Baker Mayfield
-
Zombo said:
Joe Burrow has thrown 9 interceptions this season ... Baker has 11 over the last TWO seasons.
And he's won 15 games over those two years, Burrow has won 7.
Fucking rats bailing on the ship so soon cracks me the fuck up.
Guy leads us to our first playoff win since 1993, and now he's "limited" because we're 4-4 in a myriad of injuries.
I am disappointed in Browns Fan Humanity.
Z
Baker has always been limited as a NFL QB. Doesn't mean he's bad or he sucks as some people on here contend, it just means his ceiling is only so high.
And there probably isn't a GM in the NFL that would take Baker Mayfield over Joe Burrow.
-
Zombo said:
What do you want to do? Hit the draft again? You gotta be kidding me.
Lol....after posting my thoughts, for shits & giggles, I went and looked up the top 10 college QB's. I like the tall ones with strong arms. Carson Strong, Nevada, 6 ft 4.
Of course Baker is the best WE'VE had in the last quarter century. Hands down. Most everyone wants him to be the one. The way he debuted against the Jets that Thursday night was magical. But now, if we're trailing late in the 4th quarter and need to get down the field and score...well, I can't remember the last time we've succeeded in winning one of those games. I'm sure it's not too long ago though.
Now, with our WR situation deteriorating (OBJ gone, Landry gimpy, DPJ seeming injury prone), RT out....this season has the potential to go to hell in a handbasket. (in which case I'll take Carson Strong
) But on the other hand, did DPJ ever dream of being a #1 WR in the NFL? This is his chance. Can Higgins get back into sync with Baker? Can Landry stay healthy? Can we get consistent production from the TE's? Can we get back to running the ball effectively? The answers can certainly be yes. In which case we'll be good enough to string a bunch of wins together and make a playoff run. - Let's hope for that. Because nobody wants us to be back to square one.
-
Zombo said:
Joe Burrow has thrown 9 interceptions this season ... Baker has 11 over the last TWO seasons.
And he's won 15 games over those two years, Burrow has won 7.
Fucking rats bailing on the ship so soon cracks me the fuck up.
Guy leads us to our first playoff win since 1993, and now he's "limited" because we're 4-4 in a myriad of injuries.
I am disappointed in Browns Fan Humanity.
Z
1) As has been said- there isn't a GM in the NFL right now who would trade Joe Burrow for Baker right now- straight up. FWIW, living in Bengal Land- I'll 100% agree.
2) We're NOT bailing- we just dont have your 100% homer glasses on like you do.
Zombo said:
Ya, his injury dropped six balls and fumbled away a scoring drive this week.
Z
I didn't put that loss on Baker. Drive killing drops. If it's not one thing, it's something else. Get ready Z- a loss Sunday (I'm expecting it) and scouting college prospects gets into full swing. We haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet.
-
Zombo said:
What exactly are his limits?
Z
is?... what it is? The gut'zie Player...
Baker has done nothing, but shown his.. love.. leadership.. and team-mate-warrior-ship.. that still will run through a wall to win a game... he loves playing the game..
including the guts to go make a tackle (the how) ...or block (still) when needed...
now others are finding ways to use this against him.. to... _______________ yada/yada/yada
I'm not here to toss arrows at the facts of how #6 got hurt ?
Berry has all the game-tape/ The Room.... to make a honest choice at the position...
-
Zombo said:
What exactly are his limits?
Z
For one, his height.
He often times struggles to throw from the pocket, hence why Stefanski designed so many roll-outs or play-action passes for Baker. Problem is, teams are starting to get hip to that, and the roll-outs are becoming more difficult to execute. I also believe why so many of Baker's passes are high is because he's trying to throw behind a wall of OLinemen much taller than he is. High passes from Baker are not specific to just his recent injury.
To be fair, I also suspect Stefanski's offense is somewhat limited too. Many have criticized Baker for his inability to lead game winning drives, but I don't think this offense is one that is built to come back from behind either. Basically, I don't think Baker or this offense is all that good at passing when everyone knows they need to pass.
-
Zombo said:
Not sure how height is a limitation when I see the careers of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.
He's had 7 game-winning drives as a starter, but none this year, however you think that is more of a Stefanski thing.
Staggering case you have presented, Counselor.
Z
Kyler Murray is the shortest starting QB in the league at 5’10”.
-
Zombo said:
Not sure how height is a limitation when I see the careers of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.
