Baker Mayfield
-
OBJ would have had an easy 80+ yards today had Baker been anywhere near on target. Ridiculous to pin this on Beckham
Why does it have to mean that Baker not doing as well with OBJ is OBJ's fault?
It could very well be Baker's fault. Some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field? Who knows.
But at the end of the day, I think Baker is hurt, and it is effecting his play.Â
Why does it have to mean that Baker not doing as well with OBJ is OBJ's fault?
It could very well be Baker's fault. Some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field? Who knows.
But at the end of the day, I think Baker is hurt, and it is effecting his play.Â
I think it’s because “some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field” is speculative nonsense?Â
ÂI suppose it could simply be a lack of chemistry between them. But today it’s pretty obvious who was to blame for the lack of connection. And it wasn’t some innocuous intangible - it was a QB who was consistently unable to hit his target.
-
Today was a solid F. last week was maybe a D+ and the first two weeks were A’s. Let’s hope it’s his shoulder and it heals quickly. Honestly though if his injured shoulder makes him play this badly Keenum should have played. He was 3rd strong rookie bad today. Not only did he miss guys by miles long and high he just continually didn’t see the easy open man. I couldn’t get the play where Felton was so open for a short first down he was holding an I’m open neon billboard. I still can’t fathom that one. Between last week and this week he has blown throws on at least 4 easy TD balls. I’m a fan of Baker but this has to improve fast if we are going anywhere this year. I also was frustrated more than once today when Stefanski abandoned the run as bad as Bake played. I think the one series we were on the 1 and passed 2/3 plays despite our monster running game. Only thing that bailed us out was a dumb penalty on the Vikings.Â
-
Why does it have to mean that Baker not doing as well with OBJ is OBJ's fault?
It could very well be Baker's fault. Some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field? Who knows.
But at the end of the day, I think Baker is hurt, and it is effecting his play.Â
I think it’s because “some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field” is speculative nonsense?Â
ÂI suppose it could simply be a lack of chemistry between them. But today it’s pretty obvious who was to blame for the lack of connection. And it wasn’t some innocuous intangible - it was a QB who was consistently unable to hit his target.
I think it’s because “some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field” is speculative nonsense?Â
ÂI suppose it could simply be a lack of chemistry between them. But today it’s pretty obvious who was to blame for the lack of connection. And it wasn’t some innocuous intangible - it was a QB who was consistently unable to hit his target.
I know, I was agreeing with you.Â
I was stating that the people who push the theory that Baker struggles with OBJ often blame OBJ, not Baker.Â
Hell, I might be the first person on here to actually figure out Baker's career stats with and without OBJ and post them. I don't think it is cut and dry by any means, but it is a fact that Baker's stats are far better without OBJ than with. I do think there are reasons that can at least partially explain this, though.Â
-
Correlation is not causation.
-
OBJ would have had an easy 80+ yards today had Baker been anywhere near on target. Ridiculous to pin this on Beckham
Why does it have to mean that Baker not doing as well with OBJ is OBJ's fault?
It could very well be Baker's fault. Some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field? Who knows.
But at the end of the day, I think Baker is hurt, and it is effecting his play.Â
Why does it have to mean that Baker not doing as well with OBJ is OBJ's fault?
It could very well be Baker's fault. Some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field? Who knows.
But at the end of the day, I think Baker is hurt, and it is effecting his play.Â
Dutch I fucken love you man (no homo) but we could have Devante or Hopkins out there and they would NOT caught those passes that were 10 yards overthrown. This is all on Baker, he sucked dick today. End of story. Odell in theory is an all-pro WR and he (as in Baker) can't seem to make it happen. Dude had at least one break away TD maybe 2.Â
-
Awesome win by the defense today, with no help from Baker or Stef... both had bad games and as long as we win I can excuse them.Â
^ That being said, let's not make it a habit. Â
Awesome win by the defense today, with no help from Baker or Stef... both had bad games and as long as we win I can excuse them.Â
^ That being said, let's not make it a habit. Â
Hi Soju so you decided to surface after a year or two.Â
Yes Baker sucked big time today, accuracy was in the toilet. Totally unacceptable performance from an NFL QB.  But it's a team game and we won. We can't count on the defense winning games for us. Â
And what the hell Stef- going for it on 4th an one I can see. But this is the 4th? Time you've passed on chip shot field goals? Calm down- take the points when they're there. Eventually it's going to bite you in the ass.Â
-
I am afraid he is getting back into that "find OBJ" mode which causes him to play much worse. He is a better thrower when scanning the field searching for the right option.
-
Why does it have to mean that Baker not doing as well with OBJ is OBJ's fault?
It could very well be Baker's fault. Some weird thing where for whatever reason Baker has a mental block when OBJ is on the field? Who knows.
