Bet Buffalo...
-
And TJ just signed a mega deal soooooo
Sooooo you and many Steeler fans are happy, yay.
Bud Dupree did the dirty work, TJ got paid. Funny thing is Dupree had to flee to get paid, while Watt demanded dough while under contract (I know, he's nowhere near the 1st player to do this).
Crazy world we live in.
Sooooo you and many Steeler fans are happy, yay.
Bud Dupree did the dirty work, TJ got paid. Funny thing is Dupree had to flee to get paid, while Watt demanded dough while under contract (I know, he's nowhere near the 1st player to do this).
Crazy world we live in.
Come on man. I love Bud and hated to see him go but to imply bud did the dirty work and watt just benefitted is asinine. Absolutely they helped one a other just like every other outside backer tandem in the league. Watt is a generational talent, he's on a ridiculous pace too and he got paid for that production. You act like he forced the contract talks. It was always the plan to resign him now. Minkah next season. I enjoy it here, truly but this take is a bad one and why I don't take a bunch of you seriously.
-
Please don't force me to glance at stupid shit like this again.
You have your opinion , I have mine.
Dupree played well for 6 years in Pittsburgh, honored his contract, and had to flee to get paid.
TJ Watt played 4 years (very well), doesn't honor a contract, and gets ultra paid on a cave-in (surprisingly, given the employer).
That's stupid.
-
Sooooo you and many Steeler fans are happy, yay.
Bud Dupree did the dirty work, TJ got paid. Funny thing is Dupree had to flee to get paid, while Watt demanded dough while under contract (I know, he's nowhere near the 1st player to do this).
Crazy world we live in.
Come on man. I love Bud and hated to see him go but to imply bud did the dirty work and watt just benefitted is asinine. Absolutely they helped one a other just like every other outside backer tandem in the league. Watt is a generational talent, he's on a ridiculous pace too and he got paid for that production. You act like he forced the contract talks. It was always the plan to resign him now. Minkah next season. I enjoy it here, truly but this take is a bad one and why I don't take a bunch of you seriously.
-
-
Please don't force me to glance at stupid shit like this again.
You have your opinion , I have mine.
Dupree played well for 6 years in Pittsburgh, honored his contract, and had to flee to get paid.
TJ Watt played 4 years (very well), doesn't honor a contract, and gets ultra paid on a cave-in (surprisingly, given the employer).
That's stupid.
You have your opinion , I have mine.
Dupree played well for 6 years in Pittsburgh, honored his contract, and had to flee to get paid.
TJ Watt played 4 years (very well), doesn't honor a contract, and gets ultra paid on a cave-in (surprisingly, given the employer).
That's stupid.
I love Bud, I said this already. He didn't turn it on and truly put it together until the final two years on the team. He was raw coming out and it took him a while. Injuries didn't help. He then priced himself out of playing on the steelers with his play BECAUSE the steelers need to sign watt and Fitzpatrick. If the steelers didnt have Watt, Dupree would have been paid. You all are going to start to feel that soon too as your current roster can't be paid long term which is why it's important for teams to draft well. You have a window now so get ready to see some of this on your own team. You will then reload via the draft instead of FA.
I'm used to it as the steelers have been doing it a long time. ??
-
Cheap shot Watt needs to honor his contract.
If the Steelers cave (unlikely), he should pay Bud Dupree. Dupree is more valuable than Watt.
Stop it. Cheap shot watt? Based on what? Beyond that and really the most absurd. Dupree is more valuable than Watt? On what planet? Watt is one of the best players in the league. Dupree is good but he isn’t watt, not right now at least and likely never.
He also practiced in full today.Stop it. Cheap shot watt? Based on what? Beyond that and really the most absurd.
it's what steelers do. cheapshot. Pollymalu was a cheap shot artist in college. They took out Palmer's knee on the first drive in a playoff game years ago. Harrison.....Hines ward.....
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/01/31/playing-dirty-steelers-bring-rough-defense-to-dallas/
-
You have your opinion , I have mine.
Dupree played well for 6 years in Pittsburgh, honored his contract, and had to flee to get paid.
TJ Watt played 4 years (very well), doesn't honor a contract, and gets ultra paid on a cave-in (surprisingly, given the employer).
That's stupid.