He's had 7 game-winning drives as a starter, but none this year, however you think that is more of a Stefanski thing.
Staggering case you have presented, Counselor.
Z
Kyler Murray is the shortest starting QB in the league at 5’10”.
Kyler Murray is the shortest starting QB in the league at 5’10”.
If Kyler Murray is 5'10, I'm Asian. I don't know who they bought off at the combine, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap.
-
Zombo said:
I get it, I do.
I find it fun to defend Baker, because he's out there hurt, balling, and 95% of the time he makes the right decision, the NFL is brutally tough, and I like to root for our guys.
The second down throw does not eat at me, but the third down draw call does. Stef admitted his fault there, so I've moved on.
As for OBJ, I tried to root for him. I think everyone in the organization tried as well ... but it never felt right.
This was a John Dorsey deal, and he didn't fit either, and neither did Freddy Kitchins. Now, it's completely Berry's show, and Stefanski fits perfectly.
And Baker Mayfield fits perfectly. He's always felt like exactly the quarterback we needed at this time and place, and I'm proud that he's a Cleveland Brown. I thought he handled the OBJ press conference perfectly.
That does not make him above criticism as a player, some of it is very fair. But if a guy is out there with one wing fighting his tail off for the Cleveland Browns, dealing with major injuries to his stars all around him, and a major unproductive distraction as his "#1" receiver... I'm gonna pull for him, and I'm gonna defend him. That's what makes being a fan fun for me, when you believe in a team, or a player, you go all in. I'd defend Chubb, Myles, and many others the same way ... but QBs are always open to the most criticism.
Either that ... or I'm just a homosexual "fan boi".
But I think it's the first thing.
Z
This gives catching some Zs all new meaning!
Don't know how many people on this board know this but YOU are the reason this board LIVED after it's owner died as well as Hag 2's generosity! One of my last conversations with Stan (Atenears/Skippy)- he said "Flugel, do you have any idea what a pain in the ass Zombo's Queer Eye for the Cleveland Browns is to me? He's the ONLY reason you guys still have a board. And he's not even from Cleveland - he's from NW Pennsylvania!"
The BIGGEST problem I saw with the Baker - OBJ lack of chemistry is the SAME problem we saw in 2019. Both of our Starting Tackles were missing plus the guy under contract designated to be their #1 back-up (Hubbard) went on IR this year. If that didn't give anyone flashbacks to the "Paper Champions" label TN gave us when we lost both starting tackles and the backup LT Kendall Lamm in the opener - it should have. Baker got KILLED in that opener following a very promising rookie season. The results we're not enough time to go deep and a running game with inconsistent daylight available. SAME shit - different year. Having said that, the new FO addressed and prioritized OT (and depth of it) before 2020 (Wills in rd 1 and Conklin in FA) resulting in an 11-5 regular season punctuated with a playoff win in Pittsburgh. This year they also kept Hubbard to be the #1 backup; but bad luck is bad luck. Not only did this impact the passing game - but it also clamped our running game into a bear claw at times. Baker isn't the only guy behind Center that got injured - both Chubb and Hunt got beat up enough to miss starts. Is it only a coincidence or does losing your 1st 3 Tackles on the depth chart change time to throw and consistency of daylight to run to? I think the accuracy issues from Baker at times and dropped passes from OBJ were the uncomfortable symptoms stemmed from the situation at OT.
The 1 thing I will say is that Baker and OBJ did get together in the offseasons that OBJ was healthy enough to do so. They did TRY despite what some of the sports media guys are accusing Baker of not attempting to do (Michael Robinson and James Jones whom I normally respect when they include the inconvenient truths in their research). Another thing that OBJ never got credit for was blocking people downfield. He lit someone up just a couple weeks despite his frustration about his role in the passing game. All that said, when OBJ misses training camp - it's not that tough to understand why Baker has better chemistry with guys that were here. I WANTED this to work; but seeing the way OBJ SR went public turned this into a "War of the Roses" divorce we didn't need.
-
Zombo said:
Not sure how height is a limitation when I see the careers of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.
He's had 7 game-winning drives as a starter, but none this year, however you think that is more of a Stefanski thing.
Staggering case you have presented, Counselor.
Z
I'm sorry, I guess you think everyone is exactly the same. The idea that two people could have the same disadvantage, one overcomes it, the other struggles from it, just has never crossed your mind, huh?