But at the end of the day, I think Baker is hurt, and it is effecting his play.Â
Dutch I fucken love you man (no homo) but we could have Devante or Hopkins out there and they would NOT caught those passes that were 10 yards overthrown. This is all on Baker, he sucked dick today. End of story. Odell in theory is an all-pro WR and he (as in Baker) can't seem to make it happen. Dude had at least one break away TD maybe 2.Â
Dutch I fucken love you man (no homo) but we could have Devante or Hopkins out there and they would NOT caught those passes that were 10 yards overthrown. This is all on Baker, he sucked dick today. End of story. Odell in theory is an all-pro WR and he (as in Baker) can't seem to make it happen. Dude had at least one break away TD maybe 2.Â
Oh no, man this is getting twisted.Â
I think the Vikings game was on Baker, OBJ did nothing (that I know of) wrong. I was referring to the whole "Does Baker do better with or without OBJ" discussion in general. Definitely not saying OBJ was to blame for yesterday.Â
-
Baker was bad. He made some bad decisions. - 1st drive of nd half, Felton standing there, wide open, beyond the sticks, Baker plainly sees him but tries to run instead, so we punt. He had a bunch of open targets that he just plain airmailed over their heads. Thank God the defense saved the day (and Chubb & Hunt).
-
I am afraid he is getting back into that "find OBJ" mode which causes him to play much worse. He is a better thrower when scanning the field searching for the right option.
I am afraid he is getting back into that "find OBJ" mode which causes him to play much worse. He is a better thrower when scanning the field searching for the right option.
But this doesn’t explain when he finds him and throws OBJ the ball.
He found him and missed him at least three times on plays that should have been made down the field.  If it is his non throwing shoulder causing accuracy issues and he’s playing hurt the staff needs to assess whether or not Keenum right now is a better option.He missed a wide open Harrison Bryant too-  high and wide.Â
 -
Obviously he looked poor today, but I think we're missing the fact he's a little more dinged up in that shoulder than he and the team are leading on.
Mayfield's 'problem' has never been accuracy. You saw the accuracy there the first two weeks. What changed week 3? A huge pop on the shoulder, albeit non-throwing. I could have been seeing what I wanted to see, but I swear I noticed a wince on 3-4 throws down the field. It's my understanding as well that he's wearing a protective device that maybe needs to be reconsidered. Baker was clearly playing at a top 10-12 level from the back half of 2020 through first two weeks this year-hopefully this injury is the problem.
-
-
We can run the ballWe can stop the run.
We can defend the pass
We can rush the passer
Special Teams aside from a dropped punt snap have been very good.Â
We haven’t been plagued by penaltiesÂ
Passing game while working well at times is still a work in progressÂ
We could protect the ball better (but 0 turnovers today)
QB play needs to improve.
It is October 3 and this is a very good teamÂ
We’ve played an elite offense, a very good offense, a great defense and we’ve played in two tough environments.
Chargers are next they will play a physical division game against the Raiders.  That series is always physical and the games are ugly…we are fortunate to catch them next week.
We can run the ballWe can stop the run.
We can defend the pass
We can rush the passer
Special Teams aside from a dropped punt snap have been very good.Â
We haven’t been plagued by penaltiesÂ
Passing game while working well at times is still a work in progressÂ
We could protect the ball better (but 0 turnovers today)
QB play needs to improve.
It is October 3 and this is a very good teamÂ
We’ve played an elite offense, a very good offense, a great defense and we’ve played in two tough environments.
Chargers are next they will play a physical division game against the Raiders.  That series is always physical and the games are ugly…we are fortunate to catch them next week.
so what you are saying is we are good QB play away from a super bowl?  not great qb play just good.
-
Maybe if he puts "Stop Overthrowing Open Receivers" on the back of his helmet would bring awareness to him. OBJ is changing his helmet banner to "But I Was Open"
I hope Baker gets healthy and back on track.....he'll be just fine
-
No doubt it wasn't a good effort, but we won.
the d was magnificant......its about time....correct me if i am wrong, but i thought i heard cousings was the number one ranked qb going into the game....so the d did great...as far as the offense..........the sucked....again....don't care what excuses are out there, obj and baker just never hit it off since day one...don't want to hear this shit about injuries...the pandemic...laci of practice together because there are teams out there with new recievers on their respective teams and they are doing well....it just did not happen....we still need that wr with explosiveness......we don't have one......can't rely on our rb's all the time.....as far as baker goes...he better own up this weekend vs. the lightning bolts....and then the cards.....hmmmmmmmm....i don't know.....
-
Baker was bad. He made some bad decisions. - 1st drive of nd half, Felton standing there, wide open, beyond the sticks, Baker plainly sees him but tries to run instead, so we punt. He had a bunch of open targets that he just plain airmailed over their heads. Thank God the defense saved the day (and Chubb & Hunt).
Baker was bad. He made some bad decisions. - 1st drive of nd half, Felton standing there, wide open, beyond the sticks, Baker plainly sees him but tries to run instead, so we punt. He had a bunch of open targets that he just plain airmailed over their heads. Thank God the defense saved the day (and Chubb & Hunt).
me thinks baker thought he was lamar on that play......sorry baker you cannot run like lamar...get that thought out of your head....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login