Skip to content

Baker Mayfield

The Browns Board
1.1k 68 53.8k 1
  • N Neo

    I'm really at a loss for words right now when it comes to being a Browns fan. It seems there are people out there who don't want you to be happy no matter what, just doing whatever they can to drain whatever joy you have out of you. All this talk about wanting Baker to be traded for nobodies like Tua or whatever garbage qb is just disheartening. 

    I have been critical of Baker but am not ready to give up on him by a long shot. It not just about winning,  it's about culture change and Baker leaves it all on the field. I cannot believe some of the shit I've read on this board and other places on the interwebs. He's already proved he can be a winner, he has proved he can improve, and he proved he can win playoff games. Give him a fucking chance and be patient!

    @neo said:

    I'm really at a loss for words right now when it comes to being a Browns fan. It seems there are people out there who don't want you to be happy no matter what, just doing whatever they can to drain whatever joy you have out of you. All this talk about wanting Baker to be traded for nobodies like Tua or whatever garbage qb is just disheartening. 

    I have been critical of Baker but am not ready to give up on him by a long shot. It not just about winning,  it's about culture change and Baker leaves it all on the field. I cannot believe some of the shit I've read on this board and other places on the interwebs. He's already proved he can be a winner, he has proved he can improve, and he proved he can win playoff games. Give him a fucking chance and be patient!

    I've said it in the past- the Browns could win the Super Bowl and some of the Negative Nancys would tell you- we shoulda beat them worse..  

    PS- I didn't want to edit my previous post, but the latest from the Blue Medical Tent is the Docs are telling Stefanski that Baker shouldn't play until he can reasonably protect himself from unnecessary hits.  

  • @neo said:

    I'm really at a loss for words right now when it comes to being a Browns fan. It seems there are people out there who don't want you to be happy no matter what, just doing whatever they can to drain whatever joy you have out of you. All this talk about wanting Baker to be traded for nobodies like Tua or whatever garbage qb is just disheartening. 

    I have been critical of Baker but am not ready to give up on him by a long shot. It not just about winning,  it's about culture change and Baker leaves it all on the field. I cannot believe some of the shit I've read on this board and other places on the interwebs. He's already proved he can be a winner, he has proved he can improve, and he proved he can win playoff games. Give him a fucking chance and be patient!

    I've said it in the past- the Browns could win the Super Bowl and some of the Negative Nancys would tell you- we shoulda beat them worse..  

    PS- I didn't want to edit my previous post, but the latest from the Blue Medical Tent is the Docs are telling Stefanski that Baker shouldn't play until he can reasonably protect himself from unnecessary hits.  

    @hoorta said:

     PS- I didn't want to edit my previous post, but the latest from the Blue Medical Tent is the Docs are telling Stefanski that Baker shouldn't play until he can reasonably protect himself from unnecessary hits.  

    I hate to say it, but for Baker's long term health and career it might be best to shut him down and have the surgery now. 

  • @hoorta said:

     PS- I didn't want to edit my previous post, but the latest from the Blue Medical Tent is the Docs are telling Stefanski that Baker shouldn't play until he can reasonably protect himself from unnecessary hits.  

    I hate to say it, but for Baker's long term health and career it might be best to shut him down and have the surgery now. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I hate to say it, but for Baker's long term health and career it might be best to shut him down and have the surgery now. 

    Be still my heart...

  • So is an extra week of rest going to untear his ligament? If not, then my eye test saw that Case with 2 arms is the better option than Baker with 1.

    I like Baker and think he is the best QB the Browns have had since Vinny ( < I'm sure that triggered more than 1 of you) and I really do hope he plays his entire career in Brown & Orange, but at this moment in time there is a better option already on the team. 

    @d-bone said:

    So is an extra week of rest going to untear his ligament? If not, then my eye test saw that Case with 2 arms is the better option than Baker with 1.

    I like Baker and think he is the best QB the Browns have had since Vinny ( < I'm sure that triggered more than 1 of you) and I really do hope he plays his entire career in Brown & Orange, but at this moment in time there is a better option already on the team. 

    This really breaks my heart. I tend to agree with you, but I don't think Case has enough to beat decent teams. That wind really affected his deep ball and I don't see the weather improving until around next June. We absolutely dominated the last game and only won by THREE. I definitely do not trust our defense, no matter of we on it gave up 14 points. If we didn't run out the clock and we punted, we would have lost that game. I'm sure of it. We need more points, we need more striking ability, and I think we need a defensive TD this Sunday in order to win. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I hate to say it, but for Baker's long term health and career it might be best to shut him down and have the surgery now. 

    Be still my heart...

    @tour2ma said:

    Be still my heart...

    Nah Tour.. I'm 100% certain Baker is going to play sometime this season. Me and Ballpeen are also pretty upbeat that the Browns can handle the Steelers at home with Keenum at the controls. 