And the list of QBs Baker's age, that GMs would jump all over before Baker is a pretty long one. Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert at the minimum.
But keep up your homer "I"M A GREAT TRUE-BLUE BROWNS FAN AND YOU ARE NOT" posts. They are entertaining, at the least.
-
Zombo said:
I get it, I do.
I find it fun to defend Baker, because he's out there hurt, balling, and 95% of the time he makes the right decision, the NFL is brutally tough, and I like to root for our guys.
The second down throw does not eat at me, but the third down draw call does. Stef admitted his fault there, so I've moved on.
As for OBJ, I tried to root for him. I think everyone in the organization tried as well ... but it never felt right.
This was a John Dorsey deal, and he didn't fit either, and neither did Freddy Kitchins. Now, it's completely Berry's show, and Stefanski fits perfectly.
And Baker Mayfield fits perfectly. He's always felt like exactly the quarterback we needed at this time and place, and I'm proud that he's a Cleveland Brown. I thought he handled the OBJ press conference perfectly.
That does not make him above criticism as a player, some of it is very fair. But if a guy is out there with one wing fighting his tail off for the Cleveland Browns, dealing with major injuries to his stars all around him, and a major unproductive distraction as his "#1" receiver... I'm gonna pull for him, and I'm gonna defend him. That's what makes being a fan fun for me, when you believe in a team, or a player, you go all in. I'd defend Chubb, Myles, and many others the same way ... but QBs are always open to the most criticism.
Either that ... or I'm just a homosexual "fan boi".
But I think it's the first thing.
Z
This gives catching some Zs all new meaning!
Don't know how many people on this board know this but YOU are the reason this board LIVED after it's owner died as well as Hag 2's generosity! One of my last conversations with Stan (Atenears/Skippy)- he said "Flugel, do you have any idea what a pain in the ass Zombo's Queer Eye for the Cleveland Browns is to me? He's the ONLY reason you guys still have a board. And he's not even from Cleveland - he's from NW Pennsylvania!"
The BIGGEST problem I saw with the Baker - OBJ lack of chemistry is the SAME problem we saw in 2019. Both of our Starting Tackles were missing plus the guy under contract designated to be their #1 back-up (Hubbard) went on IR this year. If that didn't give anyone flashbacks to the "Paper Champions" label TN gave us when we lost both starting tackles and the backup LT Kendall Lamm in the opener - it should have. Baker got KILLED in that opener following a very promising rookie season. The results we're not enough time to go deep and a running game with inconsistent daylight available. SAME shit - different year. Having said that, the new FO addressed and prioritized OT (and depth of it) before 2020 (Wills in rd 1 and Conklin in FA) resulting in an 11-5 regular season punctuated with a playoff win in Pittsburgh. This year they also kept Hubbard to be the #1 backup; but bad luck is bad luck. Not only did this impact the passing game - but it also clamped our running game into a bear claw at times. Baker isn't the only guy behind Center that got injured - both Chubb and Hunt got beat up enough to miss starts. Is it only a coincidence or does losing your 1st 3 Tackles on the depth chart change time to throw and consistency of daylight to run to? I think the accuracy issues from Baker at times and dropped passes from OBJ were the uncomfortable symptoms stemmed from the situation at OT.
The 1 thing I will say is that Baker and OBJ did get together in the offseasons that OBJ was healthy enough to do so. They did TRY despite what some of the sports media guys are accusing Baker of not attempting to do (Michael Robinson and James Jones whom I normally respect when they include the inconvenient truths in their research). Another thing that OBJ never got credit for was blocking people downfield. He lit someone up just a couple weeks despite his frustration about his role in the passing game. All that said, when OBJ misses training camp - it's not that tough to understand why Baker has better chemistry with guys that were here. I WANTED this to work; but seeing the way OBJ SR went public turned this into a "War of the Roses" divorce we didn't need.
The BIGGEST problem I saw with the Baker - OBJ lack of chemistry is the SAME problem we saw in 2019.
To me, the reason why Baker and OBJ didn't work was a relatively simple one:
Baker with the Browns is a system QB. He played well under Stefanski's orchestration last season, specifically in the second half of the season without OBJ, because he bought into Stef's system and performed it well. When you are a QB running a regulated system, having a WR who seemingly didn't work under the system, but free-lances his way through a route tree, it will not work. When Baker fakes a run to Chubb, rolls to the right, and expects a certain receiver to run a 8 yard out route, the receiver better run a 8 yard out route. OBJ does not do that, and I recall complaints about OBJ free-lancing back to his time with the Giants. Baker is a system QB who is going to struggle developing chemistry with a WR who doesn't play within a system.
