Skip to content

Baker and OBJ

The Browns Board
60 21 2.2k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    I believe JRB is agreeing with your assessment here, not disagreeing. 

    He is, but he is also assuming that those who simply fart out that "Baker is better off without OBJ" did their own research. Which I find to be questionable to say the least. 

    @nero said:

    He is, but he is also assuming that those who simply fart out that "Baker is better off without OBJ" did their own research. Which I find to be questionable to say the least. 

    To be sure, I meant that extremely sarcastically a la the world around us. 

  • @nero said:

    He is, but he is also assuming that those who simply fart out that "Baker is better off without OBJ" did their own research. Which I find to be questionable to say the least. 

    To be sure, I meant that extremely sarcastically a la the world around us. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    To be sure, I meant that extremely sarcastically a la the world around us. 

    Then I misunderstood the sarcasm, my bad. 

  • Articulate how this is a stupid ass thread. I can go through each game with and without OBJ, and there is a drastic difference in Baker's performance. I mean if you can explain the night and day difference of Baker, be my guest.

    @luke8878 said:

    Articulate how this is a stupid ass thread. I can go through each game with and without OBJ, and there is a drastic difference in Baker's performance. I mean if you can explain the night and day difference of Baker, be my guest.

    pay no attention to that man behind the curtain....he's a fucking moron.....and he should be deleted from this board....

  • @luke8878 said:

    Articulate how this is a stupid ass thread. I can go through each game with and without OBJ, and there is a drastic difference in Baker's performance. I mean if you can explain the night and day difference of Baker, be my guest.

    pay no attention to that man behind the curtain....he's a fucking moron.....and he should be deleted from this board....

    @browns52 said:

    pay no attention to that man behind the curtain....he's a fucking moron.....and he should be deleted from this board....

    Nah, he's entitled to his opinion, even if it's wrong. Others have said the same. Thinking Baker suddenly turns into a Halloween pumpkin just because OBJ  is on the field is a gross oversimplification. 

  • How many games have we lost when Baker/OBJ are both playing?

  • Baker is average at best as a NFL starting QB.

  • Baker is average at best as a NFL starting QB.

    @falcon7 said:

    Baker is average at best as a NFL starting QB.

    Ahh an Average QB that led us to 11-5 and a trip to the playoffs.. Stop while you're barely ahead...

  • How many games have we lost when Baker/OBJ are both playing?

    @comeonman said:

    How many games have we lost when Baker/OBJ are both playing?

    FWIW...

    Image  

    @eastsidedawg said:

    its a baker mayfield problem not an OBJ problem.

    agreed! Baker targeted 9 different receivers Sunday..Higgins & OBJ both saw 7 to lead team..  Like Baker, we miss not seeing Landry in those huddles on Sunday's 

  • I think we can all agree with gumby that the One True Problem with this offense has always been Landry.

    It's almost never true that a person is a problem. It actually shows that the person/account/sockpuppet doing the asserting of a "person" being a problem is themselves not interested in diving deep enough to discover the actual problem for any of a number of reasons.  Are they too lazy? Do they already have the solution in mind and are working backwards to support their conclusion?

    In order to determine a solution, first we have to agree on what the problem is that we're trying to solve ---- and in EVERY SINGLE ONE of these stupid OBJ/Baker threads, "the issue" is ever-changing.. much like trying to pin jello to a wall.

    *Why are we certain we've reached the root cause? Have you asked the reason "why" to drive to root cause enough?

    [EX: Why does Baker lock in? Because of pressure. So.. Why is there pressure? Because of Wills' sprained ankle. So.. Why is Wills still playing when he has a sprained ankle?   See how we got to the "root" cause being Wills in this line of thinking?  That's not the only potential root.]

    *What are all the potential root causes that have been identified?

    Next, data.

    *What's the data to include?  How do we know we're looking at everything? Is there anything more that could be included?

    *How many people have you talked to so that you can be sure you're including all the possible ways to look at that data?

    *what are ALL the possible ways that data can be analyzed?  This does, in fact, ask the methodology to use.

    Note that we still haven't even proposed a solution.  Still analyzing.

    Now that we've done ALL of this, ONLY NOW do we even start trying to combine data with those potential root causes... And this is done so that your data addresses and solves the ACTUAL underlying problem.  It should not shock anyone that the tendency of People Who Think They're Smart to jump right to the solution because They Just Know is... More often than not simply wrong.

  • Can we start a Baker/Harrison Bryant thread too?  He’s missed two cupcakes to Bryant in the past two weeks.   Maybe there are chemistry issues there too? 


    Look no further than here…You would have a hard time finding a better situation for a QB right now.  
     

    1. Great play caller

    2. QB friendly scheme

    3. Running game to support the offense

    4 Elite Offensive line to protect.

    5. Diverse skill sets with pass catchers (possession, top busters, big bodied TEs, the best pass catching screen running back in the NFL).

