Keenum to start
-
Unfortunately nickers- it looks like Cleveland.com and the Plain Dealer are putting a lot of their best stuff behind a pay wall. Even Terry Pluto.
Have to think if I want to spend another $10 bucks a month on yet another newspaper subscription.
-
Hopefully they can eek out a win vs Denver, then get healthier in the week and a half they get off before Pittsburgh.
Because this schedule is no walk-in-the-park. Detroit is about the only dud the Browns play from here out (New England?)
Pats are a team on the rise. If we played them on a neutral field in the current health, I'd take them to win.
-
Hopefully they can eek out a win vs Denver, then get healthier in the week and a half they get off before Pittsburgh.
Because this schedule is no walk-in-the-park. Detroit is about the only dud the Browns play from here out (New England?)
Hopefully they can eek out a win vs Denver, then get healthier in the week and a half they get off before Pittsburgh.
Because this schedule is no walk-in-the-park. Detroit is about the only dud the Browns play from here out (New England?)
We have a half a bye week but the squeelers have a whole bye week
-
Hopefully they can eek out a win vs Denver, then get healthier in the week and a half they get off before Pittsburgh.
Because this schedule is no walk-in-the-park. Detroit is about the only dud the Browns play from here out (New England?)
We have a half a bye week but the squeelers have a whole bye week
We have a half a bye week but the squeelers have a whole bye week
CHEATERS! ?
-
We have a half a bye week but the squeelers have a whole bye week
CHEATERS! ?
CHEATERS! ?
They always do
-
Well JJ Watt never even had so much of a finger on a QB this season UNTIL they played us and he looked like D player of the year. So I am sure Von will destroy us like he always seems to do. But No matter What GO BROWNS. Or until the 2nd when we are down 24-0 before half time.
-
Well JJ Watt never even had so much of a finger on a QB this season UNTIL they played us and he looked like D player of the year. So I am sure Von will destroy us like he always seems to do. But No matter What GO BROWNS. Or until the 2nd when we are down 24-0 before half time.
Well JJ Watt never even had so much of a finger on a QB this season UNTIL they played us and he looked like D player of the year. So I am sure Von will destroy us like he always seems to do. But No matter What GO BROWNS. Or until the 2nd when we are down 24-0 before half time.
well...we had both our tackles out....Hudson is a rookie. Hudson had a terrible time. Baker was hurt.... Landry was out, OBJ left the game, Hance had a tough game.......
good read:
-
Well JJ Watt never even had so much of a finger on a QB this season UNTIL they played us and he looked like D player of the year. So I am sure Von will destroy us like he always seems to do. But No matter What GO BROWNS. Or until the 2nd when we are down 24-0 before half time.
Well JJ Watt never even had so much of a finger on a QB this season UNTIL they played us and he looked like D player of the year. So I am sure Von will destroy us like he always seems to do. But No matter What GO BROWNS. Or until the 2nd when we are down 24-0 before half time.
Yes, Von will kill us, but we have to find a way to limit the mauling. It's very rare to completely shut down Hall of Fame players, but the trick isn't to stop them, but to prevent game-changing plays. If he gets a sack, make sure you don't fumble. If you fumble, recover it. And so on. One of the problems facing us is that if we do give up a sack, that's likely the end of the drive. Any sack, holding penalty, or even dropped pass can put us behind the sticks and punting before you know it.
You can only take SO much from preseason, but if you remember, Case Keenum was definitely Captain Checkdown. I mean he threw NOTHING past 6 yards and I'm hardly exaggerating. I honestly do not know how good of a grasp Case has on the offense, but I do know this: We will NOT be able to run ball. Not just because Chubb and Hunt are out, and not because our Tackles are out (likely) but because the Broncos have an excellent defense and they're going to put 38 defenders on the line of scrimmage.
Look, I have faith in our backup RBs, and I believe they have skill for being 3rd, 4th, and 5th stringers, but it's almost impossible to run on a 6 man front. They're literally going to DARE us to throw the ball on them, which is exactly what Arizona did. If you remember, we came out passing the ball almost exclusively. That's precisely what we'll have to do in order to win. If you manage to shred their 6 man front early, they'll adjust, and THAT'S when you run behind Teller.
The season feels like it's almost over, and I get it. This was supposed to be a magical season, and to be honest, we're a few plays away from it. Our idiot punter drops an effing snap, our defense has multiple blown coverages, and poof! We're 3-3. But guess what? Guess what a win does? It takes us to 4-3 with about 10 days of rest until a showdown at Pittsburgh. It'll be potentially the healthiest we've been in weeks and it comes at the biggest point of our season. Win tomorrow, save the season. I don't care if it's 3-2. FIND A WAY.
-
Oh, horse feathers.
Miller, Miller, Miller.
All we have to do, is have Garrett play both ways, put him at offensive tackle whatever side Von Miller lines up on....
and there ya go.
-
Captain Check Down will need a lot of help. But you KNOW what? Our team can give it to him. It's time for us to make some plays, get a few bounces rolled our way, and get a defensive TD or some shit like that. Let's steal this game any way possible and get back to healing.