I think this is why "OBJ was open and Baker didn't even look at him" happened so often. Baker probably stopped looking his way because OBJ consistently wasn't where he expected him to be.
-
Watching "Browns LIve" on tv - Joe Thomas said the Browns didn't run as well because with a hurt qb, hurt wr's, hurt RT, banged up LT..... they crowded the los to stop the run. And just as I said - they cheapshotted Baker - one hit him low, the other hit him high, and good job THAT TIME - it was called. It was LATE. It's what they do.
I had been waiting for Higgins to start making more than 1, maybe two catches a game. How many years has it been?
My opinion, there is a lot more to being an "elite" qb than having a good arm and being ...."the best pure pocket passer". (Josh Rosen reference).
It's fair to say Baker isn't at his best right now. But if his wr's had caught the passes they should have caught - Baker could have had an excellent game, a very high completion percentage.
Me, I was amazed Baker could really zing some passes like he did. With a fractured bone in his nonthrowing shoulder ? a brace?
I still think Keenum should have started vs the squealers.
and, OBJ was a cancer with the Giants. Too bad obj didn't learn from Jarvis Landry how to be a team player. But with obj, it was all about obj and his "brand". Addition by subtraction, says I.
-
Also, when OBJ freelances from step 2 of his route, can't say "Baker isn't throwing to him" because OBJ isn't where he's supposed to be on that play.
-
Watching "Browns LIve" on tv - Joe Thomas said the Browns didn't run as well because with a hurt qb, hurt wr's, hurt RT, banged up LT..... they crowded the los to stop the run. And just as I said - they cheapshotted Baker - one hit him low, the other hit him high, and good job THAT TIME - it was called. It was LATE. It's what they do.
I had been waiting for Higgins to start making more than 1, maybe two catches a game. How many years has it been?
My opinion, there is a lot more to being an "elite" qb than having a good arm and being ...."the best pure pocket passer". (Josh Rosen reference).
It's fair to say Baker isn't at his best right now. But if his wr's had caught the passes they should have caught - Baker could have had an excellent game, a very high completion percentage.
Me, I was amazed Baker could really zing some passes like he did. With a fractured bone in his nonthrowing shoulder ? a brace?
I still think Keenum should have started vs the squealers.
and, OBJ was a cancer with the Giants. Too bad obj didn't learn from Jarvis Landry how to be a team player. But with obj, it was all about obj and his "brand". Addition by subtraction, says I.
Watching "Browns LIve" on tv - Joe Thomas said the Browns didn't run as well because with a hurt qb, hurt wr's, hurt RT, banged up LT..... they crowded the los to stop the run. And just as I said - they cheapshotted Baker - one hit him low, the other hit him high, and good job THAT TIME - it was called. It was LATE. It's what they do.
I had been waiting for Higgins to start making more than 1, maybe two catches a game. How many years has it been?
My opinion, there is a lot more to being an "elite" qb than having a good arm and being ...."the best pure pocket passer". (Josh Rosen reference).
It's fair to say Baker isn't at his best right now. But if his wr's had caught the passes they should have caught - Baker could have had an excellent game, a very high completion percentage.
Me, I was amazed Baker could really zing some passes like he did. With a fractured bone in his nonthrowing shoulder ? a brace?
I still think Keenum should have started vs the squealers.
and, OBJ was a cancer with the Giants. Too bad obj didn't learn from Jarvis Landry how to be a team player. But with obj, it was all about obj and his "brand". Addition by subtraction, says I.
so these are all joes words
-
If the Browns lose tomorrow, the Browns will have to consider how much longer they keep trotting out Baker, and instead shut him down for the rest of the season and get him the surgery and rehab he needs on his left shoulder.
-
Watching "Browns LIve" on tv - Joe Thomas said the Browns didn't run as well because with a hurt qb, hurt wr's, hurt RT, banged up LT..... they crowded the los to stop the run. And just as I said - they cheapshotted Baker - one hit him low, the other hit him high, and good job THAT TIME - it was called. It was LATE. It's what they do.
I had been waiting for Higgins to start making more than 1, maybe two catches a game. How many years has it been?
My opinion, there is a lot more to being an "elite" qb than having a good arm and being ...."the best pure pocket passer". (Josh Rosen reference).
