Skip to content

Ultimatum Time

The Browns Board
218 62 13.1k
  • Hoorta,

    when you put it that way....what the hell. Lums will disappear one day, if he doesn't so what. Did I mention I heart boobs....?

  • cheers hoorta.....

    dont feed the trolls...they starve and go look for food elsewhere.

  • That is what I have been saying.

    And who is Tom V??

  • Browns football is, like, the greatest thing out there. There is NOTHING I enjoy more in life than sitting on the sofa getting ready to watch the game. And living/growing up where I do/did, I am/was like the only Browns fan I knew, so it was pretty much me reading box scores/articles/whatever after the games and hoping we'd get a little blurb or highlight on ESPN I could rally around...I didn't have other Browns fans to commiserate and talk shit with.

    That's why a place like this, in theory, is great. We come from all over the globe and can talk about our favorite thing with other folks who also find it to be their favorite thing. Great, right? Who better to complain to about a shitty coaching decision or play than someone who feels as passionately about it as you do? Who better to talk about the upcoming draft than with people who care about who the Browns might pick than someone who is as excited about it as you are? Who better to exalt in the joys of winning (well, if that ever happens...) than someone who cares about it as much as you do?

    Well, this place isn't that. It is a place currently being overrun by someone who doesn't give a shit about OUR team. Whether it is a real person or not at this point doesn't even concern me. The fact is that "thing" is ruining this community and everyone knows it. I originally signed up and joined this place because I truly found it to be the best place to talk browns football with like-minded fans. This is, sadly, no longer the case.

    I can get Browns news elsewhere. And there would be a great deal of folks I'd miss chatting with if I were to no longer visit. But, you know what? If the powers that be decide to not banish the Lumbergh person/character/puppet/alter ego/whatever, you can go ahead and delete my account. The choice is in your hands, but please take action one way or another. Call me a pussy, a fag, whatever. I don't care. I'm taking a stand for a place that used to be great and has now become a childish pit of suckitude. I have plenty of other places where I can waste my time without being pulled around by marionette strings/having every single conversation destroyed by one asshole/puppet. I think many of us have had enough.

    Mike

    mz. said:

    Browns football is, like, the greatest thing out there. There is NOTHING I enjoy more in life than sitting on the sofa getting ready to watch the game. And living/growing up where I do/did, I am/was like the only Browns fan I knew, so it was pretty much me reading box scores/articles/whatever after the games and hoping we'd get a little blurb or highlight on ESPN I could rally around...I didn't have other Browns fans to commiserate and talk shit with.

    That's why a place like this, in theory, is great. We come from all over the globe and can talk about our favorite thing with other folks who also find it to be their favorite thing. Great, right? Who better to complain to about a shitty coaching decision or play than someone who feels as passionately about it as you do? Who better to talk about the upcoming draft than with people who care about who the Browns might pick than someone who is as excited about it as you are? Who better to exalt in the joys of winning (well, if that ever happens...) than someone who cares about it as much as you do?

    Well, this place isn't that. It is a place currently being overrun by someone who doesn't give a shit about OUR team. Whether it is a real person or not at this point doesn't even concern me. The fact is that "thing" is ruining this community and everyone knows it. I originally signed up and joined this place because I truly found it to be the best place to talk Browns football with like-minded fans. This is, sadly, no longer the case.

    Mike

    Mike, I enjoy your presence around here. You get into the mix on alot of subjects and enhance the quality. You also have GREAT taste in pro and COLLEGE teams. Who else on this PLANET likes SU? God bless ya!

    Don't let the Lummy stuff stand in your way of enjoying this place. The LEADER of this board did a great thing for all of us by starting it up. Our old board was gay and controlled by somebody that liked handing out adult timeouts and TOS violations. It was like we had this enormous penalty box and all the interesting fans were in it. She wanted positive rah rahs and Oprah-level entertainment on HER board. The problem with that is our fanbase has too many Alpha Dawgs in the Pound to make such a thing realistic. Therefore, Skippy had an epiphany one day when he was playing hooky from work watching re-runs of Jerry Springer. The light went on - a new board was started. We say this ALL the time because it's vital to HOW MUCH you can enjoy this place - SKIP topics you don't have quality time for. I'm taking a break from the Loverboy stuff I've fed and perpetuated. It just exceeded my comprehension lately when people started talking puppets and an imaginary DA fan.