I love Bud, I said this already. He didn't turn it on and truly put it together until the final two years on the team. He was raw coming out and it took him a while. Injuries didn't help. He then priced himself out of playing on the steelers with his play BECAUSE the steelers need to sign watt and Fitzpatrick. If the steelers didnt have Watt, Dupree would have been paid. You all are going to start to feel that soon too as your current roster can't be paid long term which is why it's important for teams to draft well. You have a window now so get ready to see some of this on your own team. You will then reload via the draft instead of FA.
I'm used to it as the steelers have been doing it a long time. ??
-
-
It's a forum. My take is as good or bad as anyone else's.
TJ was on the 5th year option his rookie deal and wanted to secure a guaranteed long term future. The kid has contended for DPOY and MVP, he provides a pass rush and TFL threat Dupree could never match. You're free to cross reference tape, stats, grades and NFL 100 ranking. The overwhelming majority of players in his position hold-out in his case. He didn't and negotiated a deal in good faith. It's about as honorable as you can get. Incredibly similar to how Myles did it.
Ignorance and short sightedness is not as valuable as someone else's knowledge or naunced insight. So, no... Your take is demonstratably garbage.
If you shout that the earth is flat then you have that right. But others have the right to tell you that you're a fucking Retard as well.
-
It's a forum. My take is as good or bad as anyone else's.
TJ was on the 5th year option his rookie deal and wanted to secure a guaranteed long term future. The kid has contended for DPOY and MVP, he provides a pass rush and TFL threat Dupree could never match. You're free to cross reference tape, stats, grades and NFL 100 ranking. The overwhelming majority of players in his position hold-out in his case. He didn't and negotiated a deal in good faith. It's about as honorable as you can get. Incredibly similar to how Myles did it.
Ignorance and short sightedness is not as valuable as someone else's knowledge or naunced insight. So, no... Your take is demonstratably garbage.
If you shout that the earth is flat then you have that right. But others have the right to tell you that you're a fucking Retard as well.
He didn't and negotiated a deal in good faith.
Good faith? Riding a bike at practice, while your team mates are busting their butts during training camp. Under contract & wanting more $$. That's not good faith to me, but yeah, I'm a "Retard."
But others have the right to tell you that you're a fucking Retard as well.
Who shit in your Cornflakes? Wow.
-
Myles Garrett is on a inexpensive contract, aye? Or you are against that too?
Myles & the Browns reached an agreement ( last year, I think) on an extension. He agreed to the terms, never threatened to hold out, etc. So no, I've got no gripes there at all.
He was compensated well. Of course, other players at that position will look at the deal and use it as a comparison to get paid. That's how things roll in just about any sport.
-
He didn't and negotiated a deal in good faith.
Good faith? Riding a bike at practice, while your team mates are busting their butts during training camp. Under contract & wanting more $$. That's not good faith to me, but yeah, I'm a "Retard."
But others have the right to tell you that you're a fucking Retard as well.
Who shit in your Cornflakes? Wow.
He didn't and negotiated a deal in good faith.
Good faith? Riding a bike at practice, while your team mates are busting their butts during training camp. Under contract & wanting more $$. That's not good faith to me, but yeah, I'm a "Retard."
But others have the right to tell you that you're a fucking Retard as well.
Who shit in your Cornflakes? Wow.
Participant in team workouts, position and 1 on 1 drills, walkthroughs, team meetings but held out on full contact. A decision likely endorsed by the coaches. And zero issue being that he knows the defense and is a proven player. Really no different than veteran rest days.
Maybe you don't get it, when people say dumb shit, it should bother EVERYBODY.
-
Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).
-
Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).
Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).
The defensive improvement under Dan Quin alone should have been enough to chase people off a 9 point spread last night. But folks went heavy on Tampa. They're a great team, possibly historic in the sense of their complete talent and ability to win in all sorts of ways.
But the Dallas roster has had talent for several years. It has just been wildly miss-used.
-
Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).
Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).
Brady isn't over the hill, but BB is. Give the points and take the Buffs.
-
Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).
The defensive improvement under Dan Quin alone should have been enough to chase people off a 9 point spread last night. But folks went heavy on Tampa. They're a great team, possibly historic in the sense of their complete talent and ability to win in all sorts of ways.
But the Dallas roster has had talent for several years. It has just been wildly miss-used.
The defensive improvement under Dan Quin alone should have been enough to chase people off a 9 point spread last night. But folks went heavy on Tampa. They're a great team, possibly historic in the sense of their complete talent and ability to win in all sorts of ways.