  • Everyone here has a excellent view/point/opinion/facts that support their beliefs. The thought Baker was better off without OBJ crept into my head past year, but I really didn't over analyze it. But after the first 2 games this year without OBJ and 2 games with him, there is a difference in Baker's play when OBJ is out there. I don't have a clue as to what causes it, I'll admit to that, I just notice a unsure/indecisive Baker. I'm  not saying get rid of Baker, he sucks, just a observation he is a different QB with OBJ.

  • Everyone here has a excellent view/point/opinion/facts that support their beliefs. The thought Baker was better off without OBJ crept into my head past year, but I really didn't over analyze it. But after the first 2 games this year without OBJ and 2 games with him, there is a difference in Baker's play when OBJ is out there. I don't have a clue as to what causes it, I'll admit to that, I just notice a unsure/indecisive Baker. I'm  not saying get rid of Baker, he sucks, just a observation he is a different QB with OBJ.

    @luke8878 said:

    Everyone here has a excellent view/point/opinion/facts that support their beliefs. The thought Baker was better off without OBJ crept into my head past year, but I really didn't over analyze it. But after the first 2 games this year without OBJ and 2 games with him, there is a difference in Baker's play when OBJ is out there. I don't have a clue as to what causes it, I'll admit to that, I just notice a unsure/indecisive Baker. I'm. It saying get rid of Baker, he sucks, just a observation he is a different QB with OBJ.

    It's called OBJ yappin in Bakers ear.. And Baker trying to appease his friend more or less...

  • I think we can all agree with gumby that the One True Problem with this offense has always been Landry.

    It's almost never true that a person is a problem. It actually shows that the person/account/sockpuppet doing the asserting of a "person" being a problem is themselves not interested in diving deep enough to discover the actual problem for any of a number of reasons.  Are they too lazy? Do they already have the solution in mind and are working backwards to support their conclusion?

    In order to determine a solution, first we have to agree on what the problem is that we're trying to solve ---- and in EVERY SINGLE ONE of these stupid OBJ/Baker threads, "the issue" is ever-changing.. much like trying to pin jello to a wall.

    *Why are we certain we've reached the root cause? Have you asked the reason "why" to drive to root cause enough?

    [EX: Why does Baker lock in? Because of pressure. So.. Why is there pressure? Because of Wills' sprained ankle. So.. Why is Wills still playing when he has a sprained ankle?   See how we got to the "root" cause being Wills in this line of thinking?  That's not the only potential root.]

    *What are all the potential root causes that have been identified?

    Next, data.

    *What's the data to include?  How do we know we're looking at everything? Is there anything more that could be included?

    *How many people have you talked to so that you can be sure you're including all the possible ways to look at that data?

    *what are ALL the possible ways that data can be analyzed?  This does, in fact, ask the methodology to use.

    Note that we still haven't even proposed a solution.  Still analyzing.

    Now that we've done ALL of this, ONLY NOW do we even start trying to combine data with those potential root causes... And this is done so that your data addresses and solves the ACTUAL underlying problem.  It should not shock anyone that the tendency of People Who Think They're Smart to jump right to the solution because They Just Know is... More often than not simply wrong.

    @unsympathetic said:

    I think we can all agree with gumby that the One True Problem with this offense has always been Landry.

    It's almost never true that a person is a problem. It actually shows that the person/account/sockpuppet doing the asserting of a "person" being a problem is themselves not interested in diving deep enough to discover the actual problem for any of a number of reasons.  Are they too lazy? Do they already have the solution in mind and are working backwards to support their conclusion?

    In order to determine a solution, first we have to agree on what the problem is that we're trying to solve ---- and in EVERY SINGLE ONE of these stupid OBJ/Baker threads, "the issue" is ever-changing.. much like trying to pin jello to a wall.

    *Why are we certain we've reached the root cause? Have you asked the reason "why" to drive to root cause enough?

    [EX: Why does Baker lock in? Because of pressure. So.. Why is there pressure? Because of Wills' sprained ankle. So.. Why is Wills still playing when he has a sprained ankle?   See how we got to the "root" cause being Wills in this line of thinking?  That's not the only potential root.]

    *What are all the potential root causes that have been identified?

    Next, data.

    *What's the data to include?  How do we know we're looking at everything? Is there anything more that could be included?

    *How many people have you talked to so that you can be sure you're including all the possible ways to look at that data?

    *what are ALL the possible ways that data can be analyzed?  This does, in fact, ask the methodology to use.

    Note that we still haven't even proposed a solution.  Still analyzing.

    Now that we've done ALL of this, ONLY NOW do we even start trying to combine data with those potential root causes... And this is done so that your data addresses and solves the ACTUAL underlying problem.  It should not shock anyone that the tendency of People Who Think They're Smart to jump right to the solution because They Just Know is... More often than not simply wrong.

    Thanks, a wonderfully well thought out analysis. Pretty sure Stefanski has a pretty good handle on the root causes of the problem.  🙂

    Baker did look more rattled than usual Sunday. Frustration over lousy passing bubbling over, the result being- making bad decisions. Not tossing the ball to a wide open Felton for an easy first down and running instead being the worst example. 

