDowell.(McDowell practiced in rookie minicamp last month but not Wednesday with an unknown injury.)

    Delpit missed all of his rookie season in 2020 with a ruptured Achilles tendon and said last week he’s on track to be 100 percent for the start of training camp in late July. Natson suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in Week 3 last year. Fields suffered a foot injury before rookie minicamp and is in a walking boot.

    Schwartz’s left leg was in a sleeve, but Stefanski said he’s fine. The speedster was a third-round pick out of Auburn.

    3) CALL HIM SLASH

    Rookie sixth-round pick Demetric Felton is listed as a running back but went through receiver drills to open practice. After dropping a couple of passes in individual drills, he made a couple of nice grabs in team work.

    “Versatility is a big deal,” Stefanski said. “Demetric played running back and wide receiver previously in college. He has done both with us already. He has been in both meetings. There have been times he is a running back for that day and a wide receiver the next day.

    “It does speak to his versatility. It speaks to his ability to mentally handle that.”

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Define "cleveland team media"...     Because I've used a personally witnessed example of the propaganda Nathan Zegura has to spew on a daily basis from OTA's and camp.

    moved out of Ohio, over 30 years ago..Have yet to listen to a Nathan Zegura daily podcast 🙂 .. I get most Browns news reads from the Akron Beacon Journal..They seem the most modest on Browns news imho..(6 months/one dollar)

    Scott Petrak, I'll trust on what players *actually* say... Here's Scott's update from Day 2 OTA's..  https://www.brownszone.com/2021/06/02/notes-myles-garrett-not-at-all-worried-browns-are-falling-behind-chiefs-because-of-smaller-attendance-at-otas/

    appreciate the work of Pluto & Jake Burns also..

    Edit---simple edit post, of local media in*..& team media out*

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @gumby73 said:

    moved out of Ohio, over 30 years ago..Have yet to listen to a Nathan Zegura daily podcast 🙂 .. I get most Browns news reads from the Akron Beacon Journal..They seem the most modest on Browns news imho..(6 months/one dollar)

    Scott Petrak, I'll trust on what players *actually* say... Here's Scott's update from Day 2 OTA's..  https://www.brownszone.com/2021/06/02/notes-myles-garrett-not-at-all-worried-browns-are-falling-behind-chiefs-because-of-smaller-attendance-at-otas/

    appreciate the work of Pluto & Jake Burns also..

    Edit---simple edit post, of local media in*..& team media out*

    I won't be too hard on Nathan- as a paid Browns employee his job is to put a positive spin on everything... Ditto your take on the Beacon Journal and Pluto...  

  • @gumby73 said:

    moved out of Ohio, over 30 years ago..Have yet to listen to a Nathan Zegura daily podcast 🙂 .. I get most Browns news reads from the Akron Beacon Journal..They seem the most modest on Browns news imho..(6 months/one dollar)

    Scott Petrak, I'll trust on what players *actually* say... Here's Scott's update from Day 2 OTA's..  https://www.brownszone.com/2021/06/02/notes-myles-garrett-not-at-all-worried-browns-are-falling-behind-chiefs-because-of-smaller-attendance-at-otas/

    appreciate the work of Pluto & Jake Burns also..

    Edit---simple edit post, of local media in*..& team media out*

    I won't be too hard on Nathan- as a paid Browns employee his job is to put a positive spin on everything... Ditto your take on the Beacon Journal and Pluto...  

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @hoorta said:

     Ditto your take on the Beacon Journal and Pluto...  

    They do some solid honest work..

    I get that it's early..But do you know any season ticket holders, giving up their seats for Zona or Denver games yet? I have a stepson, that's a die/(blow) -hard (denver) Donkey fan, that wants to make the trip up with me.. Some call him Micheal... But, we can call him 'Jackass'  image.jpeg.383f47b5b8261b20a04f1023302e2a9a.jpeg  no hurry, just gathering sources... Thanks!

  • @hoorta said:

     Ditto your take on the Beacon Journal and Pluto...  

    They do some solid honest work..