    Here's what brings me back to this board daily, weekly, monthy and annually:

    1) If I want Fantasy Football - I can join any or all of the 5-6 leagues it produced.

    2) If I want to do the Pro Pick em Leagues - I can.

    3) If I want news and ONLY news - I choose the topic I want to read.

    4) If I want to talk college football - I can.

    5) If I want to learn more about the draft - I've got Alo and others giving me the best stuff in existence.

    6) If I had a tough day at work or the Junkyard Dawg (formerly known as the Warden) confuses me with rent a kid - I don't have to hold that stuff hostage. I just click on the subject that looks like moshpit potential and have some fun.

    7) There's ALWAYS tons of info being exchanged on this board: Dan in Florida let's us know when the NFL Channel shows the next game and how to meetup in the Tavern. Meanwhile Shep is constantly feeding us info to discuss. You may not LIKE all his opinions but the guy delivers the mail without postage expenses every day.

    😎 You like tailgating? The LEADER of this board has introduced quite a few of us over the years and guys like Roach are invaluable to planning and facilitating each and every outing.

    9) The board is GROWING and there's expenses the leader pays we never see or hear about.

    10) Just out of curiosity - has anyone ever THANKED our Moderators in here for VOLUNTEERING their time and keeing this board from getting limp-wristed? I'm GLAD they ALLOW us to de-arm Steeler fan by ruining their fun with reminders of steroids and a False Glory non-fiction story. If that's too tough for other message boards - then it's just right for this one.

    11) I visited other boards where they treat their members like little kids in the rules they live by. "Can everyone thank little Jimmy for blowing BOTH QBs? Can we get our 3 Amens to close the thread?" I was like WTF? I PROMISE that's more fantasy world than Loverboy's existence.

    12) Above all, it's the SUM of outrageous loyal fanatics I share a common bond with. There's no better way to await this elusive journey to the promise land.

    Hang in there man because we're just a couple weeks from opening kickoff.

    - Tom F. (2009: The Browns are Ready to Kickoff & Kickass!)

  • Great post, Fluges.

    I think of this place like an internet-world-version of Cheers. It's a place to hangout and shoot the breeze and enjoy the characters as much as the discussion.

    And like any bar, there are going to be guys you don't like and wish weren't there or would just shut up. There's loud, know-it-all guys (the Cliffs) and there's annoying what-the-hell-are-you-doing-here? guys (the Frasiers) and though you might not want to hear those guys on certain days, they still make the place Cheers.

    So, yeah, Lumbergh is annoying and may or may not be just a character (or caricature, which is more likely). So what? Many of us dip into character (and caricature) every once in a while ourselves. It's the INTERWEBS, man! It's just a twisted reflection of real life, not the actual real thing!

    And like Tom said, the characters here is what makes this the ONLY board I visit: it's fun, and funny, and lively and always interesting.

    So, yeah, Lum is a drag. In my vision of our Browns Board Cheers, he's the immature 20-something who stumbled into a really cool bar and desperately wants to fit in but only knows how to get attention by being annoying. Like a lot of people, he figures negative attention is better than no attention. Think of Cliff at age 27 before he figured out to cool it a little -- that's Lumbergh.

    So, Mike, you -- and anyone else with wisdom and maturity -- should know that "this too shall pass". And once real football starts, Lum will either get onboard, follow DA when he's gone or piss off so many people who will be talking about BROWNS football and not just the QB that he'll eventually get booted.

    In the meantime, relax, grab another beer and continue to laugh at our resident baby Cliff.

  • @danamal said:

    mz the pussy,

    I like you and all but if you cant ignore one Retard you should take a break,I understand your point but he's a Retard why let him get under your skin?

    I agree mz the pussy, take a break...browse though the Rock-N-Roll thread. I just posted a new topic in it πŸ˜‰ Whether we have a winning or losing record, this year is going to be exciting, I can't wait to see the new defense in action in the regular season. I just love the way Mangini is running this team right now, I want to see how this season plays out.

  • Thanks for the responses, guys.

    We all have our distinct views on what's happened/what's going on.

    I just urge the mods to think about how much better, win OR lose, reflecting/discussing/analyzing/preparing for the game would be without the aforementioned distraction. If this behavior happened in a bar, I think it's sage to say he'd be up shit's creek. Since I'm sure no real discussion is possible unless EVERYONE ignores it, I'm going to opt for enjoyng the football season insteadof having to argue with some troll who is not only NOT a fan of the team but gets inbetween us fans and our discussions.

