Skip to content

Coleman company customer service story

Barber Shop Talk
3 3 514 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #1

    So, on our two week and 3 days of going around out west, one night in Neb a mean storm hit overnight, high winds, pulled up two of our tent stakes.

    Broke a plastic swivel piece. The tent is older than a year (3 years) and replacement parts are no longer available.

    So, I called. They had me send pics of the part and model number bar code. Then they sent us a brand new tent - but our 8 person was not in stock.

    So, they sent us a ten person version of the same updated, redesigned instant tent.

    The new tent came later that week. We put it up in our living room - and one of the poles was manufactured wrong, and I called them back.

    I explained the problem with the new tent! And they had me send the pics of the model bar code and the pole that was wrongly (permanently) put together.

        And...

    they are sending us another brand new 10 person tent.

    That is class customer service. They said we can keep the other new tent. I think not many companies work that excellently with customers.

    Well, I do have excellent people skills.....

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Wow nice story !

    BTW yesterday we just let our neighbor borrow our about 40++ (?) year old big red Coleman cooler while he's fixing his refrigerator.  Oh the picnics and whatever it's seen.

    Good quality Coleman stuff.

  • So, on our two week and 3 days of going around out west, one night in Neb a mean storm hit overnight, high winds, pulled up two of our tent stakes.

    Broke a plastic swivel piece. The tent is older than a year (3 years) and replacement parts are no longer available.

    So, I called. They had me send pics of the part and model number bar code. Then they sent us a brand new tent - but our 8 person was not in stock.

    So, they sent us a ten person version of the same updated, redesigned instant tent.

    The new tent came later that week. We put it up in our living room - and one of the poles was manufactured wrong, and I called them back.

    I explained the problem with the new tent! And they had me send the pics of the model bar code and the pole that was wrongly (permanently) put together.

        And...

    they are sending us another brand new 10 person tent.

    That is class customer service. They said we can keep the other new tent. I think not many companies work that excellently with customers.

    Well, I do have excellent people skills.....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @calfoxwc said:

    Coleman Company

    I lived in Wichita, Kansas a couple of years and Coleman was one of the biggest company employers there along with several airplane manufacturers. Not surprised they still have that mid-western sense of making things right when they get it wrong. Tents, lanterns, ice chests, etc. Excellent products from a fine company.