Baker Mayfield
-
That shoulder isn't going to be anywhere close to 100% until its surgically repaired. As I've posted, that's around a 12 week process. MHO though is it can't hurt to give him an extra week off against the Steelers. Then it's all hands on deck for a game against the first place Bengals in Cinci.
Well, Mahomes stunk against the Titans. I doubt the KC fans are going to be screaming for Chad Henne to start next week. LOL, Derrick Henry had more TD passes than Mahomes in that game. The difference between Baker and Pat is consistency. Mayfield proved he still can uncork 65 yard passes with a bum shoulder, but I'm of the opinion that shoulder is affecting his play, whether he admits it or not. His accuracy has definitely taken a hit.
Baker may never be up to the level of Mahomes or Allen, but on his best days, he's plenty good enough. Sort of like Eli will never be considered as good as Peyton. I'll happily take a couple Super Bowl wins.
He doesn't have the elite arm of an Allen or even a Lamar Jackson. However, the Ravens got the snot beat out of them by a Bengals team led by Joe Burrow- who's arm isn't any stronger than Baker's. Mayfield has yet to prove when we're down a score with 2 minutes left he can lead a game winning drive.
I agree with everything you said with one exception. I don't believe Lamar Jackson's arm is anywhere near as strong as Baker's. Josh Allen...that's a different story.
I agree with everything you said with one exception. I don't believe Lamar Jackson's arm is anywhere near as strong as Baker's. Josh Allen...that's a different story.
RE: Lamar- maybe. Jackson gets away with a lot of crap because of his running ability. If you watched any of the Ravens- Bengals game, Cinci gave a clinic on how to contain him. And he took a bunch of serious hits both in the pocket and trying to run. He's a tough dude, but it's just a matter of time before he takes a kill shot that's going to limit his running ability.
PS- watching that game, MHO- the Browns made a serious mistake letting Ogunjobi walk- he's playing lights out for the Bengals.
-
A few more random thoughts about Baker & the Browns... Is it his fault the Chargers put up 47 points against the Browns? It's been mentioned- the first time in NFL history a team scored 40+ points with zero turnovers- and lost. Fire the defense, and trade Garrett immediately.
Comparison wise- are any of you going to try and tell me Ryan Tannehill who's team just clobbered the Chiefs (Titan Up!!!) is any better than Mayfield? I don't think so. Some guys are never going to be happy regardless. We get a decent quarterback after 20 years in the football desert- and now that's not good enough- we need an all- time GOAT. FWIW, should the Browns win their next two games- we're right where we need to be. In the AFC- everyone is beating everyone else.
Finally- practice today- Chubb and Conklin are back. Yay!!! Baker was not. Reinforces my opinion. Sit him against the Steelers.
-
I'm really at a loss for words right now when it comes to being a Browns fan. It seems there are people out there who don't want you to be happy no matter what, just doing whatever they can to drain whatever joy you have out of you. All this talk about wanting Baker to be traded for nobodies like Tua or whatever garbage qb is just disheartening.
I have been critical of Baker but am not ready to give up on him by a long shot. It not just about winning, it's about culture change and Baker leaves it all on the field. I cannot believe some of the shit I've read on this board and other places on the interwebs. He's already proved he can be a winner, he has proved he can improve, and he proved he can win playoff games. Give him a fucking chance and be patient!
-
I'm really at a loss for words right now when it comes to being a Browns fan. It seems there are people out there who don't want you to be happy no matter what, just doing whatever they can to drain whatever joy you have out of you. All this talk about wanting Baker to be traded for nobodies like Tua or whatever garbage qb is just disheartening.
I have been critical of Baker but am not ready to give up on him by a long shot. It not just about winning, it's about culture change and Baker leaves it all on the field. I cannot believe some of the shit I've read on this board and other places on the interwebs. He's already proved he can be a winner, he has proved he can improve, and he proved he can win playoff games. Give him a fucking chance and be patient!