    I am on a couple of other message boards, and there is nothing that approximates Lumbergh. Not even close.

    It frankly saddens me that Stan et al don't see it this way. It's shocking; it's a mystery to me. How much better of a place this is (the best), how much better the discussion and debate is and, call me a fag if you like, the comroderie/togetherness is without just ONE solitary asshat who isn't even a Browns fan. This isn't even a question in my mind. But I'm not the owner here, I'm merely a visitor, so I guess the owner wins out. Which is fine. The idea of keeping someone here who is detrimental to the quality of this place (this is not debatable) is a decision I'll never understand but will nevertheless abide by.

  • you guys are taking the internet WAY too seriously

  • All great points everyone....There are some of us who have been together since before '99, when there wasn't even a Browns team to watch on Sundays yet here we all were talking and arguing about college players who wouldn't be drafted for 2 years.

    That's the reason why I'm struggling to stay away from the opening game. I really shouldn't spend the money, but I can't stay away from the 10 year anniversary of the group getting together.

    As others have said....when Lums and the other trolls get to be too much...stay away for a couple days or ignore what he says. The key thing to remember is that he's not a Browns fan. He's a Derek Anderson fan and if Quinn starts and plays well, there won't be much for lumpdick to say.

  • So basically what I hear a lot of you guys saying is that since Lums will not debate you on YOUR terms.. he should be banned. Because Lums will not see things YOUR way...he should be banned. Because lums is absolutely blind to the deficiencies DA has..he should be banned... because Lums will not answer your questions the way YOU want him to... he should be banned...

    What kind of fascist attitude is this.. America is strong because we allow people to be different and have differing views and opinions. I realize all to well this board is not a democracy.. But you guys act like Lums is sneaking into your house and molesting your daughter.. Good grief.. Quitcher whining.. This post is unbelievable. Your Browns fans.. You should be used to a little adversity in your life by now. Grow a pair and get over it.

  • Anyone know who's starting tonight?

  • I heard that itll be brady, but they are splitting the first half.

  • Larry, i wouldn't start deleting Lum's work. A well placed reminder that Quinn got punched in the face by a teammate can be pretty funny every once in a while. Some can't keep up with his wit, others are just disgusted with his existence. i think he provides a health element to the Board.

    Besides, he doesn't normally pollute all the threads- just the QB ones.

  • As much as I dislike Lumburg and his blind love for DA, I dont think he should be banned. He has the right to his opinion, and yes, I know he relentlessly calls everyone BQ fags, and yes I know that he is troll like and hijacks threads, even I am guilty for feeding him and dissing him, but the fact of the matter is that he has the right to post here since he is a fan of a Browns player. If he calls you a Quinn fag, just ignore it, and dont recognize it, when we create threads like this and respond to his insults were just fueling the fire, most of the time his arguments arent logical, but from time to time he brings up good points.

    Remember, every place we go, theres an asshole, Lumburg is our asshole, but we cant ban him, we need him here to keep things level, it gives us something to do, he causes more people to post.

    Plus, I want to see what he says when Quinn is named the starter...

    My vote is to keep Lumburg here

  • as a moderator, I have in fact done some deleting of posts when they are out of context of the thread...and that is not just Lumbergh. So, in that arena, because Lumbergh is not the only one that gets deleted when out of context (hi-jacking a thread) I don't have any problems with doing so to him as well.

    Honesty, for some reason or another I think Lumbergh has actually been given more rope than most to hang himself. I think it is exactly the reason that many of us like trotting out our supposed 'wealth of knowledge' as to why Lumbergh is wrong. Many actually enjoy thinking we are 'owning' the Lumbergh.

    With that said, any talk of banning is ridiculous. He is obnoxious at times, but isn't threatening, does normally keep his posts limited to the threads about QB's...and actually does at times add information that many don't know about DA.

    So, I guess my point is this....Lumbergh is more than welcome in my mind on this board. He can and does add something (even if it is only comic relief at times). However, he does need to try and curtail the name calling thing. Not everyone who expresses a difference in opinion needs to be lumped in as a BQ f** or whatever.

    I have expressed this opinion to Lumbergh, and I hope that he respects that and we can go forward with our core of great posters AND Lumbergh for as long as he wishes to be here and contribute.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Sounds cool enough. We'll see how it goes. I'm putting him back on ignore.

    I truly hope it improves for the sake of everyone here.

