Baker Mayfield
-
No doubt it wasn't a good effort, but we won.
-
It was a horrible performance, probably caused in some/big part because he is injured.
And no, I'm not a Baker apologist.
-
I just believe baker is better without OBJ is out there
-
I just believe baker is better without OBJ is out there
While the stats may support your opinion, I'm not in that camp. I do think OBJ is an overrated version of his former self, but his presence on the field doesn't 'make Baker worse'.
Baker Mayfield on his performance today: “That piss-poor performance by me isn’t going to cut it. I’ve got to be better. It’s just that simple”.
^ Hated his game today, but I love his leadership.
-
We can run the ballWe can stop the run.
We can defend the pass
We can rush the passer
Special Teams aside from a dropped punt snap have been very good.
We haven’t been plagued by penalties
Passing game while working well at times is still a work in progress
We could protect the ball better (but 0 turnovers today)
QB play needs to improve.
It is October 3 and this is a very good team
We’ve played an elite offense, a very good offense, a great defense and we’ve played in two tough environments.
Chargers are next they will play a physical division game against the Raiders. That series is always physical and the games are ugly…we are fortunate to catch them next week.
-
Zombo said:
Hi Debbie Downer.
He had a horrible day.
We won on the road anyway.
I have never been prouder.
Z
lol wut?! "Never been prouder" of that performance? Ok, I'll remember that take when my daughter brings home a failing grade with a smile. I'm so proud of you sweetheart! Can you bring home a lower grade next time? There you go sweetie, here's a snickers bar.
Ok, I'll remember that take when my daughter brings home a failing grade with a smile. I'm so proud of you sweetheart! Can you bring home a lower grade next time? There you go sweetie, here's a snickers bar.
........................
.......................
Baker's presser called his performance? like it was..."I was Piss Poor today"..
-
Baker is frustrating to watch. He shows you what he is capable of, but he has a game like he had today missing wide open guys. So far he has been playing good, just not #1 overall good. He's going to have to step up his game if we are going to get to the next level. I understand everybody has a bad game so spare me.
-
Is dog doo Doo a rating?
-
Baker is frustrating to watch. He shows you what he is capable of, but he has a game like he had today missing wide open guys. So far he has been playing good, just not #1 overall good. He's going to have to step up his game if we are going to get to the next level. I understand everybody has a bad game so spare me.
Baker is frustrating to watch. He shows you what he is capable of, but he has a game like he had today missing wide open guys. So far he has been playing good, just not #1 overall good. He's going to have to step up his game if we are going to get to the next level. I understand everybody has a bad game so spare me.
I hope this was his 1 bad game because we won't make it far in the playoffs with performances like that.
-
I think Baker's shoulder was banged up worse when he scrambled and took a minor hit on it. He has no fear, and he is as mentally tough as any other qb in the league. He had a bad game.
It wasn't helped by a very good defense that took advantage of banged up Wills and Conklin on the pass rushes. Wills finally had to leave the game in pain. I respect them hugely for starting anyways. I'm sure it's harder to move with outside rushes with an ankle taped up heavily. and still Chubb got a hundred yards rushing.
Under pressure, injured shoulder, Wills, Tretter and Conklin playing banged up... I'll take the win. And the defense started out giving up runs to the outside, then adjustments were made? and they saved the day. Greedy got his first interception - they don't give up. Admire Baker for his outstanding leadership and grit on a tough day.
-
D+ the only plus I can take out today's performance is that he didn't throw a pick. He was soooo inaccurate and overthrew nearly ever pass to the wide receiver core, in particular OBJ. Dude ran perfect routes and created space only for Baker to fuck all that up. Odell had 1 maybe 2 breakaway TDs that he could have taken to the house that Mayfield fubar.
-
-
OBJ would have had an easy 80+ yards today had Baker been anywhere near on target. Ridiculous to pin this on Beckham
Why does it have to mean that Baker not doing as well with OBJ is OBJ's fault?
It could very well be Baker's fault. Some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field? Who knows.
But at the end of the day, I think Baker is hurt, and it is effecting his play.
-
And I’m a big fan Baker Mayfield. Believer, apologist, whatever you want to call it.
I still don’t have that confidence that when it comes down to if-Baker-makes-this-play-we-win, that he’ll make the play. He had a bunch of those this afternoon to close out the game and aside from a scramble (that looked like a first down to me), he flubbed each and every opportunity.
Everyone saw how gassed the defense was at the end of the game. Kudos to that crew for being the ass-kickers they are. Win/loss should not have had to come down on them so hard when they gave the offense every chance to finish the Vikings off.
-
OBJ would have had an easy 80+ yards today had Baker been anywhere near on target. Ridiculous to pin this on Beckham
Why does it have to mean that Baker not doing as well with OBJ is OBJ's fault?
It could very well be Baker's fault. Some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field? Who knows.
But at the end of the day, I think Baker is hurt, and it is effecting his play.
Why does it have to mean that Baker not doing as well with OBJ is OBJ's fault?
It could very well be Baker's fault. Some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field? Who knows.
But at the end of the day, I think Baker is hurt, and it is effecting his play.
I think it’s because “some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field” is speculative nonsense?
I suppose it could simply be a lack of chemistry between them. But today it’s pretty obvious who was to blame for the lack of connection. And it wasn’t some innocuous intangible - it was a QB who was consistently unable to hit his target.
-
Today was a solid F. last week was maybe a D+ and the first two weeks were A’s. Let’s hope it’s his shoulder and it heals quickly. Honestly though if his injured shoulder makes him play this badly Keenum should have played. He was 3rd strong rookie bad today. Not only did he miss guys by miles long and high he just continually didn’t see the easy open man. I couldn’t get the play where Felton was so open for a short first down he was holding an I’m open neon billboard. I still can’t fathom that one. Between last week and this week he has blown throws on at least 4 easy TD balls. I’m a fan of Baker but this has to improve fast if we are going anywhere this year. I also was frustrated more than once today when Stefanski abandoned the run as bad as Bake played. I think the one series we were on the 1 and passed 2/3 plays despite our monster running game. Only thing that bailed us out was a dumb penalty on the Vikings.
-
Why does it have to mean that Baker not doing as well with OBJ is OBJ's fault?
It could very well be Baker's fault. Some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field? Who knows.
But at the end of the day, I think Baker is hurt, and it is effecting his play.
I think it’s because “some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field” is speculative nonsense?
I suppose it could simply be a lack of chemistry between them. But today it’s pretty obvious who was to blame for the lack of connection. And it wasn’t some innocuous intangible - it was a QB who was consistently unable to hit his target.
I think it’s because “some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field” is speculative nonsense?
I suppose it could simply be a lack of chemistry between them. But today it’s pretty obvious who was to blame for the lack of connection. And it wasn’t some innocuous intangible - it was a QB who was consistently unable to hit his target.
I know, I was agreeing with you.
I was stating that the people who push the theory that Baker struggles with OBJ often blame OBJ, not Baker.
Hell, I might be the first person on here to actually figure out Baker's career stats with and without OBJ and post them. I don't think it is cut and dry by any means, but it is a fact that Baker's stats are far better without OBJ than with. I do think there are reasons that can at least partially explain this, though.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login