    I get that it's early..But do you know any season ticket holders, giving up their seats for Zona or Denver games yet? I have a stepson, that's a die/(blow) -hard (denver) Donkey fan, that wants to make the trip up with me.. Some call him Micheal... But, we can call him 'Jackass'  image.jpeg.383f47b5b8261b20a04f1023302e2a9a.jpeg  no hurry, just gathering sources... Thanks!

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @gumby73 said:

    I have a stepson, that's a die/(blow) -hard (denver) Donkey fan

    .......poor misguided soul. 

    As long as he's loyal.... 

  • Day 2 news nuggets...

    1) Fifty-five players on the Browns’ 90-man roster were on the field Wednesday, with a significant defensive contingent led by Garrett. Cornerback Denzel Ward, linebacker Anthony Walker and tackles Malik Jackson and Andrew Billings were among the expected starters to participate.

    2) INJURY REPORT

    Five of the 55 players watched the action as they deal with injuries: safety Grant Delpit, rookie receiver Anthony Schwartz, rookie linebacker Tony Fields II, receiver/returner JoJo Natson and defensive tackle Malik McDowell.(McDowell practiced in rookie minicamp last month but not Wednesday with an unknown injury.)

    Delpit missed all of his rookie season in 2020 with a ruptured Achilles tendon and said last week he’s on track to be 100 percent for the start of training camp in late July. Natson suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in Week 3 last year. Fields suffered a foot injury before rookie minicamp and is in a walking boot.

    Schwartz’s left leg was in a sleeve, but Stefanski said he’s fine. The speedster was a third-round pick out of Auburn.

    3) CALL HIM SLASH

    Rookie sixth-round pick Demetric Felton is listed as a running back but went through receiver drills to open practice. After dropping a couple of passes in individual drills, he made a couple of nice grabs in team work.

    “Versatility is a big deal,” Stefanski said. “Demetric played running back and wide receiver previously in college. He has done both with us already. He has been in both meetings. There have been times he is a running back for that day and a wide receiver the next day.

    “It does speak to his versatility. It speaks to his ability to mentally handle that.”

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @gumby73 said:

    “Versatility is a big deal,” Stefanski said. “Demetric played running back and wide receiver previously in college. He has done both with us already. He has been in both meetings. There have been times he is a running back for that day and a wide receiver the next day.

    “It does speak to his versatility. It speaks to his ability to mentally handle that.”

    IMO, this guy is a lock to make the team.  He's a Berry/Stef type of guy.  I bet Berry & Stef drive hybrid cars.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Zombo said:

    No way. Stef is a Philly kid and an athlete , he's got some horsepower under his hood... Ferrari. 

    Berry is a 34 yo black kid with a Harvard degree running an NFL franchise ... Bentley. 

    Z

    Here is Stefanski's ride.   Not real sure what this is.  Some top notch SUV:

    News & Notes: What Kevin Stefanski stressed in 1st team meeting

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #15

    Zombo said:

    No way. Stef is a Philly kid and an athlete , he's got some horsepower under his hood... Ferrari. 

    Berry is a 34 yo black kid with a Harvard degree running an NFL franchise ... Bentley.

    Well.... O did not say "Prius"...

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-24/ferrari-pitches-500-000-hybrid-supercar-as-a-bargain-daily-driver

    https://www.bentleymotors.com/en/models/bentayga/bentayga-hybrid.html

  • Zombo said:

    No way. Stef is a Philly kid and an athlete , he's got some horsepower under his hood... Ferrari. 

    Berry is a 34 yo black kid with a Harvard degree running an NFL franchise ... Bentley. 