    That being said, go Browns, and I'll be popping my head in the tavern sporadically on gamedays just to see what's what.

    Thanks, y'all.

  • @danamal said:

    Shep aint goin anywhere.

    Look at his post count,this board is his life.

    I think that’s the problem with some of these guys, they spend so much time on here that it’s making them crazy.

    Shut the computer off for a minute and go get some ass!

    You are making this place look like a whine ass steeler forum.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Oh, dear God. My teenage son's stupidest friends just found the board.

    you are who you hang out with. i wouldnt tell anybody if i was you. like the apple didnt fall to far from the tree thing.

    Anyone who is still feeling "in the dark" about the Limbergher character, it's because you didn't really read Flugel's post in this thread. Try reading it again. This time actually read it.

    Limbergher isn't the only puppet to stop by this thread:

    @herman-m said:

    you are who you hang out with. i wouldnt tell anybody if i was you. like the apple didnt fall to far from the tree thing.

    Steeler SChuck said:

    The Browns Board is thick with drama, I see.

    Truth is, mz the pussy wants to back out of our bet. He's wising up and realizes the stains are a 4-win team this year.

    Smart man.

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

    Wow. Look at the page views.

    Don't be suckers.

    Learn how to use "Ignore." Ignore is a verb, by the way.

    Don't be afraid to punch the punching bag from time to time. (If you're not using ignore.)

    The next puppet we'll see will probably be Zohan. πŸ˜†

    Perhaps some of you should post some links to schizophrenia support groups for the puppet master.

  • Hoorta,

    when you put it that way....what the hell. Lums will disappear one day, if he doesn't so what. Did I mention I heart boobs....?

    88fingerslewy said:

    Hoorta,

    when you put it that way....what the hell. Lums will disappear one day, if he doesn't so what. Did I mention I heart boobs....?

    Stop it. You're just changing the subject.

    boobs-adult-gifs10.gifπŸ˜›

  • So basically what I hear a lot of you guys saying is that since Lums will not debate you on YOUR terms.. he should be banned. Because Lums will not see things YOUR way...he should be banned. Because lums is absolutely blind to the deficiencies DA has..he should be banned... because Lums will not answer your questions the way YOU want him to... he should be banned...

    What kind of fascist attitude is this.. America is strong because we allow people to be different and have differing views and opinions. I realize all to well this board is not a democracy.. But you guys act like Lums is sneaking into your house and molesting your daughter.. Good grief.. Quitcher whining.. This post is unbelievable. Your Browns fans.. You should be used to a little adversity in your life by now. Grow a pair and get over it.

    @sez.ej said:

    So basically what I hear a lot of you guys saying is that since Lums will not debate you on YOUR terms.. he should be banned. Because Lums will not see things YOUR way...he should be banned. Because lums is absolutely blind to the deficiencies DA has..he should be banned... because Lums will not answer your questions the way YOU want him to... he should be banned...

    What kind of fascist attitude is this.. America is strong because we allow people to be different and have differing views and opinions. I realize all to well this board is not a democracy.. But you guys act like Lums is sneaking into your house and molesting your daughter.. Good grief.. Quitcher whining.. This post is unbelievable. Your Browns fans.. You should be used to a little adversity in your life by now. Grow a pair and get over it.

    I completely disagree with this assessment of the Lumberg situation. If he was only defending DA, or only bashing Quinn it might be possible to ignore, or even tolerable to an extent. What he does is hijack the content of the thread and pollutes the board with whatever insult he just learned from an email forward.

    To give a non QB example so as to illustrate my (and many's) point.

    • Say we were discussing Jarron Gilbert jumping out of the pool on youtube. There would be talk of explosion and strength, and as normal discussion progresses, most members could visualize how that kind of "stunt" could translate to explosiveness on the football field. Or could argue that it might provide forward burst only & his lateral movement could be compromised. You know, adult stuff.

    Lumberg has entered the room:

    "Yeah, well how many TD's does jumping out of a pool score? Zero!! Hahaha!!1"

    and scene.

    What in the fcuk does that bring to the table other than to disrupt?

    And I'll leave you and anyone else that feels that he brings some sort of balance to the QB debate, or some entertainment value, with my last thoughts on the matter:

    When a poster like Jason J (the only member on the board with more "thanks" than posts) has to waste one of his valuable, few and far between posts addressing the ridiculousness of the situation, you have a problem.