Captain Check Down will need a lot of help. But you KNOW what? Our team can give it to him. It's time for us to make some plays, get a few bounces rolled our way, and get a defensive TD or some shit like that. Let's steal this game any way possible and get back to healing.
Denver is going to be missing two of their ILBs, and Miller's backup is out too. Do they have the bodies to put 6-8 in the box?
-
Unfortunately nickers- it looks like Cleveland.com and the Plain Dealer are putting a lot of their best stuff behind a pay wall. Even Terry Pluto.
Have to think if I want to spend another $10 bucks a month on yet another newspaper subscription.
Unfortunately nickers- it looks like Cleveland.com and the Plain Dealer are putting a lot of their best stuff behind a pay wall. Even Terry Pluto.
Have to think if I want to spend another $10 bucks a month on yet another newspaper subscription.
Give it another few years it will all be pay content.
-
Captain Check Down will need a lot of help. But you KNOW what? Our team can give it to him. It's time for us to make some plays, get a few bounces rolled our way, and get a defensive TD or some shit like that. Let's steal this game any way possible and get back to healing.
Denver is going to be missing two of their ILBs, and Miller's backup is out too. Do they have the bodies to put 6-8 in the box?
Denver is going to be missing two of their ILBs, and Miller's backup is out too. Do they have the bodies to put 6-8 in the box?
That's a fair point. They'll obviously have SOMEONE out there, but I don't know anything about how good they are. I'm curious as to how good their corners are. Also, I could be mistaken, but I remember Keenum throwing a pretty nice jump ball while at Minnesota. I would not mind seeing a few of those tonight.
-
Unfortunately nickers- it looks like Cleveland.com and the Plain Dealer are putting a lot of their best stuff behind a pay wall. Even Terry Pluto.
Have to think if I want to spend another $10 bucks a month on yet another newspaper subscription.
Unfortunately nickers- it looks like Cleveland.com and the Plain Dealer are putting a lot of their best stuff behind a pay wall. Even Terry Pluto.
Have to think if I want to spend another $10 bucks a month on yet another newspaper subscription.
I used to have a Plain Dealer and Press route when I was a kid. We had to do our own collections also. I quit the PD a couple of years ago because half the time I wouldn't receive my paper anyways. Now, it's kind of useless because all the news is old news by the time you receive the paper. They are going to quit printed news soon. They a re trying to sell the Cleveland.com as an online news paper.
-
Von Miller is going to destroy us.
-
We better beat Denver for a secondary reason.
I can't stand Goldhammer. A Denver fan and a fraud. Pretends to be upset when the Browns lose when you know inside he's lovin it.
We better beat Denver for a secondary reason.
I can't stand Goldhammer. A Denver fan and a fraud. Pretends to be upset when the Browns lose when you know inside he's lovin it.
Gold hammer is cancer for sure. He only got the gig cuz of his daddy being a higher up. Can’t stand listening to him.
-
Unfortunately nickers- it looks like Cleveland.com and the Plain Dealer are putting a lot of their best stuff behind a pay wall. Even Terry Pluto.
Have to think if I want to spend another $10 bucks a month on yet another newspaper subscription.
I used to have a Plain Dealer and Press route when I was a kid. We had to do our own collections also. I quit the PD a couple of years ago because half the time I wouldn't receive my paper anyways. Now, it's kind of useless because all the news is old news by the time you receive the paper. They are going to quit printed news soon. They a re trying to sell the Cleveland.com as an online news paper.
I used to have a Plain Dealer and Press route when I was a kid. We had to do our own collections also. I quit the PD a couple of years ago because half the time I wouldn't receive my paper anyways. Now, it's kind of useless because all the news is old news by the time you receive the paper. They are going to quit printed news soon. They a re trying to sell the Cleveland.com as an online news paper.
Fair point. The days of a printed newspaper are NFL not for long. When they lost the revenue from classified advertising it just about killed them. Dayton still has seven day delivery, but the cost isn't hardly worth it anymore.
-
Von Miller is going to destroy us.
Von Miller is going to destroy us.
You think Stefanski isn't aware that Miller ran has mouth a little bit earlier in the week and will game plan accordingly? Just like Fangio will do the same to minimize any damage Garrett can do?
-
Von Miller is going to destroy us.
You think Stefanski isn't aware that Miller ran has mouth a little bit earlier in the week and will game plan accordingly? Just like Fangio will do the same to minimize any damage Garrett can do?
You think Stefanski isn't aware that Miller ran has mouth a little bit earlier in the week and will game plan accordingly? Just like Fangio will do the same to minimize any damage Garrett can do?
Stefanski is no dummy - Von Miller is 6' 3", 250. Johnny Stanton is 6'2", 240. I'd use a two back set a lot to throw their defense off track and frustrate Miller..... I look for our OT's to have a much, much better game. The Browns defense will step up again. Garrett will have more sacks than Miller. I think Schwartz will have his best game.
I tried to pick up D'Ernest Jackson in one league - he will have a good or great day. Both teams desperately need a win. Browns will get it. 23-17.......
But the Browns need to come out passing. Defenses are just keying on the run - especially on first downs when Stef calls a run so often.
-
You guys are giving too much respect to Von Miller. This isn’t 2017.
Good player no doubt it. Give Hance a shot he did well against Bosa
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login