    Z

    Here is Stefanski's ride.   Not real sure what this is.  Some top notch SUV:

    News & Notes: What Kevin Stefanski stressed in 1st team meeting

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is Stefanski's ride.   Not real sure what this is.  Some top notch SUV:

    News & Notes: What Kevin Stefanski stressed in 1st team meeting

    That's a Chevrolet Tahoe or Suburban. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #17

    I'm all about being sensible to help save mother Gaia.  But my white ass ain't driving a Prius to football practice.  I'll stick with my Honda and if I want to really cut back on gas for my 10min commute, I'll take a Ducati 696, stealth grey.  Also open to other more "naked" euro bikes.   You kids can keep your expensive and stupid ass plastic fairings on your crotch rockets.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    What is this "commute" of which you speak? 😳

  • I'm all about being sensible to help save mother Gaia.  But my white ass ain't driving a Prius to football practice.  I'll stick with my Honda and if I want to really cut back on gas for my 10min commute, I'll take a Ducati 696, stealth grey.  Also open to other more "naked" euro bikes.   You kids can keep your expensive and stupid ass plastic fairings on your crotch rockets.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm all about being sensible to help save mother Gaia.  But my white ass ain't driving a Prius to football practice.  I'll stick with my Honda and if I want to really cut back on gas for my 10min commute, I'll take a Ducati 696, stealth grey.  Also open to other more "naked" euro bikes.   You kids can keep your expensive and stupid ass plastic fairings on your crotch rockets.

    Here is your more eco-friendly option:

    Talon 2 (2021) | Men Trail bike | Giant Bicycles United States

  • What is this "commute" of which you speak? 😳

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    What is this "commute" of which you speak? 😳

    That thing us non-retired folks still have.

    Edit: but had I gone more in on AMC stock when I did, I probably could have made enough to take a calendar year off and finish school in comfort.

  • @tour2ma said:

    What is this "commute" of which you speak? 😳

    That thing us non-retired folks still have.

    Edit: but had I gone more in on AMC stock when I did, I probably could have made enough to take a calendar year off and finish school in comfort.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #21

    @tiamat63 said:

    Edit: but had I gone more in on AMC stock when I did, I probably could have made enough to take a calendar year off and finish school in comfort.

    Me, too... except for the school bit...

    Only made 500%... 😁 Sold a covered Call for my last 100 shares yesterday...

    image.thumb.png.39ec333505b976b4dc5c448a8bc23eab.png

    ... but still have some BB and BBBY among other WSB favs...

    ... and an AMC put...

    image.thumb.png.52f7a5291a1035c4b98ad5376531c32b.png

  • Day 2 news nuggets...

    1) Fifty-five players on the Browns’ 90-man roster were on the field Wednesday, with a significant defensive contingent led by Garrett. Cornerback Denzel Ward, linebacker Anthony Walker and tackles Malik Jackson and Andrew Billings were among the expected starters to participate.

    2) INJURY REPORT

    Five of the 55 players watched the action as they deal with injuries: safety Grant Delpit, rookie receiver Anthony Schwartz, rookie linebacker Tony Fields II, receiver/returner JoJo Natson and defensive tackle Malik McDowell.(McDowell practiced in rookie minicamp last month but not Wednesday with an unknown injury.)

    Delpit missed all of his rookie season in 2020 with a ruptured Achilles tendon and said last week he’s on track to be 100 percent for the start of training camp in late July. Natson suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in Week 3 last year. Fields suffered a foot injury before rookie minicamp and is in a walking boot.

    Schwartz’s left leg was in a sleeve, but Stefanski said he’s fine. The speedster was a third-round pick out of Auburn.

    3) CALL HIM SLASH

    Rookie sixth-round pick Demetric Felton is listed as a running back but went through receiver drills to open practice. After dropping a couple of passes in individual drills, he made a couple of nice grabs in team work.

    “Versatility is a big deal,” Stefanski said. “Demetric played running back and wide receiver previously in college. He has done both with us already. He has been in both meetings. There have been times he is a running back for that day and a wide receiver the next day.

    “It does speak to his versatility. It speaks to his ability to mentally handle that.”

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @gumby73 said:

    Rookie sixth-round pick Demetric Felton is listed as a running back but went through receiver drills to open practice. After dropping a couple of passes in individual drills, he made a couple of nice grabs in team work.

    “Versatility is a big deal,” Stefanski said. “Demetric played running back and wide receiver previously in college. He has done both with us already. He has been in both meetings. There have been times he is a running back for that day and a wide receiver the next day.

    “It does speak to his versatility. It speaks to his ability to mentally handle that.”

    That we did not do more... a lot more... of this with Duke is testimony to how stupid Flipper and Hue and Hue and Freddy were.

