Skip to content

Keenum to start

The Browns Board
49 22 2.1k 1
  • Broccoli IQ Shit Head opened up for Black Flag at the Agora back in '83. 

  • @hoorta said:

    You think Stefanski isn't aware that Miller ran has mouth a little bit earlier in the week and will game plan accordingly?  Just like Fangio will do the same to minimize any damage Garrett can do? 

    Stefanski is no dummy - Von Miller is 6' 3", 250. Johnny Stanton is 6'2", 240. I'd use a two back set a lot to throw their defense off track and frustrate Miller..... I look for our OT's to have a much, much better game. The Browns defense will step up again. Garrett will have more sacks than Miller. I think Schwartz will have his best game.

       I tried to pick up D'Ernest Jackson in one league - he will have a good or great day. Both teams desperately need a win. Browns will get it. 23-17.......

      But the Browns need to come out passing. Defenses are just keying on the run - especially on first downs when Stef calls a run so often.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Stefanski is no dummy - Von Miller is 6' 3", 250. Johnny Stanton is 6'2", 240. I'd use a two back set a lot to throw their defense off track and frustrate Miller..... I look for our OT's to have a much, much better game. The Browns defense will step up again. Garrett will have more sacks than Miller. I think Schwartz will have his best game.

       I tried to pick up D'Ernest Jackson in one league - he will have a good or great day. Both teams desperately need a win. Browns will get it. 23-17.......

      But the Browns need to come out passing. Defenses are just keying on the run - especially on first downs when Stef calls a run so often.

    i picked up johnson and traded obj for landry

  • @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Von  Miller is going to destroy us.

    Von Miller will be nothing... He's old..

    @nickers said:

    Von Miller will be nothing... He's old..

    and he got hurt...  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Stefanski is no dummy - Von Miller is 6' 3", 250. Johnny Stanton is 6'2", 240. I'd use a two back set a lot to throw their defense off track and frustrate Miller..... I look for our OT's to have a much, much better game. The Browns defense will step up again. Garrett will have more sacks than Miller. I think Schwartz will have his best game.

       I tried to pick up D'Ernest Jackson in one league - he will have a good or great day. Both teams desperately need a win. Browns will get it. 23-17.......

      But the Browns need to come out passing. Defenses are just keying on the run - especially on first downs when Stef calls a run so often.

    i picked up johnson and traded obj for landry

    @atom said:

    i picked up johnson and traded obj for landry

    I picked up Johnson and started him ?

  • Keenum thankfully played OK but his deep ball was awful.

  • Keenum thankfully played OK but his deep ball was awful.

    @mddawg said:

    Keenum thankfully played OK but his deep ball was awful.

    25mph winds tend to do that.

    edit: The one Simmons almost got was just a terrible read and throw.

  • I can't believe browns52 hasn't showed up yet.  He's been on right after the game the past two weeks. Weird what changed lol?

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I used to have a Plain Dealer and Press route when I was a kid.  We had to do our own collections also.  I quit the PD a couple of years ago because half the time I wouldn't receive my paper anyways.  Now, it's kind of useless because all the news is old news by the time you receive the paper.  They are going to quit printed news soon.  They a re trying to sell the Cleveland.com as an online news paper.  

    Fair point. The days of a printed newspaper are NFL not for long. When they lost the revenue from classified advertising it just about killed them.  Dayton still has seven day delivery,  but the cost isn't hardly worth it anymore. 

    @hoorta said:

    Fair point. The days of a printed newspaper are NFL not for long. When they lost the revenue from classified advertising it just about killed them.  Dayton still has seven day delivery,  but the cost isn't hardly worth it anymore. 

    Just about any advertising.  How many pages of movie listing were printed each week?

  • Keenum thankfully played OK but his deep ball was awful.

    @mddawg said:

    Keenum thankfully played OK but his deep ball was awful.

    On the one to Schwartz, the speed of the receiver and the speed of the wind came in to play.  Bernie didn't have a great arm, but he was good at chucking it up there when the receiver was 20 yards down field rather than 30 yards down field.

    Also, the thought process on deep balls has changed over the years.  In the past, QB's would miss long.  Today jump balls or comebacks hoping for interference is preferred by coaches.

  • Never underestimate the power of anticipation in a QB.

    Case developed it after his very structured U OF H years (5 of them setting a ton of records in the process) playing behind Matt Schaub in HOU under Gary Kubiak... another such QB and former Ag.

    When you have an average arm, it is what you have to do.

    He's a great #2. Will win you the odd game here as he just did stepping in, but not gonna take you to the end of the rainbow... just a step closer. Kinda a cheaper Kurt Cousins