It's fair to say Baker isn't at his best right now. But if his wr's had caught the passes they should have caught - Baker could have had an excellent game, a very high completion percentage.
Me, I was amazed Baker could really zing some passes like he did. With a fractured bone in his nonthrowing shoulder ? a brace?
I still think Keenum should have started vs the squealers.
and, OBJ was a cancer with the Giants. Too bad obj didn't learn from Jarvis Landry how to be a team player. But with obj, it was all about obj and his "brand". Addition by subtraction, says I.
so these are all joes words
so these are all joes words
no, of course not, Joe's words were paraphrased by me, and that paraphrasing ENDED
with the period. (.)
" Watching "Browns LIve" on tv - Joe Thomas said the Browns didn't run as well because with a hurt qb, hurt wr's, hurt RT, banged up LT..... they crowded the los to stop the run. "
-
The BIGGEST problem I saw with the Baker - OBJ lack of chemistry is the SAME problem we saw in 2019.
To me, the reason why Baker and OBJ didn't work was a relatively simple one:
Baker with the Browns is a system QB. He played well under Stefanski's orchestration last season, specifically in the second half of the season without OBJ, because he bought into Stef's system and performed it well. When you are a QB running a regulated system, having a WR who seemingly didn't work under the system, but free-lances his way through a route tree, it will not work. When Baker fakes a run to Chubb, rolls to the right, and expects a certain receiver to run a 8 yard out route, the receiver better run a 8 yard out route. OBJ does not do that, and I recall complaints about OBJ free-lancing back to his time with the Giants. Baker is a system QB who is going to struggle developing chemistry with a WR who doesn't play within a system.
I think this is why "OBJ was open and Baker didn't even look at him" happened so often. Baker probably stopped looking his way because OBJ consistently wasn't where he expected him to be.
To me, the reason why Baker and OBJ didn't work was a relatively simple one:
Baker with the Browns is a system QB. He played well under Stefanski's orchestration last season, specifically in the second half of the season without OBJ, because he bought into Stef's system and performed it well. When you are a QB running a regulated system, having a WR who seemingly didn't work under the system, but free-lances his way through a route tree, it will not work. When Baker fakes a run to Chubb, rolls to the right, and expects a certain receiver to run a 8 yard out route, the receiver better run a 8 yard out route. OBJ does not do that, and I recall complaints about OBJ free-lancing back to his time with the Giants. Baker is a system QB who is going to struggle developing chemistry with a WR who doesn't play within a system.
I think this is why "OBJ was open and Baker didn't even look at him" happened so often. Baker probably stopped looking his way because OBJ consistently wasn't where he expected him to be.
While you bring up some great points I agree with about last year - I can't forget the 27 TD passes I saw from him as a rookie in another system here. He was drafted by an 0-16 team Dutch. The 1st 2 games without Baker the Browns were 0-1-1 until right up until he inherited the 14 point deficit to the Jets that erased and led the Browns to victory. Why is it nobody wants to give the guy any credit for leading that team who was 1-31 and 0-1-1 with the previous QBs in the same system Baker came in and went 7-7 in his 1st 14 NFL games in the NFL. Quite a contrast in winning percentage and performance from the QB position IMO. 27 TD passes in just 13 starts and 14 appearances was a rookie record broken 2 years later by a guy with 2 more starts than Baker. When you give a guy 3-4 new OCs in his 1st 5 years - that's a lot of learning an unlearning being asked of a young QB in need of continuity to build on.
That rookie season, Baker peppered the ball around to a lot of different guys. Even last year in the Cincy game. Do you remember it? Watch the last minute when Cincy went up leaving Cleveland needing a TD to win without any time outs left. His WRs were Peoples-Jones (rookie), Hodge, Higgins and a banged up Landry (on a hip needing surgery). It was sink or swim where the situation and time remaining put it all on Baker's arm. He didn't fail or stay handcuffed to a system.
I think there's something here if we ever allow Baker to build upon his experience in 1 system.
-
Zombo said:
Well, he's not "struggling" to "overcome his height disadvantage", he's simply compensating for being injured, having his starting tackles injured, missing his best receiver (until he returned to have and awful performance) and having a complete flake as his #1 receiver .... now thankfully gone.
Yet , despite all this, there he is with 67% completion percentage, 96 passer rating, only a couple interceptions and the team in the thick of the AFC race.
Sky falling much?
The sky isn't falling.