    Speaking of Hue.... isn't it about time for another story about how we done him wrong?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Edit: but had I gone more in on AMC stock when I did, I probably could have made enough to take a calendar year off and finish school in comfort.

    Me, too... except for the school bit...

    Only made 500%... 😁 Sold a covered Call for my last 100 shares yesterday...

    image.thumb.png.39ec333505b976b4dc5c448a8bc23eab.png

    ... but still have some BB and BBBY among other WSB favs...

    ... and an AMC put...

    image.thumb.png.52f7a5291a1035c4b98ad5376531c32b.png

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tour2ma said:

    Me, too... except for the school bit...

    Only made 500%... 😁 Sold a covered Call for my last 100 shares yesterday...

    image.thumb.png.39ec333505b976b4dc5c448a8bc23eab.png

    ... but still have some BB and BBBY among other WSB favs...

    ... and an AMC put...

    image.thumb.png.52f7a5291a1035c4b98ad5376531c32b.png

    Was looking at BB before the climb. Honestly I should have gotten into anything that produces silicon back in December.  Manufacturing stock is up slot across the board in the last 5months  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm all about being sensible to help save mother Gaia.  But my white ass ain't driving a Prius to football practice.  I'll stick with my Honda and if I want to really cut back on gas for my 10min commute, I'll take a Ducati 696, stealth grey.  Also open to other more "naked" euro bikes.   You kids can keep your expensive and stupid ass plastic fairings on your crotch rockets.

    Here is your more eco-friendly option:

    Talon 2 (2021) | Men Trail bike | Giant Bicycles United States

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is your more eco-friendly option:

    Talon 2 (2021) | Men Trail bike | Giant Bicycles United States

    We have the bike to work month out here in good old San Dee.  And although the weather is ideal...No thanks...too many uninsured reckless fools on the roads here.  
     

    We also have a few electric golf cart communities.  Slightly safer option but you aren’t going on any interstate trips with those. 
     

    Berry and Stefanski guaranteed Large SUV families - Kids and big grocery trips change everything.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Rookie sixth-round pick Demetric Felton is listed as a running back but went through receiver drills to open practice. After dropping a couple of passes in individual drills, he made a couple of nice grabs in team work.

    “Versatility is a big deal,” Stefanski said. “Demetric played running back and wide receiver previously in college. He has done both with us already. He has been in both meetings. There have been times he is a running back for that day and a wide receiver the next day.

    “It does speak to his versatility. It speaks to his ability to mentally handle that.”

    That we did not do more... a lot more... of this with Duke is testimony to how stupid Flipper and Hue and Hue and Freddy were.

    Speaking of Hue.... isn't it about time for another story about how we done him wrong?

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tour2ma said:

    That we did not do more... a lot more... of this with Duke is testimony to how stupid Flipper and Hue and Hue and Freddy were.

    Speaking of Hue.... isn't it about time for another story about how we done him wrong?

    He’s working on screwing up the Tenn St. offense and probably making some side calls to the real professional team in Tennesee.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Rookie sixth-round pick Demetric Felton is listed as a running back but went through receiver drills to open practice. After dropping a couple of passes in individual drills, he made a couple of nice grabs in team work.

    “Versatility is a big deal,” Stefanski said. “Demetric played running back and wide receiver previously in college. He has done both with us already. He has been in both meetings. There have been times he is a running back for that day and a wide receiver the next day.

    “It does speak to his versatility. It speaks to his ability to mentally handle that.”

    That we did not do more... a lot more... of this with Duke is testimony to how stupid Flipper and Hue and Hue and Freddy were.

    Speaking of Hue.... isn't it about time for another story about how we done him wrong?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    That we did not do more... a lot more... of this with Duke is testimony to how stupid Flipper and Hue and Hue and Freddy were.

    Spoke to a Falcons fan at work yesterday.. He's big on us trading Kareem Hunt for Julio Jones.? Plus our mid-rounder next season..Falcons need a feature RB in the worst way..

    How much do we like Felton & De'Ernest behind Chubby?  Julio at 32..I just can't see us adding that JJ cap number... I told him "we'll pass on that trade"