But the Dallas roster has had talent for several years. It has just been wildly miss-used.
To me Tampa looked shaky in the secondary, too. Obviously Dallas felt that way too with Dak throwing 58 times with strong success overall. Don't disagree though overall, crazy how much talent is on that roster. AB, Godwin, and Evans could all easily be WR1 on another team (AB a weak WR1, but his route running is still elite).
Brady isn't over the hill, but BB is. Give the points and take the Buffs.
I guess we'll see. I can't for the life of me find the source, but listening to a sports radio thing about betting they highlighted the insane amount of times games get back door covered at more than a TD OR games are won by 13+. It's a really interesting middle ground of games not being decided by 8-12 points. Again, at -6.5 I'd still be going Buffalo. But the spread even hit +8 in some cases where I'd take Pitt to get underneath (or at) at TD.
-
The defensive improvement under Dan Quin alone should have been enough to chase people off a 9 point spread last night. But folks went heavy on Tampa. They're a great team, possibly historic in the sense of their complete talent and ability to win in all sorts of ways.
But the Dallas roster has had talent for several years. It has just been wildly miss-used.
To me Tampa looked shaky in the secondary, too. Obviously Dallas felt that way too with Dak throwing 58 times with strong success overall. Don't disagree though overall, crazy how much talent is on that roster. AB, Godwin, and Evans could all easily be WR1 on another team (AB a weak WR1, but his route running is still elite).
Brady isn't over the hill, but BB is. Give the points and take the Buffs.
I guess we'll see. I can't for the life of me find the source, but listening to a sports radio thing about betting they highlighted the insane amount of times games get back door covered at more than a TD OR games are won by 13+. It's a really interesting middle ground of games not being decided by 8-12 points. Again, at -6.5 I'd still be going Buffalo. But the spread even hit +8 in some cases where I'd take Pitt to get underneath (or at) at TD.
To me Tampa looked shaky in the secondary, too. Obviously Dallas felt that way too with Dak throwing 58 times with strong success overall. Don't disagree though overall, crazy how much talent is on that roster. AB, Godwin, and Evans could all easily be WR1 on another team (AB a weak WR1, but his route running is still elite).
I guess we'll see. I can't for the life of me find the source, but listening to a sports radio thing about betting they highlighted the insane amount of times games get back door covered at more than a TD OR games are won by 13+. It's a really interesting middle ground of games not being decided by 8-12 points. Again, at -6.5 I'd still be going Buffalo. But the spread even hit +8 in some cases where I'd take Pitt to get underneath (or at) at TD.
Agreed on the spread. I'm good at 6.5.
Push at 7 and beyond? Nah, I'm alright.
-
Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).
Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).
Look I'm obviously a diehard but I'm not unrealistic. People are full tilt sleeping on the Steelers. Currently the offensive line is the biggest wildcard but they are hungry. Yes I know, easy for me to say but two of our rookies got into it with Heyward at practice on multiple occasions because they are going so hard. Green and Moore. If the line is just better than last year the Steelers are going to do a lot of damage. Ben looks really good and camp/practice reports are backing it up.
Our local media likes to fry the shit out of all the local teams so it's not a matter of fake hype either. Ben looks 10 years younger from a biomechanics stand point. Now just look at the weapons on each side of the ball and try to logically arrive at how or why the steelers will be bad. Randy fichtner is also gone and he was horrific. I guess we are going to find out but people sleeping on the steelers no matter the result on Sunday are being short sighted or just assuming Ben is done. (He isn't)
-
Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).
Brady isn't over the hill, but BB is. Give the points and take the Buffs.
Brady isn't over the hill, but BB is. Give the points and take the Buffs.
Big Ben isn't over the hill. Legit just go watch the limited time he played in the preseason, specifically the play where he scrambled in the backfield and found ebron. The defender made a good play and ebron dropped it. ?
Everyone is also quick to forget the dude avulsed tendons from his elbow. He wasn't all the way back last season which is why they threw a ton of short stuff to compensate for the lack of a run game. He's a additional season removed from that AND he has a stud in Harris. Big Ben is going to show in a hurry he isn't over the hill. The wildcard is health over the course of the season.
-
And to bobs previous points. TJ Watt also ignored his agents who believed he could get more money, he probably could have and he went to see Art II and said they have a deal. He did everything right with his contract negotiations as one of the best players barring none in the NFL.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login