    The following week on the road against the red hot Bengals? Not so much. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Be still my heart...

    Nah Tour.. I'm 100% certain Baker is going to play sometime this season. Me and Ballpeen are also pretty upbeat that the Browns can handle the Steelers at home with Keenum at the controls. 

    The following week on the road against the red hot Bengals? Not so much. 

    @hoorta said:

    upbeat that the Browns can handle the Steelers at home with Keenum at the controls. 

    The Steelers know we are hurting and Keenum will be running the show. Look for them to be throwing haymakers right out of the gate on both sides of the ball. If they can jump on us early and set the tone of the game, I don't think Keenum has a chance if we have to abandon our running game early. 

    And we have to see how Stephanski calls the game. He's had a couple of head scatchers this year. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Be still my heart...

    Nah Tour.. I'm 100% certain Baker is going to play sometime this season. Me and Ballpeen are also pretty upbeat that the Browns can handle the Steelers at home with Keenum at the controls. 

    The following week on the road against the red hot Bengals? Not so much. 

    @hoorta said:

    I'm 100% certain Baker is going to play sometime this season.

    If reapir by scope is possible then, yes...

    But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made... 😉

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm 100% certain Baker is going to play sometime this season.

    If reapir by scope is possible then, yes...

    But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    If reapir by scope is possible then, es...

    But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made... 😉

    Scoping the shoulder might clean up some of the junk- but my research told me with a completely torn labrum- you have to do surgery to reattach it to the bone..  4 weeks healing time, minimum... That, and another 4-6 weeks of rehab to regain strength in the affected arm.  

    LOL, Zombo told me Baker isn't my wife- true dat. But when Sue busted her humeral head in a ski accident- once she got her arm out of a sling, she couldn't even lift the affected arm to shoulder height.  

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm 100% certain Baker is going to play sometime this season.

    If reapir by scope is possible then, yes...

    But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    If reapir by scope is possible then, yes...

    But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made... 😉

    Oh stop it, I've agreed with you on tons of things you silly goose! ?

  • @tour2ma said:

    If reapir by scope is possible then, es...

    But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made... 😉

    Scoping the shoulder might clean up some of the junk- but my research told me with a completely torn labrum- you have to do surgery to reattach it to the bone..  4 weeks healing time, minimum... That, and another 4-6 weeks of rehab to regain strength in the affected arm.  

    LOL, Zombo told me Baker isn't my wife- true dat. But when Sue busted her humeral head in a ski accident- once she got her arm out of a sling, she couldn't even lift the affected arm to shoulder height.  

    @hoorta said:

    Scoping the shoulder might clean up some of the junk- but my research told me with a completely torn labrum- you have to do surgery to reattach it to the bone..  4 weeks healing time, minimum... That, and another 4-6 weeks of rehab to regain strength in the affected arm.  

    let's all first agree this may not be factual... he's not Baker's doctor... but, I've followed him for years, and he's mostly been spot on..

    if i read questionable Friday? I also think Baker's a go ?

  • Soooooooo, I'm obviously not a doctor, but I did totally tear my labrum and had the surgery. First off, the surgery wasn't bad, but the rehab was miserable. It felt like my shoulder would never be ok and it took months to get back to healthy. If he has a labrum surgery, he's gone. That simple. 

    Case Keenum cannot win enough games to get us into the playoffs, that's the bottom line in my head. We absolutely dominated the Broncos and won by 3 effing points. That's not good enough. We can talk all day about how great our running game is but unless we get a vertical strike threat, we're toast. Anthony Schwartz needs to go away. If I see him stop his route one more time and try to catch the ball 5 seconds before he should...I'll spontaneously combust. 

    The Cardinals showed teams how to beat us. The Broncos didn't even try to replicate that effort and nobody knows why. The Steelers definitely will try and shut down the run and regardless of what the stats say, I don't see us running the ball against the Steelers right away. Maybe after we establish the pass, but not right away. They're going to have 472 people on the line. 

  • Soooooooo, I'm obviously not a doctor, but I did totally tear my labrum and had the surgery. First off, the surgery wasn't bad, but the rehab was miserable. It felt like my shoulder would never be ok and it took months to get back to healthy. If he has a labrum surgery, he's gone. That simple. 

    Case Keenum cannot win enough games to get us into the playoffs, that's the bottom line in my head. We absolutely dominated the Broncos and won by 3 effing points. That's not good enough. We can talk all day about how great our running game is but unless we get a vertical strike threat, we're toast. Anthony Schwartz needs to go away. If I see him stop his route one more time and try to catch the ball 5 seconds before he should...I'll spontaneously combust. 

    The Cardinals showed teams how to beat us. The Broncos didn't even try to replicate that effort and nobody knows why. The Steelers definitely will try and shut down the run and regardless of what the stats say, I don't see us running the ball against the Steelers right away. Maybe after we establish the pass, but not right away. They're going to have 472 people on the line. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Anthony Schwartz needs to go away. If I see him stop his route one more time and try to catch the ball 5 seconds before he should...I'll spontaneously combust. 