I'm really at a loss for words right now when it comes to being a Browns fan. It seems there are people out there who don't want you to be happy no matter what, just doing whatever they can to drain whatever joy you have out of you. All this talk about wanting Baker to be traded for nobodies like Tua or whatever garbage qb is just disheartening.
I have been critical of Baker but am not ready to give up on him by a long shot. It not just about winning, it's about culture change and Baker leaves it all on the field. I cannot believe some of the shit I've read on this board and other places on the interwebs. He's already proved he can be a winner, he has proved he can improve, and he proved he can win playoff games. Give him a fucking chance and be patient!
I've said it in the past- the Browns could win the Super Bowl and some of the Negative Nancys would tell you- we shoulda beat them worse..
PS- I didn't want to edit my previous post, but the latest from the Blue Medical Tent is the Docs are telling Stefanski that Baker shouldn't play until he can reasonably protect himself from unnecessary hits.
-
I'm really at a loss for words right now when it comes to being a Browns fan. It seems there are people out there who don't want you to be happy no matter what, just doing whatever they can to drain whatever joy you have out of you. All this talk about wanting Baker to be traded for nobodies like Tua or whatever garbage qb is just disheartening.
I have been critical of Baker but am not ready to give up on him by a long shot. It not just about winning, it's about culture change and Baker leaves it all on the field. I cannot believe some of the shit I've read on this board and other places on the interwebs. He's already proved he can be a winner, he has proved he can improve, and he proved he can win playoff games. Give him a fucking chance and be patient!
I've said it in the past- the Browns could win the Super Bowl and some of the Negative Nancys would tell you- we shoulda beat them worse..
PS- I didn't want to edit my previous post, but the latest from the Blue Medical Tent is the Docs are telling Stefanski that Baker shouldn't play until he can reasonably protect himself from unnecessary hits.
PS- I didn't want to edit my previous post, but the latest from the Blue Medical Tent is the Docs are telling Stefanski that Baker shouldn't play until he can reasonably protect himself from unnecessary hits.
I hate to say it, but for Baker's long term health and career it might be best to shut him down and have the surgery now.
-
PS- I didn't want to edit my previous post, but the latest from the Blue Medical Tent is the Docs are telling Stefanski that Baker shouldn't play until he can reasonably protect himself from unnecessary hits.
I hate to say it, but for Baker's long term health and career it might be best to shut him down and have the surgery now.
I hate to say it, but for Baker's long term health and career it might be best to shut him down and have the surgery now.
Be still my heart...
-
So is an extra week of rest going to untear his ligament? If not, then my eye test saw that Case with 2 arms is the better option than Baker with 1.
I like Baker and think he is the best QB the Browns have had since Vinny ( < I'm sure that triggered more than 1 of you) and I really do hope he plays his entire career in Brown & Orange, but at this moment in time there is a better option already on the team.
So is an extra week of rest going to untear his ligament? If not, then my eye test saw that Case with 2 arms is the better option than Baker with 1.
I like Baker and think he is the best QB the Browns have had since Vinny ( < I'm sure that triggered more than 1 of you) and I really do hope he plays his entire career in Brown & Orange, but at this moment in time there is a better option already on the team.
This really breaks my heart. I tend to agree with you, but I don't think Case has enough to beat decent teams. That wind really affected his deep ball and I don't see the weather improving until around next June. We absolutely dominated the last game and only won by THREE. I definitely do not trust our defense, no matter of we on it gave up 14 points. If we didn't run out the clock and we punted, we would have lost that game. I'm sure of it. We need more points, we need more striking ability, and I think we need a defensive TD this Sunday in order to win.
-
I hate to say it, but for Baker's long term health and career it might be best to shut him down and have the surgery now.
Be still my heart...
-
upbeat that the Browns can handle the Steelers at home with Keenum at the controls.
The Steelers know we are hurting and Keenum will be running the show. Look for them to be throwing haymakers right out of the gate on both sides of the ball. If they can jump on us early and set the tone of the game, I don't think Keenum has a chance if we have to abandon our running game early.
And we have to see how Stephanski calls the game. He's had a couple of head scatchers this year.
