NFL ...the dark side
-
if you think this is the "dark" side of the NFL then whoah boy you've got a lot coming ...
-
if you think this is the "dark" side of the NFL then whoah boy you've got a lot coming ...
if you think this is the "dark" side of the NFL then whoah boy you've got a lot coming ...
It's the name of the show.
-
I watched this show the other night, only because it was highlighting the Browns. I thought it was done poorly, and didn't really cover as much as it should have. The one thing that struck me, was the interview with D'Qwell Jackson. I kind of liked him when he played here, but after this, he exposed himself as the loser that he really is. He stated.... not in these exact words, that he was proud to play in the NFL, but didn't really want anyone to know that he played for the Browns. Now, we've all had similar feelings at some point over the past 20+ seasons...even if we don't want to admit it. But...this is different. He's a professional football player....we're fans. I've struggled with the question many times..."How can we be sooo bad for sooo long?" It defies the law of averages. I know we've had bad coaches, bad owners and bad players, but you have to admit that there were some teams over those years that really should have done much better, with the talent they had. This D'Qwell Jackson thing answers that question....well, for me, anyway. Any player...whether rookie or veteran...coming to a new team, with that attitude has no chance to help turn the team around. The stigma that became tied to the Cleveland Browns, has determined the fate of the team since 1999. It probably wasn't that strong with the Tim Couch teams, because those teams showed some heart, but lacked talent. Once the losing set in, players like Jackson determined the fate of the team...at least subconsciously. I have to assume a lot of the players did not want to be here from their first day, and played like it. This explains away all the jinx theories, the curse theories, and the "NFL hates us" theories. We can all debate Baker Mayfield's talent and ability to turn this team around, but from what I've seen, I have to think he has not fallen into that mentality, and never will. Thank God for players like Mayfield and Jarvis Landry.
\\
I know we've had bad coaches, bad owners and bad players
It's not just specific people -- all professional athletes are extremely competitive and want to win at all times. The goal is to create a self-reinforcing upward rather than downward spiral.
This is the internal culture of any business -- are people willing to collectively realize that we are all the cause of [and can, if we all own our part, be the solution to] any problem? One model of business change management is ADKAR.. and we can almost pinpoint the dates each element went from red to green. Kind of interesting to watch as our team went from being a laughingstonk to a case study in transformation.
That was originally a typo, but I think it stays..
-
if you think this is the "dark" side of the NFL then whoah boy you've got a lot coming ...
It's the name of the show.
It's the name of the show.
He's kind of dense.
-
-
-
I have always HATED this song... GAH!!
-
I have always HATED this song... GAH!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login