Baker is a good starting QB, along the lines of what Andy Dalton was for years in Cincinnati.
And you can laugh at the idea of shutting down Baker and getting him into rehabbing his shoulder now, instead of waiting until the season ends, but lets be honest, the Browns aren't going to the playoffs this season. Not with a gimpy Baker, or a team ravaged with injuries, not with the upcoming schedule. They lose tomorrow, it's pretty much over.
-
Zombo said:
Not sure how height is a limitation when I see the careers of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.
He's had 7 game-winning drives as a starter, but none this year, however you think that is more of a Stefanski thing.
Staggering case you have presented, Counselor.
Z
I'm sorry, I guess you think everyone is exactly the same. The idea that two people could have the same disadvantage, one overcomes it, the other struggles from it, just has never crossed your mind, huh?
And the list of QBs Baker's age, that GMs would jump all over before Baker is a pretty long one. Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert at the minimum.
But keep up your homer "I"M A GREAT TRUE-BLUE BROWNS FAN AND YOU ARE NOT" posts. They are entertaining, at the least.
And the list of QBs Baker's age, that GMs would jump all over before Baker is a pretty long one. Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert at the minimum.
But keep up your homer "I"M A GREAT TRUE-BLUE BROWNS FAN AND YOU ARE NOT" posts. They are entertaining, at the least.
And I thank you... There's some of us BROWS FANS- 60+ years in my case, who don't look at our team through a pair of rose colored glasses.
If the Browns lose tomorrow, the Browns will have to consider how much longer they keep trotting out Baker, and instead shut him down for the rest of the season and get him the surgery and rehab he needs on his left shoulder.
Zombo scoffing at that notion? Of course as a True Blue diehard fan it couldn't be any other way.
-
Zombo said:
I didn't realize that living in Dayton made one a Joe Burrow expert.
I guess I'm a Brady and Tua expert then, let me know if you have any questions.
The fact that you are expecting a loss tells me everything about you right now.
We'll win this game, and we'll win the division. And then I'll have Baker shit on a plate and I'll slice it up for you guys.
Z
1) So how much of Brady and Tua have you actually watched? HUH? FYI, I get force fed Bengals coverage here- we ARE considered Cincinnati's market, after all. I've watched a bunch of the Bengals games. ?
2) So before you start predicting a Browns win in your "This Week in the AFC North" thread- let me give you the scouting report on the Bengals. Ahem... Before I start- I'll point out their loss last week to the lousy Jets was a total trap game, they walked into the Meadowlands expecting a win, and paid the price for it. They're a far, far better team than that. Maybe I should point out to you they beat the Steelers (you know, the team we just lost to) on the road. Ditto beating the Ratbirds handily in Baltimore. It's going to take the best Browns game of the year to beat them.
Joe Burrow did you say? The Bengals absolutely knocked it out of the park when they drafted him. If he hadn't had his knee wrecked, he would have easily have been OROTY. Pinpoint accuracy, has an uncanny ability to escape pressure in the pocket. Speaking of OROTY, you just might as well have it ready to give to Ja'Marr Chase now. 3rd in the NFL in receiving yards on only 38 receptions. I haven't seen anyone run him down from behind yet when he breaks lose. Better pray Hospital Ward is somewhat healthy. The talent at WR doesn't stop there, Boyd and (the other) Higgins are no slouches. Their TE Ozomah already had 5 TDs- several of those on long runs. Their RB Joe Mixon is more than adequate with 500+ rushing yards.
Their defense may not have any standout players, but it doesn't have any gaping holes either. One thing that honks me off is the Browns shouldn't have let Larry Ogunjobi walk- he's having a standout year so far, (3.5 sacks)
I will say this much Z- every time I have a strong feeling about an upcoming game one way or the other, it's usually wrong. That loss to the Steelers left me so disgusted, I'm not making the 60 minute drive down to Cinci for the game. Even though Steve and the GNATS Tailgaters are making the road trip this week, and it's going to be a perfect day weather-wise.
One final note- a loss to the Bengals, and you can kiss the playoffs goodbye this year. Just realize it could happen. Eeyore speaking. 4-5, 0-2 in the division. Cinci 6-3, 3-0 in the division. In that scenario 8-0 or 7-1 isn't happening, sorry about that. It's why the more level headed among us Browns fans are saying- that would be a damn good reason to shut Baker down for the year, have the shoulder surgery he needs, and get a head start on 2022.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login