-
-
If reapir by scope is possible then, es...
But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made...

Scoping the shoulder might clean up some of the junk- but my research told me with a completely torn labrum- you have to do surgery to reattach it to the bone.. 4 weeks healing time, minimum... That, and another 4-6 weeks of rehab to regain strength in the affected arm.
LOL, Zombo told me Baker isn't my wife- true dat. But when Sue busted her humeral head in a ski accident- once she got her arm out of a sling, she couldn't even lift the affected arm to shoulder height.
-
-
If reapir by scope is possible then, es...
But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made...

Scoping the shoulder might clean up some of the junk- but my research told me with a completely torn labrum- you have to do surgery to reattach it to the bone.. 4 weeks healing time, minimum... That, and another 4-6 weeks of rehab to regain strength in the affected arm.
LOL, Zombo told me Baker isn't my wife- true dat. But when Sue busted her humeral head in a ski accident- once she got her arm out of a sling, she couldn't even lift the affected arm to shoulder height.
Scoping the shoulder might clean up some of the junk- but my research told me with a completely torn labrum- you have to do surgery to reattach it to the bone.. 4 weeks healing time, minimum... That, and another 4-6 weeks of rehab to regain strength in the affected arm.
let's all first agree this may not be factual... he's not Baker's doctor... but, I've followed him for years, and he's mostly been spot on..
if i read questionable Friday? I also think Baker's a go ?
-
Soooooooo, I'm obviously not a doctor, but I did totally tear my labrum and had the surgery. First off, the surgery wasn't bad, but the rehab was miserable. It felt like my shoulder would never be ok and it took months to get back to healthy. If he has a labrum surgery, he's gone. That simple.
Case Keenum cannot win enough games to get us into the playoffs, that's the bottom line in my head. We absolutely dominated the Broncos and won by 3 effing points. That's not good enough. We can talk all day about how great our running game is but unless we get a vertical strike threat, we're toast. Anthony Schwartz needs to go away. If I see him stop his route one more time and try to catch the ball 5 seconds before he should...I'll spontaneously combust.
The Cardinals showed teams how to beat us. The Broncos didn't even try to replicate that effort and nobody knows why. The Steelers definitely will try and shut down the run and regardless of what the stats say, I don't see us running the ball against the Steelers right away. Maybe after we establish the pass, but not right away. They're going to have 472 people on the line.
-
Soooooooo, I'm obviously not a doctor, but I did totally tear my labrum and had the surgery. First off, the surgery wasn't bad, but the rehab was miserable. It felt like my shoulder would never be ok and it took months to get back to healthy. If he has a labrum surgery, he's gone. That simple.
Case Keenum cannot win enough games to get us into the playoffs, that's the bottom line in my head. We absolutely dominated the Broncos and won by 3 effing points. That's not good enough. We can talk all day about how great our running game is but unless we get a vertical strike threat, we're toast. Anthony Schwartz needs to go away. If I see him stop his route one more time and try to catch the ball 5 seconds before he should...I'll spontaneously combust.
The Cardinals showed teams how to beat us. The Broncos didn't even try to replicate that effort and nobody knows why. The Steelers definitely will try and shut down the run and regardless of what the stats say, I don't see us running the ball against the Steelers right away. Maybe after we establish the pass, but not right away. They're going to have 472 people on the line.
Anthony Schwartz needs to go away. If I see him stop his route one more time and try to catch the ball 5 seconds before he should...I'll spontaneously combust.
Literal lol
-
Oh stop it, I've agreed with you on tons of things you silly goose! ?
And yet another?
-
Oh stop it, I've agreed with you on tons of things you silly goose! ?
You call your friend an asshole this instant!
-
Oy vey....
Me and Z have been going at it.. Mayfield would want to play with a broken left arm, just put it in a cast, I'll be fine..... Sorry Baker... you playing against the Steelers is a bbbbbbaaaaaddddd idea. Take another week off to get ready for the Bengals. Case can handle those pesky Squealers for you.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login