  • There are more positions on the field QB and WR,,,

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/10/baker-mayfield-is-getting-worse-under-pressure-and-its-not-a-new-trend.html

    Our OL is not living up to its billing and a buzz saw awaits us in LAC...

  • There are more positions on the field QB and WR,,,

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/10/baker-mayfield-is-getting-worse-under-pressure-and-its-not-a-new-trend.html

    Our OL is not living up to its billing and a buzz saw awaits us in LAC...

    @tour2ma said:

    There are more positions on the field QB and WR,,,

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/10/baker-mayfield-is-getting-worse-under-pressure-and-its-not-a-new-trend.html

    Our OL is not living up to its billing and a buzz saw awaits us in LAC...

    This is what I was going to write about, good call Tour. If you remember Baker's 2nd year, he wasn't as good. Partially because of the long routes Kitchens favored, but also because he got sacked a million times. I'm wondering if Baker is simply rattled? 

  • LoOk gUyS i PlAy mAdDeN. AND I  CAN TELL YOU OBJ IS BALLIN IN MADDEN SO ITS BAKER'S FAULT AND REAL OBJS  FAULT.  THEY SHOULD PERFORM MORE LIKE THEIR STATISTICAL APPROXIMATIONS.

  • LoOk gUyS i PlAy mAdDeN. AND I  CAN TELL YOU OBJ IS BALLIN IN MADDEN SO ITS BAKER'S FAULT AND REAL OBJS  FAULT.  THEY SHOULD PERFORM MORE LIKE THEIR STATISTICAL APPROXIMATIONS.

    @gunnergatski said:

    LoOk gUyS i PlAy mAdDeN. AND I  CAN TELL YOU OBJ IS BALLIN IN MADDEN SO ITS BAKER'S FAULT AND REAL OBJS  FAULT.  THEY SHOULD PERFORM MORE LIKE THEIR STATISTICAL APPROXIMATIONS.

    ANd I won a SB starting JFF   so there!

    @jiggins7919 said:

    If you remember Baker's 2nd year, he wasn't as good. Partially because of the long routes

    So playcalling, too... If I had to guess, I'd guess OBJ's targets are deeper than those of our other WRs.Add that most of our short-threats are nicked up and that's a bad combo.

  • @gunnergatski said:

    LoOk gUyS i PlAy mAdDeN. AND I  CAN TELL YOU OBJ IS BALLIN IN MADDEN SO ITS BAKER'S FAULT AND REAL OBJS  FAULT.  THEY SHOULD PERFORM MORE LIKE THEIR STATISTICAL APPROXIMATIONS.

    ANd I won a SB starting JFF   so there!

    @jiggins7919 said:

    If you remember Baker's 2nd year, he wasn't as good. Partially because of the long routes

    So playcalling, too... If I had to guess, I'd guess OBJ's targets are deeper than those of our other WRs.Add that most of our short-threats are nicked up and that's a bad combo.

    @tour2ma said:

    ANd I won a SB starting JFF   so there!

    So playcalling, too... If I had to guess, I'd guess OBJ's targets are deeper than those of our other WRs.Add that most of our short-threats are nicked up and that's a bad combo.

    Praying the deluge of sarcasm was comprehended, Tour.

  • @tour2ma said:

    ANd I won a SB starting JFF   so there!

    So playcalling, too... If I had to guess, I'd guess OBJ's targets are deeper than those of our other WRs.Add that most of our short-threats are nicked up and that's a bad combo.

    Praying the deluge of sarcasm was comprehended, Tour.

    @gunnergatski said:

    Praying the deluge of sarcasm was comprehended, Tour.

    Back at ya GG...

  • @luke8878 said:

    Everyone here has a excellent view/point/opinion/facts that support their beliefs. The thought Baker was better off without OBJ crept into my head past year, but I really didn't over analyze it. But after the first 2 games this year without OBJ and 2 games with him, there is a difference in Baker's play when OBJ is out there. I don't have a clue as to what causes it, I'll admit to that, I just notice a unsure/indecisive Baker. I'm. It saying get rid of Baker, he sucks, just a observation he is a different QB with OBJ.

    It's called OBJ yappin in Bakers ear.. And Baker trying to appease his friend more or less...

    @nickers said:

    It's called OBJ yappin in Bakers ear.. And Baker trying to appease his friend more or less...

    Oh good, before you became a crippled I wondered if there was an outside shot you had played football at any level.  Now I know you haven't. 

    Edit: To flesh out my point.  Offensive players, skill players mostly, always "yap" in each others ears after drives.  Especially drives that stall out.  Who got their assignment? What coverage did they draw? Brackets, pressures, rotations, depths, alignments, man-match, zone pass-offs, what they might do if they get certain looks...  anything you can think of.

    You'd know that if you had played a down of real ball.   Save the snide comments.