    Literal lol 

  • @tour2ma said:

    If reapir by scope is possible then, yes...

    But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made... 😉

    Oh stop it, I've agreed with you on tons of things you silly goose! ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh stop it, I've agreed with you on tons of things you silly goose! ?

    And yet another?

  • @tour2ma said:

    If reapir by scope is possible then, yes...

    But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made... 😉

    Oh stop it, I've agreed with you on tons of things you silly goose! ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh stop it, I've agreed with you on tons of things you silly goose! ?

    You call your friend an asshole this instant!

  • We knew Schwartz was a raw sprinter when we drafted him.... give him some time.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Oy vey....

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/10/baker-mayfield-still-hopes-to-face-the-steelers-sunday-and-definitely-has-a-chance-browns-insider.html

    Me and Z have been going at it..  Mayfield would want to play with a broken left arm, just put it in a cast, I'll be fine.....  Sorry Baker... you playing against the Steelers is a bbbbbbaaaaaddddd idea. Take another week off to get ready for the Bengals.  Case can handle those pesky Squealers for you.  🙂 

  • @tour2ma said:

    If reapir by scope is possible then, es...

    But reason behind my comment was Dutch actually agreeing with a comment I made... 😉

    Scoping the shoulder might clean up some of the junk- but my research told me with a completely torn labrum- you have to do surgery to reattach it to the bone..  4 weeks healing time, minimum... That, and another 4-6 weeks of rehab to regain strength in the affected arm.  

    LOL, Zombo told me Baker isn't my wife- true dat. But when Sue busted her humeral head in a ski accident- once she got her arm out of a sling, she couldn't even lift the affected arm to shoulder height.  

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, Zombo told me Baker isn't my wife- true dat. But when Sue busted her humeral head in a ski accident- once she got her arm out of a sling, she couldn't even lift the affected arm to shoulder height.  

    when I had a rotator cuff completely popped apart, after surgery, my arm hardly worked much at all. ya end up doing "itsy bitsy spider crawls up the wall" (cute little physical therapist gal laughed at the look on my face when she explained it to me) exercises to work to get the ability to lift your arm again. As long as they can win with Keenum, Baker should stay on the bench. Nick Mullens still hasn't played much in the NFL. He just doesn't have the arm to make all the throws effectively. If Baker has to have surgery sooner rather than later... I can see signing Cam Newton to have a legit backup for the rest of the season.

  • Soooooooo, I'm obviously not a doctor, but I did totally tear my labrum and had the surgery. First off, the surgery wasn't bad, but the rehab was miserable. It felt like my shoulder would never be ok and it took months to get back to healthy. If he has a labrum surgery, he's gone. That simple. 

    Case Keenum cannot win enough games to get us into the playoffs, that's the bottom line in my head. We absolutely dominated the Broncos and won by 3 effing points. That's not good enough. We can talk all day about how great our running game is but unless we get a vertical strike threat, we're toast. Anthony Schwartz needs to go away. If I see him stop his route one more time and try to catch the ball 5 seconds before he should...I'll spontaneously combust. 

    The Cardinals showed teams how to beat us. The Broncos didn't even try to replicate that effort and nobody knows why. The Steelers definitely will try and shut down the run and regardless of what the stats say, I don't see us running the ball against the Steelers right away. Maybe after we establish the pass, but not right away. They're going to have 472 people on the line. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    The Cardinals showed teams how to beat us. The Broncos didn't even try to replicate that effort and nobody knows why. The Steelers definitely will try and shut down the run and regardless of what the stats say, I don't see us running the ball against the Steelers right away. Maybe after we establish the pass, but not right away. They're going to have 472 people on the line. 

    I mean, The Broncos before last week had the 6th? 7th? 8th? (something like that) rush defense and played the offense this way. We still ran it down their throats with a 3rd string (by definition, anyway) RB and a back-up tackle. Point is, this run game reminds me A LOT of Arian Foster Texans years. You know what the hell was coming, but they were simply too good to be stopped. The Steelers coming into this game are 20th or so in rush defense.

    Coming into the game, I'm magnitudes more concerned about the defense's inability to get off the field on 3rd down. The Steelers set themselves up often to be in 3rd in manageable, which for some dumb reason is the defense's Achilles heal. I get a bad feeling it's gonna be a lot (let's be honest, after celebrating Halloween Saturday night slightly hungover) sighs on 3rd down conversations by Pittsburgh.

    The cardinals game was an anomaly in many different ways, that game was set up to lose really. A red hot team against an obviously hurt QB, two back-up tackles, and two banged up RBs.

  • I'm understanding that Tuitt and TA are out? Bodes well for that inside zone and ball control.